One year and only a single major update?

One year and only a single major update?

Attached: Valheim_2021_logo.jpg (460x212, 39.81K)

21 years and no major updates?

Attached: 44f04bd0-8b64-4958-9bcf-d6048d6dfb31_1.7efb616111ec0b1a8695085e4f20a939.jpg (500x500, 56.08K)

SSX Tricky was perfect and needs no updates.

glad I pirated this instead of purchasing. When you pirate you never lose, even if it's early access and the devs abandon it

Attached: pirate.jpg (1251x1162, 206.47K)

uh, sweetie? there's been two updates: they also let everyone know they bought a horse and clarified that it didn't mean they were planning on working/adding horses to the game any time soon.

Attached: 1647898940730.gif (600x678, 1.2M)

Never trust a sw*de.

It's le epic European work ethic

Was Hearth and Home over a year ago?
It was a pretty complete feeling game when I last played it, and it looks like they're working on the new biome plus adding a crossbow.

>It was a pretty complete feeling game when I last played it
Yeah bro, when I go to the Mistlands and there's nothing in them makes me think how complete the game is.

Never played this before but just found out that it's only 500mb on torrent sites lol wasn't this game all the rage last year?

Are you expecting to croak in 2-3 years? If not, who cares?

it made a lot of noise because it had an excellent foundation. felt like a new minecraft. most were expecting them to at least produce content at a semi-regular rate if not stick to their absolute bullshit first year roadmap. now, not only are they moving at an unbelievably slow rate, they're also walking back their goals for the game and saying that their most recent update that added ONE dungeon type to ONE biome (that previously was unfinished and didn't have one at all) and ONE new enemy, is actually one of their roadmap large content drops (cult of the wolf) and not just finishing up a biome they left blank as a placeholder.

Kinda reminds me when DayZ was in early access

I meant more that it feels like a game you can play start to finish- in this case, beat all five bosses- and not feel like there's an element missing.
I like that they had the sense to rework the food system before they expanded the world. And as I said, they're actively working on it, its not like it's been left to languish.
It's a little over a gig now, but its not a large game file-wise, which is always a good thing. They've done a great job with the art direction for how simplistic the graphics look.

mods add a decent amount of replay value, i especially like the diablo loot mod. the ones that add post-plains content are awful though

>only a single major update?

and endless seethe

It was the most successful purely coop game ever released on steam. They probably took their millions and left.

cool i'll check it out but it's probably gonna be different for single player offline experience. was a little sus because file size is really small and it wasn't indie pixelshit.

even though the devs follow-up has sucked, the base game is still really good. it kind of is pixel shit but it has a nice lighting/shading engine that covers it up and a nice color palette. i played it offline singleplayer, and other than bronze items being overly costly, the experience was a lot of fun and i definitely got my money's worth.

Attached: 19823789123789.png (1824x1026, 2.86M)

>A small team make an early access generic open-world survival game banking on Vikings because that's what's popular at the time.
>It's early access so you never have to commit to actually finishing your project as who says you actually have the ability to finish it.
>Hey might make a few bucks that'd be sweet
>Game becomes top seller and has now sold almost 8 million copies
>Make a fuck ton of cash that you never imagined you'd make in the first 3 days alone.
Yeah, I'd be on my way as well suckers. If I essentially became a millionaire over a weekend and there's no incentive for me to actually finish my work and people want to keep paying anyway.

Attached: you'refuckingjoking.gif (336x252, 1.34M)

I see more seething from people calling this team out for being shit at delivering value
gb2 plebbit you cocksucking faggot

honestly this is a curse, knowing you have the ability to do great things, but suddenly all your motivation is gone

This is a finished game that was sold as such.
This is an '''''''indie'''''''' project that was sold at discount price for discount content that is projected to be updated in the future. The problem is the current development trajectory is pathetic to someone who isn't an idiot. Yet you bring up how almost nothing has changed in this game for the year it has apparently been in development, and the sycophants who follow this crap suck off the devs at every opportunity.

Is it playable in single player?
I played it with a few guys and had fun, but I don't think you can solo the content, as it's not only too hard, but also too grindy

It's doable solo, but vanilla grind is much easier with a group.

Its funny seeing so many people whine and complain about devs who manage to hit the jackpot with a half baked game thus removing the actual need to patch the game up since its already made the big bucks. I would do the same exact thing if I were in their shoes.

bosses' health/damage scale with the number of players and so does the grind. it's not like two people need less mats for the two sets of armor and often needing enough metal for multiple sets means more travelling to find nodes, making it take longer with more players. need less wood/stone for a smaller base that doesn't need to accomodate multiple players and their storage as well.

no need to update perfection, stupid.

lol this guy has never farmed with multiple people stay solo loner loser

Exactly. Work to live not live to work. At a five-person team with essentially 8 million copies sold and after Gaben's tax, they're roughly after taking about 13 million each. Who the fuck wouldn't have run for the hills?

i know you're just autist trolling but i have farmed with multiple people which is exactly why i know it's slower lol. i didn't even mention the stupidly long time smelting takes because you have to put the ore in 10 at a time to make multiple armor sets. or, you could you increase the number of smelters to accomodate the larger number of resources being processed, increasing the grind/space reuqirement/fiddling with camera between multiple smelters. most people also have at least one friend that's a dumb nigger and causes accidents/deaths/losses of mats semi-regularly.

>Its another rent free valheim thread

You fags are precious.

Attached: 1630030390555.png (451x676, 486.2K)

You didn't have to type so many words to tell me you don't understand time efficiency.

Attached: 1647989934893.jpg (318x228, 15.37K)

Doesn't matter, i'm still having fun. Suck it Yea Forums.

>gather twice as fast
>need twice as much
>more efficient
and you didn't have to type so many to tell me that can't into math.

Don't care still got 120 hours of enjoyment out of it

That was a great game.
I’d love to do another coop playthrough once the game got more updates

Meanwhile my roommate has been wanting me to play Icarus and they have weekly updates. It's nuts how different some of these indie devs are

Icarus isn't indie, they're owned by tencent and have like 100 empoyees

I just want SOMETHING in the mistlands and maybe an ending cutscene when you kill Fagluth and honestly it'd be a fine little game

Test

I think this game can be fun and isn't bad for what it is and the price but it's so heavily over rated by my friends and it annoys me to no end cause it's just nothing special

Anyone know why this game causes PCs to overheat like crazy? Doesn't matter how much I fiddled with the settings, it shoots up to 70 degrees Celsius regularly. I can play it like that, there's no actual performance issue, I just wonder why the fuck is this so poorly optimized given how it looks.

It seemed complete desu

works on my machine

it's a fully dynamic open world, you can cut down every tree, destroy every rock and change every terrain. Nothing is pre-baked. This increases performance cost but is well worth it for the gameplay. Also, the game looks great btw
art direction > number of polygons

i dont like terraria but you must apreciate how the devs still put out frequent updates years later of hitting the jackpot with the game

this

what building pieces do you want them to add the most?
for me its curved roof pieces so i can make rounded roofs

>diablo loot mod
can you get some dumb & broken effects or is it just like "this axe does 5% more damage"

The publisher is somewhat bigger name and probably gets all the money.
The devs will be lucky to get a few hundred thousand each in bonuses

I knew full well when I bought it that it would be dead in the water in a few months. I didnt care then and I dont care now
It has; simple and straightforward resource gathering and crafting, a rewarding character progression, fun travel that rewards planning and thinking, beautiful world and art design, very nice ambient and tonesetting music, and an okay roster of enemies, more varied bosses than any fromsoft game, a basic but functional combat, and many other things I cant remember right now that all adds to the perfect comfy mood and atmosphere of this wonderful game. And oh yeah, playing it with friends is also really great.
Best 20 dollars Ive spent in literal years. Doesnt mean its the greatest game ever, but it was worth the money.

It's because the game was actually a competent early access game. It had a lot of content to begin with and used EA as it should be used as opposed to shitty unity asset rehashes.

>AAA studios never have their shit together and either have DLC out in weeks or months later
>Indie game made by 3 people and a horse should be done by now

small studio
please understand

except valheim is way more fun and playable. dayz at launch was 100% broken.

>brooo those 500 hours you spent in this game was wasted because it didn't update!
>you can't have fun in a game that doesn't receive updates brooo
The mind of the zoomer is a strange one.

>no major updates in literally over a year
This shit makes bannerlord look like terraria

>Game releases in february 2021
>First major update Hearth and Home in September
>Second Major update Frost Caves/Wolf Cult in March 2022
>Several bugfix updates and more and more dev transparency as they show us more and more of what they're working on for future updates
WHY GAME DEV NOT MAKE THING FAST FOR MEEEEEEEEE

there's some valheim specific effects like
slow fall, double jump, remove tool bench requirement when building, etc. other generic stuff too like +% damage or +%resistance
there are two sets that add useable skills
Aaaand a dozen or so so unique weapons, like Thor's hammer and something of Odin's.

It's cube world all over again.

>Spend $15 on Early Access game from a Studio of 7 people
>Spurge out when the game isn't updated like Fortnite
Sounds like a you issue for not understanding what you were purchasing.

there's an effect that increases draw speed on bows
also explosive shot is fun as fuck

>THIS IS THE NEW TERRARIA GUYS!!!!

who are you quoting

retards that shilled this FOTM here

>spurge out

Attached: thefaceofautism.png (606x606, 475K)

so no one