I MUST MAKE A CONDENSED, SPACE-EFFICIENT FACTORY

>I MUST MAKE A CONDENSED, SPACE-EFFICIENT FACTORY

But dude, map in this game is infi-

>I MUST

Attached: Orqt3uEqe3ngpXGfFArh80FvQxXblc09g3UWB2Q2eBI.jpg (2556x1374, 824.49K)

It looks nicer

less space=less perimeter to defend

>game that appeals to autists is played autistically
who woulda guessed

Can a brainlet get into this game and create some complex, efficient factories?

No. Play Satisfactory if you want a more casual version. Still have to do math and rebuild your base to make it more efficient, but the skill floor is lower

I play exclusively with biters off

The best places to defend are the land bridges between bodies of water. At some point in expansion this will be more than sufficient to space things out. Of course, starting bases don't have this luxury usually.

Play DSP, build big and ignore efficiency.

less area to defend
less area to traverse
less resources needed to construct

>Factorio
>skill
lol. I bet you think Zachatronics games are for "smart" people too and not 99 - 101 IQ midwits

Unless you are playing on some extreme autistic conditions, I don't see why you have to build that way. Favor scalability over autistic ratio.

Attached: kysfag.jpg (279x276, 35.91K)

>seething room temperature IQ nigger upset people more intelligent than him exist, tries to downplay it
Many such cases!

Compact factory is kino, mega factory always look copy pasted and soulless.

You don't have to math shit. Just leave space for expansion and connect stuff when needed

actual retard
based
this game has issues you gotta overcome, things like having to do complicated conveyor sorters just to make one side turn left, it's kinda annoying

satisfactory is basically factorio in 3D but scaled down a bit but without the flexibility of things like blueprints

agreed, the best map to play are islands that you have to connect with logistic and biter problems along the way. pic related is a pretty cool map seed i found with default rail world settings. everything early is accessible by foot, but in order to expand and get more resources you have to supply and defend depots across water. purposefully limiting your building space but allowing you to build further from each other is the way to go

Attached: 742632423.jpg (1920x1080, 410.83K)

i can't even get past green science without cheating lads
am i just retarded?

Attached: 1587335241159.png (1079x1097, 798.17K)

nothing in your picture is efficient, efficient bases are way more spaced out that this noob spaghetti everyone defaults to at first
also when you're making some really huge stuff it's better to not spread too thin just for performance reasons, less chunks to update equals more ups.

luv me trains
simple as

Strategy games are in a real mess right now. The most popular are either for autists like Factorio, for niggers who only care about flashiness like Total War or for soys who play Barbie simulators like CK2.

just do some quick math user. figure out how materials you need to achieve a steady production of something, in this case green science. if you want to make 20 green science per minute for example, how many inserters and belts do you also need per minute? that determines how much assemblers you need. you dont have to calculate your iron/copper, just always overproduce on them and dont make it your bottleneck. also, dont be bothered to make ultra autistic neat factories. once you figure out your ratios just plop them down for now and find a way to have lines for input and output

sure when you get some core concepts down and establish guidelines to follow it's really not that hard.
honestly never got that, satisfactory seems way harder with 3 dimensional building and way less efficient ui/placement systems. I wouldn't say it's easier. making a basic bus in Factorio with some branches and getting the rocket out is way more accessible than satisfactory endgame I'd say.

BASED

Attached: fact0.jpg (1615x917, 320.76K)

is there anything better than krastorio
bit tired of it

Attached: FPpTlMkVkAIrbop.jpg (828x1030, 63.44K)

Bobs probably but im too much of a pussy to even try it

This can't possibly work well. How does it not clog at some point?

i'm sure the screenshot was taken purely to demonstrate the concept of a sushi train considering the perfect spacing on the poles and inserters

I like Space Exploration more than it

Attached: 1552508681043.jpg (1280x1024, 453.32K)

circuits. keeps a count of items on the belt, only adding a item to it when needed

Sushi belts are easier to do in Satisfactory

Attached: Screenshot20211222-02071600000.jpg (2560x1440, 983.32K)

Attached: fact11.png (786x508, 923.84K)

what are the circuits for? are they for spacing stuff out, like once it reads a certain object pass then an inserter can put another one in?

Only thing I autstically go for is modularity.
If I need to expand, I expand by adding another block of X.
If I need to expand BIG, I expand by adding another half of the base. And it all connects and werks.

>play factorio
>quickly enter von neumann mode and consume everything and expand until i kinda shake off and look at what i did
>play satisfactory
>do the same just manually because no drones
help

Satisfactory is way more fun

Space Exploration is fucking incredible.

dummies thinking they're clever because they can do elementary school math lol

Lads I'm at the yellow science pack, how the fuck do I use logic networks?

Attached: 1553989836524.jpg (500x522, 19.37K)

10% of the logic functions will do 90% of the functionality. Check your factory for conditions, specially stuff which you have been doing manually.
Then you try to automate that with circuits. Most cases will simply be a pump or inster that reads from storage.
One thing that you can do quickly and easily, to learn the ropes, is to set up an alarm for something which you have been moving manually.

>Check your factory for conditions, specially stuff which you have been doing manually.
What if I don't do anything manually and just flood the input with resources so there's never a shortage or a stoppage there.
Like why the fuck should I be efficient,the map is infinite and I like to expand.

same, it's just annoying

u don't

>the map is infinite
>constantly expand, don't wait until you run out of stuff
This is all you need to know about the game to succeed.

I would expand anyway, it's what I do in such games.
I plan ahead and have lanes ready to haul raw resources into the heart of my sprawl which was already stripped bare.
On one hand it's a shame the world is infinite because I won't be able to see it completely covered by my factory, but on the other it ensures I cannot run out of areas to consume.

Attached: 1.jpg (728x1097, 133.12K)

Attached: 1634450931212.png (840x1250, 465.7K)

From what I understand, Krastorio overhauls the whole game from the start while space exploration leaves early game untouched and adds late game tech?

you didnt beat the game

the game has an ending?

I haven't touched the game since I got purple science, I can't for the life of me figure out a way to make a decent line for it. Should I just cave in and get a blueprint online?

Did you pirate the game? That's such an outdated version.

Wait so you have to be efficient with infinite resources?

I already knew this game is a steaming pile of garbage, but jeez. There isn't even a mode where it's actually a challenge?

You just make a line from raw to furnace/tracks/module and scale it up depending on how many assemblers running purple science you want.
Is this approach optimal? Fuck no. But it's a start, you fine tune it from there, check where you're overproducing something to reroute it and so on.

Resources are locally finite, globally infinite. You end up with an enormous sprawl sooner or later but it still requires some train networks to work seamlessly.

Short answer: You need a metric fuck ton more red circuits, and therefore a metric fuck ton more green circuits. Purple science is about where that becomes a huge problem that never stops.

Long answer: Try to bring in more raw ingredients, because at least half the time, your problem boils down to that. The rest will be how efficiently you can distribute it. You need a lot of Iron, but eventually that falls off slightly, and copper comes back with a vengeance and you can't get enough of it because of copper wires in circuits. Have a decent number of plastic chemical plants. Probably like 10. You will never have enough red circuits. They're pretty much the final boss of Factorio if there was one. If this is your first playthrough, don't get frustrated because it happens to nearly everyone. I had to start over twice before my playthrough where I beat the game because I was too lazy to remake large parts of my base. You'll still be able to beat it no matter what but it will take longer. Try to make a separate factory dedicated solely to amassing green circuits and by extension red circuits. Blueprints are cheating imo.

Easiest way is to basically dedicate entire fields of iron and copper solely to electronics, yeah.

Does krastorio still have those end game assemblers/furnaces that are like 6 times the size but 20 times the speed? That should would rub my autism so hard because I had to make so much room for shit.

I do a load of red and green circuits and plenty of space reserved around it if I do end up needing more, so that isn't the issue. My problem is that I have no idea how to make a neat area to make purple since it requires so much shit that it ends up as sketti.

Dunno if you'll see this but roboports are where robots charge so they can keep moving, or where they rest when not in use. The giant green box when you hover your clicker over a robo port is the area distance that construction bots can go. The smaller orange box is for logistics robots. You need a lot of roboports to cover your base if you're going to use logistics robots, but only a few if you only use construction robots. Red chests are provider chests. An assembler making shit will put stuff in there. The blue chests are requester chests. You click on them and specify what items robots should bring to that blue chest. They will grab that item from any red or yellow chests. Yellow chests are storage chests. Just make like 12 of them in a cluster and call it a day. That's where robots dump random shit from your character auto trash inventory. You can set what items you want automatically removed from your person by logistics robots, and you can set what items and in what quantity you want robots to keep your person stocked with. So there's the personal logistics, but you can also further make a logistic network that gradually replaces the need for many conveyor belts, because robots fly items all over the place. At least do personal logistics, it saves you a lot of time and tedium by stocking your character with stuff, and it doesn't take long to set up. Making your base about robots actually takes quite a bit of effort. It may seems intimidating but you'll get it. Its damn cool. Oh the green and purple chest just don't mess with them. They're highly niche and not all that important. There are other things you can do also. You can carry around a personal roboport for construction bots that will make stuff from blueprints. This is good for making frequently used setups like smelting lines or whatever. They can also delete everything in a box with deconstruction planner. Then there's the upgrade planner, good for upgrading conveyors n stuff.

Yes. The game literally (literally) says what you need to do, what you need to connect to what and with which types of connection. If you cannot follow "Connect a to b" you are probably mentally challenged.