(Insert Coin)

(Insert Coin)

Attached: the-house-of-the-dead-remake-button-1618646295068.jpg (1000x1000, 194.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cQiqiohL70w
youtube.com/watch?v=YWJwko6q9Qs
youtube.com/watch?v=MezDts-449Y&ab_channel=FlamingoCocktail
youtu.be/cXqt2J9iJOk
youtube.com/watch?v=rZihJ06NWYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

am i doing something wrong or do the gyro controls just fucking suck

RELOAD

RELOAD

that fucking too jesus christ

PC release fucking when?
and VR support too, it's the perfect genre for it.

Not entirely related but, are there decent but still cheap light pistols or something alike for pc?

depends on your idea of cheap, since old lightguns can't work on modern monitors you'd need something like a Sinden or Gun4IR

How is the game? Good buy for the switch?

I'm still gonna get it but fuck they butchered the absolute shit out of the Magician's theme... how do you fuck up the most iconic song from the series?!

youtu.be/cQiqiohL70w

it looks so fuckin awful but im still tempted to buy, i really liked the Wii 2&3 collection but gyro is dreadful, i have yet to find a game that feels natural to aim with that shit.

Oh wow, that sucks balls. I mean it's an okay song, but not a replacement for the original magicians theme aka best song in the series. The top comment said it might be a rights issue which is unfortunate if true. If this game comes out to PC I'd bet there'd be a mod to put the original song back instead.

Attached: 1649233856633.jpg (1230x1232, 394.33K)

fuck you

Why does Magician move so slow?

Played a run of it, everything feels off, the shooting, the feedback, the enemies animations and patterns, everything has the stank that it's a no budget fan recreation rather than an official product for sale, gyro sucks in this one as well, needs to be recalibrated every 5 seconds.
Where the fuck is M2 and why werent they in charge of the remake.

I’ve seen people say it’s a copyright issue and the devs saying they don’t have the original composition sheets for the original game. Can’t find a source for either, though. Thankfully when it comes to PC mods can easily fix it.

Everything’s good but the controls. It’s borderline unplayable without aim assist on max. Even then it’s always off. Hitting a button for reload instead of shooting to the side is also shit.

I spent a fortune playing Ghosts n Goblins back in the day. 10p for 3 lives is the best way to play.

Was the Sinden actually good?

hitting him full speed and movement pattern with these fucking gyro controls would be impossible
no idea why he has like twice as much health though, and his attack rotation feels completely different

Lol

GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT EVERY BOSS IN THE SERIES HAS ITS NAME TAKEN FROM TAROT CARDS?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Attached: 1638555502724.png (346x357, 171.59K)

This, it's fucking sinful that we don't have a house of the dead collection on PC with VR support that emulates an arcade cabinet. At least we have EmuVR but damn it just seems like a no brainer for sega to release that especially since Typing of the Dead: Overkill is on steam and the Sega Megadrive Collection has VR support in their native wrapper so it's not like VR would be new for sega.

Attached: hotd2emuvr.jpg (1146x1146, 122.74K)

>wasting your money on HOTD when time crisis is ten feet away with an uncalibrated laser and broken force feedback

If the franchises were people, they'd be best friends.

Attached: both.jpg (600x600, 37.54K)

I didnt waste money because the machine was broken. Every time you kicked it it gave you an extra life

Persona invented tarot cards.

This remake already has a listing on the Playstation store with a TBC release date, so we'll be seeing this on other platforms sooner than you think.

where the fuck is the nsp

there's a reason they literally put a reset button on the controller, joycon gyros are sloppy drifting shit sometimes

Why are the colours on the remake so shit? Everything is a different shade of red and it's so fucking misty.

In the original the characters, and zombies, and interactive scenery is obvious and stands out. And the colours clearly define the foreground and background. This shit just blends together and looks like mud. It's a shame. I'm really itching for a proper light gun shooter with a proper gun.

That's cool, I'm sure a lot of work went into the remake and I don't want to diminish that, but I'm referring more to like, a PC release that is the collection of at least house of the dead 1-3 (I can give or take 4 and Scarlet Dawn) and like, you can put on a VR headset with motion controls where it puts a 3D model of the IRL arcade cabinet in front of you, original plastic light guns and all, and lets you play through the series. I'm asking for the original games. Also, bring the original Typing of the Dead to steam too, even if I can just easily play the dreamcast version through retroarch.

I though it was Jojo...

>I can give or take 4
>give or take the best one
Cringe.

Heads up if you want to access the other power weapons you first have to unlock the Armory by rescuing all scientists on a single run. So that really only means chapters 1 2 and 3 but fuck if I don't miss just ONE trying to do this shit

Attached: HOTDRemakeRoganGChap2.jpg (1476x676, 130.66K)

cool cool, ive been accidentally doming scientists the entire time, maybe in a couple days lol

I am uncomfortable with how pronounced his leather is

I had lots of fun playing them. I miss going akimbo for fun

I'll be honest with you, while 4 has a fucking kickass soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=YWJwko6q9Qs
I find the gameplay itself to be less engaging than the previous games, I don't like the QTE weapon shake mechanic, I don't like how it just throws crowds of zombies at you that you can mostly spray-fire into instead of asking you to react quickly to like 1-5 of them with precision, and I feel like the general atmosphere of a light gun game doesn't suit PS3 and above levels of graphics since usually that involves a 30fps cap too which is like capping a racing game at 30fps, just completely unfitting in my eyes.

I have actual REASONS for not caring about HOTD4.

Garybros...when's gonna be our time?

Attached: Screenshot_20220407-124842_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x767, 147.76K)

>”he bought?”

I liked 4 more than 3. The shotgun is so cool to use but it has no real impact on the game. When you shoot is just a regular shot from a revolver, not a big ass obliterating lead explosion... That´s why I preffer 4, cuz you are holding an uzi and that gets translated into the game.

The shake mechanic is fun but IT GIVES YOU BLISTERS IN YOUR FINGERS. Me and my friend got to play with gloves. People laught at us and called us "Columbine dudes" but we don´t ever had blisters from playing ever again.

If not for Scarlet Dawn, 3 would easily be the worst of the series. The environments are such an eye sore, just generic brown / grey non descript office environment. Death is one of the worst bosses of the series, as if that wasn't bad enough you have to fight him TWICE.

> using joy cons or a gun
They better release a light gun or gun software.

Attached: I hope so.png (1080x1068, 229.37K)

Yeah, also, he was too much for a first boss.. Too fast and spongey. I didn´t play much 3 though. I should get the Wii version sometime.

this, what the fuck
If there's one genre that should have VR support it's classic style arcade shooters
If Carneival, time crisis, and hotd were remade in VR I might actually get a vr set

>tfw

Attached: hotdremake.jpg (1300x957, 193.38K)

>Me and my friend got to play with gloves. People laught at us and called us "Columbine dudes" but we don´t ever had blisters from playing ever again.
Extremely based.
Anyway, I never minded the fact that the shotgun was basically just a stand in for a regular gun, it still acted as a single shot weapon. I think Uzis have no place as a PRIMARY weapon in a light gun game, the only time I've ever enjoyed a machine gun in a light gun game was Time Crisis 3, because it was a limited ammo asset that was meant to be something you take out in emergency situations, if you have a machine gun as your primary weapon then where's the fun in that? You don't ever need to fan fire your light gun you just hold down the trigger, which is boring.

Kinda makes me want to see a light gun game that is built around a bolt action rifle, but fuck knows those would be broken as shit within the week at your arcade.

I never really gave much thought about the environments, I was too focused on blasting the zombies. As an aside, isn't it fucked up that emulating the PS3 version of HOTD3 is actually a better experience than trying to get your hands on the native PC port? The early 2000s sucked for PC ports of console games.

Attached: HOTD3 RPCS3.webm (640x476, 2.95M)

Wow surprised nobody talks about this game much anymore

Jesus Christ they fucked up the Magician's theme so bad

Attached: 1630545413992.jpg (516x516, 28.68K)

What the actual FUCK

Attached: massacred.gif (480x265, 3.62M)

god switch joycon gyro is so fucking garbage it's unreal

Death is fine to me. Every other boss has an issue though
>The way Fool works makes it really hard to not get hit at least once
>Sun is really boring
>Wheel of Fate is just really hard

Is it as good as the HoTD ports on Wii?

I might be wrong, but I think the Fool is so poorly designed that if the cancel bar starts at a certain part of the arena it's literally impossible to damage him enough to avoid getting hit

were all the bios and descriptions in this game written by an ESL? did they just yoink it all from the fucking wiki?
the difficulty in the bosses in 3 is pretty fucked across the board because you reload at half the speed in the console ports and the bosses clearly arent designed for it. the one attack from the wheel of fate that charges at you is mega fucked

GOLDMAN!!

I did not think it would be this bad.

Attached: HotD.png (1180x570, 1.01M)

i was excited this but no, it runs like absolute dogshit and looks pretty bad overall, that's not to even mention the changes to the art direction and the horrible horrible flash game tier UI some intern cooked up in photoshop

>if the cancel bar starts at a certain part of the arena it's literally impossible to damage him enough to avoid getting hit
When he starts climbing horizontally towards you he's using THREE cancel bars to cover that distance. The game isn't fucking up, it's intentionally designed that way. If you didn't repel him quick enough on the first two cancel bars he will hit you on that third. If he does hit you at any point during those three cancel bars your character will move and reset the distance between you and him.

Attached: file.png (1178x902, 502.78K)

Lmao

>photoshop
giving too much credit, you could pull shit one using paint.

Attached: main_menu.png (863x482, 570.09K)

I didn't play their Panzer remake, was that as hacky as this? I cant believe this was released.

it just makes me sad i feel like i could literally do it better and that's embarrassing because im a fucking retard

I've been waiting for you

friends

youtube.com/watch?v=MezDts-449Y&ab_channel=FlamingoCocktail

It's such a shame that we lost lightgun games at home when HDTV became standard. I know there were games with the Wii Remote and Move but it's just not the same. I still have House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission for Dreamcast and a CRT to play on but my lightgun has been fucked for twenty years. I've got a Saturn too, is it worth trying to get a lightgun for?

You can play the non shit version on PC with fixes already

that music sounds like a royalty-free version of Magician's theme lol

Lately I use my VR headset with EmuVR to play light gun games.
youtu.be/cXqt2J9iJOk

Just another notch in the "older game preservation would be absolutely FUCKED without emulators" belt, I guess. Wish companies would give more of a shit about keeping these things alive, since I have money ready to give them, after all, I don't even like Overkill as much as some other house of the dead games but Typing of the Dead: Overkill flew into my steam library once I learned it was on steam.

Rather play on my Saturn with a light gun.

Jojo is a Persona spinoff series

I'm actually watching a video about this right now, thanks user

>As an aside, isn't it fucked up that emulating the PS3 version of HOTD3 is actually a better experience than trying to get your hands on the native PC port? The early 2000s sucked for PC ports of console games.
IIRC there are fixes to HOTD games, I don't know if it includes 3 but 1 and 2 are better on PC

>TFW Western release never ever

Attached: typing of the dead 2.png (749x561, 299.26K)

player sucks hard, but enjoy:
youtube.com/watch?v=rZihJ06NWYA