Untitled

Attached: g.jpg (1083x1252, 176.58K)

ROBEEEEEEEERT!!!!

It is explained very clearly who Genichiro is (you even get to fight him) and his relation to Gyoubu

this it's actually not a zanzibart moment.

holy shit lmao

If thats how it works then there isnt a single zanzibart moment in the entire series you retards.
Nothing is a zanzibart moment at that point.

Is not funny, you can fight Genichiro later on.

>It is explained very clearly who Genichiro is
Very clearly is a bit of a stretch but yeah, you know who that is.
>and his relation to Gyoubu
Doubt.tiff
I'm guessing it's half a sentence about him being loyal to fagichiro, in some item description only an autist would read.

This is an edit, right?

Attached: 1454607348054.jpg (480x640, 12.42K)

Wolfpack...We can't stop winning.

It's not an edit, but you can fight Genichiro afterwards, you get to know who he is, so this isn't like the shitty zanzibart meme

Why would "only an autist" read item descriptions
You can't be this much of a midwit

There’s an obvious Zanzibart Moment (ROBERRRRRRT) in the same game dum dum

Kotaro... Forgive me...

Attached: forgiveme.png (929x923, 1.11M)

yikes

it's explained who robert is in the game

... Forgive me...

Kotaro appears in the game and even has his own questline

Now you understand why the Zanzibart meme isn't an actual criticism. There has never been an instance of a character being name dropped exactly once and never expanded on again, there is always at least one other item description/piece of dialogue that connects them to the rest of the story.

moreover you already DID fight him, he's kind of the reason that the entire game happens

>tfw there are unironic snopes deboonkers in every zanzibart thread when everyone is just having some silly fun with it
it's not that serious you autistic niggers, calm down

>Now you understand why the Zanzibart meme isn't an actual criticism. There has never been an instance of a character being name dropped exactly once and never expanded on again, there is always at least one other item description/piece of dialogue that connects them to the rest of the story.
Right, i thought the zanibart meme was just to shit on fromsofts style of storytelling with the constant namedropping on death. "marika, forgive me..."

People are quite clearly using the zanzibart meme as a criticism of fromsoft's writing

But how is namedropping on death a bad thing?

lmao

fromdrones in full damage control today huh?

it is, you fucking mong.

How so?

>Nothing is a zanzibart moment at that point.
Hey, you're learning! That dumbass tweet made by a retard has no bearing on reality!

>zanzibart. . . forgive . . . me . . .

Not true, they never explained who Sen was :^)

woah.... how emotional... and mysterious... JUST HOW DOES MIYAZAKI CREATE SUCH COMPELLING CHARACTERS EVERY TIME

Let's try to pull up all references to Genichiro and Gyobu leading to this moment:

>Wolf faces Genichiro Ashina and gets his arm cut off at the beginning of the game
>one mirage/phantom right before you face Gyobu exists, where Genichiro is trying to appeal to Kuro's humanity by showing war causalities. Kuro staunchly refuses him regardless as he knows it will only spread Dragonrot
>before facing Gyobu, there is one eavesdrop of two people confident in Gyobu's ability to guard the gate, calling him an "Oni" or a "Demon"
>on entering the arena, Gyobu exclaims that Wolf will not pass the castle gate, to which Wolf concludes that this is "Oni Gyobu"
>on the first revival, Gyobu exclaims that he will strike Wolf down as many times as it takes
>on second revival, Gyobu seems annoyed and exclaims how Genichiro has many worries/problems and decides that Wolf is one of them. He probably had no idea who Wolf even was, it seems like a compliment to Wolf's resilience
>on killing him, he asks for Gencihiro's forgiveness as shown in OP's post
>talking with the old lady at the watchtower after his death, has the lady come to the conclusion that "Oni Gyobu" is dead.
>Gyobu's memory just describes him as the Castle gatekeeper
>remnant of Gyobu's memory is pic related, and states that Gyobu is Genichiro's most trusted retainer

As far as I can remember, these are all the references. Now you fellow autists can decide if it's written poorly or not

Attached: gyo.png (668x146, 45.18K)

>Shazamtrannies are so mindbroken by getting fucked in the ass that they think the words "Forgive me" are now a cursemark

Attached: shazam.jpg (1024x813, 179.8K)

Why would anyone else read them instead of, you know, playing the game?

Wasn't there a piece of lore somewhere that explained Gyoubu's origins? I remember it saying he came from a poor family and his only saving grace was how good he was at killing, but I might be wrong about this

YOOOOOOOO
This is just like that tweet I read

Attached: 4646.png (672x410, 484.31K)

Yes but it's attached to the spear prostethic tool which you can't get until after killing Gyobu.

That's really cool

Cause they're interested in the lore, why else?

Yeah, so autists.

You're on Yea Forums, you probably shouldn't use autist as an insult. You know, stones and glass houses and all that?

No it doesn't, I have no clue what either of you are going on about
Gyobu was a bandit before facing Isshin, that's where any references to his past start and end.
The remnant states this:
>Gyoubu Oniwa once led a group of infamous bandits, but was defeated by Isshin, who was so captivated by his show of strength that he took him in as an Ashina warrior.
>Oniwa would later go on to become Genichiro Ashina's most trusted retainer.

Attached: brokenhorn.png (630x134, 32.1K)

Nothing IS a Zanzibart moment. It's a retarded meme and easily debunked. From's style of storytelling is perfect for videogames because it's interactive. It makes the player much more active in learning the story, and makes far more sense in a videogame than a non-interactive cutscene that is essentially just a short movie inside the game you're playing.

What makes you think it was an insult?

>Spend years playing Sekiro
>Keep failing all the copy pasted Gyoubus because I keep instinctively keep pressing L1

Attached: 1615302043781.jpg (648x648, 45.65K)

now THIS is some normie-calliber gaslighting lmao

>man guarding the entrance to Genichiro's castle
>SHOUTS VERY LOUDLY ABOUT HOW HE IS THE STALWART GUARD OF THE CASTLE
>dies
>"Forgive me Genichiro"
OMG THIS IS SO FUCKING CRYPTIC WHAT COULD IT MEAN????? ZANZIBARTOOOO!!!?!?!

>From's style of storytelling is perfect for videogames
Thanks bro, I really needed that laugh today

>post yfw soulsfags will FOREVER be btfo from their EPIC game lore that just makes you speculate over 2 rocks on the ground and some dying wombat's literal who name all thanks to based Zanzibart

Attached: 1632292545153.jpg (395x401, 59.49K)

Yes he was wrong about Gyobu growing up poor, he probably conflated his backstory with Genichiro's, but I was answering his question that there is an item that explains Gyobu's backstory.

Oh I'm not sure maybe just the vitriol on display here

>yfw you unironically support memes made by modern Borderlands writers

just why did the mercurial genius of miyazaki place those 2 rocks there.... what does it all mean......

If you like Sekiro lore I'm here to shamelessly shill Shetani's Lair channel on youtube. She focuses on stuff that was lost in translation (of which there is a lot in Sekiro) and in general her videos are very informative.

this has to be a joke, genichiro is the first "boss" you fight

People clown on Gyobu for being the first boss with a lot of wide openings to get hits in, but he actually is rather hard to "perfect"
He mixes up slow wind-ups and quick swings all the time, making one hesitate often
There is no shame in recognizing that he can be a toughie at times

Attached: 1598908439484.png (1993x1000, 3.59M)

I'm always reminded of that one video speculating over a mirrored texture/texture seam in the Lost Sinner's boss room in DS2. Soulsian lore writing is pretty transparently just a crutch used by a writer who's trying to work around his weaknesses, and people are gobbling it up, praising it as genius. I guess in a way it really is.

>she
rule 30, newfaggot

user
You can listen to her speak
She is a lady
Unless you're going to go the crazy line of thought that "he" is using a voice modulator to express as a "she"
Which would be a schizo theory

Attached: 1598043963539.gif (560x533, 150.69K)

Now you're getting it

She speaks in her videos with a quite obviously female voice.

Cause Sen isn't a person, but that cheeky smily tells me you already know that.

It's true. If you don't care about lore/story you can ignore it and just play the game, if you do care there's mountains of lore for you to chew on, how is that not a perfect system?