When this first poster was released do you think ANYONE could have guessed that this would have been the greatest...

When this first poster was released do you think ANYONE could have guessed that this would have been the greatest videogame movie franchise of all time?

Attached: sonic-movie-poster-high-res[1].png (1687x2500, 3.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=36ASgMTEL_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: FGF14WVX0A0K4L_[1].jpg (3191x1890, 593.66K)

Shill thread.

Nintendo kiddy made this post

Reminder that Sonic 1 would have been a fucking shitshow if there was no backlash to the first trailer, it fucking showed that listening to your audience is necessary but fucking idiot companies literally just try to ignore it and watch as projects flop

Attached: 1622520827797.png (1940x1524, 1.6M)

>the greatest videogame movie franchise of all time?
not really a high bar to reach

>he still believes it wasnt a publicity stunt

No it fucking wasn't. Companies are this retarded.
What is more likely? Company thinks up the most creative marketing stunt in movie history OR
Hollywood fucks up a videogame franchise like always?

It is now.

So who made the 2nd movie?
Same guys who made the first?
It really feels like this one was made by people who are sonic fags and actually did everything they could to make it a love letter

Companies are geuniely retarded. The first movie had protrayed him literally as a space alien and they wanted to protray that. But the audience wanted him to be cute instead, so they made him cuter.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=36ASgMTEL_0 they still fucked up hiding the design change in the final movie. Why doesn't he just take off the gloves?

Attached: EQ4caedXkAAr47C.jpg (1078x1086, 244.22K)

The movie came out yesterday, faggot

Same writers, director and American producers though the Japanese producers are different, my main guess is that Paramount decided to be more hands off this project learning their lesson from the first movie

Attached: blue-hedgehog.jpg (808x954, 76.96K)

Everyone who paid to watch this trash got brainwashed by viral marketing and the whole "I bet it's so bad that it's actually good" mindset.

Attached: Sonic-the-Hedgehog-before-and-after-3857e9e.png (980x654, 238.69K)

Yes, because autists like myself who would blast Sonic's socked feet with seed are guaranteed to go see it.

Attached: d2vnajh-f1912025-dcbc-4e89-a827-97dcec8fd0bc.jpg (800x699, 233.53K)

Again whats the completion, the mortal kombat and resident evil movies because they are the only ones with sequels?

Detective Pikachu is still better

You put seeds in the soil silly, not on feet

They made merchandise of the old design, potentially wasting potentially millions of dollars.

potentially.

Those feet were made for seed.

Attached: d4a2ica-f1d14ee7-621c-4717-9237-70bb05e3da82.jpg (800x800, 309.08K)

Reminder that Tails is very light and you could hold him with one hand

Attached: 1644585665687.png (317x483, 179.93K)

Tails spends most of the movie unconscious.

Second movie was fine but did anyone else get really uncomfortable watching that one scene with the black dude and his buddies dunking on the police guy in volleyball? Like, the black dude was fucking ripped and shirtless and the white guy was completely emasculated and even wearing silly pink shorts. Now i'm not some schizo rightoid who freaks out every time he sees a black person in a movie but this scene genuinely struck me as extremely racially motivated.

Attached: 1054 - 822fa0N.jpg (550x535, 48.87K)

Detective Pikachu was unironically complete dogshit. Every human character had the acting chops of a fucking TeenNick sitcom star ,the CG Pokemon were fuckling creepy as hell like Sonic before the redesign, and Ryan Reynolds literally just playing Ryan Reynolds was boring and unfunny.
The only memorable aspect of that movie was the Ditto twist and that was it.
The Sonic movie isn't amazing either and I will make the same complaint about Jim Carrey just playing Jim Carrey, but at least there was some actual chemistry between the leads and Sonic was at least a little bit endearing.

Tails was completely wasted. From the first minutes on-screen until the end he's either blatantly dumping exposition or unconscious.

>an ancient evil awakens

Attached: 1649531582454.png (1138x1522, 356.68K)

take your pills schizo

If you can't fit all four heads in you're just going to have to bite the pillow, fox boy

The one time I wish for Hollywood to bend someone over and fuck them raw.

Let is that the Archie comic guy?

I bet you think New Coke was a publicity stunt.

Wtf are u guys talking about he had his fair share of screentime, sonic had a good reason not to bring him along to the labyrinth zone because he blamed himself for getting tails hurt and knew he had to go alone so he could recover from getting blasted by missiles idk why people keep saying tails was underused when he pretty much appeared in most scenes and did more at the end what more did you want

It's also weird that the script still acts like he has a terrifying presence with characters screaming when they see him for the first time.

He appeared in plenty of scenes yeah but all he did was dump exposition and/or direct Sonic on where to go because he was the only one who could inform sonic about all the deep lore regarding the master emerald.

Are you saying you wouldn't be a little freaked out to see that thing? It's unlike anything we have in nature.

Tbh even factoring in the severe autism, sonic lore is good enough for movies.
I mean 3&k storytelling is simple yet so effective, and we never had a video game movie epic as 3&k before this adaption.

I think most humans would absolutely lose their shit upon seeing another sapient being, after assuming they were the only intelligent life in the universe

Hahahahahahaha
Tick tick Sonikeks

I still can't believe they had a dance battle to Uptown Funk exactly like one of the Chipmunks sequels. That had to have been a deliberate piss take towards all the Chipmunks comparisons the first movie got from detractors, right?

probably, I remember when the first movie came out there were just fucking mega links to it in every thread and now theres barely any.

I don't really care about the movie but I do want the puma shoes to satisfy my sonic autism but I can't find the fuckers anywhere.

It's not and it never will be, zoomer.

Attached: ayDek1bTQL5bM9SEOlPqekFaFxm.jpg (1000x1500, 312.21K)

I'm just saying that reacting with a scream of terror seems a little more fitting with the initial creepy alien design. It does still work with the final design too just for different reasons.

>The producer of F&F
>That horrendous first Sonic model

so many red flags. i dunno how they pulled off a genuinely decent vidyaflick.

i remember someone way more autistic than me pointed out some scenes where it looked like it was animated with the original design in mind, like one where there was something stuck to his hands he couldn't remove, but the scene didn't make sense because he wears gloves and could just take them off- but the original design' didn't so he couldn't then.

>Yea Forums's brain is so rotted by conspiracy shit they actually think the millions spent to change the design, after the largest public outcry of disgust seen in a film besides Cats, was a publicity stunt cooked up by a cabal of industry Jews and not just Hollywood being retarded like always

Attached: laughing human torch.webm (380x332, 620.89K)

>HOTD and Yakuza movies sucked
>Sonic somehows produces kino

Attached: 1524178256532.gif (387x388, 1.47M)

and here we have a poor soul brainwashed thoroughly by the jews

That's not a poster for mortal kombat user

Anything Sonic ever did, Mario did better. If this statement holds true, does this mean the Mario movie will become the greatest video game film of all time, blowing Sonic's out of relevancy? Or for once in Sonic's life, did he finally beat Mario in something?

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
CLASSIC SONIC'S ROUND BELLY!!!!!!!
I HAVE NO OTHER IMPULSE THAN TO BURY MY FACE THERE AND SMOOCH IT WITH MY LIPS

Zoomers don't know about that movie.

>Mario did better.
Not true at all.

Nintendies are so delusional
Who let the bings out? Who who (Wahoo)
Who let the bings out? Who who (Wahoo)

The first one was genuinely the worst thing I've ever seen in my life and made me stop watching video game movies forever. It killed the genre in a way not even the super mario bros movie managed to.

Worst thing you ever seen in your life? Are you even old enough to be on this website kid?

I see that you realize the gravity of my loathing for this movie.

If you're old enough to post on 4channel.org it should be unwatchable for you. It's just a little kiddy cartoon, maybe it's a good one I don't know

It wasn't that bad. Also I thought the Mario Bros movie and Double Dragon movies were fun, just shouldn't of called them those titles and it would of went a lot better.
I also like the Rampage movie, thought they did a good job for a series about giant monsters wrecking buildings. I doubt zoomers even know of that.
You also have never seen Dead or Alive, that is really bad.

>Sonic's socked feet
Speaking of that, it was so fucking strange how they literally show Sonic's realistic human feet in the first movie, in the scene with the x-ray pics on Robotnik's computer. It was just so surreal to watch in the kinoplex, they definitely knew about the fans who do the autistic feet fetish shit on deviantart so they decided to acknowledge it in the fucking film. Can't decide if its based or not. When are they gonna acknowledge my boy Bartleby next?

What the fuck are you going on about?

Dead or Alive is a bad game so who cares?

Agree to disagree on that.

He thinks that because some characters are animated that instantly means it is only for todlers.

cope mariofag

unironically by actually listening to fan feedback

Well anyone who doesn't like video games would call that guy a manchild.

Tom is pretty ripped too

what is this man's deal?

First movie catered to blacks too.

Yes

Unabashed manchildism; it's what happens to people who were never told "no" their whole life.