Shhhhh Hood is sleeping

Shhhhh Hood is sleeping

Attached: PS_Messages_20180911_180424.jpg (1920x1080, 727K)

>kino monster designs
>shit gameplay
why japs? why?

Sex with Veronica while Serena watches

>shit monsters with kino graphics
ftfy

which Dragon Ball game is this?

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

I probably don't need to tell you but Dragon Quest is the Ur-JRPG/wizardry clone.
The archetypes introduced are deeply enshrined memes in Jap pop culture. Changing the core gameplay too much would lead to a an outbreak of mass brain aneurysms.

For me, it's Killing Machines.

Attached: DRAGON-QUEST-XI-Killing-Machine-1024x473.jpg (1024x473, 95.24K)

HE LOOKS LIKE SHREK IN THE THUMBNAIL

why do I get red ribbon army vibes from these

more like fat Dende

Because the same guy who draws dragon ball does the art for dragon quest. nigga loves his dragons.

The new Dragon Quest is going to be an ARPG, so we'll see how that goes.

He fucked the loli

They remind me of the pirate robot.

>start DQXI
>can walk around during purely turned based combat for some reason
>instantly turn on classic view
I don't why but that shit made the game feel bad

Really?
Is anything known about the game except:
dragon quest but edgier and
battle system will not be like other installments (but won't go away either)
?

I hope 12 flops or they get death threats like with 10 that effect the game

Sweet Jesus

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-S_Serena-Costume09.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

They said on the stream that it was going to be an action game, but that's literally all we know so far.

i'm playing dqv for the first time right the fuck now
its good to know that dq and dqm is always waiting for me after whatever shit drops and flops

It is at its core a puzzle game with math. Not an action adventure hackem whatever. Shits supposed to be a DnD video game. Those are good and there are lots of people that like to play those. Please make them.

COOMCOOMCOCOCMCOMSDOCMO

I swear to god I saw a dragon quest game that used cards for the PSP or vita, but I can never find it. Am I thinking of another dq game?

>make definitive S edition
>scrap high quality PS4/PC visuals

Attached: 1247438059331.jpg (600x600, 270.33K)

I like it for setting up more exciting camera angles, but if they keep movement for dq12 I hope there's more to it

I'm the neighborhood terror
But I never wondered
That the hood would take me under

Attached: OIP.jpg (154x200, 4.93K)

Medications. Now.

Where is it?

Attached: DQ3-HD-2D_05-27-21.jpg (600x337, 108.15K)

The real flowchart of pre-dragon warrior influence was;
Early mainframe games - dnd - Oubliette - Wizardry/Ultima - Mugen no Shinzou/Dragon Slayer/Hydlide - Dragon Warrior 1

it is though
if youve ever played the monsters games they really display this (especially online)
since with breeding and typing you are able to minmax way harder than the base games and every high level match is a puzzle

for me, it's kick sand on a strmaxxxing griz whos grandfather was a kingslime bred back down to anteater mats for the trees and passives

Attached: rick-rude-champion.jpg (690x681, 71.39K)

You have it wrong. It's far worse.
>Announce the game for Switch, actually the first game ever announced for NX
>Release on PS4 only
>Switch a year later with exclusive content, but fucked up lighting and compressed textures
>PC "Definitive Edition" releases even later, but it's actually a straight port of the Switch version

I still haven't played DQXI because there's no way to play the full thing yet. I'm patient. Someone always fixes this stuff eventually.

The enemy animations in this game were ridiculously good, they made me realise how terrible Pokemon's are despite being the biggest franchise in the world.

Dragon Ball and dragon quest have the same guy behind all the designs if you were trying to make some snide comment

>shit gameplay
where
DQ11 plays great

I would be okay with them evolving the combat field to have movement and range be a factor.

Oh?!
It's coming to America, right?

Probably. Maybe. Hopefully.

The hood never sleeps

Attached: 1529467239532.png (478x456, 406.86K)

I'd say that every single (Japanese) action RPG or action adventure with RPG elements is at least indirectly influenced by dragon slayer and Hydlide but the influence on the first dragon quest is very minimal.
You're probably right on Mugen no Shinzou, but I don't know it that well. Did it introduce something beyond combining elements of wizardry/ultima?

achievable natty?

DQM ON PC/SWITCH WHEN?????????????
First time I played it, it was so good I had to check the box to make sure I wasn't playing digimon world 2.
After playing the mainline games, and seeing the places every portal is referencing I get chills realizing what a massive fanservice cock that game has.

Attached: 1599906135003.jpg (2560x1440, 298.59K)

seriously, how is this artstyle just pure sex?
even the robots look sexual

I'm actually looking forward to a darker Dragon Quest, bros. I think DQ is best when it's purposely trying to irritate players. The old DQ games (and really just FC RPGs in general?) are cool because they're very stubborn and weird. JRPGs need to be more abrasive and strange again.

Serena is too stupid to know what sex is. That’s why every man in that fishing village (the one from the mermaid arc) was able to run a train on her, she thinks it’s some sort of dance.

Fake news, they said it's still turn-based.

Attached: 1622096630457.png (681x1019, 164.05K)

The big thing that stick out to me in Mugen no Shinzou was the bigger emphasis on fleshing out the designs and character of the enemies.
In games preceding it they were given much less emphasis, but this game goes out of its way to put a ton of effort into actually designing them and giving them a visual personality, something that DW does extremely well.
I also think Dragon Slayer is really underrated because most people hardly play more then 5 minutes of it, i could ramble about it, but its probably best i do that in a better suited thread.

Attached: mugen-no-shinzo_13.png (640x400, 6.74K)

Here's another example of the art, might look very familiar.

Attached: mugen-no-shinzo_16.png (640x400, 7.32K)

Haven't played this game but the UI looks a lot like Ultima.

It cant be understated how much early JRPG gamers loved Ultima and Wizardry, it was filled with Richard Garriott loving westaboos, kind of ironic considering how JRPGs are viewed now.

This is the RPG that Square made before they made Final Fantasy, just a straight shameless ultima clone, even major story elements were straight Ultima.

Attached: genesis-beyond-the-revelation_12.png (640x400, 4.33K)

It isn't really clear what exactly this means. Turn-based could mean dozens of different things. I doubt it will be extremely different, like an isometric game, but it's still hard to tell. Maybe they're going to do the FF12 style?

They should do it like DQ11, have the same general style as classic DQ combat but add a few things to mix it up like the ability point system, pep mode etc

Wizardry consistently kicks ass in both gameplay and storytelling.

There was so much that could have been done with the positioning, but they just didn't want to commit.
Very sad.

They'd never do this unless it were a spinoff, there would unironically be mass riots in Japan that they'd fuck with the core turn-based status quo.
Dragon Quest is THAT revered and it's ALSO why they're taking so long with the HD-2D DQ3 remake. They KNOW they have one of the king of all kings in gaming history to correctly remake, so they're not rushing it one bit.

>fleshing out the designs and character of the enemies
I mean to me a greater demon or a poison giant are recognizable designs but if you take acount of what the earliest versions of wizardry and ultima I looked like,
then yeah, a four color skeleton (with shading) looks much more fleshed (hoho) out than depressed wireframe man here.

Attached: d_balron.gif (178x117, 2.06K)

>it's kick sand on a strmaxxxing griz whos grandfather was a kingslime bred back down to anteater mats for the trees and passives
What an absolutely bizarre statement, context or not.
Can a drawfag do anything with this?

So, is this a guy who dresses up like a common class of monster, or do the monsters dress up in his honor?

command-battle is jap term for turn-based

I'll be honest, i dont have much RPG experience pre-wizardry 1, but i do believe you, i also feel really strongly about the murphys ghosts and werdna.
I was more talking about The effort put forward by the game developers rather then the actual effect of the art. Putting that much effort into every single encounter in Mugen no Shinzou was a massive undertaking, and really ahead of its time looking at the future of what JRPG games ended up prioritizing.

Attached: Capture.jpg (962x607, 149.35K)

TORNKEO SAMA???????!?!?!?
underrated post you made there king