Comfy Elden Ring Thread

Volcano Manor fucking rules dudes.

Attached: ua2cj0f7snk81.png (1920x1080, 3.35M)

best area, should've been bigger

Exploring here now. Still trying to find royal knights resolve.

VIDEOGAME GENERALS BELONG ON /vg/

Is the area where the abductor virgin drops you an intended way to get into Volcano Manor? I found a spot where I could drop off without dying thanks to player messages. Then found a ladder that led to door that opened from the other side. Managed to run and jump around a corner onto another part of the building and kill some enemies and then open the door I couldn't open before. Going by player messages I'm seeing it appears players are entering this area from the opposite direction.

It was bigger than Raya Lucaria at least. That place was way too small.

Yeah

How do you actually explore the area? I did the contracts and beat rykard, but I can't see the lizard people that I see in some webms posted here

Worst dungeon in the game, it's short and gay and it doesn't even look cool
>but the lizards can stretch!!
Why though, it does nothing, what a waste

How do I make this game more fun for myself? I try to use craftable consumables and weapon arts but none of the encounters so far have demanded anything more than light and jumping attacks.

Roll into a wall in one of the small rooms in the manor, it's illusionary

All I can say is don't try relying on spells, if anything they make it less fun. You just spam spells and everyone dies

>get summoned for radahn
>host dies to the first arrow

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

Generals belong on

Attached: 1626872455445.png (201x251, 9.54K)

Fucking relatable

it's not a general, it's a comfy thread.

I'm really liking the build I'm using in NG+, looks cool as fuck and everything gets staggered so easily, plus frost

Attached: 1619361692985.png (797x800, 1.19M)

Agreed because its simply the best, but the actual area is very very big and probabaly bigger than they needed to make it.

Really? So I'm already playing the "hard" way? This game is just too easy then. I wish bosses and enemies had some mechanics that actually made you think outside the box. That's also part of why I miss gimmick fights so much.

Illusionary wall in one of the random rooms in the manor, think there might be a second illusionary wall to reach the actual large area.
Second best area in the game so worth using a youtube video to find.

wish i had screenshots. i accidentally stumbled into sofria and ran around for a little bit. it's fucking gorgeous, i gotta go back there and light the fires to see what happens.
also. i'm amazed how much i could explore without even beating godrick. i'm 20+ hours in and finally started stormveil.

does anyone know about the updates? i heard the first one fixes some quests and the rest are pretty gay. pls help

are there any other items like the ancestral skull that scale off INT that i can throw around?

Looks like the build posted by Fextralife today, trying it out and it IS good but I can't stand the constant buffing every minute

The updates fix some questlines and NPCs. They nerfed some stuff, but none of it should really matter in a casual playthrough.

>scale off INT
Is that why that cool item that I went through so much trouble to find does fuck-all damage? I wish the game would tell me it scaled off INT.

Miquella's Haligtree is really testing my patience.

The one part with the two knights and the erdtree avatar is the only actually stupid thing in that place. Everything else is perfectly doable.

>nooo i am the most perfect empyrean you cant do this to me!!!

FUCK forgot image

Attached: miquella(bladeless).jpg (1280x720, 188.31K)

Just rush past them, lol. there's a grace right behind them.

For this and Elphael I'd suggest just running through to the graces and come back for exploration after you've made some progress.

nah, that part is fine because you're meant to stealth your way above them, the bad part about that place is the fucking hallway with the 4 revenants

Moonlight buff lasts longer than the other one but Helphen's buff is farly quick to apply, at least compared to moonlight's

Attached: Elphael.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

I felt it was big enough if you include the rooftop shit.

It's pretty cool, this game has several very cool dungeons which is why it's a pity it falls short in so many other areas. Just stacking dungeons would have been more fun than the open world.

Leyndell's sewers are better, this area is good though along with Stormveil

worst place in the game, heavy ds2 vibes

Get the updates. They fix some bugged quests. They also nerf some weapons but honestly it's just a concern in PvP. Everything they nerfed is still top tier in PvE.

It literally does. Every usable items shows what it scales with, including skulls, bells, pots, etc.

Favorite area.

Possibly related, what area would feel fitting for a dragon incantation using gimmick knight to hang around fishing for co op?

kek, thank god the avatars are easy to kill

if you're trying to compare vulcano manor to iron keep, you did not play ds2. iron keep is actual cbt.

…Named after the prominent Volcano family. Please ignore the lava waterfall on the right side, that’s just coincidence.

Harambe Azula, for low levels there really is no dragon-themed location outside of Dragonbarrow and Agheel Lake or whatever it's called.

The easiest way to play is using one of those weapons that scales with INT and switching between spells and a weapon depending on the boss. Makes the whole game trivial

>They also nerf some weapons but honestly it's just a concern in PvP
I immediately noticed when my moonveil wasnt knocking bosses on their ass on every other unsheathe attack

Attached: aba.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

Spell only is very bad for night riders. At least early on. Only have pebble and slice both bad at hitting. Slicer is slow and cause me to trade.
Pebble usually just hits the horse or misses completely. Deathbird is giving trouble too.

>Dear Ranni, what doth thou think thine destiny portends?
>The Two Fingers speak of godhood, but I would prefereth young Miquella or Malenia taketh that burden, such that I might continueth thou study of the moon
>Oh daughter, it gladdens me so to hear. And you, Radahn, what road wouldst thou walk?
>I am the cub of a champion. I will hone my skills, and together with my faithful horse, I shall follow the footsteps of the lion. My crown will be warranted with strength.
>How ambitious! I shall gladly anticipate your many victories. And what of you, dear Rykard?
>I WANNA LIVE IN A VOLCANO
>O... okay... is that all?
>I LIKE SNAKES

Attached: 1648157458951.jpg (1080x1154, 60.52K)

Changing the flame plust tree shield was very bad. It just seemed like a clever use.
They get don't do a lot things to help make the player feel clever. Death doesn't work on the greatbow person in the study hall. Carian retaliation doesn't work on eldenbeast.
It's disappointing. Removing synergies like the shield is never good. Imagine if they changed the toxic dung from ds1 to a different toxic.

good for hiding, too

Attached: 20220408214237_1.jpg (1920x1080, 287.37K)

Attached: This Golden Thing of Ours.png (836x940, 1006.43K)

i wish there was a video online showing what magical attacks you can use carian retaliation on

SL150, should I go more Strength over Faith, or more Faith over Strength? Probably going to still use the Claymore

There are some basic rules you can follow: If it is a single discernable magic projectile you can usually parry it. Multiple projectiles sometimes lead to chip damage if they come in after you parried. Lasers, other continuous hitboxes and Ashes of War are not parriable. There might be some exceptions with Ashes of War, but I'm not aware of any.

Strength over Faith.

how reliable is "eternal darkness" sorcery? does it actually erase other projectiles?

And your mother's lips belong wrapped around my cock.

Attached: okyboos4f2551.jpg (399x399, 16.93K)

I'm Volcano Manor right now how the fuck do I get out bros?

Attached: 97f.gif (250x167, 439.49K)

did you take the abductor virgin method to get there or did you go the right way through Mt.Gelmir?

does invasion matchmaking depend entirely on character level? for example, if I invade someone in ng+ and have level 125, can the game put me against someone in their first playthrough?

sort of, it mainly scales off weapon upgrade level, as if it works across NG+? no idea there, sorry.

Completely missed this area on first playthrough since I declined the volcano manor questline... Starting my second playthrough today, hope I can get the optional dragon bosses too.