We loved the crucible knight...

>we loved the crucible knight, so we decided to make a bosses with all his terrible attributes condensed and heightened into one boss

Attached: Elden-Ring-Fallingstar-Beast.jpg (1200x675, 349.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sar6FiqUxts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is Yea Forums so bad at video games?

I speared him while Luthel did the rest
Im tired of big ass enemies that do 360noscope moves while you can only see their legs.
Its boring game design, why cant they make ACTUAL good bosses, where you get punished for summoning besides hp buff for the boss.

This thing took 20 mins of just chipping away at its health.
That's literally all there is too it, because you cannot do anything other than hit and run.

It's also immune to everything, and has 9 million HP.
Not even mentioning the fact that it clips in and out of the ground so you can't even see it before it hits you to dodge effectively.

It would help if you took off the item that makes you take more damage and put on the item that makes you take less instead.

If you come into this fight with appropriate damage output it's actually a really classic Souls bossfight.

That happens because you are fighting a reskinned enemy from another game with a subpar combat system.

Attached: sekiro-boss-guide-blazing-bull-shadows-die-twice[1].jpg (1600x1200, 458.53K)

Its literally just a reskinned boar from Sekiro

WTF.... We got invaded by Reset Era fags (again), and fking journos?

lol when sekiro released people said the bull is a dark souls boss stuck in the wrong game. so which one is it?

Thats just people not realizing you can parry the boars attacks. So they thought the only option was attacking the back

When sekiro released people said all kinds of dumb shit and people here were getting filtered by the ogre of all things.

Just throw gravity spells at it from a horse

i thought you take reduced fire damage from blazing bull parries

>It's also immune to everything, and has 9 million HP.
Holy fuck you fucking retard, it doesn't have 9 million HP, it's his body that has 9 million defense. Hit it in the fucking face to do regular damage. There are three of them in the game and the prior two should've taught you how to fight them by the time you reach the peak of Mt. Gelmir.

I really liked that boss, but I think the one you posted should have been the only instance of it.

I don't remember for sure but pretty certain you don't take damage from parrying the bull

he is weak to fire and has weakpoints on his head and his furry ass. you get very few openings so you should make them count with jumping attacks, there is no reason not to

huh. I need to replay sekiro. i played it on release month 7 times and havent played it since. i think bull was nerfed and even mentioned in patch notes

It's quicker to keep hitting it everywhere including its face, rather than just focusing on its face. Given the fact that it doesn't care about your attacks and will just poise through everything.

Getting hit is too costly in this game so you have to play it safe

If you complain about any boss that allows you to use your horse you are objectively a shitter.

>instant dismount and death from a single homing move in 3, 2, 1....

why is everybody struggling with this one?
literally just run towards its ass and slap that butt continuously and you win
I am absolutely horrible at Sekiro and I didn't even realize this was considered a boss because I just slapped his ass the first time around, as well as the ethereal version later

I used a +9 smash weapon and summoned Lhutel to tank and killed it easy lol

Attached: 1632898161127.jpg (539x396, 124.83K)

he's actually a really fun fight if you don't let it intimidate you and actually pay attention to it's tells

in other words, git gud

You're on a horse, how are you getting hit?

That's what I did as well and I'm good at sekiro.

Hit its face instead
Take off the talisman that is making you take more damage

whats the deal with this
if I stay underneath him, he AoEs the shit out of me, got it, you cant stay under him
if I try to blast him from range, he does the same to me and Im not really a magic user, got it
so you have to stay in front of him and... do what? I cant hit his fucking head.
Not to mention is teleport grab instant kill attack has to be bugged, its DaS2 levels of "get teleport into the enemy grab" that I dont understand in which direction I have to dodge, last time I literally rolled into him and was at his tail and then got teleported into his grab

Attached: astel.jpg (2768x1902, 458.94K)

Crucible knight:
>running stab is an easy punish
>two handed sword attack is an easy punish
>shield charge is an easy punish
>wing dives are an easy punish
>don't panic roll the stomp
EZ. You're bad at video games.
Falling Star Beast:
>most tail attacks are jumpable
>hit him in the face during charge for a stagger
>slow walking spike summon attack is an easy punish
>has virtually no combo strings
>one move that is a OSK if you're a vigorlet
EZ fight. I'm 200% convinced all the talk about the games being hard comes exclusively from shitters. These games are not hard.

Attached: ecksdee.jpg (235x161, 8.89K)

>>wing dives are an easy punish
only if you get the range right.

Stand in front and jump attack. Jump heavies with a great sword hit him regularly. Teleport move is just BS, no idea how I dodge it half the time.

His aoe are well telegraphed so you can get out of there
As a melee user just fucking hit him in his face. Both dex and str have big weapons avaible to them if you're really struggling that much to hit him.
The grab is a timing issue more so than a location issue. Feel it out and you'll be able to dodge it every time after you learn it.

Nigga I can hit his head with fucking daggers so you should be able to

Going to introduce you to the thing that fucks this guy up.

Attached: file.png (200x200, 24.24K)

The spear knight's flying attack is super easy to punish at least.

It only took me like 3 or 4 tries. He wasn't that bad. I guess maybe if you use slash damage. But I guess the Crucible Knights never give me any issues either. I just parry them.

The moment they jump up I just constantly back peddle, roll backwards through the dive. They do some electric slide bullshit after their hit box ends. The punish opening is huge.

just pick up a shield you shitter.

>turns entire body into a hitbox for a simple headbutt
heh... nothing personnel

Attached: FallingstarBeastHitbox.webm (640x360, 304.89K)

>you can’t stay under him
Obviously not for the entire fight but he gives plenty of time for you to get your hits in
> if I try to blast him from range, he does the same to me
He only uses his mega laser if you are at a very far range. If you are at a midrange, which is where most magic users would want to stay, he mostly uses his slowass tail attack.

You should check out some footage from the running of the bulls, it will blow your mind.

Only reason why you believe it's too costly is because you have a fucking scar/soreseal on you goddamn mook.

Absolutely love this fight.
Everything about it is pure perfection.

Thank you, Monster Hunter.

>It's quicker to keep hitting it everywhere including its face, rather than just focusing on its face
In what world is chipping away at its body faster than dodging a face slam and responding with a jump attack on its face? You can even break its posture for a critical or whatever burst damage you've got. You're literally banging your head against a wall and claiming it's a bad boss for not targeting its MASSIVE WEAKPOINT.

>we loved the crucible knight
Yeah, figured that around his 50°'s apariton

youtube.com/watch?v=Sar6FiqUxts
I love when people touch the cow's sides and just explode into blood sacks. Fromsoft did a great job mimicking reality.

Use the basic rock attack and you'll have enough time to avoid everything. High level spells are a meme I've only been using the most basic shit because of how fast you can cast it all

>Getting hit is too costly in this game so you have to play it safe
Take off the Soreseal retard

>it's the shitty bull boss from sekiro all over again

Yeah jump attack seem to work quite well, still tedious as fuck shitbattle though Im tired of huge ass bosses with 90% of their attacks being AoE or anime combono u Im used starfist before flail and cant reach his head properly

Attached: 20220408210722_1.jpg (1920x1080, 380.39K)

I only found one at the sw capital wall and one on top of mount gel, wheres the third one?

Rodeo clips are great examples as well.

Is that frostbite? You do know he's IMMUNE to frostbite right? Jesus fucking christ you're a retard

The shrimp mines

>using an ice weapon on a boss who is resistant to frost
>adds magic damage which the boss is resistant to
kys

Oh, I didn't know the falling star beast was kicking its legs with the same kind of intensity as a riding bull.

Thats not the endgame bosses its really easy with a Good shield or the horse in that arena

Are you able to understand there are people who dont read wikis because no game should require a wiki to complete?
And why are you pissed they way I play it? Obviously the frost wasnt for the boss but for general shit.
And I didnt complain about me not doing damage, but that I did not understand his pattern.
Drone away please.

Nah, bull riding would equate better to his stomp attacks. I was more thinking of all the other bull shenanigans (clowns, can you get this money that's taped between it's horns, etc.).

when something moves it can hit you? woahhhh

Oh shit right the one in caelid, i forgot about that…game 2 big.

In the Sellia Crystal Mine, the same place the teleporter trap at the Dragonburnt Ruins in Limgrave sends you. Meaning literally within five minutes of starting the game you can potentially get in a fight with a fully-grown Fallingstar Beast.

Midway through the fight you should've realized you weren't afflicting frostbite and changed your approach next run
The fight is infinitely less tedious if you do more damage/actually get status effects off. You can changes ashes at sites of grace and then run back to the boss room. You're a fucking retard.

nooo they force me to fight him immediately i can't just leave a boss that's out of my depth for later

>We want the Monster Hunter audience

>complaining about the one on the mountain where you have room to move instead of the one in the cave where it eats up 60% of the space
why

That's not the problem. It instantly moving foward before the heabutt is artificial as fuck.

>get in there in the early-game
>go to the way that I think leads outside since it's higher up than the other exit
>sneak through a bunch of lobster demons that absolutely kick my ass
>finally reach a door that I hope leads to the exit
>it immediately turns into a fog gate with a boss that oneshots me and I do 0.5% damage to
I was so mad
I got my runes back and quit the game to respawn outside of the fog, I didn't wanna lose them

well, when it moves its head while it's moving it can hit you
all other times it's moving it can't

good

Are you able to observe what status effects you're inflicting and the magic themeing around the boss may clue you in on it being resistent to magic? I didn't even know it was immune just thought it was absurdly resistant.
No wonder you struggled learning his attacks.

instantly? it has a clear tell when it stands up.

>can't beat boss
>go do something else and try again when you're more prepared
it's a fucking open world game why are people so retarded

So you're arguing that the back legs on that attack should have a hitbox, even though there's no flailing, because in bull runs people can touch the sides of a bull and not get hurt? Or that like a bull riding, instead of kicking his legs backwards, like the bulls there, he's barely moving and therefore should have a hit box back there? Just trying to follow the logic here.

>if I stay underneath him, he AoEs the shit out of me, got it, you cant stay under him
you can just gotta learn how to dodge those
i killed the first one staying under, second staying on his face
>I cant hit his fucking head
you can, the distance just might be hard to judge at times, rotate to camera so you ahve side way view so you can gauge the distance if you struggle with it, helps you figure it out faster i think

>Midway through the fight you should've realized you weren't afflicting frostbite and changed your approach next run
I also didnt inflict bleed until he had 50% HP, I have no clue how fast the meters fill.

>Are you able to observe what status effects you're inflicting and the magic themeing around the boss may clue you in on it being resistent to magic?
But him being able to bleed makes sense? A being from space made out of stone and stars? Jesus, drone away.

>Hit it in the fucking face to do regular damage
>Jumps back 30 feet and swings a 40 foot tail
>Calls lightning 1-to-4 times
>Jumps into the air like a cartoon and does two front flips before falling
>Does a spectacle attack that takes 15 seconds
>Constantly looks up at the sky for every casting animation
>Turns the entire front of its body into a hitbox with a charge
>Turns its entire head into a massive beam attack below 50% health
>Just hit its face
I'm tired of you idiots being so apologetic for shit design. This boss is tedious and boring, it's not even difficult, it's a marathon fight where you get on your horse and hit it 1-2 times while it sprints around the crater and clips through the ground.

>immune to frost
>immune to blood
based katana fag filter

Real talk, the jump back thing is annoying as fuck in this game. There's so many bosses in this game where I'm just running them down constantly and it makes them a chore.

Elden Beast, Malkieth (Don't remember how you spell that), Malenia (nopes out of a combo with a parry attack and now I have to close the distance again), Olfred, etc. Even some of the normal enemies do this shit.

I hate when I try to hit him while his stuck running head on the wall just to be launched back because my character's hand touched his butt.

>I also didnt inflict bleed until he had 50% HP, I have no clue how fast the meters fill.
You are literally told how much of each status you inflict per hit in the menu. You can keep track of this shit easily.
Him being able to bleed may make no sense but once again, you're a fucking idiot to not realize that the magic horror from space who makes aggressive use of gravity magic is resistant to magic. Most magic creatures in this game have better magic resistance than physical. And all the rock creatures are weakest to physical. You'd have to be absolutely blind to have not realized this by the time you got to EITHER astel