Attached: file.png (616x353, 268.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lLuhWLNqpiA?t=112
youtube.com/watch?v=B62ACxuq8Pw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this game requires so much autism it broke me
how tf do people spend this much time to make these flashy stuff

You wish

i remember playing this game because i liked gory games but i couldnt handle it. literally just fell to the floor like a down syndrome ape for a few matches then gave up on it

I wish
Modern Yea Forums doesn't even play videogames

Isn't Toribash Next vaporware?

>He loses to the noob clap

it's like the level of effort actual 3d animation but instead of a transferrable skill its trial and error with the muscle physics

Attached: 1633446459485.png (643x564, 155.22K)

I haven't seen anything on it in years...Glad to see it's still getting worked on.
Also, are the physics different in it or what? Or is it the same game with quality of life features around it

Toribash need a VR mode. Like the standard mkdes, but instead of clicking joints youre able to move with your body. You can move at the same frame youre allowed to in standard mode. It would play the same, but we would have more freedom to fight.

>most complex move i could ever do was kill someone while doing picrel
toribash has so much soul, but unfortunately i'm too retarded for it.

Attached: download.png (489x599, 189.79K)

>Tfw screamed NIGGER in every online matches

I don't really know the specifics, in the initial ideas for it Hampa just wanted it to be like a rewrite for Toribash that made it easier to mod and less limiting in terms of character limits

toribash just proves how autistic people are, look up toribash replays on youtube and you'll see how much time people are willing to waste just to make their mannequin dismember the other one in a cool way

It's literally no different to an animation program
probably the lowest level autism imaginable

Attached: 1620687670115.gif (382x290, 2.69M)

>Yea Forums rooms

Attached: 1630944290323.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

>that headlock

Attached: EcbGZajXkAU_4Yj.jpg_large.jpg (1280x721, 75.46K)

Did something happen or are you just yearning for bygone days?

My brain has been so ruined by the Internet that I can't imagine waiting in line for that long just to accidentally grab myself and DQ because I tore off a limb

Maybe when toribash next releases, but it just seems like a nostalgia trip

Makes the hype moments more hype though

I get plebfiltered hard by Toribash, I always think it seems interesting, then I go online, and this is what your average fucking player is like online:
youtu.be/lLuhWLNqpiA?t=112

Attached: gmn.jpg (2560x1440, 201.03K)

A lot of the online is a lot more lame that it initially seems, the dudes just use starters they've seen others succeed with most frequently and then hope that the essentially RNG point system favours them
That's why the more obscure mods are the fun ones, nobody has preplanned solutions for them

>try to run
>flail around like a brain damaged monkey until DQ'ing 10 turns later
>2 other guys get their turn
>they fight while running like they're fucking ninjas
I'll stick to the yellow belt servers thank you very much

Attached: 1645158350193.jpg (675x1024, 89.56K)

From what I remember, efficient running in Toribash looks retarded. You gotta put your arms and elbows together and bend your torso forward, then run like you're shitting yourself and have a broken back.
But it's really stable.

There is apparently a client that people are playing it with and the few clips of it I've seen all seem pretty identical
The running looks exactly the same

Attached: 1644897469698.webm (852x480, 2.28M)

football

Attached: 1649260299605.webm (600x304, 315.63K)

Wonder how many people you can have before this one shits itself
Imagine a whole bar brawl

Used to really enjoy playing this with people from Yea Forums like 12 years ago.
Back then the Yea Forums rooms were the only ones that where the modes were fun and quick.

The high minimum skill ceiling has always been a problem with Toribash, but I can see it being a popular streaming game someday if some relevant people latch onto it and start to evolve beyond “lol so random this is 3d QWOP” and into “this is something I can grind and get satisfaction out of and my viewers can interact with it”.

It’d also help if there were better pre-set moves that you learn to tweak and eventually fall away like training wheels; I hit just one button to activate multiple joints to punch, but if I want it to land squarely I need to move my lumbar and my leg if I don’t want to get kicked next turn.

That being said you have to throw money at the campaign to get influencers any interested, and that’s something freeware can struggle with. And I doubt many streamers have the intellect for something physics based

my favourite was q-tips or the helicopter one

Nothing matched the motorbike one where everyone was just trying their hardest to even make it to the ramps

how do you play toribash
does it have multiplayer

imagine if a fighting game was 3d, and instead of being real time you make your decisions in x frame increments at the same time
Yeah its multiplayer

This is one of the games where I feel no shame in admitting that I'm too dumb for it. You need to know your limits.

time is frozen
you click on your body parts to change how they will move
time unfreezes
your body moves based on how you set your body parts
time freezes again
repeat until round end
>does it have multiplayer
Yes. Your opponent does the same thing, you can't see what he's doing with his body parts until time unfreezes and both of your movements play out at the same time.
The game also has game modes that change various things, like rules for winning, the terrain, objects like swords and shit, obstacle courses, some that simply change the gravity or the amount of unfrozen time per turn, etc.

I still can't get over that replay where the guy just fucking severs his own body in two and then combos the dummy with both the legs and the torso separately

>the moment of realization between "fuck you ass" and "pls no"

AND IT WILL COME
LIKE A FLOOD OF RAIN

My favorite is when a match has out-of-bounds disqualification rules and the fighters just end up breakdancing on the edges.

this shit sounds fun
and everyone says it was fun
so why is no one playing
why not have a room now
there's /vm/ too if you want a thread that stays up for a long while
then you can just link in in Yea Forums threads

For the same reason Besiege is so fondly regarded but never gets threads
it's extremely autistic
When you see an autist do some cool shit, it's cool, it's awesome, you love it
but then you get in and you flop to the ground and you realize you can't do that shit
You can still try and learn but most people feel intimidated and just quit, it feels impassable to them.

yeah but
multiplayer
even if you suck you dont worry cuz probanly everyone else sucks too

>hey I'm new here wonder what this game is ab-

Attached: 1621947140567.webm (1280x720, 1.11M)

also its easier to learn with people who already know the game too

>Download toribash for the first time with a bunch of friends
>We don't know what are we doing but we are having a blast
Shit is si fun even if you don't know how to walk

anyone knows the mod were both players get thrown forward towards 2 horizontal gymnastic bar, when you grab the bar you start spinning, we loved playing that one last time we didn't find it

For me it's the one where he sends his head flying into the stratosphere and catches it as it lands right before time runs out

I thought I had that one but I guess I didn't

Attached: 1641629829682.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

God damn that's satisfying.

>Not Recommended
>0.2 hrs on record (0.2 hrs at review time)
>"Game sucks"

fine, I'll download it again

Toribash Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=B62ACxuq8Pw

Attached: kirinolaugh.gif (517x469, 147.14K)

Toribash next is 0.81 so hopefully it's not that far away at this point

kek

how do you eveb do this

Bro I wish.

It's too much video game for Yea Forums, they can't masturbate to it. Last time I hopped on about two months ago there were still the old pros fucking breakdancing on each other.

Fuck me I played so much toribash around 2007-2008. Take this bump and I hope that toribash next comes out eventually. No idea why it would take 14 years to rewrite this dumb game but I’ll definitely come back if they ever do revive it

Sorry it’s been a stupid long time but I’m pretty sure that is one of the “trapeze” modes

Same. It was free, and one of the few games my shitty laptop could handle. Used to be pretty into the forums back in the day too. I started playing in 2007 I think, and stopped playing probably around 2011 or so. Read about it in a PC Gamer magazine, "The Summer of Free" edition, where they listed a year's worth of free games to play.

I think there used to be a big Yea Forums presence on the forums in 2007/2008 but I can't verify it.

most of the mobs have very low instagib thresholds so it's easy to dismember things you want to look cool