He's cut content right? He just shows up 10 minutes before the game ends after being mentioned once in the intro...

He's cut content right? He just shows up 10 minutes before the game ends after being mentioned once in the intro, with seemingly no relevance to Nepheli Loux.

Attached: loux.jpg (732x412, 34.86K)

how is he cut if he's in the fucking game. fuck you

>He's cut content right?
Clearly not.

maybe, felt way less rushed than elden beast though

You can summon Nepheli to fight him, though.

>build the guy up as the strongest warriors to ever lived the whole game
>What the fuck? This Gramp just came out of no where?
Did you never read or listen to anything in the game?

He's uncut, there's a shield that mentions his uncured phimosis.

It's true, the weight of his foreskin is what causes those earthquakes when he stomps

>character is built up the entire game
>shows up at the end
>cut content
Are you retarded? Did you think Gwyn was cut content too?

Best boss in the game by a wide margin

This game peepeepoopoo

user when is he mentioned aside from the opening cinematic

I hate that he just kills Serosh like that. Never seen a boss downgrade itself that fucking hard in any game.

There's still a pretty big disconnect between "This guy has some lore" vs "where the fuck did he come from to get here, right now"

Like for being a living legend, he may as well have just not existed in the world until popping into existence for a fight. Every other major figure you're specifically going somewhere to meet them, with context clues as to why they'd be there in that current condition.

Serosh doesn’t do anything in phase 1 though.

That was the coolest moment for me because I had read the item description and knew what Serosh was for.

he's godfrey, you ape. he is quite literally a major catalyst and player in all the events of the demi-gods

>when is Godfrey mentioned?

Attached: 1621901705408.webm (720x1280, 1.96M)

He was clearly going to do something after that. We could have had a cool fight with the duo as the second phase. Instead we get a much easier phase that goes down in less than 10 seconds.

The animation for this cutscene is so fucking awful. I legitimately didn't understand what was happening. Was he ripping Serosh into pieces and sticking his claws and stuff on his body? Was he ripping him in half?

The open world ruined the entire story. I didn't care about any boss or their past.

He rips him off his body and kills him because he fused with Serosh to limit his berserker rage.

no

Where had he been?
Why did he leave?
Why did he come back at that moment?
Why does he have a stand?
Why does he kill his own stand?
Why does he change his name mid fight like that's supposed that mean something to me?

How many item descriptions do I need to read to figure this out? 20? 30? More?

I can't believe they put zangief in the game the absolute madlads

>Where had he been?
>Why did he leave?
Marika revoked his grace and exiled him to the Badlands, where he eventually died. He came back to the Lands Between sometime before your fight.
>Why does he have a stand?
>Why does he kill his own stand?
Serosh was his companion that he fused himself with when he became Elden Lord so he could suppress his bloodlust. He kills it to take off his power limiters.
>Why does he change his name mid fight like that's supposed that mean something to me?
Retard.

All you need to do is to talk to Melina whenever the option is viable.

he is a tarnished like the player

ECHOES OF QUEEN MARIKA

right, right. at some point we just have to admit the narrative in this game is a joke for its content and for its delivery

Nah you're just a faggot that's expecting to be spoonfed because your brain has been raped by Hollywood.

why was there a gate and watchtower for a comedically small half-submerged island

Attached: CDF64FE73DF91E8E9AF54B1E00249786BDA278A0.jpg (1900x2900, 870.15K)

Gotta keep dogman locked up

it's an aoe2 reference you wouldn't understand

>Where had he been?
In exile, away from the Lands Between, in the Badlands
>Why did he leave?
After the war with the Fire Giants Marika revoked his "grace" from the Erdtree and exiled him and his warriors (including the player character). Then she told him to fight, grow strong, die, and one day she'd give the grace back
>Why did he come back at that moment?
Maybe because you'd cleared the way?
>Why does he have a stand?
The lion ghost Serosh somehow restrains his nature as a bloodlusted warrior chieftain and he took the beast when he was Elden Lord so he wouldn't be such an embarrassment to Marika
>Why does he kill his own stand?
So he can be a wild motherfucker again and kill us
>Why does he change his name mid fight like that's supposed that mean something to me?
To signify he's returning to the state he was when he became Elden Lord - and to tell us who that dude in the intro was
>How many item descriptions do I need to read to figure this out? 20? 30? More?
Literally just three. His axe, his armor, and his Ash of War. And the Melina dialog in the Third Church of Marika (wondrous physick Church) and the northern most church in weeping peninsula.

is this true

In my theory he was inside the erdtree, that's why he only shows up once you burned it and get access to the inside
He was probably having sex with marika in there or something like that

>literally just three. His axe, his armor, and his Ash of War
Wish you could have gotten more of his lore BEFORE the twist reveal

He's the best fight but he's stuck between two real fucking shit fights and he's alot easier than both.

Why does he fight you?

Why was he even there? Honest question. He just randomly shows up waiting for you when he was never there before.

>gets spoonfed lore by Melina

So, the "strongest dude in the world" was waiting around until (you) killed everyone and burned the roots, and then decided to show up and take the credit?
Sounds like a little bitch

It makes thematic sense if you're paying attention

What thematic sense? That our noname character is actually the coolest strongest of them all because it's a power fantasy?

WARRRRRIOOOORRRR

Hard Times Make Stong Men
Strong Men Make Good Times
Good Times Make Weak Men
Weak Men Make Hard Times

love how players who ended up following every guide and every video are now totally clueless about the actual fucking story because they were because getting our their weakness charts

Your character is only the strongest if you win, fucking moron

Your character isn't the strongest you just have an unfair advantage: you respawn and they don't. This is in-universe by the way.

>this is in-universe by the way
Not this time it isn't.

You have a seizure while typing?

You only respawn if you die, user

if only it were so simple

I don't get it, you don't encounter bosses before you fight them 95% of the time. What bosses do you meet before fighting them other than friede, gael and gehrman? If it's only happened like three times over the course of all theses games why are you expecting it to happen now?

Isn't he your ancestor and you're his descendant? I thought it was like the final test for the tarnished

It is weird how rarely it happens actually come to think of it.

also Aldia I guess but it's not common and I don't expect it generally

>What bosses do you meet before fighting them other than friede, gael and gehrman?
Nashandra and Aldia

Dark Souls had a loose in-universe explanation of the undead curse respawning everyone and bosses staying dead due to universe hopping / quantum physics / time is convoluted stuff, Bloodborne was all a dream, and Sekiro had dragon curse which shouldn't have applied to enemies.
Their ludonarrative is getting lazier and dissonancier with every game

>What bosses do you meet before fighting them
Gideon
Morgott( although his first encounter was a fight too)
Some Sekiro bosses if those count

Hard Men Make Good Times with your mom

I don't think Elden Ring even really gives an explanation for it. I'm pretty sure the respawning doesn't actually happen in universe this time.