Is the Skywalker Saga worth it? I've never played A Lego game before, but I've heard so much about this one...

Is the Skywalker Saga worth it? I've never played A Lego game before, but I've heard so much about this one, it piqued my interest.

I've been debating getting that or SaGa: Scarlet Grace.

Which would you get if you were me?

Attached: stars.jpg (960x959, 252.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ErgjwJzNNWI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZboS8yILKP4
youtu.be/B3tP9gaUmnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably. watch a video first then

This game 100%, my first video game was the original Lego Star wars and been a gamer ever since

i'd go play the Complete Saga first

I'm having alot of fun with Skywalker saga, prequel missions are short but you probably wont notice if you haven't played any other Lego games. Disregard any other post in this thread.

Lego games are extremely easy, but really fun. Do you like Collecthathons? Do you like to do small puzzles or quest to get small rewards? Go for them.
Usually they focus on having a large cast of characters who each have 1 or 2 powers, and you switch between them while going through the rough story of the movies.
Then, you can replay levels and explore the overworld to 100% find all the small pieces and hidden characters.

Anyone ever wonder why OP can't figure out what to think?? Is this an NPC? If I told OP that Starwars only has 3 movies, do you think he'd disagree with me and bring up reddit and wikipedia?

Attached: 1631278906605.jpg (720x941, 53K)

I would say this is a good introduction for Lego games at least upcoming ones, this game is completely different to previous games for the enormous hub areas filled with puzzles and shit, it's a collectaton yeah but this game is more about how you collect them, i think you would like it.

LOTR had a pretty huge overworld, is this bigger than LOTR?

Is there any leveling up or customization or parties?

There's 6 movies and then one or two offshoots that have nothing to do with the Skywalkers, thus the Skywalker Saga.

they should have removed the sequels and put more work into other areas. i paid for the game and i am skipping all sequel content.

Well it's divided into 24 planets, i haven't seen them all yet but so far Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscant are all pretty huge with multiple areas.

There are 3 movies and 3 art projects. For some reason, there's also this cash grab series with the same name and stars a female girl, a chimpanzee, and a rice cooker.

Attached: 1647366507966.jpg (641x961, 71.42K)

No leveling up, you usually start with a 2-3 legos who have 2-3 powers, and then unlock more and more and then by the end, you have some bosses or heroes legos with 5-6 powers. For example, in Harry Potter Lego, Harry, Ron and Hermione each have 2-3 powers each, but if you unlock Voldemort, he can do 8 things and he's really strong.
So you find what type of lego you like, and then go for them. You can also usually create your own lego character who have specific powers, like in Marvel, a guy who had Captain America Shield, but could also Fly.

Attached: UM3x1vR.jpg (2048x1152, 615.25K)

Is the Harry Potter one any good?

And do you have other characters that fight alongside you?

For example, I really liked The Hulk Lego and Speedsters, my girlfriend liked Scarlet Witch and Iron Man because she prefer Ranged characters.

The later Lego games, in Overworld are extremely fun because you can split up in Coop and go do stuff on your own side. Like, I was going to Mordor in LOTR while my GF was doing quest near Moria.
A lot of stuff to unlock, bricks, legos, cheat blocks who give stuff like Brick finders, or invulnerabilities.
It's a Collect stuff game.

Attached: -1793377796.jpg (500x313, 31.24K)

There's actually nine movies.

Oh, you're a Star Wars purist I see. The kind that lost your panties over Hayden Christensen.

>Oh those others aren't real

Sorry but they're canon.

In Solo, no. You can play with a friend and you end up 2 on screen. Most lego games allow you to choose a couple of characters when you replay missions to find hidden bricks.

Harry Potter is split between Year 1-4 and 5-7, and yeah, it's really good. It's like watching a parody of the movies.
Get the 2 games in 1 disks

Attached: 915OKRsVRZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1191x1500, 280.5K)

Is that a man dressing up in drag to look like Emma Watson?

Or is the Switch version preferable. I have a PS4, a PS5 and a Switch

I would go with PS5, just for the trophies. For Skywalker saga, dont take Switch, graphic quality goes way down. Switch is okay for the Ps3 era games like Jurrasic Park and Harry Potter, but PS5 would have shiniers texture, and would be more smooth.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-06-1tdqqfmcth781-png-PNG-Image-2158-×-1184-pixels-Scaled-81.jpg (1741x868, 824.07K)

Here the comparaison.
youtube.com/watch?v=ErgjwJzNNWI

Attached: Screenshot_476.png (1910x1069, 2.99M)

Is Clone Wars DLC confirmed yet?
I'd only buy it for that, the prequels and the original '77 film.

Attached: soka.png (1574x913, 832.61K)

Thank you user, I think the main appeal of the Switch besides some exclusives is the mobility factor, so I'm always wondering if a game is just as good on the Switch.

don't bother with basedwoker saga. This game is hot garbage. Spaghetti codes, ugly graphics (merging photorealism with lego bricks just doesn't work), no substance. Definition of bloatware. Campaign has fuck all gameplay, combat is trivial, platforming is non existent. Story missions are an insult in terms of length and design; a walking simulator. and whats left is free roam which is essentially open world bloatware shit.

Yeah, they are really light graphically games, so it's not a massive lost. If you play on the run, the switch would be more than sufficiant for you to have fun.

Take a movie you like, and get the lego game with it, and have fun. So far, I didnt get a bad lego game. Harry Potter 5-7 is pretty different gameplay wise from 1-4, but still fun.

Forgive my ignorance but what is bloatware? Is that a jab at Bioware?

Would you say Harry Potter or Skywalker is a better first time Lego experience?

I wish I could spend a day as Mark Hamill.

Maybe.

The big attraction of this game is all the side content you can do in free roam, and there's already a bunch of spin-off characters and a bunch of others coming as DLC.

No idea for Skywalker, I didnt play it yet. Harry Potter was my first, and it got me addicted to the lego games. They all have slightly different setups and gameplay, but it all fall down to be the same setup.
LOTR has a big overworld, while Harry Potter castle is sectionned. Jurrasik Park has different Island, Marvel has massive cities and buildings.

The newest would be better. The older one were clunkier than the most recent ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZboS8yILKP4

Attached: images (1).jpg (186x270, 11.34K)

Nothing's confirmed, but it's a pretty safe bet that they'll eventually get around to doing side story stuff. Probably start with the popular content like Clone Wars and Mando, then maybe the less popular movie shit like Rouge 1 and Solo, and finally if they completely exhaust the well they can do the bottom of the barrel stuff like Rebels, Bad Batch, BoBF, and Resistance.

It's basically what we call the "open world" games which utilise the formula of copy-pasting various repetitive activities and collectibles across the large game world. theh really serve no purpose other than creating a time sink for a player, derailing from main story or even being necessary in order for player to gain XP so they can progress an artificially gated story. You can have open world that has unique secrets and rewards and stories tied to exploration (witcher 3) but that's just collecting shite for the sake of collecting through activities which are a chore rather than a well designed challenge to overcome.

Think of new assassins creed games when you see term bloatware. Elden Ring with its gaols, dungeons and repetitive bosses is also that.

>open world that has unique secrets and rewards and stories tied to exploration (witcher 3)

Attached: 1620317197078.png (500x500, 134.53K)

I looked up the future planned DLC and it's character packs for basically every property EXCEPT TCW, (including Bad Batch) so I assume they're planning something bigger for that.

Attached: 1594961103424.png (360x450, 214.58K)

>so assume [something good]
why would you assume that

Because I'm a dumb idiot, obviously.
No, but really, why would they include Bad Batch characters in the season pass and not TCW characters?

if I'm being honest it's not comparable to the other lego games. it's vastly different regardless of descriptions. if you enjoy experiencing the story through cut scenes and having minimal combat scenarios then I'd check it out. I'm only on episode 2 but there has been a vast lack of actual combat. I've seen people argue "it's a kids game" "lego was always a collectathon" "nostalgia goggles" but they are missing the point. episode one had two sections where you fight enemies. the first minute of the game and at the very end diring the darth maul fight. all you do is walk and the ship missions

there's also the Gungan battle

it is curiously absent, so i wouldn't be surprised if they announced more dlc on may 4th. book of boba pack, bad batch season 2, kenobi, ahsoka, andor, all that shit. hopefully a big clone wars dlc that adds mandalore as a planet and has a couple levels based on the finale.

It's a reasonable assumption. Because The Clone Wars already has a Lego game, it'd be super easy for them to just pull assets from that and reuse them for a big DLC. And the fact that there's no character pack means they're almost certainly holding onto them for said DLC.

so is it worth it if i really liked tcs, or should i just replay tcs? not like that game was a masterpiece either even though it was great

you're correct I misspoke. the gungan battle was kinda cool since it was something that wasn't played in the original at least I don't remember it. what bothers me is that for everything that was done half assed, the game does so much right. the graphics, the open world, the characters, the ship missions, they're all fun. but the actual story mode was so poorly done. better off playing the complete saga instead

it's worth it to explore all the planets because unless you've played other games or read the comics you probably don't know much about the planets themselves aside from what happens in the movies. there's a lot to explore and some side missions are long and take you to multiple planets. get it on sale or watch a story mission only play through and see what the game is actually like

>merging photorealism with lego bricks just doesn't work
I don't know about that. It worked really well for the first Lego Batman.

>merging photorealism with lego bricks just doesn't work
I thought it was pretty cool Qui-Gon's feet got dusty on Tatooine

You literally answered your own question OP
>Never played a Lego gam
>All of a sudden interested
It’s a gaming drought and a big one
The game is shit and you aren’t really interested

I'm honestly baffled by the lack of Ahsoka in the base game. I myself don't really care, but I thought she was the #1 female character in the franchise now, how did they exclude her? That would be like making another LEGO Marvel game and exclude Iron Man for no reason.

Attached: 1646182033668.jpg (640x480, 32.66K)

>never played a Lego game before.
Then it's not going to do much for you. This game is for 3 people.
1) People who have nostalgia from playing these as a kid.
2) Kids
3) people who like the cringe reddit-tier humor.

I was in the same boat as you as to debating getting this game, and from watching dudes play it just looked unbeliably boring/easy. The shitty co-op mode was also a dealbreaker as that would have been one of the main reasons I picked it up.

Lego games are lots of fun and this is the best one, so yeah get it
Especially if you like SW

yeah it's a pretty glaring omission, which is why the rumors of a clone wars dlc seem believable imo

base game is movies only

Yet they included Aurra Sing who is in a cut 2 second scene from Phantom Menace and has a way bigger role in TCW.

Why tf are the levels so short? You spend more time talking in the hubs than anything else

huh? She's in the theatrical release.

That's a weak argument, many other LEGO games (and SW ones at that) have included characters from outside their main scope.

its kinda good but also kinda meh.
the movies only have 5 missions each, and they worked on this for like 5 years.
most of your time is spent in hub worlds doing a bunch of side missions because they dropped the ball on the main campaign.

Attached: 1339413470354.jpg (500x241, 29.21K)

The problem is that ahsoka actually does show up in the movies. She shows up as a force ghost voice in rise of Skywalker
youtu.be/B3tP9gaUmnQ
There has to be clone wars DLC or something. Sure she appears as Mando DLC but still

Oh, I thought it was only the extended. Regardless, it's still a "blink and you'll miss her" character.

We don't talk about character assassination Ahsoka from Mando and BoBF.

>Base game is movies only
Characters like Mr. Bones and Mama the Hutt are playable base game

the unfortunate reality is that previous games were developed in a different market. Secret characters like Princess Leia in LSW1 or Radagast in Lego LOTR simply aren't done anymore because publishers would rather those characters be sold as DLC
wat

Pretty sure the movies took them 2 years and the rest of the hub areas were made in 3 years because those are the areas that feel that have the most work put on

>he doesn't know

>Wat
They're expanded universe stuff. Well, Disney expanded universe stuff

Attached: Screenshot_20220408-224700.jpg (812x792, 99.09K)

I just didn't know they were in the game

lego games are good fun, if this is your first it should all be novel and you won't be tired of all the samey shit thats alwas in them so i say go for it