Will vanilla minecraft ever be playable? What would they need to add for you to not use mods?

Will vanilla minecraft ever be playable? What would they need to add for you to not use mods?

Attached: images (55).jpg (739x415, 50.64K)

It was playable back before Beta 1.8. Since then they've done nothing but continually fuck the game.

Just bite the bullet and play modded, there's even mods that backtrack modern minecraft features into older versions
/thread

I'm on console

lol

Never, devs are lazy as fuck

>What would they need to add for you to not use mods?
they need to add what everyone's been adding since Beta
ie: Buildcraft and Industrialcraft
they're both such common and popular mods at this point that people usually wont even consider a modpack unless those 2 mods are in it
also Minecolonies or Millenaire style villages, not the dogshit useless vanilla ones with Testificates in them

my condolences for your loss

They literally have infinite money, they could do so much with the game

This plus a new dimension, most likely the Aether

Were Notch and his friends in special ed class? How is it possible for these fags to be so slow with the most basic shit?

Jens has his little game design bible that slows down the dev process

More intricate building, I guess? They'd added a lot of decoration blocks but I still can't put slabs sideways.
Back when I actually sat down to play minecraft using that skyfactory pack the most fun I had was when I was just jacking off making a custom fence with that chisel mod.
Otherwise the only time I open minecraft is to play multiplayer pixelmon

When did minecraft peak? What version had everything it needed before they started tacking things on or it turned into whatever it is today?

Attached: Creepers.jpg (1280x720, 88.75K)

>give person loads of money up front
>they relax and barely do any work
Many such cases, don't buy games in Beta/Early Access.

Some say it peaked right before beta 1.8, some say it peaked at 1.7.10, others may say it peaked at 1.12.2.

Everything that mods add and could conceivably add. Vanilla additions are only worthwhile so long as they facilitate new kinds of modded content, the actual changes are usually mediocre to shit.
The cave/terrain generation changes were the first good changes in eons but all they really did was move vanilla up to the standard that mods already set, and I'm certain if you give it enough time modded generators using the new features will completely obliterate vanilla again.

for me, it's gregtech

less focus on creative mode decor shit and more focus on improving the game's mechanics
also optimize the game jfc, 1.12 modded runs better than 1.18 vanilla
1.12 has the best modding scene and was before the petty modloader wars started, and the mod selection was full of unique and interesting mods instead of the same vanilla-styled shit over and over again

Attached: banner.png (1700x715, 727.05K)

>Buildcraft
>Industrialcraft
>After 2018
What? Those mods are hilariously out of date at this point, and there's much better mods for the same shit out there.

Vanilla is good as a baseline for mods and adding features that can be repurposed for mods. Adding in Y axis based biomes is going to make cave mods so much better, as well as mobs that use stuff like echolocation using the warden's ai. I'd say the same about Bethesda games. They're fine vanilla but they're truly great when they're used for mods

Its jeb's fault for being a retard trying to appeal to children instead of autistic manchildren like us

what is a good mod pack to play thats remotely up to date?

>Up to date
Good one!

for me the last good update what when they added the jungle biome waaaay back in like 2012/2013.

What would you do in vanilla mc? Build a cobblestone castle with chests full of coal?

they're too scared to add big, complicated features because "what if it scares the kids away," not realizing that kids would love it

Notchless mojang has been a disaster
the devs fail to understand what makes a game fun

For me? It's 1.12.2 with Idō. I'm NEVER changing.

Have you seen modern building techniques? Shits advanced beyond just cobblestone brick castles user

Attached: ui.png (1334x749, 917.52K)

Optimize it so it doesn’t devour my fucking CPU

looks like shit to anyone who has eyes

Welcome to the wild update! Our new features include:
1 new mob (that does nothing)
A tree
a feature that was supposed to be added one year ago
And bricks but orange

Proper tech and automation

uh huh

Attached: FHZXN8DVcAURc7e.jpg (4096x2267, 1.63M)

HEY GUYS COME VOTE FOR OUR NEW UPDATE
UHHH ACTUALLY WE’RE PUSHING IT BACK A YEAR
HERE IT IS BUT THAT THING WE PROMISED WE CUT IT
LOOK FOR IT IN THE NEXT UPDATE
WE’LL WORK ON THAT NEW FEATURE YOU VOTED FOR TWO YEARS AGO TOO BUT FIRST BE SURE TO VOTE FOR MORE SHIT WE WON’T ADD FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS

Based Hermit user

>Friends all get into molded minecraft
>"Come play with us user!"
>tfw my craptop can't run the mod list

Attached: 1648148721926.jpg (364x408, 14.87K)

Some of them are truly world class entertainers aren't they? My kid started watching and I'm not ashamed to admit that I genuinely enjoy it

Fucking love watching that disabled chad.

most mods suck

Fucking I hate minecraft, but there are alot of minecraft youtubers I love watching. Its such a fucking mixed bag, minecraft youtubers are ether top tier or top shit.

Literally a backpack and any form of real multiblock structures other than fucking beacons
>b-buh we added sackks that can hold one stack of items :))) it FIXeds?? Now YOU can HOLD those 5 stairs and 2 DOOORs??? That WAS the problem??
Literally nobody's problem with player inventory management has been odds and ends with part building, the issue is you spend 15 seconds underground and you have literally an entire inventory full of fucking Stone, and stone adjacent items, and NO jeb a basic fucking backpack item/block shouldn't be a fucking END GAME ITEM.
And while we're on the topic
>GRANITE
>DIORITE
>ANDESITE
>STILL NOT INTERCHANGEABLY USABLE AS COBBLE STONE
And finally. Tinker Smelteries have existed for HOW many years now? And actually encourage you to make a real base instead of just shitting out a crafting table and a furnace. I know the answer is jeb NOOO YOU CAN ONLY INTERACT WITH ONE BLOCK AT A TIME REEEE autism but this shit should have been in the game years ago.
Oh
And hunger is fucking retarded, if you want to make basic health regeneration take so fucking long, remove potion drinking times.
>b-buh how will you die to our COOOOL new boss if you can actually heal at any time???
Fuck off retard

Attached: 6d7921f63b0facdd93613cc4f69469821f6bf1ff23f6a9286a1b9277d09fb969.png (263x250, 3.06K)

imo passive health regen shouldn’t exist in the first place and you can only get your health back through potions and apples
But brewing then could be expanded on and made easier in the early game

>you spend 15 seconds underground and you have literally an entire inventory full of fucking Stone, and stone adjacent items
this right here as well as useless rotten flesh from zombie spam is why dank storage is a top tier mod

Mystcraft mod integrated into the game.

Mystcraft lets players generate other dimensions while providing controls to tweak their attributes and appearance.

>molded

Attached: 1649557284289.jpg (333x355, 31.07K)

literally just make a lava trash can in your base you tards

If we're going to have the passive food based health replenishing, health potions should provide immediate healing.
>But muh pvp
Just ban potions. You retards already play with old spam click combat.

thing is food based health regen is op imo
making health regen only possible through potions and apples makes encounters much more dangerous and makes higher level equipment more important and this incentivizing more exploration and mining

The plugins everyone uses:
Multiplayer sleep
Rotten flesh to leather
Mobs/player heads

No. They have made it clear that they do not care about making it enjoyable or engaging in any way. They market it primarily as a creativity tool for children.
Install mods to make it a playable game.
Or go play Vintage Story for something actually good.

>the fucking snail pace regen that immediately fails after getting hit twice is overpowered

not snails pace if you have food on hand tard

ok zoomie
dont you have another tree-twerking "right click the sand thru the sieve 400 times" mod to go back to sinking 4000 hours into?

>Talking about player inventory management
>Make a trash can in your base >:(
retard

>and NO jeb a basic fucking backpack item/block shouldn't be a fucking END GAME ITEM.
They will never meaningfully change early game content as it is considered sacred. They will only add additional end game content or pointless bullshit.

>>Play the older version of survival to the point of equilibrium as far as farming.
>>Building projects become so large that the grind for resources is what ultimately turned me off to the game
>>Friend wants me to play a mod with him to get me interested in mine craft again
>>It's got new machines, and ROCKETS, and you go to the moon
>>Its an insane grind fest even with 3 people.

I'm good.

Attached: Piak.jpg (400x300, 16.32K)

I got the opposite
>Friends start a new Minecraft server
>They just build a small house and then go mine for resources.
>They go to nether and do few farms.
>They go kill the End and kill the dragon
>I still haven't finished my castle or whatever
>We stop playing for few months until we start a new server.

or just play and enjoy having fun building cool shit and exploring caves while my quarry and machines automatically farm everything for me

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 11.76K)

Needs more bosses

Attached: 2775728.jpg (1200x800, 84.79K)