Game has dogshit gameplay

>Game has dogshit gameplay
>But cinematic writing and presentation
>Reviewers praise it as the 2nd coming
Every fucking time. Why don’t these faggots just watch movies?

Attached: EB5173AF-1A3B-43B3-BEED-93B4C2E2EA0E.jpg (616x353, 82.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

za.ign.com/the-witcher-3/89641/news/the-witcher-3-inspired-by-dark-souls-over-200-hours-long-and-more-info-revealed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't writing isn't even that good either. I was pretty disappointed with it coming off of the previous games. Not that they had the best writing, but they sure as hell weren't assassinating characters left and right and the villains were more compelling.

>praised as best open world game of its time
>literally nothing to do for side activities except play cards and fuck hookers

Also constantly reused animations.

Gameplay is fine.

We are in hell

i dont really get it either, i tried all 3 witcher games after hearing how glorious wild cunt supposedly is and got bored like an hour or two into all of them from how lame the gameplay is

I bet you play only other cinematic shit

I gave up on the story when Ciri went super saiyan and shreiked for a full fucking minute to defeat the bad guys. At that point I just powered through because I knew it was almost over but deus ex machina shit like that is the laziest garbage you can do

o-oh.

Attached: 0145454435872.jpg (366x360, 5.04K)

Games used to be made for nerds
Now they are made for retards and the most retarded of all is game devs.

witcher smellovision is fucking retarded and ruins the design of all quests it's involved in, combat is bad, it's streamlined to nothing to slide right down your pathetic gullet

Because in movies you don't play as the perfect anime prince
>special snowflake white hair color
>special snowflake wolf eyes
>superhuman abilities
>peerless swordsman
>famous and everyone knows him
>even all the major political figures like kings and sorceresses
>every woman wants to fuck him, or has already fucked him
>cynical, snarky quips

He's like straight out of Sword Art Online or something.

And?
Soulsborne gets praised when both gameplay and writing/story sucks ass

Never played Witcher 3 before.

I bought the definitive edition over Christmas for $5 on the Xbox store.

I'm waiting until the free next gen update drops this summer before I play it. I'll let you gentlemen know my opinion then.

Attached: 1647683045642.jpg (996x561, 57.43K)

Game journos are movie critics wannabe in a world were vidya is bigger than any other media, is like they are unaware of the industry that gives them work.

some stories are so bad that you automatically suspect a woman wrote them.

>gameplay is dogshit

What the fuck are you talking about, witcher 3 has awesome gameplay, the best side game ever - Gwent, and a great combat model. I don't know what you're playing, but I guess japanese slashers fried your brain and now any game that doesn't allow you to do "awesome" combos and other japanese stuff is shit for you

Fromsoft games have rotted your brains.

> witcher 3 has awesome gameplay
Fucking kek

>B-But dark souls
Fucking underage casual Jesus Christ

I remember playing it 3 years ago when I used to live with my dad and used his surround sound stereo and plasma tv. It was honestly the best experience I’ve ever had playing vidya. Just having the mini-map turned off and exploring the world listening to the atmosphere and immersing myself in the story, truly the most escapist kino experience.

Tell me why Witcher 3 has bad combat other than hurr durr its not like my fromsoftie and nioh games

Witcher 3 is great.
Persona 5 is great.
Elden Ring is great.
Yea Forums will continue seething.

Attached: 001.jpg (800x481, 55.82K)

The fact you keep saying W3 implies it’s the only Witcher game you played casual

It’s shallow, unbalanced and unsatisfying. You would know this if you played any game with decent melee combat.

Do please tell me how Witcher 1 has better combat.

The only way you can think W3 combat isn’t shit is if you never played any other hack and slash games

Elden Ring is utter dogshit

Did you play on Death March? I found it completely acceptable for an RPG

I never said that. They all have shit combat

Combat is serviceable but gameplay isn't just combat, it's also the quest design, the choices you make, the world design, the horsing around...

The walking around an empty open world

>iframes everywhere, as long as you hit dodge half the time shit can go right through you
>inability to cancel the over the top animations
>hard attacks are almost completely unecessary
>forcibly reloading your crossbow even if you just want to shoot once
>completely gave up on steel sword/silver sword mechanic with Wild Hunt enemies, also can't use dead man's venom on silver sword even though its your main elf killing weapon
>whopping 3 types of human/elf enemy types copy pasted through the entire game, enemies do not challenge you or prepare you for bossfights
>bombs dont do any useful damage halfway through the game
>every fistfight is the exact same, fistfight questline is the most god awful shit because of it
>horse combat is an abortion
I could probably go on but the combat is 3/10. Ive beaten it in death march and the problems really show on that difficulty. Its not good, better than 2 and 1 but barely an improvement

>Faggot op has retarded opinion nobody asked for

Seethe casual

I asked.

Attached: E7KiLCpWEAoeV1m.jpg (640x322, 30.99K)

It's a pretty fantasy world, and it's quite large too, it does the job of immersing you.

>game has a story
Yea Forums:

Attached: 1593222806074.png (490x593, 559.7K)

By having shit gameplay and an empty open world

If you retards want to walk around an empty world and do nothing why not just walk outside in real life instead?

The thread is literally about the Witcher 3, are you retarded?

It's a story driven open world game with light rpg elements, what kind of gameplay did you expect?

>>iframes everywhere, as long as you hit dodge half the time shit can go right through you
It borrows dork souls' combat system, you can blame fromsoftshit for that.
>inability to cancel the over the top animations
not a complaint. you should be forced to commit with whatever you want to do. "I win" buttons don't make an engaging combat system, opposite.
>>hard attacks are almost completely unecessary
Yes they are. They're useful for breaking enemy guards and useful against certain monsters.
>forcibly reloading your crossbow even if you just want to shoot once
Did you actually play the game? you can cancel out of reloading. It doesn't lock you into the reload. The next time you pull out the crossbow Geralt will load it, assuming you cancelled out of the reload.
>completely gave up on steel sword/silver sword mechanic with Wild Hunt enemies, also can't use dead man's venom on silver sword even though its your main elf killing weapon
What? Elementa oil is useful against the WH, you fucking RETARD
>whopping 3 types of human/elf enemy types copy pasted through the entire game, enemies do not challenge you or prepare you for bossfights
And what more type of humanoid enemy can there be, niggermonkey? human with 3 arms? human with 6 legs?
>bombs dont do any useful damage halfway through the game
North Wind is very useful since early. And some bombs are actually required for some of the earlier contracts, like the cockatrice near Crow's Perch. Otherwise, yeah, they won't get really useful until you've expanded actual resources into them, just like any RPG progression system.
>every fistfight is the exact same, fistfight questline is the most god awful shit because of it
Fistfights are an afterthought, but no. They're not all the same. Some fighters are fast, some are slow. The fights are janky but some have variation.
>horse combat is an abortion
It's far from an abortion. A real abortion of mounted combat would be Elden Ring and BOTW.

Good gameplay.
See the combat of Dragons Dogma or Nioh.
You are making excuses for shit gameplay because le heck in empty open world!

>Some fighters are fast, some are slow.
Wasnt there a guy or 2 who can fake you out?
Also fist fighting a bear

Not that user but if you don’t think W3 has shit combat then you need to play more games

I play more games than you, guaranteed. Witcher 3 has good combat for a WRPG. Still, if I wanted actual good combat, I fall back to Hack N' Slashes like Bayonetta or Action Adventures like Ninja Gaiden or an ARPG like Nioh/Nioh 2.

I will still call out soulsniggers and Witcher 1/2 oldgood monkies whenever they spew blatant bullocks over W3's combat.

>blame fromsoft
Not an excuse

Gameplay was fun but its just the game is too long that by the end it gets repetitive.
But the gameplay is not bad. Also i enjoyed gwent matches.
But you are right that the praise it gets was mainly because of its writing and quests and how the world is built around quests itself.

But you are malding about that when there's enough for both, theres a game praised for gameplay like mario and elden ring and theres game praised for its writing like witcher and red dead redemption. it doesnt appeal to you which is fine but you need to realize it has a huge amount of audience that loves it, or keep malding and hating i dont care xD

> Witcher 3 has good combat for a WRPG.
HAHAHAHAHA

Sounds like the best open world of all time to me.

>Witcher 3 casual brings up Dark souls
This statement alone proves how retarded you are, no different than the average game reviewer

Bloodborne and DaS3 got mogged. It's time to move on.
>>Witcher 3 casual brings up Dark souls
You talking about my original post? CDPR's devs themselves said the game's combat is Troon Souls inspired.
za.ign.com/the-witcher-3/89641/news/the-witcher-3-inspired-by-dark-souls-over-200-hours-long-and-more-info-revealed

Attached: 1577024706353.webm (604x656, 1.28M)

>Brings up souls again
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
THIS FUCKING CASUAL RETARD

>D-Dark souls got mogged
>B-But also the gameplay is bad because it coppied dark souls
Fucking amazing

A video game greater than sum of it's parts. The gameplay is perfectible serviceable and it excels in other areas.

Attached: Thicc.webm (889x500, 2.93M)

>Retard keeps bringing up Souls
This is parody levels. See

It's the opposite actually. Once you play enough games you'll realize that Witcher 3's combat is just mediocre.

>Serviceable
It's shit.
>Other areas
Like empty open world and cinematic presentation

First time playing a AAA western game?