>dude lets you kill the mobs
>will attempt to honour duel you in 90% of cases
awesome
>be 2022
>playing elden ring
>get invaded
>faggot just camps in the most mob heavy area between you and the boss
>will run away to find more mobs if you kill them, even if you're 1v1ing
>in 90% of cases is using the most cheesy shit in the game, or otherwise using exploits/glitches
Invaders used to consistently be the most skilled, as well as chill, people. Now they're nothing but spastic pussies who won't engage you unless they have a host of mobs to gangbang you. They will exhaust every enemy on the map and after they're all dead will just 'return home' instead of fight you lmao.

Attached: invader.jpg (1280x720, 140.63K)

Elden ring is usually a 3v1 vs the invaders what the fuck do you think they're gonna do?

Invasions are street rules. Fucking anything goes.

If you want a fair fight then use the duelist summons.

Elden Ring forces invaders to approach every session with the loadout and mentality of a cutthroat race to instakill or get instakilled.

I still haven't been invaded at all.

>be literally invading peoples world to stop their progress and ruin their day
>ok im gonna summon a covenant designed to specifically stop these people
NOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT IT HAS TO BE AN HONORABLE DUEL THOUGH I REFUSE TO DUEL YOU IM GONNA GET THE DROP AND USE MOONVEIL TO KILL YOU AND RUIN YOUR DAY AND TBAG YOUR CORPSE BUT IT HAS TO BE FAIRRRRR BECAUSE IM A SHITTER AT THIS GAME.

I hate invaderfags so much, its the same seethe from ds3 and you never had a foot to stand on

You only get invaded if you summon

>WAAAAAAAH WHY CANT I GANK INVADERS WITH MY BABYSITTERS?????!!

git gud summonshitter.

>ganking
ganking is when you specifically wait around in co-op for the express purpose of teaming up on invaders. You getting killed by a host and his summons who are playing through the area normally is not 'getting ganked'

Fromsoft made invading harder and harder in every game. Now every player who would invade for fun has been filtered out, and the unfiltered have had their human empathy ground into dust by a million ganksquads.

dont care youre still shit for needing summons, get fucked.

>a host and his summons who are playing through the area normally
It stops counting as "playing normally" when the summon is 150 levels higher than the host and the host has endgame weapons in the second area of the game

>what happened?
I dunno bro you tell me what happens when half the invasions is one player against 3 others and one of them has access to runes and more heals on top.
Surely those who want to invade and be humble would stick around like some masochist? lmao

Attached: 1638105888650.jpg (667x645, 53.97K)

Correct, you essentially defined ganking. A lot of people misunderstand what ganking is though, they think that they should be able to invade others games and be entitled to a 1v1 otherwise they're getting ganked. That's not what ganking is. Its a term for teams who are deliberately NOT finishing the area boss, so that they can team against invaders.

99% of the time the host is not 1v1 in elden ring, I might even go as far as to say 99.9% of the time they are not 1v1 and if they are it's because their phantom friends are off fighting something else for them. Due to various mechanics and features if you invade repeatedly in elden ring you'll quickly develop an intense feeling of hatred and contempt for the host and will do everything in your power to kill them as soon as possible and any feeling of having fun or sportsmanship will fly right out the window, it might not be as bad if there wasn't password phantoms but with the way it is you will only find hate filled meta/exploit abusers who just want hosts to die.

Dark Souls 3 pvp is going to die even more because of this shit fucking excuse of a game fuck me

This, the more they enforce rules to make it safer for coop the more it will be more cutthroat in the end, invaders are FORCED to do all or nothing because they expect a underleveled host summoning their meta friends in a 3v1 scenario, if this wasn't the case you would have a better experience

tldr just don't play coop, why the fuck do you play coop in soulsgames anyway

If you buff in duels im coming after you. Buffing is so insane, why the fuck would I sit around and let you apply six fucking buffs.

>what happened to invaders?
midwits happened. elden ring fills the aesthetic void of something like skyrim; a game that is easily accessible with a grim paint job that easily lulls average people into sedation.
all the people still playing elden ring are basic, boring people.

Is online possible again for DS3? I thought it was dead

btw the same "broken OP invader" will be the ganker once he get feds up with the shit, so its really easy to see how this system goes to shit very quickly and you have proof in the ER invasions right now

That's why people are afking with the taunters tongue, stick to your meta duels at raya lucaria, dumb pvp niggers

>Dark Souls 3 pvp is going to die
>when it's already dead on pc because of the servers being down

Attached: 1616065193699.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Not really, that's just how legitimately 70% of the people you invade will be playing through the game. They're not taunter's tongued, they're not sitting around waiting for invaders, even though they probably ran back to the grace the moment the message popped up and will refuse to leave it, and if it were up to them they'd never get invaded in the first place.
They just want to get carried through the game by their level 300 friend that kills every enemy in one or two r1s, and that includes any invader naive enough to attempt a "fair" fight.

>make a post
>lie about what actually happened during a games peak

Attached: 1648741591638.png (256x256, 72.38K)

Minor correction
>They're not Taunter's Tongued* unless they just used it to summon a second level 300 phantom and never open the second invasion slot in the first place

No, those people are legitimate NPCs, incapable of independent thought, who saw it on a youtube video with an advertisement for fucking buying runes and thought it was actually efficient rune farm. And then when they only get a few thousand souls an hour and people keep killing them with the cannon they're probably brainless enough to actually go buy runes, too. There wouldn't be so many people offering if there weren't people buying.

Just don't summon???

there's a lot of aspects to ganking but it necessarily includes a desire to be invaded, with an intent to 'team up' against invaders. This is always what it has meant. Forcing yourself upon someone elses world and them using everything in their means to kill you, including summons, is not ganking - not if they never desired you be there and are simply trying to get to the boss. Most invaders 10 years ago understood this.

If you didn't slay the host, you're the one who's shit

Lmfao git gud faggot
Next.

Attached: bludkek.jpg (572x509, 72.68K)

>and the unfiltered have had their human empathy ground into dust
This

gankers are just invaders who grew tired of losing so they asked some low level friend to summon them, its really that easy

Host have
>+60 levels over the invader due to rune arc
>Two phantoms that can be level 500 to back them up
>Twice as much healing and FP
>Get literally 15 times as many runes for killing an invader as an invader gets for killing them

Invaders don't fight fair because even in the off chance you invade a solo host, you're still at an enormous disadvantage.

Meanwhile in dark souls 2 I have my ratbro rape dungeon and my precious bell...... WHY THE FUCK ARE THE SERVERS STILL DOWN?

You are right that those who invaded just for wins or crushing people are now more likely found in gank squads.

this. what the fuck is OP on about?

its nothing but a numbers game, the developers have squoze the balls of invaders into oblivion over the years, driving more and more players away, right from Dark Souls 2 with the fucking retarded soul memory system its been getting progessively more shit just to invade

it takes severe autism to take the time to actually invade and win regularily now so the only people you have left are faggots playing the pvp to flex on people, who are just there to instantly kill you and move on to the next

the bygone days of invading at sens funhouse or rping as a silver knight archer in anor londo are long gone, sadly the community also more or less knows what to expect from invasions after all these years, nobody wants to fuck around or do anything creative, nothing but boring autismos left

Attached: 1648592405912.jpg (729x1000, 830.71K)

I hope the next game fucks over invaders even more. Make blues automatically join the session unless the host opts out and they keep getting summoned every minute until the invader or host dies.

>who saw it on a youtube video with an advertisement for fucking buying runes
Who the fuck would buy runes in this game, the fuck I thought people did it to troll invaders

>every invasion will be at least a 1v2
>remove the co-op invader covenant
haha at least there isnt a seed of the giants item anymore

To make matters worse covenants dont even exist this time.
Despite soul memory dark souls2 had the rats, the bellboys, an arena and while bothing crazy it jad unique shit for covenant token turn ins, and you could get cosmetic shit like the full power red phantom aura

And you never will be if you don't summon other players. The opt-in system in ER is completely retarded.

>be literally invading peoples world to stop their progress and ruin their day
I've been invading people at level 25 and almost all of them have 1 or 2 companions that have end game equipment, ashes, and spells and obviously only exist to cheese through the game or be gank squads. fuck off nigger.

>>+60 levels over the invader due to rune arc
You mean Margott's rune? It's just stats since you don't get the actual damage reduction buffs that go along with levels and said stats are half useless since no one levels up ARC/DEX/STR/INT at once anyways.

>>Two phantoms that can be level 500 to back them up
True, but not always the case.

>>Get literally 15 times as many runes for killing an invader as an invader gets for killing them
Who gives a fuck, that doesn't affect the actual PvP session.

The one thing invaders have over hosts are builds geared towards PvP. I unironically see bloodhound step moonveil/RoB faggots in Raya Lucaria invading when the host is running around with a great sword and brass shield lmao.

It's kinda funny how people like OP desperately want to fit in for some reason. I remember getting invaded and ganked by faggots in Darkroot waiting for me to fight an npc first. Like why even lie about something like this if you have no knowledge about it? What do you gain?

at level 25 I killed one of the furled fingers and got fucking 70k runes.

I burnt out real fast on invasion attempts just doing my Vare questline accross 3 guys.
First wizard I wanted to avoid hoarfrost/moonveil memes and be a carian blade guy. Proceeded to see all katana fags.
Thief guy with jump build and two dagggers around the sorcery town in Caled. Two people farming invaders in unreachable places, 2 gank squads, and somebody who died before I found them. Wheeeee

>They just want to get carried through the game by their level 300 friend that kills every enemy in one or two r1s
that's why they deserve to die at all costs. they have to play the game the right way.

Or better yet, how about no MP like Sekiro?

I'm almost tempted to use the Taunter's Tongue while playing on my own just to open invasions up again, I miss the tension that an occasional invader adds to these games. But then I remember that 80% of the invaders I've seen thus far have been spamming that blood shit that nearly oneshots you in a single attack and I lose all interest. I have no interest invading myself either despite getting the Bloody Finger, the gigantic open world combined with your runes dropping wherever you died makes every instance a pain in the ass.

>2012
fucking pc gamers

Attached: 643675433.jpg (1080x1411, 123.54K)

that was legitimately my experience in DS1. Obviously not 100% but in general invaders would attempt an honour duel with you first and would only resort to cheese/using mobs if the host or his summons turned it down. When I was a noob I had a lot of invaders try to teach me how to PVP even by making my mistakes apparent (like parrying obvious attacks again and again but not following it up with a crit/kill, for example.)

also this. PVP in DS1 was so fun because invaders would often try to make the encounter a meme (like RPing as a silver knight with the giants bow lmao, I remember that.)

I don't summon, I just like to help out hosts who are struggling with the game (I'm the summon.) If the host is just sitting at the boss door waiting for the invader instead of entering I will send myself fucking home, I don't play that shit. I'm there to help him clear the area and thats it. That said I have seen the invisible sorcery glitch used by invaders 4 separate times today, so there's a lot of dishonorable activity on both ends.

I got DS1 2 months after release. Been here for a decade faggot.

What I don't understand is how phantoms are the biggest fucking pussies this time around. I remember being summoned in DS1 and just charging head first against invaders, like I've got nothing to lose here. Yet I see phantoms sitting here holding the hosts hand every step of the way. Fucking gay.

Honorabu faggotry was the absolute worst part of Invaders in 1 or 2.

Save that shit for duels. You invaded my world, I’m coming at you with everything I’ve got, if you want to “play fair” that’s fine, but I’m gonna chug, I’m going to cast, and if you run I’m going to use a Seed of the Giants.

You can't get any more cutthroat than disconnecting on an invader. It tears them to the core and its a non-issue for you.

I've used the tongue a few times, but depending on your level and area it just takes too long. the thing that sucks is invading is the quickest way to find someone to fight, that's mainly the reason I do it.

Invaders have such an insanely huge advantage that 1v1 is ridiculous to imagine the invader losing (unless he’s retarded), 2v1 is more balanced and 3v1 is about right for an actually fair fight.

It started that way, but now people do it just to fuck with invaders.

>its just stats
and this is just an rpg nigga

>complaining about invaders in Elden ring
holy shit lmao

"no"
they will get carried and have a blast being carried and they will d/c on you when you invade them.
This is the future you chose.

The invaders have become mad dogs that need to be put down. No one wants to go near the faggot with the rivers of blood in his twinked gear.
It happens both ways but invaders like to imply only hosts are twinking.

Red signs are for honorable duels.
Invasions are for dicking hosts.
Gank squads sitting on their summon pools are the real cancer.

>This is the future you chose.
Bingo. Dung Eater is proof.

>gank squads already turning the tide by ds3
>they are going full on rape of nanking on the invaders in elden ring
kek imagine letting a bunch of casual fuckers putzing around casually dominate you at what you are supposed to be good at.

Nobody cares about rune arcs. If they pussy out, that’s a win all the same. The only thing I care about is wasting the other player’s time, and ruining their experience.

invaders need to twink this time around just to stand a chance against the 3 faggots using shit they wouldnt have found without watching youtube videos

I love this system because it completely flips the script. The tryhards get in and get their asshole stomped in and inverted by me and my two friends just trying to casually bro down. It is hilarious. The only time they ever win is if the shitty ER networking fucks up.

Here's the thing though, they were twinking before they knew that. Invaders are and always have been utter scum.

Only if you're taking average skill levels into account, because most hosts and summons are literal retards who have barely figured out how to hold the controller because they've never actually played the game or done pvp without being at a massive advantage.
With equally skilled players you should almost literally never lose a 3v1, as in less than 1 in 100 invasions, and a 2v1 is only balanced if they're willing to engage the pve at the same time, and the pve is actually threatening, which is pretty uncommon.
Seriously, if the side with 3 loses against the 1 guy in anything even remotely resembling a fight they got outplayed by a factor of 10.

lmao this. I used to go easy on invaders as a summon but they're so deranged these days that not only will I gangbang them but I will tea bag them too and point down every time. Full on 95% of them are using the most broken shit the game can offer, or glitches, get the absolute fuck out of here.

based.

And when the invader thinks he's "wasting your time" you and your boys are just laughing like its a night on the town, as the invader seethes.
Its great.

the dumbest thing about gank squads is there is the least amount of fun involved, you have to be a child to enjoy that. an invader came to kill you, but it's 2-3 v 1 and you have more flasks, wow. good job killing that invader. dying as an invader means fuck all, you just drop your runes where you died, which most of the time you don't care for. as an invader you have the fun of hunting someone down in their own world, teaming up with the game's enemies, making them lose progress. you play as the villain. go ahead, kill me, I don't care. I have my fun trying to kill the host when the odds are against me. but imagine spending hours just killing people who have no chance of killing you.

I'll shit on an invader any day of the week but all of them are using the carian retaliation glitch.
I hear the bell, I disconnect. Simple as.

>And then when they only get a few thousand souls an hour
Did the afk invasion thing, getting to a place inaccessible without Torrent before popping the taunters tongue and I got something like 800k in 20 minutes. Literally not fun, because I know id out level everything in one evening. Haven't done it since

Hanging out with your friends is always fun user. You being the object of our fun is just happenstance, don't take it personally.

blame the community, try invading in the swamps near the carian school and it's all gank squads and afk farmers. for the dudes just playing though the level they deserve a fair fight, but most of the time it's dudes and their buddies waiting to kill invaders and not doing shit. so instead of giving people a fair shake most invaders just go tryhard now

when it's obvious the dude is just playing through the level and is desperate to live, I feel really bad and sometimes make it known I'm sparing them. gank squads can die at all costs though, I won't stop my dash towards them if they do some gay emote.

>but imagine spending hours just killing people who have no chance of killing you.
This is rich coming from a guy who probably wants to invade a regular newb player using a Longsword and shield while he's invading with a minmaxed build and Rivers.