"What I want to do is to examine the humanity of the characters in this game...

>"What I want to do is to examine the humanity of the characters in this game. This is not going to be a fantasy world in the traditional Final Fantasy sense. Rather it's based in the world today with all of this world's ugly issues. There's this mainstream tradition of Final Fantasy games and, in Versus I'm trying to propose new vision of how a Final Fantasy game can be. The game's going to be more human than the science-fiction caricature we so often see. It will focus around current world events - in that sense it's darker."

>"The stories from the past entries in the Final Fantasy series are not exactly as I would have done, but that's as it should be because I didn't direct them. My only concern in terms of Versus XIII is that [Final Fantasy] always talks about human emotion and psychologies in a broad way, and I want to go deeper in terms of offering some crude reality in terms of human emotion or human [behavior]. The goal, when a player holds a controller and plays [a role-playing game], is to make them believe in another world – to experience a dream in a fictional world. It will be different in Versus XIII because of the intrusion of the real world, and things that are really happening. There will be less fiction and more reality."

People wanted this in a Final Fantasy game? Versus and Nomura would have been BTFO not only by the Western market but also the Japanese unlike what you weeaboo buttfucks think.

X was peak Final Fantasy. Political plots ruined Final Fantasy.

And yes Tactics was unnecessary fuck you Yasumi Matsuno fuck you Tetsuya Nomura and most of all fuck you Stellafag.

Attached: 47371CFA-48B9-4986-B1E5-031692AE5CFB.jpg (479x302, 8.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/
gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-have-new-characters
ignboards.com/threads/new-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-news.193174481/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tactics isn't about politics.

10 sucks.

Nomura is a retard.

9 is the best ff.

IX is a close second but X had the perfect balance of shounen anime and Hollywood cinema which Final Fantasy is supposed to be.

Not Game of Thrones, not Gundam, and certainly not Death Note.

Jack is the best JRPG protag to ever exist.

>Versus and Nomura would have been BTFO not only by the Western market but also the Japanese unlike what you weeaboo buttfucks think.

whatever you say, Barry

Barry is mega cringe. I'll prove it:

If Tabata kept the Duscae battle system while also adjusting it for the DLC content and integrating it into vanilla XV to make something even better than Royal Edition, it would've been perfect. The third best FF game of all time.

But fuck Yosuke Matsuda.

>If Tabata kept the Duscae battle system

it wouldn't be casual enough, that is why it was scrapped:
novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/

Exactly. I may hate the namefag and Nomura's preference for 'le ebin meaningful emotional complex narratives in a fucking video game' but the battle system didn't have to go. Fuck casuals.

Like Barry. Retard can't go around battles without spamming his potions everywhere.

Nomura lies a lot and never delivers. Where the fuck are his 'destructible environments, cloud movements, huge open areas, etc.' in FF7R? He directed that trash for 5 years and it's just a basic ARPG with hallway design, inconsistent graphics and Midgar being a JPEG. The skybox is a fucking JPEG.

Exactly. At least Tabata could've been more transparent than Nomura wasn't.

But there were Western casuals ruining Kanemori's work and he got fired because it was too hard for them to understand apparently. I'd rather have a gameplay system with a high AF skill ceiling than a bad movie plot that a fashion-obsessed false promises fuck thinks it belongs in a video game.

Here's a 2015 interview with Nomura saying 7R won't have new characters.

gematsu.com/2015/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-have-new-characters

They've been lying about the game as far back as when the first trailer was revealed.

>Where the fuck are his 'destructible environments, cloud movements, huge open areas, etc.' in FF7R?

when was this ever mentioned in 7R pre-release materials?

bring back the bin laden cut

Attached: FFX-binladen.png (1024x832, 94.61K)

how many threads is barry going to make?

I'm not Barry. Read what I wrote in .

What else do you want me to do user? Post the Stellafag writeups?

ignboards.com/threads/new-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-news.193174481/

He promised some of that in Versus but KH3 and FF7R are still designed like PS2 games.

That's so Nomura throwing a private party on KH's 20th anniversary telling the fans that the video with Q&A will be published a few days later.

Exactly. Tabata was at least more transparent than holding all those stupid closed door events.

A shame Square Enix didn't give him even more power.

They needed to give Tabata two AAA flops like Forspoken to finally kill the company.

Yes because Nomura's political science 101 Final Fantasy Ivalice ripoff would have been better than a compelling coming of age story.

>didn't promise it in 7remake
so you lied then.

>political science 101 Final Fantasy Ivalice ripoff would have been better than a compelling coming of age story.
These are both versus.

>He promised some of that in Versus

yeah, in VERSUS. Not 7r, you lying sack of crap

I'm pretty sure Versus was going to be about Nomura's fetish for gays trying to create positive societal change and failing at it. Not a badass motherfucker trying to reclaim his throne and pulling it off with style. Naora saved Noctis.

>Not a badass motherfucker trying to reclaim his throne and pulling it off with style
that was in versus

9 is literally r*ddit

Based Nomura. XVI unironically saved the series by valuing SOVL and PASSION over everything else to the improvment of the overall experience.
Only read the greentext didn’t read the rest.

>X was peak Final Fantasy. Political plots ruined Final Fantasy.
Political plots have always been in Final Fantasy, up to and including 10, you stupid zoomer faggot.

I don't see a problem with this. Nomura's always been good at emotional moments so an entire game about examining emotions sounds perfect for him.

Well if it was, I'm glad there was no 'muh real world events' baggage bogging it down.

Matsuno and Nomura should just take what FFX did but better. You can't express these things adequately in video games, but no they and their butt buddies Hiroshi Takai and Tetsuya Takahashi will never learn.

>implying you can carry fine emotional moments over into video games instead of just extremely well-executed but more simple quests for triumph
What, you're gonna say I should play the Kingdumb Sharts games too?

I'm talking Star Wars prequel level stuff. You saw it in FFXII, you saw it in Xenogears, all the games that stupid namefaggot Stellafag thinks that makes a narrative 100000000x better fuck no.

You learn about those things as you go with Tidus learning about the sacrifices but you never ever EVER put it at the foreground of a game.

I don't know if SoP really qualifies as a JRPG, but he is superior to all JRPG protagonists.

Meant for

Yes.

Attached: Sora.jpg (436x538, 27.58K)

Oh, please.

Your next move is posting the Stellafag writeups then the Tokyo team user or whatever conspiracies. As the zoomies would say that's hella cringe bro.

>FF16 in a Nomura thread

Fuck Yoshi-P and Takai though. Even Vagrant Story was pushing it storywise, just too much for vidya.

They had yo restrain him he would've simply grew too powerful

I don't understand why people have a hard-on for medieval politics in Jap games.

>implying shit taste, chuunibyo, an army of namefag narrative shills and using one medium to do something better executed in another makes you powerful

Because it makes them 'reeelistic!!1!1!1!1!1'.

You don't need that heavily featured in video games. Balance political aspects with the personal. X did it best.

If he actually managed to tell a compelling semi-political story in a video game then yes, that would've made him very powerful.

That fucker doesn't know restraint or subtlety let alone balance.

>reality = politics
Hooolllyy shit, retard. Nomura wanted to be more realistic in depicting human characters responding to in-universe events, not our real-world politics. Get a grip.

Versus doesn't exist now does it ?
Fucking dumbass.

Attached: 1473401295101.png (205x246, 29.31K)

He promised that shit on PS3 hardware. There is no reason not to implement it on PS4, you fucktard.

Did you not read the first greentext quote?

>"What I want to do is to examine the humanity of the characters in this game. This is not going to be a fantasy world in the traditional Final Fantasy sense. Rather it's based in the world today with all of this world's ugly issues. There's this mainstream tradition of Final Fantasy games and, in Versus I'm trying to propose new vision of how a Final Fantasy game can be. The game's going to be more human than the science-fiction caricature we so often see. It will focus around current world events - in that sense it's darker."

>"The stories from the past entries in the Final Fantasy series are not exactly as I would have done, but that's as it should be because I didn't direct them. My only concern in terms of Versus XIII is that [Final Fantasy] always talks about human emotion and psychologies in a broad way, and I want to go deeper in terms of offering some crude reality in terms of human emotion or human [behavior]. The goal, when a player holds a controller and plays [a role-playing game], is to make them believe in another world – to experience a dream in a fictional world. It will be different in Versus XIII because of the intrusion of the real world, and things that are really happening. There will be less fiction and more reality."

What a fucking Gigachad, can’t wait for Nomura to direct Final Fantasy Torment: Versus Disco Elysium XIII/358 Days: Jamrock Boogaloo. Gonna be so fucking kino.

I can think of one.

Attached: 1478780106503.jpg (677x381, 42.38K)

Thank goodness you're being ironic.

xv has all those things nomura claimed would be in the game though.

Nope.
My next move is to play Viewtiful Joe and post on Yea Forums
Cry about it.

The event hasn't even happened and Barry is already coping? So this is the power of the 50 year old chuuni...

Sounds like you're coping because verum rex will be sanitised Disney kiddie shit.

user, like I said, XV Royal Edition would have been the third best Final Fantasy game of all time if they added the first Season Pass DLC and Duscae battle system at launch. Maybe if they made the second Season Pass DLC the first Season Pass it would've surpassed V.

Duscae really made me hope that you could walk into random caves and dungeons and potentially find optional summons, that was one of my biggest disappointments.

Idk what verum rex will be, but I know it's KH stuff which I like anyways and I stopped caring about versus13 a long time ago unlike many in this thread

My biggest problem was the hold o to win combat, but everything else was fantastic.

fpbp, but I rate tactics as the best ff of all.

Yeah the combat sucks and the fact that the world is pretty much completely empty. Or that they turned to invasion into a movie and still had an unfinshied game and had the guts to announce a pre release season pass to fill gaps.

Were you, Mr. Politics Front And Center in Fucking VIDEO GAME STORIES Is Good, looking forward to Versus too?

It's like so many of you actually wanted 'muh real world headlines' Versus after the mess that was XIII.

>Tactics isn't about politics.
>10 sucks.
>Nomura is a retard.
>9 is the best ff.

Attached: 1625336843884.jpg (768x719, 306.84K)

Barry please

>he's going to spend this weekend internally screeching rather than finish the first level of the game he paid full price for
sasuga...

Attached: a single trophy.png (624x241, 64.45K)

Did he ever even get all the trophies for XV?
I've never seen a guy spent literal years on just shitting on anything that was ever brought up in a sentence with XV.
It's been years and he still uses the exact same "arguments" and webms and scremaing, he just changes up his insults and buzzwords to flavor of the month shit. Back then it was always cunt or thundercunt now it's cope, seethe, trannie.