>1991
>Immediate superstar
>Popularity briefly surpasses Mario
>25 years later
>Is the laughing stock of the internet
6 years later
>Second movie is breaking records and Sonic is once again a pop culture phenomenon, possibly even more than before

How did this happen?

Attached: sonic-2-box-office.jpg (640x360, 42.03K)

Sonic is good when Sonic Team isn't involved.

Because Sonic's relevance as a video game franchise is fast fading and Sega is doing nothing to stop the bleeding other than produce more Sonic mediocrity.

shill thread.

Attached: segACK.png (921x550, 1.07M)

Funny bc Sonic 2 is bad

No one likes The Dark Brotherhood.

>Producer: Tyson Hesse

This motherfucker is about to be a millionaire.

Attached: IMG_20220409_195344.jpg (215x699, 115.47K)

One of these things is not like the other...

Incredible rise to power.

Attached: sonic_mania_adventures_5-1200x675.jpg (1200x675, 99.64K)

>JIM
>CARRY

Pretty much this

Fans saved the franchise

>best rated one wasn't made by sonic team

Attached: really makes you think.jpg (480x360, 16.62K)

Sonic is the reason i didnt suicide.

I was in a really bad place a few years back. Then Sonic Mania was announced. I did try to kill myself, but luckily i didnt succeed.

God bless Taxman and Stealth, god bless Sega, god bless Sonic

Here's hoping that Sega outsources everything to whitehead once Frontiers inevitably bombs

1991-1994: Sonic had consistently good games, was a real console seller and was well promoted brand. Sega is on top of the world and was managing a good thing well.
after that, Sonic gets a bunch of games that are occasionally half-decent but mostly just unreasonably flawed, there's no sense of direction with the franchise, every problem the games have is completely ignored by Sega and they keep rushing them out the door anyway because Sonic is still a gigantic megabrand and the fact that 06 sold as much as it did is a testament to the fact that people will buy ANYTHING if it has Sonic's name on it

so if the movies are even half decent (I thought the first Sonic movie just wasn't terribly good, although I did like his design in it), people will absolutely lap it up because Sonic never stopped being this megabrand that people still think of right up there next to Mario

My philosophy is Kill the world, not yourself.

Attached: Screenshot (29).png (1440x900, 237.72K)

>Kids movie is saving the franchise
No

Wrong

the franchise is for kids. why would a kids movie not save a kids franchise?

Meanwhile people outhere on Yea Forums sucking Kirby when he has same scores lmao

Attached: Games Meta.png (1580x1870, 1.73M)

Scores don't mean shit

Didn't this guy start from fan comics?

>Autist who drew Sonic shitposts online now driving around in a yacht and snorting blow off hookers all because Hollywood made the worst fucking Sonic model the world has seen and they just chose the first e-celeb who asked

Attached: 1593003947270.png (244x251, 131.77K)

Explain Rise of Lyric then.

>More recognizable than the mouse
>Makes Turning Red flop even more and that had a 175 million budget
This makes Disney seethe.

Attached: E2MAsZSWQAA3s-u.jpg (840x950, 74.47K)

>Sonic is the reason i didnt suicide.
>I was in a really bad place a few years back
>Sonic Mania was announced. I did try to kill myself
>but luckily i didnt succeed.
Sounds like Sonic had very little to do with you not managing to kill yourself.
Did buying the digital edition mean you didn't have enough gas to keep the engine running?

BEST TO WORSE
Mania
Generations
Unleashed
Colours
Shadow
Lost World
Secret Rings
Black Knight
Heroes
Forces
Boom

>Unleashed above Colors
>Colours
Eurofags with shit taste of course.

Attached: 1427346680471.jpg (482x768, 87.23K)

What's the green line meant to signify?
Why is Lost World there twice?

It's almost like they're incompetent fuckwits or something

Unironically this. I became a drug dealer due to how shitty life was in the past. I now have millions in wealth stashed away without working a single day in my life and hundreds of children are junkies thanks to me. Fuck the world.

Honestly I have no idea why I spelled it like that
I'm American

sonic is pitch perfect autism fuel, and autism has skyrocketed since the 90s. simple as

sonic boom got shrekt because they were forced into a wii u exclusivity agreement after starting development for ps4/xbone/pc and had to divert a large chunk of resources towards optimizing it for much lower end hardware.

How long until elements from the movies start bleeding into the games? I still remember the disappointment when they replaced the Adventure 1-2 VA cast with the ones from Sonic X

The movie was just alright, it wasn't groundbreaking or anything, the forced dance and wedding segments were specially bad.
Fights were better than the first movie and Knuckles was really well done.
But it's just a 6/10 or 7/10 movie at best.

Why can't Sega make a good sonic game and why do they continue to make games, the first generation that grew up when Sonic was popular are all adults and have most likely moved on what is the long lasting appeal why do they keep making games?

Shadow is worse than '06.

I do not see the issue

cope nintendie bing bing wahoo movie will fail

It would be a lot better if I didn't have to beat the game 12 times for the true ending.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 21-31-42 Sonic the Hedgehog 2.png (571x222, 18.42K)

Retards cant get enough of live action adaptations for some fucked up reason.

Kinda sad how Sonicfags still try to cling on to this mediocre franchise. Seems like some people never grow up and move on...

Colors Ultimate already had it, so very soon.

Kinda sad how retards like you come into threads, don't add anything, and then leave.

Shouldn't you be sucking off Druckmann or some shit?

Sonic 2 (the movie) is bad. Anyone who says that it isn't bad has shit taste. It's so soulless it hurts. The fact all the furries and pedos bandwagon this movie so hard just ensures the 3rd movie will be sub par as well.

It's 10 times, but yeah your point still stands. Lost Impact is just ungodly.

How did he go from this

Attached: Boxer-Hockey-final-comic-612x1024.jpg (612x1024, 282.04K)

Way better than 06 by a mile

The answer? You're not going to like it. It's going to be very hard to swallow, but it's completely true. It always has been. Sonic is better than Mario.

black knight was the tits
fuck you

Attached: 1608429424524.jpg (635x420, 8.15K)

Nagoshi made this thread.

Mania
Generations
Adventure
Boom
Lost World
Forces
Shadow
Heroes
Black Knight
Secret Rings

Fixed your shit list faggot

Attached: 1647245512168.png (984x762, 1.08M)

hi nagoshi thanks for eternally BTFOing nintendo

WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE

Ken Penders

>Mania at the top
>Colors has a good ranking but is right below Unleashed
>Shadow get a mid tier position because it is not bad as heroes or the outright broken games
Surprisingly good list.

Yep. Goofy little things that made fun of the series' absurdity.

>>Immediate superstar
>>Popularity briefly surpasses Mario

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 for the Genesis was released about a month or two before the launch of the Super Nintendo and Super Mario World. Sonic was released in the US market first, because SOA wanted it out before the launch of the Super Nintendo. Genesis originally came out in 1989. But Sega soft rebooted the system with Sonic 1 and a price point that was $50.00 cheaper than the new SNES. Which worked flawlessly, as Sonic became a instant success.

>>Second movie is breaking records and Sonic is once again a pop culture phenomenon
i dont believe you

>Sonic Heroes only has a 69
That game was the tits

why did sonic attract so many autistic people?

>Blast processing edgy marketing in early 90s
>Sonic Adventure 1 moves Sonic into real world
>Sonic Adventure 2 ups the chunni
>Sonic X

That's all there is to it.

Dunno, Nintendo definitely attracts the most.

I think it's hilarious that the scores looked the same for Godzilla vs Kong. Critics can't handle movies that are just supposed to be fun and everything else is secondary.