We'll get Deadly Premonition 2 on PC. Right, Zach?

>We'll get Deadly Premonition 2 on PC. Right, Zach?

Attached: 1593138273189.png (760x760, 377.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iHP_B9ptx5c
youtube.com/watch?v=PlgjtKPtpT8
youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so is good like the first?

the first is 1 of the greatest game ever made

>original game is on the multiplat hub (Microsoft/Sony/PC)
>sequel stranded on nintendo island
literally why would developers ever do anything this fucking stupid?

i think deadly premonition 2 was just to take money for the good life

It already works on an emulator...

fuck off i literally ca't move in the city map

i was forced to drop it

no it's bad and lacks all the soul of the first.

i played the first chapter before giving up on lagging on emulator and the ISLAND MOVIE COMMENT WAS KINO.

IN THE FUTURE THEY WILL SPEAK ABOUT THE ISLAND MOVIE TYPE

so fucking based and the future Zack scene were kino

so why is bad?
the rest of the game is shit?

No, it's way worse than the first. The story, the characters, the music and even the gameplay, which was the biggest weak point of DP1.
But the worst part is the performance and no, this wouldn't be much better on PC or other consoles, because the main devs (Toybox) are absolute hacks.
Terrible framerate and memory leaks which inevitably lead to crashes, same as their shitty PC port of DP1.

>>original game is on the multiplat hub
user, the first game remained a 360 exclusive for years (I think japs always had a ps3 release, but it was never localized). It wasn't until they decided to make a directors cut that it got ported to other systems. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with this prequel in a few more years.

who care sabout that shit

I MEAN THE KINO WHAT MADE DEADLY PREMONITION 1 OF THE BEST GAME EVER.

Wasn't a PC port announced like a year ago?

1 = kino
2 = not kino

but the first chapter i played was KINO

explain?

ok then keep playing it holy fuck im not your mom

sad

I wish the PC port of 1 would get fixed, it's so fucking bad. It runs worse the longer your computer is on so I need to restart computer everytime I want to play it.

We don't even have a functional port of 1 on PC.

people got filtered by it just like they did the first.
if you prepare for the jank you'll enjoy it. the writing is good.

based
can't wait for the PC version

Ryujinx or Yuzu?

whenever they make a sequel to a cult classic the self-awareness of the original game looms too large and inevitably it just becomes a parody of itself, losing all reason why people liked the original in the first place. a recent exception is probably pathologic 2.

yuzu

hope you'll enjoy it.
the hotel area is peak comfy and the music is awesome.
youtu.be/iHP_B9ptx5c

played the first chapter and NOPE

i noticed forced dialogue but the FUCKING ISLAND REFERENCE alone worth the entire price

sounds like youre trying to win yourself over. massive cope

KINO

i like these scenario, not new york or commeifornia

JUST KINO REAL AMERICA
why more games can0t understand the best part of it is inside?

did you see the island movie?

it's just not that good and it's even more of a chore to play when DP2 performs worse than DP1. you're just inhaling copium, it happens.

Its coal

No, many Jap devs are still cucked by the 90s mentality of making their games exclusive to one platform, even though it no longer serves any purpose as all platforms are functionally identical and the platform holders are willing to pay you for exclusivity if you don't just give it away for free.

it kinda reminded me of tommy wiseau when he found out people liked his movie because "it's so bad it's good"

idk about the second but Deadly premonition game is not it's so bad it's so good but have the greatest ivdeogame story ever written with unique atmoshepre and god tier music.

te only bad part is the fhighting system

No, it doesn't have the Shenmue-esque immersive details and all the combat levels and bosses are copy-pasted

Is Deadly Premonition 1 worth the hassle of replaying? I tried it a very long time ago and despite all of the fixes and ugly graphics and dogshit performance but captivating story and charming characters, I dropped it like a hot potato after the game crashed on me 3 times in a row, corrupting the save file in the process.

Attached: 1538249820974.jpg (1233x1563, 180.15K)

Deadly Premonition is like a mash of the weirdest Japanese story and design ideas combined with a gameplay out of a Russian bargain bin eurojank

yes

Does the Switch version emulate well? It's probably more stable than the PC one

>Japanese story and design ideas
No, I'd say the story & design is very western in it's gameplay.
You drive to a place, shoot up a few monsters, pick up a couple of items, watch a cutscene and you're done. By the way, is there a way to skip all the shooting? I swear the game has the most annoying checkpoint system forcing you to replay 20 minute segments if you miss a single QTE buttton press

No, it's significantly worse. Atmosphere, music, locations, characters, story - everything is either worse or less interesting than in the first game. Pretty sure they also retconned York''s/Zack's timeline and story quite a bit.

One of the big draws of DP was it's Twin Peaks influence. Small secluded town with a supernatural horror/mystery. And of course the quirky characters. Change the location and you instantly lose that comfy atmosphere.
This also goes for Alan Wake 2 by the way, because the games are very similar. The sequel will lose it's identity.

>worth the hassle
No hassle if you're playing the superior 360 version. Basically every other version sucks. If the PC version really is your only option don't bother.

Kinda interesting how both this and Alan Wake came out in 2010 and both are third person action games inspired by cult horror/thriller TV series with great story and dull gameplay yet in terms of execution they are completely different.
Alan Wake is much more polished and looks better, but Deadly Premonition has that weird charm to it which makes it unique.
I hope AW sequel is better than DP one

>This also goes for Alan Wake 2 by the way, because the games are very similar. The sequel will lose it's identity
People complained about the repetitive gameplay in the first game so I think the shift to survival horror will make it more interesting, especially if they take some hints from Control which was their best game gameplay wise since Max Payne 2

youtube.com/watch?v=PlgjtKPtpT8
Friendly reminder

It's dogshit. It feels like SWERY bought into the "LOL SO BAD IT'S GOOD" meme whole-sale instead of the fact that DP1 is a great game with significant flaws. It triples down on all the bad aspects of 1 sometimes doing so clearly intentionally as if its funny (like that stupid fucking mission where you collect cooking ingredients over the span of like a month) and it fixes exactly zero of the issues 1 had. The story and characters are also nowhere near as charming or interesting as 1.

It's a downgrade in every respect and it honestly has no redeeming qualities, genuinely might be the worst game I've ever paid full price for.

Attached: 1648874310546.gif (320x270, 210.34K)

I liked it a lot, although admittedly there could be gameplay improvements. But I'm mostly talking about the location where the game will take place. Everyone loved the comfy location of the first game.

>superior 360 version
>30fps lock
>have to use a PS2-era controller
>720p output

This song sometimes randomly pops into my head
youtube.com/watch?v=rzvXBFwcyek

>no mystery
>anytime there "might" be a mystery it's pretty much immediately revealed and often through a vision that just shows exactly what happen right after said "mystery" was raised
>lots of characters are le funny ebin silly so york doesn't even seem out of place
>ruins zach's character because it's revealed he's a hack investigator and couldn't solve a single case after york left because he couldn't go into those spooky areas anymore, so he locked himself in his room and smoked pot for the rest of his life, despite doing actual detective work on his own in the first game
>ruins lots of other stuff as well but don't want to spoil it
>You can't do sidequests after beating the game or wander around it's just over after you beat it, not that there's anything interesting to do anyways though

The only good thing about the game is that york is in it, he is the star of the show and carries the game, and the skateboard talks aren't nearly as interesting as his movie reviews in the car. Also the gameplay is bad but it's bad in the first one too but the first one had a great story and characters. The soundtrack is really good in the 2nd one though. The game was basically sweeny just wanted to show off his vacation from the "deep south" which you'll hear said about 1000 times. I played it when it first came out there's a lot that's bad with it but

What the fuck happened to Swery?
DP1 just needed some tighter gameplay and some polish in the technical side of things for it to be perfect.
The gameplay is less focused than ever and the technical aspects are a fucking disaster.

It's like he regressed as a game developer.

Attached: tumblr_lstza3jM6z1qdnwiro1_500.gif (499x260, 497.51K)

Yes, superior. Every other version has downgraded graphics, and performance that's all over the place. 360 is at least steady 30. Not like this is some fast paced game that needs high frame rate. Most of the gameplay is just walking around and talking to people
>PS2-era controller
?
>720p output
Caring about resolution that much is gay.

>Swery?
I'm guessing he's like Kojima but even more incompetent

Just imagine how awesome it would be to get this game remade on the Alan Wake engine. Maybe with more options that were not completed in the original releases. Pure soul.

i bought the switch the version and i'm glad it flopped, it's inexcusable the state the game was in
it runs at 20fps and sub hd resolution ALL THE TIME, they updated the game once or twice, fixing none of the issues, fuck this game and fuck Swery, dumb jap faggot

Instead of capitalizing on the silly story and crazy characters he decided to capitalize on the shitty framerate and shitty graphics
Ignoring why people loved the first one in the first place, causing the game to flop, that and the fact that he pandered to trannies by updating some transphobic dialogue in the game

Fuck I completely forgot how stupid these parts were:
>>anytime there "might" be a mystery it's pretty much immediately revealed
He's not even investigating clues in the 2nd game anymore, there is no FBI work involved at all. He literally follows magic clues for the entirety of game and stumbles upon the answers almost by chance.
>>ruins zach's character
This was very dissappointing. He becomes some weed addicted cancer patient on the verge of death and insanity just in a few years after the first game's ending. Visually looks like 90 years old too. Then at the end of the sequel has a miraculous recovery.
What the fuck were they thinking with this?
>The soundtrack is really good in the 2nd one though
Questionable. The skateboard track is great, but the rest is not as iconic as DP1

I still listen to the whistle theme once or twice a week

name anything more cucked than buying games at full price
you literally can't

Swery is a hack, I guess. The Good Life is also a mess.

Does Swery exclusively hire programmers who went to a single bootcamp? How does he find people this bad and hire them.

played it on switch and it genuinely didn't crash a single time.
give it a try.

It crashed multiple times for me, but it runs a lot better than the PS3/PC version. Second best version after the original Xbox

Genuinely liked the Zach bits, especially the part where he talks to himself about eagerly waiting to die to reunite with York in the afterlife, the rest was terrible. Two of my friends who are also big fans of the first time saw the "deadly premonition! lol" at the end as the cherry on top of the shit sundae

The worst part about 2 was how much of a different character Francis was. He literally swears over people being "bigoted" towards a murderous tranny. He didnt even swear when Emily died.

>Emily died.
fuck user why did you remind me
I actually never got that far into the game but it hurts nonetheless

Attached: dp_emily.jpg (1280x720, 109.88K)

Most people don't care about corn and cows any time but dinner time, silly flyover