Halo Infinite

Why is Halo Infinite dying, Yea Forums? After all the shilling I saw for it in the months before and the weeks after its release, I was led to believe that this game would be up there with the Fortnites, Apex Legends and CoD Warfare.

Even Forza is kicking Halo's ass.

Attached: halo infinite.png (2209x996, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Halo/status/1512414968024555529?t=IiIaEL-Oc0Ahnj9xiTYVeA&s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's shit?

But why is it shit?

you cant possibly hope to compete for peoples time now when you dont update for 6 fucking months

it's pretty short game. people already finished it. maybe they'll do expansion packs later because the game felt like a prologue desu.
when they finally add co-op some people might play through it again with friends

It was designed by a bunch of retards who have no idea what made Halo good despite having 3 different attempts at it

>Mods starting to nuke twitter screencap threads
Finally, the janny won't last long but its nice for now.

Anyways, expect season 3 to be marketed HARD, iirc thats when Forge and Co-op are planned to release

Attached: 1614684164364.jpg (1290x1080, 1.15M)

>No news about actual content
>Just cosmetic shit
At least BPs will be less jewish

343 is an absolute joke of a developer.

They turned the service game into a single player game. 6 months without any updates and of course dying.

>No actual progression for no paypigs
>Tiny amount of maps that get very repetitive
>Very little variety between maps
>Incredibly pretentious developers
>Still feels nothing like Halo should actually feel like
The only thing it had going for it is the price, and lack of competition (COD: Vanguard and BF2042 were also godawful)

How come games like Halo 2 didn't require a constant flow of content update and still managed to have so much longevity?

there were no other games

There was more to that game in the first place and it actually had customisation.

devs took FOREVER to fix big team battle. even before christmas. they burned all their goodwill with new players.

Obsolete game design. I don't understand why people are trying to force non-BR FPS when they're objectively worse than actual BRs.

Attached: 1645026055468.jpg (1440x1216, 740.38K)

It was complete

And that was just to get it working somewhat consistently. Let alone the million of other poor design choices and bugs it had.

For example, one team spawns with a Shock Rifle and BR on their side, the other team gets a Stalker Rifle and the shitty Commando.
Game ends 100-36

Attached: FHbPWMTUUAIrdEm.jpg (1600x4000, 934.26K)

infinite is the first game to make my PC struggle. I have a 3070.

I had to turn stuff down to get stable fps.

>Still posting your own screencap

You have to pay money for fucking armor colors.

Worked fine with 970 at 1440p

I literally had choppy framerates till I turned a few settings to low. no idea why.

Maybe bad luck

there was literally no other multiplayer shooter competition on Xbox.

They couldn't match the feature list of Halo 3.

/thread

Halo was never good if you think about it.

>the action is pointless
>dude check out my 20 bomb
>man I got 4K damage lol
The point is to get the most kills, points, caps, whatever in the timelimit or until objective finishes.

>Halo MP is dead and outdated
finally, i hope this is a sign for microsoft to drop multiplayer and instead design a first person RPG without any multiplayer features

>>No actual progression for no paypigs
2 didnt have any progression either, who cares

They released a blog discussing fan feedback which actually seemed decent.

They know what everyone's issues are it's just up to them to fucking get the work done.

>School shooter themed season 2 battle pass
Let's go bros

Attached: IMG_20220408_140234.jpg (1080x618, 287.94K)

twitter.com/Halo/status/1512414968024555529?t=IiIaEL-Oc0Ahnj9xiTYVeA&s=19

Yoooo, only one more month until a new map sometime within the next few months!

Because FPS are a dying genre

I dont know where the halo infinite shilling meme came from. No one on this board ever thinks a game will be good and halo fans especially didn't think this was going to be good. Maybe if you went to some fanboy halo subreddit or fan site you may have found some retards dumb enough to think 343 could make a good halo game, but beyond that everyone expected it to suck. I mean, there were entire memes making fun of the game when it was initially shown off. After that, an entire year of people throwing shit at 343/halo began. Id wager if you polled 1000 halo fans, even if you can even find that many, only 50 of them tops thought infinite was going to be good.

Don't forget one team gets a wasp and tank while the other team gets a warthog at best. Gotta love those design choices.

Reminder that they said it was impossible for them to add slayer into the game.

Just think about the level of incompetence that required this.

Same. I "only" have a 2070s but I can run the newest games at either max or damn near close and no issues. Halo's servers are fucking shit.

2 was before zoomers like you became obsessed with in game cosmetics and all that other stupid shit. Not like you'd remember.

All the issues with Infinite are due to management and overall handling of the company.

>hire contractors for a few months and get new ones repeatedly for YEARS so no one really knows how the game is programmed and each new employee spends most of their time figuring out wtf they're looking at
>this also means that its nigh impossible to go back and fix something that was done prior

>ignored the playerbase's opinions/ideas until it's too late because management already had an idea of what they wanted and they just wanted to hear people say they liked their ideas
>act confrontational/defensive whenever the community decides they want a change to 343i's grand (read: shitty) ideas

>"Hey you know all those gametypes other halo games had? They're cool, but do the players REALLY need them right off the bat? That might divide the playerbase, lets strip it out of the game and drip feed the content over the course of 10 years. We already said the game is live service, so it's fine!"
>surprised when people leave in droves (200k down to like 10k for the biggest Microsoft franchise) because there's nothing to do, and then get UPSET at the community when they want a regular slayer playlist

>be 343i
>want to make your mark on halo so bad so that you can pump up your management resume that you refuse to reuse old bungie maps in Infinite that the community has enjoyed playing for over 10 years

I could go on.

Lack of input based matchmaking killed the game on PC for 99% KBM players.
I lost interest after they nerfed Ar, Commando and ravager. The best weapon is a pathetic sounding pistol that dominates in every range

Attached: aim assist.jpg (847x485, 42.31K)

Are we pretending Halo 2 had good MP? Halo had no competition back then

it feels like a fake game. or an early access scam. like if el dewrito was missing all the classic maps and assets.

>>ignored the playerbase's opinions/ideas until it's too late
They are still ignoring fan feedback. They don't care because "they" already left. All the new people they've hired have had zero experience working on infinite and are likely scrambling to figure out simple fixes to the code and not worried about forge. But, like you said, they never cared. 343 hasn't cared since they began working on their first halo game. The devs openly hate halo or admit they aren't even fans. I really don't think 343 gets enough shit simply due to there not being many halo fans left. The company is outstandingly awful. To a point where its almost like they get off on it.

how does management still have a job
if these were people working within regular Microsoft they would have gotten the boot years ago

Halo 2 was a complete game

Bonnie Ross sucked more dicks than you've eaten sandwiches

I feel vindicated when I said Halo had stupid strong sticky aim. It's disgusting

There were many shitfinite threads before this game released. Mainly by console warring zoomers. Once they realized shitfinite was shit and nobody liked it, they stopped. Any shitfinite shill you'll encounter will praise the campaign. It's the biggest cope of the current year.

I still remember after the first reveal of halo infinite fell flat Bonnie had some sad tweet about it and all the comments were your typical simp-like responses defending her like she's a little hurt puppy. Fast forward a year later and they release the same mess but with slightly updated graphics. It must be nice to be a woman in the gaming industry....MY GOD. Either you get a respectable career (a lead position at that) you're insanely underqualified for or you just show your tits to losers on twitch.

>how does management still have a job

idk if you work in a corporate environment, but management love to suck each other's cocks so they can keep collectively making mistakes and they cover for each other, they probably have more than a few boomers up top somewhere that thinks infinite being bad is the fault of the guy who has been there 3 months and is still learning the spaghetti code he inherited

The fact halotards complain more about the overpriced cash shop (they still buy everything) instead of the lack of IBM that 343 PROMISED would be on launch and then wonder why every PC player left after a month speaks for itself lol

Attached: controller vs kbm perfects.jpg (1084x709, 169.45K)

None of this happened. Halo infinite cant be the biggest cope because there are not enough people to cope to begin with. In case you haven't noticed, no one is playing this game and even at its peak barely anyone cared.

Fundamentally outdated game design and pure incompetence on 343's part.
If they're going to ape the first three games, which owed a huge degree of their success to the time and circumstances in which they were released, then they should be at least launching the game as a single-fucking package replete with all the multiplayer trimmings like forge and fully-fleshed custom game playlists.
How they've CONTINUALLY failed to do so after numerous disasters like Halo 4, TMMC, and Halo 5, which at best were only good in fragments, is outstanding.
You have to wonder just how cucked MS are given that Bonnie Ross is still acting studio head after a decade of dismal critical mediocrity for what should be Microsoft's darling franchise.
Face it, arena-style shooters and all their offshoots are dead popularity-wise. They're archaic. They had their moment. And the one genuinely compelling aspect of Halo's single-player and multiplayer that made it feel different, the large-scale levels and vehicular manslaughter, has been handled with ridiculous incompetence because 343 are always trying to copy other gaming trends from popular franchises.
Microsoft have even thrown in the towel. They've outright bought Calladooty.

What's worse is that people are praising 343 for their mediocrity. They're praising them for hideously outdated graphics and lame open-world design despite a fucking luxurious development budget/schedule that could have gone on to make masterpieces in the hands of more capable developers.
How are they so fucking slow?

It still makes me laugh though, that despite 343 being formed from the stinky dregs of the original Halo devs who wanted a quick career-boost, somehow Bungie is even worse. Destiny fans are on another tier of cretinism though, so it feels unfair to even compare them.

God damn KBM players are trash. So much for PC Master Race! Fucking retards.

This. Management will blame their underlings, the fanbase for being too nitpicky, undisclosed "challenges" out of their control, and so on. They don't give a fuck.

Yeah it was, you just forgot what it was like

lmao based
Controller chads reign supreme once again!

Attached: aim assist baby.webm (406x720, 2.98M)

The gameplay is actually super fun. But there’s no forge. There’s like 10 maps if that? Season 2 JUST NOW coming this month, with barely anything added. People don’t want to play the same 10 maps over and over when the progression system is as bad as it is.

Seriously though, the gameplay is actually very fun. Such a waste.

>The gameplay is actually super fun.
Not that fun.

The one map where a Wasp spawns (Highpower I think) its even, the issue is when your team is full of bots and someone on the other team waltz into your spawn and takes your Wasp. I've had it happen to me and I've done it a bunch of times.

The Tank spawns have been an issue since the flights and I'm sure they know everyone hates it but there's simply not enough space on the maps to accommodate them at the start of a round.

t. a huge BTBfag

Attached: c0413ba7378f8a2ba27504590604630f.gif (500x697, 928.04K)

>VERY slow movement, sprint and slide are useless
>all wall pick up weapons suck, no point in using anything but Sidekick
>shields mean no headshot damage, so you can't possibly 1v2 players that are looking at you unless you melle
>melle is broken and you can get ninja'd from the front

Quake Champions had better player retention when it went free to play.

2 released with more maps

>shields mean no headshot damage, so you can't possibly 1v2 players that are looking at you unless you melee
This was the biggest thing for me. I felt like I was constantly trading 1 for 1. Made me feel like the only way to make any real headway was to be moving in a pair , which is incredibly annoying to try to do with random idiots in solo queue

pc players are like black people, they don't matter