Why is it's combat so good despite being so simple?

Why is it's combat so good despite being so simple?

Attached: 1648448946092.jpg (817x1024, 201.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTMBrowLEtc
youtube.com/watch?v=d0xutQfLEhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It isn't, Bloodborne did it better

Why are Bloodbornefags so obnoxious?

it isnt, spam block to deflect until you break posture, or learn the swipe timing so you can jump on their head and break posture is pretty counterintuitive. deflect is way more powerful than it should be. the games are so alike but nioh 2 is superior by far

Attached: 1649041801364.jpg (648x484, 53.28K)

im struggling so much in this game i doubt ill be able to finish

Stop hesitating.

Use cheat engine to remove losing half your shit when dying and use 2x HP.

You didn't beat the game.

Why are ER/Souls/Bloodborne/Sekirofags so obnoxious?

See a pattern here?

just spam deflect. mash the block button whenever an enemy is about to hit you. then back up a little and hold down block to recharge posture. you easily kill most enemies this way

>he played on easy mode

It's exhilarating and challenging without being frustrating.

It's liberating that you can stand your ground in an enemy's face with deflects instead of respecting their entire attack string with roll spam. More games need aggressive defense like that.

>you easily kill most enemies this way
going full unga is better for 90% enemies

stuck for 1-2 hours on every single named enemy thats placed every 10 feet in the game. just gonna quit it and play something else

Snoys

Which bosses are you having trouble with?

Bloodborne's combat is a slightly different flavor of dark souls. Sekiro combat blows it out of the water.

I'm finding it tough too user; took a bunch of attempts to kill Gyouba and I'm finding Genichiro and the mini boss below him in the dojo tough. Seven Spears is a cunt too.

all of them. just gave up on fighting anything that seems optional. ive seen people post about the chained ogre being hard and thats the only one that didnt take me multiple hours to beat. im outside ashina castle now and just doesnt seem worth it to continue, havent been having fun at all

Why is Yea Forums so bad at games

Most action games revolve around evading and punishing whiffs, sekiro on the other hand is build on clashing with enemies, and when you get good you will control the flow of combat by forcing enemies into blocking with your R1s. Rather than running away and punishing sekiro is all about constant interaction.

i really wish there was a way to turn off resurrection. i just want to die when i die without some fucking intrusive menu everytime

Hit them until they deflect you, when they deflect you it's your turn to deflect. This strategy alone makes the game way more manageable. New players don't realize that when you force enemies into blocking you are still damaging their posture.

It's not good combat. You're just spamming one basic combo while reacting to enemy patterns. It can be moderately engaging and challenging when you're learning something new, but when you're not it's just boring and repetitive.

Oh

Not only that, you also limit their options when you force them into blocking, since they have less options out of deflecting you compared to neutral. This makes bosses way easier. People meme about L1 spam, but you need to realize your R1 is busted as fuck in this game.

it was designed to reward aggression, instead of running away or shielding yourself from scary enemies, you're encouraged to face them head on

Don't you have an article to type up?

>intrusive menu
>one button press

Attached: 1629121822125.gif (675x473, 3.41M)

It's fast

Like sonic

Falseflaggers trying to make you hate bloodborne, ignore them.

the epitome of ngmi

Sekirofags are becoming worse. Every fucking souls or action thread they shit up

Attached: 1623126701008.jpg (171x218, 14.13K)

>despite
Simple IS good

There's nothing between you and the game. Almost no ancillary mechanics. It's just you and the enemy. It's fast, immersive, visceral. You can 't really cheese anything. It's kinda like how in action games the best fights are always a 1v1 dual with an equal enemy. Every fight in the game feels like that.

It isn't
Prosthetics are trash + require ammo. They should've gone dmc breaker system: get hit while perform a move - arm goes into cooldown or have a skill which makes more spirit emblems drop from killing enemies
No combat arts switch, only prosthetics.
No fun with grapple hook, like pulling yourself towards enemies
>but muh demon of hatred, monkey, horse guy
No
Stealth is an afterthought

Tell that to DMCfags

On why you're such a massive faggot? Yep.

Cause it's actually engaging instead of being the same old roll to dodge.

I liked DS/ER but didn't enjoy Bloodborne (mostly because it runs like shit though) I'd like to try Sekiro next

Because it flows well.

/thread

Complex is good too

>Why is it's combat so good
It isn't

while complexity isn't a bad thing, complexity is not a measure of quality on its own. plenty of NES games hold up with the few buttons on its controller

The sound effects and animations. Same thing for soul games to an extent.

But is it clean?

Good visual and sound feedback, other than that the combat is pretty boring
>Wail on enemy until he decides to counter attack
>Parry counter attack, rinse and repeat
Lady Butterfly is a good of example of this. You can just mash r1 and keep her in a corner of rhe arena.
In the end you just mash r1 waiting to parry enemy counter attack and punish occasional sweep/thrust attacks

Visual spectacle and sound design, same as MGR

MGR sucks though

Guys talk

cus your IQ is low and you eat shit

There is no discussion of sekiro, only shitposting

I'm getting filtered by charmless owl(father), any tips?

Fire umbrella is you friend. Not for the bird, but for deflecting his attacks and counter attacking. Works best on his chasing slice and overhead slam. When he uses his firecracker dodge inward and behind him (his left) and attack him. Lowering his vit is good. I like Ashina Cross the most for this fight, especially because you can hold it in the second phase to check if he’s teleporting or not.

He's weak against pressure.
youtube.com/watch?v=DTMBrowLEtc

cause its a good game

Attached: 20220406195813_1.jpg (2560x1440, 556.47K)

Guess it's just a matter of doing it until I stop slipping up at the dumbest moments
Thanks anyway

He's the most predictable boss in the game that staggers easily
Attack until you get deflected, then deflect once and continue to attack. Rinse and repeat. Don't do this if he chooses to do a shoulder bash, the shoulder bash is always followed up with his big dick firecracker slash combo
Here's me beating him up on the easiest difficulty:
youtube.com/watch?v=d0xutQfLEhI