Elden ring

Excel games like this are not fun.

Attached: 1648184004799 vigor_health.png (720x432, 30.85K)

Only PvP autists care about softcaps.

What's an excel game? Another zoomer term like liminal space or game loop?

why is this bad? it's balanced so you won't have a million hp

Should have been a linear stat progression until soft cap instead of this shit

You need specialized tools like excel to make builds

Health, FP and endurance shouldn't be stats at all. It's so fucking boring that when you level up, you end up prioritizing one or two of these depending on your build.

Tell me I'm wrong, and I'll tell you why you're a faggot PVPer who can't handle equalized stats for HP/FP/Stamina.

So like every game ever?

I did a no vig run and to my surprise once I got to leyndell it was essentially the same as my previous run; if I got hit I died with 50 vig just the same as I did with 10 vig.

EARLY game no vig can be fucking brutal, you'll get minced by shit you used to walk through, but late game the experience is basically the same as with high vig.

So really the grand truth is just stop worrying about vig unless you're doing pvp.

What if we gave players next to no returns initially. Now that's kino subverting expectations.

Attached: 1200px-Logistic-curve.svg.png (1200x800, 27.18K)

It forces every single player to commit to dumping points in VIG if they want to have an acceptable level of health.
Baffles me why they did it like that, it makes no sense except to restrict player build choice.

You get next to no returns from 10 to 20 for a lot of stuff.

No that's the joke, it doesn't. It just looks like it does. You just THINK you need lots of HP when in reality you don't at all.
Challenge yourself to a no/low vig run and you'll see.

For what purpose?

You literally do not. Souls games (and by extension elden ring) all follow the same basic rules for stat soft caps. You only care about builds if you're making a PvP character, and even then there is a plethora of character building utilities that are not, and do not even remotely resemble, spreadsheets. Those tools make it very easy to minmax your build as you please.
Stop being a disingenuous cunt.

It is crazy how japónesas always duck tape together their rpg numbers and NEVER know to just use inverse hyperbolic sine or whatever.

>putting points in vigor
why? you gotta do retard shit to even set up healing with a flask anyways. just learn the moves and don't get hit, way easier than trying to brute force fights with hit pools (if you have two brain cells anyways). you faggots got no tactical acumen or ability to optimize I swear.

Every class starts the game with at least 10 in most stats, so you can't go below that.

I want to point out the massive spike between 30 and 40 here. What's crazy is how many people went so far in the game never going over 25 vigor and then can't figure out why they're dying so fast. But for that additional 10 levels you are nearly doubling your health.

That still restricts player choice. If people want to play with one-hit levels of health, that’s fine, the option’s there. For those that don’t, this limits their class creativity. Previous games didn’t do that, why do it here except to bottleneck any possible build variation? Why not just allow both options?

Next you’re gonna bitch about people not playing the game like you did.

That's the problem. "Making builds". Just play the game. People treat it like some sort of MMO in which they think their specific preference has to be catered to instead of taking advantage of the opportunities the game provides.

From 27 to 40 you double your health lmao

That’s not what he asked.

Having extra health let's you tank boss hits so you don't have to face a loading screen every minute when memorizing a bosses moves.
You get to last longer in the fight and thus learn a boss in 5 tries instead of 10 tries.

I mean, it’s not crazy to assume the stats work like in literally every game ever. It’s a baffling design decision, it feels like it was almost chosen at random. It has no benefits, and the only reasons for it’s acceptable come in the forms of excuses like “You don’t need vig anyway!” or “Just level vig even more!”

Maybe you should try a triangle game instead. Remember to not put points in the yucky stat

what the fuck is a soft cap and why is it called that?

>That still restricts player choice. If people want to play with one-hit levels of health, that’s fine, the option’s there. For those that don’t, this limits their class creativity.
>Don't want to get one-shot
>But don't want to level up hp stat either
You are either retarded or baiting

returns on investment significantly reduced beyond that point, as opposed to hard cap where you are outright prevented from investing further

Also known as diminishing returns.

A soft cap is where you just finished getting the best returns.
A hard cap is where you shouldn't level anymore.
The soft cap for vig is 40, the hard cap is 60.

i'm pretty sure i can just click on the stats in the menu to build my character

how is 60 a hard cap if your hp still increases beyond 60?

It's not fucking rocket science. Health and fp and points in the stats for your weps/magic. You don't need excel and you don't need to be optimal just fucking play the game faggot.

>Challenge yourself to a no hit run and you'll see

lmao

Your health increases but it's never worth it to level further.

You could just alternate by putting 1 point into STR VIG and END and it would be totally fine although it's not optimal

ya but that's what a soft cap is right? not a hard cap

There are no diminishing returns after 60, there's only returns and they're tiny.
You get diminishing returns 40-60.

I guess a better word for all this is probably breakpoints.

so why have 10 in the stats if it's the same as 0?

Probably just because it sounds weird to be some kinda warrior starting with 0 dex or 0 int or 0 str etc

So is it not worth going above 40?

Because some classes have less than 10 and its less retarded to say you have 6 faith than -4 faith.

Zoomers have zero game sense and it's fucking hilarious.

are u actually retarded

50ish vigor is alright. You can boost it further with talismans.

Lol it's still worth leveling vigor past 40 for PVP and PVE.

It's worth it to go out to 60. 40 should be your first priority because that survivability is worth way more early on than damage stats or stamina would be. Once you're at 40, you're free to start pushing your other stats, but drop a level into Vigor every once in a while still.

so you can equip weapons. sub 20 is for normal weapon stat check. above 20 is special weapons and scaling.

I really hate how weird ERs softcaps are and how there are actually increasing returns at certain points. Like for a while I refused to put many/any points into vigor or mind because the HP/FP increases were basically nonexistent. But oh actually you basically have to increase mind to over 20 in or to get 6 points per level, otherwise in the teens you're only getting half that, and so there's literally no point bothering with increasing your FP unless you put a significant amount of levels into it. Likewise with vigor, the initial HP boosts are so low that it seems almost worthless. But oh, actually you need to pump your shit up into the 30-40 range where you're getting almost 50 points per level

Yeah they are you smooth brained retard, go complain more about how no one ever uses math in your liberal arts college.

>want to play glass cannon
>get fussy when you die in one/two hits
This is only an issue to people who want to play a meta build based solely around damage, but arent as good as they think they are.

this actually could be fun if the rest of the game was scaled to compliment it, giving that overpowered feeling after grinding it out

Attached: 1389170877472.jpg (640x480, 43.53K)

literally that's what ashes are for. if you have low HP you summon a tank, if you have high HP you summon a DPS or the finger maiden healer

>A hard cap is where you shouldn't level anymore.
not necessarily. You really shouldn't ever go to a stats hardcap
>The soft cap for vig is 40, the hard cap is 60.
wrong, those are both softcaps. A hardcap is where you get absolutely zero benefit past a certain point. For example in DaS1, you could get a max of 10 attunement slots at 50 attunement, and leveling that stat from 51-99 gave absolutely zero benefits whatsoever. 50 is the hardcap.

mind is a shit stat that feels awful to level. if from were smart they would make mind gains dependent on how many points you have in intelligence, faith, maybe arcane

Mind is a seperate stat to make martial and caster builds play and feel different.

oh, it's this retard again. you know i can't tell if you're trolling or not because i've seen enough genuine shit heads that don't know what a hard cap is

>But oh, actually you need to pump your shit up into the 30-40 range where you're getting almost 50 points per level
what should it be in reverse? a level 1 wretch invests 5 levels in vigor and doubles his hp pool is a better system?

or just have memory stones increase fp pool

Dex should have always tied to animation speed to make it worth it. High dex = fast colossal gs swings, faster casts, faster rolls and sprints