I just finished FFT for the first time. Why did Delita stab Ovelia? I thought he genuinely liked her. I'm so confused...

I just finished FFT for the first time. Why did Delita stab Ovelia? I thought he genuinely liked her. I'm so confused. Seemed kinda random.

Attached: 1634915875877.png (1580x900, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lrENuxiu8MU?t=990
youtube.com/watch?v=75Utj8XTS_w
twitter.com/YasumiMatsuno/status/446098390531592192
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you got that backwards, m8
she rushed him with a dagger and stabbed him first
and I also recently finished the game for the first time

Yeah but his first reaction to being stabbed is to stab his wife back? What lol. He doesn't even think twice. Seems like she didn't even kill him.

>war veteran not acting out of reflex

She was as good as dead the moment she attacked him anyway.
Also what's the fuck with that line, it's actually worse sounding than the PS1 original.

1: He was already king and doesn't need her anymore.
2: You're a beta male cuck if you see something wrong with attacking a bitch who attacked you first
3: She's still alive so who cares

>Also what's the fuck with that line, it's actually worse sounding than the PS1 original.
Actual mong opinion

>acting out of reflex means killing the person you supposedly love
I guess he never actually liked her? I thought he liked her because he projected Tietra's image onto her. But it seems I misinterpreted it. He just used her to be king for some reason.

Why did he even think about Ramza after being stabbed when he didn't even bother clearing his name? Did he not give a fuck about Ramza either?

Because Delita's an unlikable faggot. Thought the game made that pretty clear.

The way people talk about tactics I thought I missed something and there'd be more depth to this character. Didn't really expect him to just be a faggot.

probably thinking about how he may done the wrong thing by comparing Ramza'a outcome to his own
but he doesn't know what cool shit Ramza did

Edgelords love him because he's a dick that made it big and mostly got away with it all.

Even the writer on reflection regrets how shallow the ending was, and took his bit part in XIV as a means to soft-fix the thing while also being able to say "this is just a what-if scenario, it's not meant to replace the original".

how did he soft fix it in 14?

Attached: 1638101522074.png (171x207, 59.11K)

I am also genuinely curious

He didn't kill her, just incapacitated her with it. They both live, though she dies from an unknown illness later on in her gilded cage.

Nothing got fixed by the Ivalice raid series in XIV. It's all just shallow fanservice and garbage writing that has very little to do with FFT outside of using it's characters to say "Look guys it's FFT".

As far as I know he only regrets that it wasn't made clear that Ramza and friends live.

dude, he did genuinely like her. She tried to fucking kill him, its a spur of the moment shock reaction.

yeah that's the impression i got too

Attached: 1647375910507.png (1018x183, 119.67K)

Delita got the glory, but it was empty, with his love resenting him and trying to kill him. Ramza got no glory, but was able to run off and live a happy life with his sister.

>Ramza lived
>just Olan burn at the stake as he's too lazy to go rescue him

Some friend.

>his love
he never loved her. you niggas serious?

ITT: Things women will never understand.

Women unironically think Delita liked Ovelia and didn't just project his feelings for Tietra onto Ovelia.
Ovelia was just a tool for him, he never cared about her.

>Why did Delita stab Ovelia?
Because she was no longer of use to him. Yes, Delita lies, lies to everyone. All to achieve his goals - he stepped on path of "the end justifies the means" after Tietra's death.
>I thought he genuinely liked her.
Delita stopped caring about ANYONE after Tietra's death. Once he saw that even most sensible nobles (which were relatives of his best friend, whose father - Barbaneth Beoulve - was a hero of war, the nicest person among nobles and took Delita's commoner family under his wing) don't give a shit about the lives of commoners (Zalbaag who just preferred to kill both a commoner AND a terrorist than to let terrorist escape, but there were also other examples, like Argath with his "ANIMALS HAVE NO GODS" and Wiegraf being a good soldier who got fucked by nobles and having to turn into terrorist - Delita saw all that and made some conclusion for himself), he realized that there's no point living as a nice person in this world when you're a commoner and you might as well achieve your goals through any means, be it blackmail, rise in power through assassinations or blatant lying. To Delita, nobles were like pieces of shit (just like commoners were akin to living stock for nobles), and that even applied to Ramza.
While Delita chose to abandon all of his ideals just to rise in power where he could have a chance to change the country and reduce the gap between the nobles and commoners, Ramza chose to stick to his ideals, even if it cost him pretty much everything - title of nobility being traded for title of heretic, his sister being taken away from him, and in the end House Beoulve itself.

Pretty sure this scene was to establish that Delita was indeed using her like he was using everyone else. Should of used a cutscene to show there was some sort of instinctual struggle, heat of the moment retaliation stab to show he was simply not getting rid of her.

What were delita's goals?

He absolutely hated nobles and royalty and wanted to be in a position where they were forced to suck his dick, or else.

How does he know of ramza's outcome? Ovelia stabs him because she thinks ramza & co died, delita probably thinks the same.

From delita's perspective ramza lost everything - his name, reputation, family, and life. There's no reason to say the line in the op.

>What were delita's goals?
youtu.be/lrENuxiu8MU?t=990

He literally tells you

He figured that Ivalice will stay a shitty country no matter which noble will sit at the throne, because all of them were scumbags to him (well, the grade of it varied between nobles, with people like Dycedarg being the absolute worst and people like Orlandeau being actually pretty reasonable, just loyal), so he just had to change it, and he chose to do it by himself. And with winners writing the history, he could push the story of plain commoner becoming the king, so if he could stay as a reasonable king until his last days, people would start to compare him to previous kings, all of whom were of noble blood but not all of them being good kings, and that could push Ivalice into non-monarch system (because as it turns out, a commoner can end up being a better ruler than a noble).

Reminder that Delita, despite his flaws, led Ivalice into an unprecedented golden age of prosperity.

Why does he do nothing about the church in the months after the events of the game?
He does literally nothing with his power to fix the situation.

>From delita's perspective ramza lost everything - his name, reputation, family, and life. There's no reason to say the line in the op.
see it more along the lines of
>well, was it worth getting killed for the right thing?

FF14 gave FFT its true ending

youtube.com/watch?v=75Utj8XTS_w

Because he's a blind faggot and ultimately another pawn of the church.

He saw what happens when you go against the church with Ramza's example (and later on Orran's example, who was burned at the stake for going against them). Also, Delita never cared about Zodiac Braves and knew absolutely nothing about Lucavi and true nature of Saint Ajora, so to him the church still existed as corrupted yet useful tool to achieve his goals. As long as church didn't pull crazy shit and let commoners live peacefully, Delita was okay with it existing and preaching about Saint Ajora (to Delita's luck, all templars were aready dead thanks to Ramza, along with Funebris who knew way too much and was the most power-hungry person in church).

Sounds like a bunch of ass pulls ngl

aint the church primarily dead? Anyone involved in the lucavi plot gets trashed by ramza, so I'd assume the rest of the church players are under delita's thumb.

I mean, imagine if he did go against the church:
>Delita: "This shit sucks, church must go away."
>Commoners: "But my king, why? Do you not believe in teaching of Saint Ajora? What caused you to suddenly step away from teaching of church that everyone follows in Ivalice?"
>Church: "Oh man, this king is mad. Mad king! Mad king! This is what you get for being a king who was a commoner! He even lived his early life with Ramza the heretic! Burn him alive!"
>Delita: "Damn, I just wasted all of my life's effort for this dumb idea, should've kept my mouth shut like always and instead use the church for my own goals."

No, they burn orrin at the stake when he tries to clear ramza's name.

He did love her, she just didn’t believe him because he’s not trustworthy

he absolutely did not

>be Delita
>be a liar faggot who got all he wanted
>died miserably
>be Ramza
>a squire who can cast fucking Ultima on fake jesus
>retires to live his days with what remained of his harem of women soldiers, sister and waifu Agrias

>Agrias
>Ramza's waifu
they talk like 2 times lol

Attached: 1632997690531.jpg (748x1000, 897.49K)

I shipped him with the sole surviving female monk I had by the endgame, 2 lines is more than enough.

He got cucked by Mustadio.

>Delita
>die miserably
He was one of the most celebrated kings in Ivalice history

Just popping in to say that the original dialogue is better than the pretentious WotL dogshit.

Animals have no god was a brilliant line.

Attached: 0af.jpg (467x3032, 166.54K)

Being stabbed by your wife is a fairly miserable way to die for a king.

>I guess he never actually liked her?
Delita liked her, but his dream was more important. She became a potential threat, so when she attacked him she had to be neutralized. He gave up everything for his dream including his love. Until Matsuno retconned it on twitter and decided she was fine and they had a long, happy marriage afterwards.

He didn't die tho.

He didn't die back there, only Olivia did.

He didn't die from that stab

the game never makes that clear

>She's still alive
[citation needed]

Ovelia didn't die either
I'd say him being alive and fine is clear enough.

he's bleeding out in the cutscene

Wait what? You gotta be shitting me. This is why I hate 'long awaited' sequels and authors expanding/explaining shit.

Matsuno

I hate you so much for these spoilers
I'll just discard it together with the coda from Tactics Ogre as fanfiction.

The history stuff and manual describe him as having a long and prosperous rule

>Until Matsuno retconned it on twitter and decided she was fine and they had a long, happy marriage afterwards.
That never happened, it was a mistranslation. The part about ovelia was Matsuno quoting the fan tweeting at him, not Matsuno saying she was alive.

Best music track? I prefer Trisection myself.

The game states that Delita was one of the most famous kings of Ivalice and his entire's life story was told across generations.
This scene with Delita and Ovelia happens shortly after Delita is crowned, he barely ruled at this point.

source? there is no indication of timeline in game and there was nothing at the end about delita ruling peacefully and being a good king

>Delita stopped caring about ANYONE after Tietra's death. [...] he realized that there's no point living as a nice person in this world when you're a commoner and you might as well achieve your goals through any means, be it blackmail, rise in power through assassinations or blatant lying.
We're talking about the same Delita who was told to go execute prisoners, and he secretly let 'em go then reported back that he killed them? Seems like an okay guy to me. And iirc Ovelia was eavesdropping and thought Delita actually killed them, which helps build up why she stabs him at the end of the game.

>golden age
>after the cataclysm
lol

twitter.com/YasumiMatsuno/status/446098390531592192
Here's the source btw
>そっち(ラムザ達)はいいんですが、オヴェリアが・・・w
>"Ramza & co are fine but Ovelia... laugh"

Attached: 1644526982419.png (780x420, 48.33K)

It’s not like the church actually lost much power trying to clear ramzas name would not go well

Has anyone ported the psx translation to the psp version? I don't feel like starting the ps1 all over again

Was Delita even aware of the Lucavi?

Will endeavor grant me an army?

Even after the events of the game he had to have become aware of it. No way the king doesn't know that demons were walking around the kingdom lmao. Delita was a faggot for not clearing Ramza's name.

Attached: Ramza and Delita.jpg (2048x1365, 759.47K)

And make the church an enemy? It's not worth it, and it's not like Ramza gives a fuck about his name.

Yeah, Trisection and Antipyretic.

Square should make more protags like Ashley Riot.

Fuck me that VA. Why do they always sound like twinks.

Attached: 1637754936146.png (172x105, 20.33K)

Ramza murdered a cardinal and there's no existing proof that he was a demon. Good luck clearing that.