Bad port or are people just stupid?

bad port or are people just stupid?

Attached: file.png (949x599, 881.33K)

totally forgot about this

zoomers got filtered as always

bad port

People are stupid if they bought this on steam.

Chrono Cross was never good nigger

Given the FF port history, I am perfectly inclined to believe the rating is accurate. You just can't release a technically shitty game on PC without backlash. I think the only one that was actually good was FF12.

I've been meaning to play it. It has turbo mode, right? Ashe is CUTE and she should have FUCKED Vaan. She could have made a man out of him real fast.

nah, cc is just a bad game

Another series people say they want more from but not really

It's bad just like the game itself.

It unironcially runs better emulated than this 'native' PC port.

port is fine, it's good even
zoomers gonna zoom

>45 characters but only 5 of them are relevant

you tell me

It's literally just the original game on a PS1 emulator but with a resolution upscaler.

Attached: tim computer.png (1274x714, 1.34M)

If a dx11 game isnt able to run on my Windows 7
Its bad.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (988x249, 72.35K)

>reddit spacing

Attached: 1644359459432.gif (360x360, 99.3K)

Another episode of dev smears all backgrounds in vaseline ruining the entire image.

>using an OS that reached EOL two years ago
>expecting things to work
You cocksucking moron.

I respect that you have made your stand as a Win7 Chad.

But at the same time?
Lol
Lmao, even

Migrate to Linux or W11, stop expecting companies to support an OS that's already reach end-of-life.

For an anime game to get even close to Mixed rating on steam it doesn't have to be just a bad port it has to be an absolutely god awful port

Persona 4 Ultimax released without a working multiplayer because it would crash searching for lobbies. The game itself would not run on screens with a native res above 1080p without fucking around with config files and it uses nearest neighbor for the scaling of its 720p assets and it's still at Very Positive.
And now a month after only a few of these issues have been fixed. Still only shower of praise and memes on the reviews

Attached: 1634915904113.jpg (662x794, 96.85K)

You tell me, OP.

Attached: mojo remaster.jpg (1920x4320, 2.15M)

Why does he talk like a retard in the original, don't tell me you actually prefer that?

So they fixed retardation of the previous translation
Assuming the higher res version on the right is the new version

if some translator added the cringe shit today you all would be shitting on it they basically saw that went what the fuck and fixed it

There's a zero percent chance he has an affectation anywhere near that unbearably retarded in the original Japanese. But go ahead, anything for an excuse to be upset about wokeness or something.

>if some translator added the cringe shit today you all would be shitting on it
while I agree that fixing that shit was a good idea don't pretend these translators give a fuck about what people think of their translations
they brag about fucking up their job to "trigger the chuds" on twitter all the fucking time

based fellow eol w7 user

Attached: w7.jpg (631x196, 24.32K)

bad port and a bad sequel

it has the job system from international but is easier since every character has access to 2 jobs otherwise it's a solid port

The only thing that irks me here is the new portrait has his arm visible partially visible which makes the mirroring of the portrait more distracting.

is this getting a patch or not

>suddenly user feels like maybe Yea Forums's video game board isn't the cool place to shit his pants about political correctness he thought it was

He talks like a retard in Japanese, dumb Squeenix defenders.

Attached: dan.jpg (783x573, 135.83K)

>gives a touching speech reminiscing about the past
>sad music plays in the background
>suddenly pulls out his fucking dragon sword out of nowhere and casually obliterates you
Holy KINO

Attached: 1649334843923.png (686x512, 566.07K)

these ports are usually lazy crashgabs made for another platform and then ported at pc by a couple of people googling "how to make a pc port"

Then they improved it. Affected dialog is shit.

This. Most of the people who love Chrono Trigger never even played it, much less Chrono Cross which they don't even know exists.

>political correctness
what the fuck does these bad translations have to do with political correctness you fucking nigger?

For a "port" it's adequate

For a remaster they missed the mark completely in terms of performance. UI, portraits and text are good but they fucked up the backgrounds

>while I agree that fixing that shit was a good idea
user, they didn't fix it. The characters have the speech quirks in English because they also have them in Japanese. Removing the quirk entirely isn't translating it properly.

>look at all these people getting filtered by the best game in the series.
Shouldn't have expected much from zoomers.

Fuck you its soulful.

>Removing the quirk entirely isn't translating it properly.
It is.
The quirk is retarded and it was translated in an even more retarded way.
This is a 100% improvement over the original

Good, rereleases should correct retarded decisions they made, not preserve them.

Bad port. Minimal effort remaster.
The new portraits and official release of Radical dreamers are fine, but everything else is meh. The upscaled backgrounds are vomit inducing. At least you have the option to play with the original graphics, but if that's the case just use an emulator, as it's a better experience.

Good or bad change, I don't think this has any bearing on the rating of the game.

>user ignores how it was just explained that it wasn't a correction
Also, you conveniently ignore that this was only done for Mojo and no one else.
I wonder why that could be.

got what you deserved t b h

Typical lazy bilinear filter remaster.
All these people pretending to be big CC fans are more annoying than the release itself.

You don't seem to understand, this is a correction, because the original decision to give companions speech impediments was a mistake.

>the original decision to give companions speech impediments was a mistake.
The decision made by the original Japanese writers?

bad port of a shitty game to begin with.

>buying emulated PS1 games on PC
It literally took me less than 5 minutes to download DuckStation, find PS1 BIOS files, and download Crash Bandicoot off Vimms earlier today.
Retards paying $30 for this shit deserve to be scammed.

Attached: 1537247748296.jpg (369x434, 31.1K)

Yes, they are human and made a mistake. I'm glad its been decided to correct their mistake.

I'm not buying another Squeenix "remaster" after playing FF8 and the framerate tanking below 20 because I downloaded a random Windows update.

He says. なんだか わけあり みたいだわらし。 面白そうだから、 わらしも 一緒に行くだわら!
Which is basically a straw pun. It doesn't translate well so it's better to leave it out than to give him mental retardation.

Attached: 1621765869057.png (430x441, 103.23K)

>It doesn't translate well so it's better to leave it out

Attached: 1530236005951.png (251x393, 62.4K)

We already have a pill for that.

Attached: 335389.jpg (3840x2160, 319.77K)

Probably could have managed a couple straw puns somewhere in there.
Maybe.

My favorite part is when they revert back to his original name for one text box.

The joke is literally him using わらし instead of わたし. How would you translate that unless you do a full rewrite and change the content of the entire dialog?

Just give him an affect to his speech with a text filter and call it a day. its more soulful that way than ignoring it all together.

That's objectively an improvement. Who the fuck adds "om" to random words? What is that even imitating?

>Just give him an affect to his speech with a text filter
I am actually 100% fine with this.
Would be the most gracious way to fix it.

He doesn't have an affect in the japanese version. He just makes a pun. That's a huge difference.
It'd be like translating someone who talks in rhymes as having a lisp.