This man singlehandedly turned Xbox from a meme system in 2013 to the best console on the market

This man singlehandedly turned Xbox from a meme system in 2013 to the best console on the market.

Thank you, Phil Spencer...

Attached: philspencer2.0.jpg (1400x1400, 199.24K)

What games do they have?

I'm a fan of xbox franchises like Halo, fable, kotor, forza etc and also the xbox and xbox 360 and I think they're doing some cool things now like the backwards compatibility stuff and pushing for cross play gaming but regardless of all that I'm still confused how they're so inconsistent in the last decade with exclusive releases. Not only are exclusive games very sparse but there are basically no AAA 3rd party exclusives on xbox one/series (when og xbox and 360 had tons) but also the few that have released have been a complete mixed bag. You get brilliant games like horizon 5 but then completely broken and unfinished games like Halo infinite. Just doesn't make sense to me when pretty much every other major publisher in the industry from Nintendo to EA have more consistency.

Attached: 1649486893080.jpg (900x900, 62.5K)

Stop simping over a guy net worth is $100 million

>there are basically no AAA 3rd party exclusives on xbox one/series
nigga they made the best exclusive game that has come out in the past 10 years

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 108.72K)

>available on PC
>exclusive

Attached: 1648456206688.png (1000x871, 407.9K)

Since Sony’s fucking up royally with the PS5, I’m thinking about getting an Series X for this gen, but there are still too few exclusives for me. What happened to the dozens of studios MS bought? They should be drowning in exclusives by now.
>Just buy a PC hurr durr
I’d love to, but I have sex :(

That's not a 3rd party exclusives that's a MS IP. I'm talking about exclusives like xbox used to have from 3rd parties like kotor, mass effect, gears of war (before MS bought the IP), jet set radio future, shenmue 2, ninja gaiden games, lost Odyssey etc. Sony has a bunch of these like Nioh and persona

>could easily just hold Rare at gunpoint and force them to make a proper sequel to Banjo
>don't because fuck it

Just because they bought a studio it doesn't mean it can make a good game right away. The main problem is that Microsoft botched the Xbox One reveal so much they stopped making games for a whole generation. Xbox One was set up with more exclusives than the PS4 for a long time. But when the console crashed the company didn't know what to do. The little studio capacity they had either left or was closed down. Third parties were afraid to invest into Xbox when PS4 beat it to a pulp by every metric. It may pay off in the long run but Phil definitely took his sweet time to rebuild the brand. Xbox gave up the One and has serious troubles integrating the new studios into their company structure. Compared to this Sony and Nintendo became extremely proficient in making the few games they concentrate on for decades.

Sea of Thieves is one of the most successful and fun games on Xbox and prints a shit ton of money.

Nobody cares about your bing bing wahoo.

It's a shame Xbox games are on pc now but everything else is so great that I almost don't mind. The Series X is my favorite console of all time, not joking at all. I fucking love playing games like Gears 3 and Fable Anniversary with FPS boost, I can still play tons of the great past exclusives Iike Lost Odyssey and even fucking Otogi 1 and 2. There's now more Jap games releasing on Xbox than ever before (never in my life did I think Melty Blood would get an Xbox release), it's all so good.

I agree but I think Satya Nadella was the brain

Contraband is confirmed exclusive and thats by the Just Cause devs

>It's a shame Xbox games are on pc now
No it's not
nobody cares except snoys

the shilling campaign is real and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Then Xbox won't be getting sny exclusives in your eyes. They've stated again and again that almost all of their future games will be coming to PC also, and why wouldn't they, the market is huge and is 99% owned by Microsoft.

Just bought a Series S for my father so we can play together (we live in different countries).

The last time we played video games together was on the ps1 mostly formula 1, football and tekken.

What are some good dadcore games for someone who hasn't touched a video game for the last 20 years?

The studios they bought were all in the middle of making games and already had deals in place
Obsidian - Outer Worlds released after acquisition, had a multiplat publishing deal with Private Division
Inxile - Wasteland 3 released after acquisition, had a multiplat publishing deal with some company
Double Fine - Psychonauts 2 released after acquisition, multiplat because of crowdfunding promises
Arkane - Deathloop released after acquisition, not even on Xbox yet because of a prior Sony deal
Tango - Ghostwire released after acquisition, not on Xbox either

It's not like the studios they bought have been sitting on their asses doing nothing, it's just unfortunate timing with the old contracts

Having Xbox games on pc means that there's a higher chance people go with a gaming pc over Xbox. It also makes the pcfag niggers uppity, don't even act like you've never seen a pcnigger say "Xbox is pointless, all the exclusives are on my pc" those fags can fuck off. I have no issues with Sonyfags or Tendies, it's literally just pcniggers that act like obnoxious cult members

yeah, man. gamepass with no good games, bad emulation of old games woooooo

>The Series X is my favorite console of all time, not joking at all.
mine too

>best console design (this thing will never overheat in vertical position)
>quick resume feature that no other consoles have where you can swap and pickup where you left off as much as you want
>best gaming controller with an optional pro upgrade model
>Netflix of video games at your fingertips, with cloud gaming also available

oh nonono snoysisters....first they take our studious, then our games, then our factories, and now theyre taking our threads. when will we stop losing?

SIR DO NOT REDDEEEEEM

Yea all one guy. I'm sure the billions Microsoft has spent had nothing to do with it.

>multiplayer

Wheres the single player stuff. People have been begging for Microsoft to commission and new ninja gaiden for years and even phil spencer said he sees the requests like 5 years ago but hasn't done anything about it. Back in the day Microsoft partnered with some of the biggest studios like bioware and epic for blockbuster exclusive games. Even remedy as well if you consider them big. Nowadays there's nothing.

PC is also Microsoft platform, user

Attached: 91a146e88943687ed538c79469b1224d.jpg (600x750, 67.22K)

>I'm a xbox fan
>I think they're doing some cool things
>Complains games from PC come to console
What kind of retarded are you, my Xbox "fan" friend?

That PC post isn't mine

On Game Pass? A lot.

I know it's probably a 'me' thing, but I can't get into the mindset of enjoying myself as a PC gamer much. I work from my PC, and I work from home. I'm sure it's basically a placebo, or whatever you wanna call it, but even though literally 99% of Xbox stuff is on PC, I like getting away from it, and just gaming on my own terms.

Also, I have vague anxiety of something ever happening to my computer, which would probably completely fuck over my life.

who's your daddy

Yea, which is why they should keep their games on the Windows store and not put them on Steam, a literal rival platform. MS (and even Sony now) are basically strengthening Steam while making their platforms less enticing. That's retarded

I unironically am wondering if Microsoft is doing some 5D chess stuff. They basically have repeatedly just said "fuck you" to the concept of exclusivity in every way possible. Almost total compatibility between Xbox and PC gaming. Games like Minecraft on other consoles. Characters like Banjo in Smash. Microsoft exclusives on Steam. It's ridiculously good and helpful to people just wanting to play and enjoy games.

Oh, and also Banjo on Nintendo's online service. It's like they're looking at things in a very macro sense, where it's less about individual console ecosystems, and more about just spreading dominance of their brand and products in every corner they can.

I think people kind of forget that Microsoft is like... MASSIVELY bigger than both Sony and Nintendo, and Steam, and all these companies. They aren't competing against Bing Bing Wahoo, and The Last of Uncharted 76. Their main competitors are fucking Amazon and Google. There's 100% gotta be a different mindset there.

If you have a halfway decent PC there is literally zero reason to get an Xbox. Just get gamepas and plug into a TV with a controller.

That's so sad, SoT has even less content than f2p gotcha shit.

>turned Xbox from a meme system in 2013 to the best console on the market.
>Manhandled by a 5 years old overpriced budget Nintendo tablet with almost 10 years old hardware

Attached: 1647921924697.jpg (500x375, 18.3K)

With PC prices right now, getting a console makes a decent amount of sense. A Series X is $500. And that comes with a controller (which can be used for PC, and other things down the line, so arguably subtract $50).

They are playing the long game for sure. While PS is busy slurping up California tranny cock,, they are building gamepass
Honestly at this point MS can literally do nothing and still win, Sony is literally shitting themselves that bad with archaic censorship, supply shortages, and no exclusives worth purchasing.

Most people also have a PC of some sort. So bundle that up, also PC does have more / better sales on things outside gamepass, plus the ol' yo ho ho method.

>GP
Never really catched on, now the novelty is gone and wonder if the thing isn't going backwards and fading out.

>no exclusives worth purchasing.
Same for Xbox but they have been in this place for a good decade it's now its commonplace.

This is probably entirely a momentary thing in time situation, but I say this as someone who mostly PC games, I actually had a minute where I realized getting a Xbox wasn't a terrible idea. GPU prices for something like a 3060 alone were the price of an Xbox. My PC is from 2018, so it's not in the WORST state, I can probably get a few more years out of it in general use, but when I need to upgrade, it's probably gonna be starting from a new rig, and that'd be a few thousand. If prices actually go down a bit in the next few years, the Xbox might literally pay for itself compared to if I wanted to bite the bullet and upgrade now-ish.

I fully agree.
For the first time in my life I got myself an Xbox after decades of Bingtendo and Playstation.
From a technical point of view the SeX is the best console of all time. It's a technological marvel without hyperbole and memetry.

but

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING GAMES, PHIL?

Attached: triggered pepe.gif (344x344, 2.9M)

>killed Halo
>killed Gears of War
only people who should be praising him are investors

almost reminds you of that one internal slogan of theirs from the 90s

>killed Halo
>killed Gears of War
but that's a good thing though.

Attached: 1362427628504.jpg (679x705, 84.34K)

It's called strategic failure that goes all the way back to the original Xbox days.
When Halo took off they silently shitcanned literally every other studio and franchise they were working on.
The thing is now that Halo is dogshit they have nothing and are spending a hundred billion dollars playing catch up.
Classic case of all eggs in one basket.

exclusives were necessary when consoles still competed against budget gaming pcs but the latter no longer exists

Exclusives still make sense to differentiate between each other

Why do snoys try to push this narrative that Xbox hates Nintendo? People only hate Sony, just Sony.

Xbox doesn't care about Console exclusives anymore.
Their main product now is Game Pass, that's what they want you to buy, the Console is just a method of delivery for the actual product.
I would expect to see GP only games in the future once MS really gets a tight grip on a lot of studios, they can't get away with it right now but you can bet your ass they will in the future.

There still are "exclusives" if you consider Xbox and PC one thing. That's kind of what Microsoft pushes.

Why do Xbox apologists always deflect using the sony scapegoat?

For the people asking why anyone would buy an Xbox when they could play on PC, let me ask you: why do people buy Rokus when they can stream Netflix on their computer? It's a streamlined, ease of access to their products, and Microsoft's primary product is Game Pass.

No exclusives. A paltry handful of first party offerings available on multiple platforms and digital storefronts, some of which are even on Playstation -in some cases there and not on the Xbox hardware.

Agreed. MS especially has completely lost the plot where strengthening the value proposition of their hardware is concerned. Sony's been similarly disappointing this generation. PC ports weren't a necessary measure to promote their IPs, especially during a period where they can't capitalize on it due to hardware shortages. That's the only excuse I can make for why they shifted course from proper exclusives to cross platform -despite it making the PS5 near worthless for a large part of the market that already has a PS4 or can buy one- but it makes the PC initiative even more egregious.

>why do people buy Rokus when they can stream Netflix on their computer?
I have no idea what those words mean....

Microsoft's plan is to establish itself as the front runner in what they're seeing as a culture shift in products. "You will own nothing, and be happy" isn't just a meme. They want to become the Netflix of games, and they want to be there before anyone else. They missed the boat when Steam basically became the face of PC gaming. They never managed to latch onto things in the console space- always either being at best second, or third.

But right now, they're Netflix, and it's the year 2010, and they have basically zero competition.

>Microsoft's primary product is Game Pass.
*service

user more people are signed up for sony and Nintendos version of the pass. They are in no way the Netflix of gaming

The issue is that, as far as we know, Gamepass hasn't reached enough of a market saturation to be profitable. The Xbox hardware itself also isn't profitable/sold at a loss apparently. With Gamepass being non-primary as a means of engagement for their current ecosystem install base, they're not winning on any of their own terms outright yet, and it's doubtful that a subscription service model -especially at that cost- will ever become the primary means of engagement. There are no true Game Pass exclusive titles outside of incentives and I doubt they'd go down that road. MS is seemingly not interested in an iron-grip on all the studios they're picking up. Activision Blizzard seems like it might be run with a similar mindset to Minecraft according to the big man on top and Bethesda is supposedly gauged on a title-by-title basis.

Considering the market saturation for Gamepass isn't that high, that would mean the Xbox can't stand on its own terms for most people on the market for a console without other incentives. The coming of XCloud will further diminish the need for those with decent network connections, as those who want Gamepass will find multiple avenues opened for them to play across various hardware ecosystems. MS also releases their software outside of that context and even on competitor services, so it's quite the muddle.

NSO and the new PS Plus are competitors in their own right with variations. Heck, even the old PS Plus was in some capacity. PS Now acted as a sort XCloud variation of Gamepass. As this user mentions they aren't the only option on the block and they aren't even the most successful in general terms. To top it off, the high-grade high cost model they're working with may not attain the breakthrough that services like Netflix did, so it's not a very encouraging sentiment for the future or representative of good value right now on the consumer market for most players in differing circumstances.

>always either being at best second, or third.
I was gonna ask when they ever managed second but looked up the numbers. I really didn't expect to see that Gamecube was last place that gen. Ouch.

are there any gamepass for x months for $2 deals still going around?

It gets even worse more people signed up for Nintendos $50 tier then gamepass as a whole. 32 million vs gamepasses 25 million, that means more people want to play NES games then any Microsoft game