YOU ENJOY MY GAME? FUCK YOU NO FUN ALLOWED HERE

>YOU ENJOY MY GAME? FUCK YOU NO FUN ALLOWED HERE

Attached: terraria-no-fun-allowed.png (860x1003, 12.09K)

is terraria just 2d minecraft?

Dilate speedrun tranny zoomer

>Have semi obscure multiple path to your """"""""end game""""""""
>This is negative for literally nobody
>Remove one

Attached: 012380918901023.jpg (744x786, 79.29K)

This thing is absolutely useless now.

What did they do?

it can't be 2d minecraft, 90% of the features aren't completely useless gimmicky shit

Honestly a based changed I cannot stand it when almost every singe person I played with just want to speedrun as fast as possible because "the bosses that are all that matters"

They nerfed pic related. Before that it could be used as a shortcut, making a boss optional.

You didn't beat the game anyway with it, it's a good nerf

>used any weapon other than copper shortsword
Didn't beat the game

No because Minecraft barely gates anything except some crafting materials. Terraria has much more progression to it.

nah, terraria has bosses

Feeling the itch again anons but 1.4 Tmodloader never ever. Should I bite the bullet and try Calamity? Already did Thorium and Spirit.

>playing with mods
why? vanilla is so fun and all the mods go so extreme and just sprite edit the same worm or fairy boss over and over

Not sure why they even nerfed. It was just a speedrunning tool for a minuscule percentage of players. Literally anyone who is a normal player or wanting to have fun in the game wouldn't ever use it for the skip.

ehhhh, as a casual player i beelined for the ocean to get this because i cant be fucked to dig stone with a copper/lead pickaxe, i still dont think it deserved to be nerfed

Why the fuck did they nerf this thing. There's literally no reason to get it now.

muh progression system

user, terraria past the first playthrough is just bosses and building houses, I'm not going to spend 20 hours farming a weapon with 8 damage instead of 5 every single time I create a new character

Because in game design you have two kinds of devs
>This compromises my ability to MAKE MONEY you filthy fucking goyim, patched. Buy the loot box
>This compromises MUH EXPERIENCE, patched. Go through the game EXACTLY how I tell you or get banned
You didn't have to look beyond the torch shit to know which terraria's dev is

the first stable tml 1.4 should come in may according to the latest steam note

>traverse the whole map
>crossing corrupt/crimson and jungle/snow biomes with starting gear
>engage in fishing at the start of the game
Honestly you should be rewarded for the task with a good pick.

Which is exactly why it was a cool option. Was.
Games been out for a fuckin decade, nobody is caught in the early game who isn't new and wants to be

its already out dumbass

its amazing how much people give a shit about an optional path in a singleplayer sandbox game
ill just mod another pick in or something for fishing

Personally, I'm one of those " it's fine to do what you want with the game, but don't be angry when the devs patch a pretty obvious exploit"
Even if this one wasn't exactly an exploit, more like devs being retarded with their own game design

It shows how much no one gives a shit about early game terraria.

There are tons of junk items in Terraria. This is what happens when you have long open development and let people see how the sausage is made. A whole lot of things get left on the cutting floor in game dev, but when you let players see it, they instantly can't let it go, hence there's a bunch of junk in the game and all of the decisions about weapon strength, this and that seem arbitrary. That's how game development is. It's rather arbitrary when you get down to it. Fortunately, you can make your own arbitrary decisions and mod the game.

they've added so much shit and the game still has the useless copper/tin ore for some reason, even silver/tungsten are useless, silver not so much because a silver pickaxe is the best pre-hardmode pickaxe for speed along with the undead miner pickaxe. If they made those better the early game wouldnt be such a chore

I beat the Moon Lord recently in my first classic small world. Man....
There's literally no reason to continue playing this game now.

Attached: 1637692568648.jpg (736x736, 47.94K)

play master/hardcore

only way to play imo, classic is fucking easy

Attached: Screenshot_20220408_083155.png (2560x1382, 1.1M)

the devs have a long history of bein autists who get mad if you try and play the game in a way they don't like
see: torch luck debacle

Wasn't the issue with that they accidentally made ice torches better than every other kind?

no, the issue was that you had to use biome specific torches in each biome or else it'd lower your invisible "luck stat" and make getting rare drops harder, which is kind of an issue in a game with items that have a less than 1% drop rate

they undid the decision after literally the entire community revolted

Pretty sure normal one would still work everywhere, BUT using biome specific would give you negative/positive luck

Now they can only give positive one

Terraria is fucking terrific if you have a hard on for progression in games.

I’ve started playing calamity again recently. The latest update made it good again imo. Not as good as it used to be, but I think it’s worth playing. If you play it, try out the ark/biome blade weapon line, and be sure to get the music mod

yes, except good

I like it when games progress in such a way that you play quite differently from when you start out to when you get the near the end, Terraria's a good example with the amount of movement options you get as you go through the game and how the weapons start doing different things.

perma death is for weirdos

>i suck at games

all you had to say

So... did he "beat the game"?

Attached: terraria autism.jpg (2124x3352, 1.77M)

play fargo's souls mod in 1.3 and enable eternity mode, do get fargo's mutant mod too
its the only good mod ive found apart from the qol ones

No all torches were affected, you had to use the biome torch or you would get fucked over

tl;dr

please dont tell me youre that gradient shading itallic wall of text retard

>reforge accs to warding
>play some gun ranged class
>only died to medusa petrify fall damage
this is good gameplay

who?

I bet you actually mine for ores instead of rushing jungle or meteorites you fucking slow retard

Attached: sashcore3.png (2438x1121, 2.96M)

Attached: sashcore4.jpg (1920x1080, 699.25K)

Attached: sashcore5.jpg (1600x900, 449.45K)

It's just 2d modded minecraft minus the tech autism

yep. it was fucking horrible, although the resulting fix was very nice

Why don't you just use cheat engine to get the endgame equipment and then obliterate the game? That's faster.

Valheim is an excellent example of this in theory, it's too bad the game has the laziest devs on the fucking planet and the difficulty is balanced for having about 4 players, so late game areas feel like fucking kaizo mario when you try and take a small trek unharmed.
when I first played it, I was very happy with how each tier provided new types of tools instead of just +1 on what you previously got.

Spbp

Attached: 1649164527103.png (581x535, 381.09K)

>here’s a thing that lets you skip the part of the game that is complete shit and is completely optional
>devs remove it and force you along a specific path because of autism, didn’t like people playing the game in a different way
>fans get upset and vocal about this change
>HURR WHY NOT JUST CHEAT TO THE END OF THE GAME??? YOU CLEARLY DON’T WANT TO PLAY IT
The only purpose the pre-hardmode ores serve is for decoration.

I don't get it. The way to skip (even more) of the game is there. Who cares if it's cheating or not? You want to skip the game, it's there for you. Hell, you can use cheat engine to skip only exactly the parts you want to skip. You can make your skip almost exactly like it would be if you still had the pre-nerf Reaver Shark. The devs figured it would be better to have you progress through the regular game instead of skipping content, it's their design choice, and even then you can still bypass it, and you're still complaining about it.

>The only purpose the pre-hardmode ores serve is for decoration.
This is the kind of person who would also throw a sperg fit if they removed the ores. If you've got a better idea for them, then mod the game.
>full gold armor gives you increased money drops from enemies
Great idea, go for it. Focus your autism into modding or pay someone else.

You seem to be missing the part where the reaver shark is in the vanilla game and was accessible to all players without modifying it. When it was implemented, the strength of the pickaxe was not an oversight as they knew exactly what the value was when they created the item, and knew what blocks that could break. People could use it and it’s not considered cheating or hacking as it’s just a reward you can get from fishing. After seeing how everyone would rather fish for a pickaxe to skip the early game, he got pissy and changed the game to force everyone to collect ores. There was no point in changing it.