Comfy Elden Ring Thread

Discuss builds, characters, etc.
Have you beaten the game yet? Favourite Boss? Least favourite? Best and worst areas? I want to hear what anons think

Attached: EldenRing.jpg (1193x923, 588.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-04-06-why-did-so-many-people-buy-elden-ring-gi-asks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do people buy Elden Ring?
Because it was shilled to them
>When we asked this group of new players why they were interested in Elden Ring (they could select multiple responses), 80% said it was the open world setting that attracted them this time. 67% said it was the critical reception that won them over, while 28% said it was the result of influencer recommendation (whether via YouTube or social media).
Open World + paid off Games Journalism scores + YouTube e-celebs = instant success

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-04-06-why-did-so-many-people-buy-elden-ring-gi-asks

All you need is open world, paid off journos and e-celeb shills and all the NPCs will buy your game by the truckloads

My favorite build so far is a Golden Halberd STR warrior, but bleed builds are objectively the strongest

what does this sort of work pay? $5 a post?

I'm running a Str/Fth build, not sure if I've optimized it properly, 60 is softcap for most stats now isn't it? I was running claymore most of the game but I've swapped to golden halberd and it's fun, may pick up the blasphemous blade soon too
Not sure if I should respec to put more points into faith

Based taste

Attached: StrFth.png (1118x647, 658.19K)

I did it Elden Bros....

Attached: 18004de50b946-screenshotUrl.jpg (3840x2160, 397K)

How does early ng+ compare to normal haligtree difficulty wise?

80 for damage scaling stats

What do you say Yea Forums, should I play ng+ or wait for the DLCs? I don't like replaying games that much, one time is enough for me.

Very similar to you, I run blasphemous blade with bloodflame incantations. It's fun and looks cool

Depends. Do you want to see the other endings for yourself or do you just want to watch them on YouTube?

I had almost the same stats by the endgame but with the addition of 30 INT. I like leveling everything, it doesn't make you OP since there's no min maxing

When finished my first playthrough last week I've look up every other ending on YouTube already. My reason for playing again is more to wander the world again etc.

>absorb flame of frenzy
>melina goes away
>burn the erdtree
>use miquellas needle
>now melina is alive and will witness me fucking Ranni on the moon
this is true evil frenzyfags

Attached: Elden-Ring-Ending-Lord-of-the-Frenzied-Flames.jpg (1600x800, 150.68K)

I'm going sword and board, honest to goodness soldier.
I only have like 10 hours and have no idea what stats to invest. Any tips? I don't want to screw myself up because I suck already.

I died to the second chariot in Gelmir Hero Grave about 10 times because I assumed it wasn't the one you're supposed to jump on. FUCK

Lmao butthurt horizon zero sales dev

Am I the only one that thinks that malenia and radagon are the only hard bosses in this game? And radagon is more annoying than hard too

I beat the game as a dex/faith character, now doing a str/int character with the rusty anchor

Do consumables (rune ones, specifically) carry over from NG+? I've never bothered doing it with a Souls game before, but I might since there are so many different weapons/spells to try and I've been using the same shit for tens of hours. I'm at the very end of the game (I think) and am wondering if I should just pop all my rune consumables to get as fat as possible, or if those carry over.

>bandai jewco who are so broke they refuse to put all the original souls game on sale paid influencers and reviewers to rate the game
now I've seen it all

choose str or dex, bring it to 20. Can do both to 20 if you're still experimenting
vig to 40, level it at a 2:1 ratio to other stats
end to 25
faith to 12 if you want utility, super good for basic support, 15 for extra dps
bring str or dex up to 80 over time
MND as needed if you make heavy use of L2

OH BOY ANOTHER ELDEN RING THREAD!

Just pump vigor for more health until you find some weapon you like and then whichever stat it scales best with.

Jesus christ how horrifying, people are discussing video games on the video game board! MODS!

100%
STR using Uchigatana and STR ashes.
Best: Dragonlord Placidusax
Worst: Ulcerated Tree Spirits
Best Area: Caelid
Worst Area: Nokstella

>Favourite Boss?
Godfrey/Hoarah Loux. it's like they took the giga chad meme and made a boss out of it.

Are there any boss items that are worth getting other than Rennala's scepter? I'm close to the end of the game so I figured I might as well consume the remembrances I won't need to lvl up some more. Just want to make sure if there aren't any must have boss items for other builds in case I want to respec.

>kilometers of shores and beaches
>not a single boat/wharf level or dungeon

So how come Horizon: Forbidden West did all those and didn't sell as well?

Strange how it's this easy but for some reason the only RPGs in the last decade that had this sort of success were Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Elden Ring. You'd think publishers would follow this foolproof strategy you laid out more often than once every 6 years.

Post favorite ashes of War. I slapped this bad boy on my Great Stars with scorpion charm and was wrecking shit left and right. Helped me on my first Malenia win too, wish I knew about it sooner. Absolutely murders poise.

Attached: ash_of_war_flame_of_the_redmanes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 26.09K)

>not discussing identity policies, politics or transsexuals
MOOOOOOOOOOOOODSSSSSSSSS

fuck this place

Attached: ksnip_20220407-133013.jpg (2560x1440, 215.08K)

I seriously don't know what to do anymore with Malenia.
Poor old me can't beat her normally, I also can't beat her with the help with the mimic/mausoleum guys/Tiche and going to Rennala to radically change my character's stats would feel like going too far to me.
Should I just push forward the final bosses and wait for not-so-probable patch that will make her fight fairer?

Attached: 1649061943023.jpg (493x312, 26.04K)

Design wise I thought the ulcerated tree spirits were absolute kino. Even the boss fight was cool too, even though the first time you face him you're probably way underleveled so he will stomp you.

What's wrong with it?

Waves of Darkness was OP on my Golem's halberd, it destroyed mobs and dealt massive amounts of poise damage 3 times

ice spear. I started the game as astrologer, planning to play a standard mage, but once I found that aow I just couldn't go back. Hits like a fully charged glintstone cometshard for a fraction of the FP cost and deals a ton of posture damage.

Jump on the back of the cart and enjoy the ride

Thanks bros

I would just keep it around then. If you enjoyed it you're bound to want to fight some of the cooler bosses again at some point.

>Figured out my art of war had a second attack that gives my weapon a flame buff
I've been gimping myself this whole time.

Attached: ash_of_war_flaming_strike_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 26K)

>Lion's Claw
>Battlehammer
>Flying Downward Somersault Thwack
Pretty fucking hilarious

Attached: 1442551918347.gif (480x360, 1.98M)

Keep at it, you'll get it. You don't have to constantly time the Waterfowl Rolls, just sprint away after the first dodge

Holy shit this, I was wondering where the slash to this attack was. Reminded me the flame prosthetic attack on Sekiro. Kind of wish ER had Sekiros burn mechanic.

Why don't you summon cooperators if you're over it already? There are plenty of cooperators using meta builds that would maul her

>Have you beaten the game yet?
Yes.

> Favourite Boss?
Probably Radahn but most of them are kinda samey.

> Least favourite?
Maliketh because it feels like I only beat him because I got lucky.

>Best and worst areas?
Best is Stormveil Castle easily. Worst is everything that isn't a Legacy Dungeon.

You can stay in NG after the final bosses so you could leave her for last.

>people replying to this bullshit troll post
You can tell that his poll is horseshit because 0 of the options are, "I liked previous Fromsoft games"

The point of the open areas is to search for the closed areas, they're not bad, in fact many areas were cool like the giant bears forests and such.

My problem is that keeps healing from my spirits in the second phase.
Tiche smack her repeatedly at in the first phase but after that she just keeps running into Malenia's constant attacks, dies and leaves to fight her alone and there's absolutely no fucking way in hell I can beat her as long as she heals even from hitting my shield (I can't dodge all her attacks, especially when she starts chaning shit left and right).

Attached: 1649344135867.jpg (1300x1000, 712.37K)

On my 5th playthrough

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Machikado Mazoku - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.19_[2019.07.19_18.26.53] (2).jpg (1280x720, 124.06K)

>le epic edgy npc meme
fag

you troons need a new script

Attached: 1649154634293.png (1311x32, 14.41K)

Because Horizon Forbidden West has an ugly dyke as the main character while based Elden Ring is filled to the brim with waifus

I'm on PS4 with no PS+ so that's not an option for me unfortunately.

why are there so few str/fai weapons

Giant Hunt on the zweihander. it'll juggle most human sized enemies and the upwards strike will hit large monsters

>we need Yea Forums to be about hating trannies and e-celebs
have you tried playing video games and talking about them on the board for playing video games and talking about them?

any decent weapon arts for whips? Feels like anything cool is either an elemental thing that doesn't allow for your respective infusion class, or it's something that can be used on anything BUT whips

I guess there's stuff like quickstep but it's so boring

Infuse shield with frostbite or bleed and slap the shield crash art of war on it and you can very reliably stagger her out of waterfowl safely while doing good damage

fair enough

Attached: 1618593791736.jpg (2560x1440, 235.85K)