Why is he so much harder than every other boss and it's just cheap gimmicky shit with how big he is even my mimic 10...

Why is he so much harder than every other boss and it's just cheap gimmicky shit with how big he is even my mimic 10 has trouble keeping up

Attached: fire_giant.jpg (1596x1905, 487.34K)

Please put the word elden in your title so my filter will pick it up. I liked ER, but you people are obnoxious with these threads.

he's easy on foot and the only good boss in the second half of the game besides rykard

I beat this guy first try with my bro alexander (the iron fist)

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_18730.png (1024x1024, 664.67K)

I beat him 3rd try with a regular longsword, level 100. He was not hard.
Just run underneath him and hit his leg

is this boss the great casul filter of elden ring?

All the big enemies are easy as fuck if you've played monster hunter, I beat him first try with my dumbass +6 bloodhounds fang.

>even fromfags are tired of the blatant shilling
It’s fucking over…………..

all of his attacks are super easy to dodge, don't even need armor/shield/vigor just roll lmao

Probably because you keep summoning your mimic on phase 1 like a retard. Phase 1 is where he can move and AoE the most so no shit your mimic gets bodied when most of his moves can shave your health in half. Use Torrent for Phase 1, break his leg and then mimic for phase 2 since he'll do more close range attacks and his lessened mobility makes it easier for your brain dead mimic to engage him. The only move to watch for in phase 2 is his flame pillar which is easy and his instant fire shot. Everything else is slow.

I beat this guy first try without any trouble. Are people just not using the horse or something? I really don't get it.

Just use your horse retard.

He is the easiest of the last big 5

they get tricked. if you summon alexander for the fight, you can't summon the horse

I beat him and then i uninstalled. Fucking nightmarish experience. Takes 30 minutes to kill, cant see his attacks, and you die in 2 hits. And he keeps rolling away like a bitch when I want to hit him. Fun wasn't their goal with this game.

>2nd Half
>Rykard
BoTW/Skyrim-fag spotted

Attached: 20220319222426_1.jpg (3440x1440, 648.62K)

>Takes 30 minutes to kill
>keeps rolling away like a bitch when I want to hit him
the last boss is that sort of trash too except it flies AND dives underwater to swim away

Attached: elden.png (1600x909, 2.17M)

You will never be a woman. You are a laughingstock. The only people you are really hurting are the only ones that ever cared about you.

Why so underlevelled? Did you keep losing your souls?

You can get to volcano manor by getting killed by an iron maiden at the bottom of raya lucaria, it's not difficult to go kill Rykard from that point since he's a gimmick boss

Shit bossfight.

>Boss has cool design
>Barely see it because you spend the entire fight stabbing him in the ankle

He's just a big fat damage sponge. Most of his attacks are pretty dodgeable, albeit the hitboxes are fucking enormous.

Yes, you also have to go to mountaintops of the giants before you can get to Rykard. That's the second last place in the game.

I always finish the Volcano Manor questline before doing Rykard, which requires you to go to Mountaintop first.

What is even the point of speed killing him? Killing him after you open the snow area is better because you get good gear from the manor quests.

The manor dungeon was a miserable experience I'm glad I was just telephoned to rykard on my second playthtough for finishing the manor quest.

You can get to him via a teleporter at the end of the manor without going to Mountaintop or anything. Tanith's questline just lets you skip the dungeon and go straight to him. I always end up doing both, though.

>Yes, you also have to go to mountaintops of the giants before you can get to Rykard.
No you don't. Why do you think you have to do that?

What dies thus talisman do? Whats its benefit

>filter
just use your eyes lmao

google it you fucking retard

beat him at level 95 by using torrent and slashing his ass/thighs when he lunges forward and spawns the two fire orbs

This is the ONLY safe time to attack. do not attempt anything from the front and dont get close to either flank in case he rolls on you

however, i did die probably at least 50 times from his mouth flamethrower attack where the flames jankily rebound off rocks/trees and kill me

Makes it so that enemies will focus on you even if they're being damaged by summons

He cute

Attached: Screenshot_20220409-140446_Brave.jpg (134x129, 12.49K)

>big boss
>no locked camera
>walk up to legs and a bit behind him
>spear and towershield
>hold l1 and press r1
>???????????

it does basically fucking nothing. essentially, the boss loses aggro on other players faster and goes to attack you. in practice: the host hugs the bosses ass like a retard and because the AI hits whatever attacked it last you wind up never pulling aggro. if you wear it and go into a boss room it'll target you first, but past that co-op plays basically the usual (host has 17 vigor and fucking crumples in one hit)

>Makes it so that enemies will focus on you even if they're being damaged by summons
Thank you for helping me. Im level 220 cheese mage and still can't beat melania. Ill try this today

Lol wait till you find melania

Because he moves when he attacks, and his movement also counts as an attack. Never mind the fact that every movement this retarded boss makes sees it fly across an entire 250 yards and is incredibly common to just roll away from the player at every opportunity

>boss reveals a giant zelda boss weakpoint eye in the 2nd phase
>retards continue slashing at his ankles, dealing chip damage
USE A FUCKING RANGED ATTACK! IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE MAGIC. ONCE I TRIED TO CROSSBOW THE PHASE 2, THE BOSS BECAME FUN

I had no idea it was supposed to be challenging until I saw you fags whine about it.
Phase 1 was a joke, phase 2 was slightly annoying because he kept rolling around some rock but otherwise he was easy. I used maybe 2 flasks for the chip damage from lingering fire.

I'm on ng+ she's way easier

You'll never target his weakpoint because he spews aoe firebreath. It's shitty bait. They weren't trying to make a fun game.

I love this dude

Bro just respec a tad bit to use the Halloween whip with frost and bleed and the regular whip if you don't have the second one with bleed.

I had a mage build and I would whip her phase 1 and phase 2 I'd use swarm. O grinder her helping playing vo op because it became fun.

Game becomes a lot more enjoyable with
Ice Spear
Bloody Slash
Rivers of Blood or any of the ranged weapon arts that can target heads/weakspot if the game allows you to luck on.

Fight is complete fucking cancer with normal weapon range, and that much is true for most larger bosses, as they always outrange you so badly.

>A GIANT SHIELD CRUSHES TO THE GROUND
>do a tiny little roll into it
>survive
Retarded, if you're making giant mobs commit to their attacks being so huge they can only be avoided on a horse

People actually summon even on easy bosses? Fucking lmao, how bad you faggots are

>Invalidates all content.
>More enjoyable

lol ok shazamfag
back to your cuckshed

>attack leg
>then zone him out
you can even use your horse in this fight
he's fun

HIT
HIM
IN
THE
FUCKING
EYE

>using ranged weapons
vagina

First phase he's like any other giant and you slash his feet. Second phase you stand in front of him, bait his attack and hit his hands if you can't hit him in the eye weakspot.

I only had to heal once doing this because I'm a tard and got greedy with attacking.

>i refuse to jump because this is still dark souls

i literally beat him on my second try. jesus christ OP

Daimon???

>Stab him over and over in the ankle as per usual massive boss fashion.
>Actually break his leg.
>Phase 2 is just him going into a rage from the pain
Really felt bad for this guy. Why does Miyazaki love putting giants in his settings just to make them suffer?

Attached: 1649099856590.jpg (1049x597, 613.46K)

obviously bait, but oh well

I present the only difficult boss in this game
>image

Attached: 222.jpg (300x169, 10.34K)

literally just stay off your horse. Bash his ankles in during the first half of the fight, then just rot his asshole and avoid his attacks for the second half.

just for that I'm making more threads

Everyone suffers in Fromsoft games user. Player included.

first phase was cool. Second felt like a clusterfuck because it'd take forever to get to him, even on a horse, and as soon as you get in position to attack him, he rolls away again, rinse and repeat.

As far as "gimmick bosses" I'm kinda disappointed that Rykard was basically written off as gimmick. First time playing through the game I just did the expected thing, picked up the stormruler, and did absolutely nothing but charged L2s standing in place for the entire fight. I don't think I saw a single attack from him in either phase.

The second playthrough I'm doing right now, I actually decided to skip the stormruler and fight him manually, since I'm doing an incantation build and had ranged options. It was actually a lot of fun and it's a surprisingly cool boss. Just a shame most people will never notice because the gimmick renders the entire thing pointless.
IMO they should've removed the stormruler gimmick and tweaked the boss fight to make it more manageable to kill the traditional way. Maybe have the lava pool disappear for periods of time after attacks so that melee-only builds have some openings or something too, or at least make the lava not stagger you.

I can avoid every move of theirs while on horseback, with the exception of the rock shotgun. I've never been able to dodge that if I'm not on foot.