Waterfowl is the worst attack in the entire game, it's basically just an instant delete button...

Waterfowl is the worst attack in the entire game, it's basically just an instant delete button. I have tried dodging every which way and running away from the fucking thing, and I just cannot wrap my head around this. If it weren't for this single attack, she'd probably be my favorite boss of all time simply because she actually makes you learn the fight and forces you to not get hit.
So, anyway, how the fuck do you dodge it?

Attached: malenia.png (1600x900, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/72_yLXmIJN4
youtu.be/rXMLtJbwjtw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss the Bloodborne dodge, not only does it look cool, it also feels good to use in action. Roll is just not cool when you spam it. Shame bloodhound steps are bound to arts.

Yeah, roll looks stupid when your guy is wearing 100+lb armor and is constantly slamming himself down into the ground like a retard. I don't think it fits 3 and Elden Ring.

Put Bloodhound Step on a dagger, switch to it when she goes in the air. Simple as.

Take the first hit and roll into to her to avoid the second and third if you can't space out enough to run away.

run away from the first flurry, dodge underneath her for the second and then dodge back away for the last one
for the 2nd phase attack where she summons butterfly phantoms, dodge back twice, forward twice, and left twice
if you can't get the timing down, use bloodhound step

Or take out a 100% high stability shield for the first couple parts, dodge the rest.
Or proc frostbite on her (a frozen pot for instance)
Or make her proc bleed while in the air with swarm of flies
Or simply be spaced well, run backwards for the first two parts, dodge into her, and dodge the final part

There's multiple ways to approach defense to that move, and they all work.

Great shield + barricade.
Use skill, raise shield, try not to forget she's having her woman moment on the other side of your personal wall of steel

youtu.be/72_yLXmIJN4

If you have enough STR for fingerprint you don't even need barricade

Most technical dodge in the game.
Block the first wave of slashes
Wait
Roll towards her and i-frame the second wave
Wait
Roll spam away from her

She either nipped zero or maybe 100 hp when I did this.

>On journey 3
>Use fingerprint shield and seppuku'd great epee this time around. Powerstanced staff of the avatar when I need blunt damage, or enemy doesn't bleed, or if they can get stance-broken easily
>Actually the easiest of my 3 runs, I barely have to do anything and just kill bosses
Holy shit this is so easy, it's comfy bros.

Man, it was my favorite move in the game, basically Miyazaki saying:

> "Yeah, see this bullshit? Figure something out or otherwise you'll never beat her."

Oh and in phase two she has new attacks where she also jumps into the air, but don't worry, it's a different attack and she just capitalizes on your waterfowl dance trauma for shits and giggles

Do they handle it with Talismans like in -souls, where you find the talismans as +1, +2 and so on or are you stuck with the regular buffs for all journeys?

not only do you dodge into her when she catches up, you must also time it extremely well so the i-frames match the aoe

It's impossible to dodge unless you're already a fair distance away from her, and even then she can catch you on the third phase of the attack because she basically teleports to where you are. What I did is bait that attack with a slow moving spell/incantation, once the projectile reaches her she'll either start that attack and you can start running away already with some distance from her, or she keep walking so you can continue fighting her

You keep almost everything between runs except for graces (the map still remains as well as markers). You lose progression related key items, but keep your flasks/bubbletears/etc... No items you pick up in the world will change between runs. But you can pick up duplicates of unique weapons, including boss weapons from remembrances.

Barricade and a shield with at least 60% physical defense and you can block the entire attack, all three parts of you suck

With enough VIG you can roll trough most of it.

Attached: 1632716134782.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

You could already duplicates boss weapons in your first run with mausoleum, couldn't you?

iirc they don't allow it and still restrict you to one boss weapon per run

You can just block it if timing the rolls is too hard.

>enough VIG
that damage was barely a half of the healthbar

>Ok you can iframe every boss very easy with medium roll but we made this one optional boss heavily favour a bit of adaptation
>I CAN'T SPAM ROLL EVERYTHING WHAT EQUIP ASH USE SHIELD LIGHT LOAD? WTF IS THAT REEEEEEEEE

It's like they put a Sekiro move in ER, kinda bullshit.

VIG CHADS RISE UP

Attached: 1648422366919.jpg (1627x1825, 523.74K)

I jus spammed bleeding and she just kinda exploded. Don't need to got his if you just use the boss' specific off switch

Great for you, user, but not everyone enjoys playing Rock Paper Scissors

Level up more, and level Vigor. Jesus christ it wasn't that bad.

Attached: yao-hi-asfs.jpg (1598x3000, 1.42M)

I have 60 vigor and am probably around level 140, haven't checked.

her healing even on blocks is what puts her over the top. its just too fucking much.

Don't be too aggressive. Run in, hit her a bit and retreat.

Take off the soreseal if you've got one on and/or try blocking the first part and then dodging. Also she staggers extremely easily so anything you can do to keep her staggered is key to turning the tide over her heal on hit.

DODGE THIS CASUAL!

Attached: Screenshot (110).png (1492x984, 3.32M)

youtu.be/rXMLtJbwjtw

I bet almost everyone crying about this bitch is wearing one of those seals not realizing how much dsge it's making you take on rapid small hits.

Yeah, I'm not wearing anything like that. I've got a staff and the MGS, so I'm able to stagger her twice before she jumps away, which is very good.

The heavy attack projectile on the powered up MLGS does a ton of poise damage too if you can work that in.

I try, most of the time she just dodges it. I guess I should git gud.

Try timing it as a punish to one of her laggier recovery animations after she attacks, then follow-up with a leaping melee attack or a spell like rock sling.

>There's multiple ways to approach defense to that move, and they all work.
>Be colossal weapon user
>r1 malenia
>she hyperarmors into waterfowl while you're still recovering from animation
Defend this

>another filtered redditor that's soon going to shitposting about tranndahn
Boy you love to see it!

Attached: 20220331_201737.jpg (900x1276, 849.17K)

xe lost

should've been a katana user like miyazaki intended the game to be played lmao

It's awful, but if you're quick enough you can actually knock her out of the air using a frost bomb. I must have tried 30+ times on her using the golem halberd, but it is entirely doable. The best advice I can give to other colossalchads is to stop getting immersed in the fight, think of her like a rhythm game, you can swat her ass to the ground with every hit, but you need to know the cues before you strike.

>she's ;walking slowly towards me
>run up to her to bait waterfowl dance
>she doesn't do anything
>try again
>nothing, just keeps slowly walking
>ok I attack then
>jump attack
>as soon as I press jump she leaps into the air
If I'm not 10 ft away from her when she starts it I basically give up and let her kill me because there's no point in trying to dodge at that point

Retard

Attached: 1649071370958.png (834x750, 468.1K)

>Reddit has moved on from this fight
>Yea Forums and steam forums still not gud

Attached: 1646752185382.jpg (960x688, 134.29K)

If you're at a distance run from first volley, second and third you can just dodge with a well timed roll.

If she starts it when you're under her you've got two choices, block the first few hits of the first volley, then roll, or just eat the first few hits and roll as soon as it'll let you.

Or cheese it with bloodhound step

>summon tiche
>go to the other side of the map and throw rocks from there
>waterfowl time
>literally and unironically crosses the entire fucking map and kills me
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Attached: FJ06oEkWYAQCZ8X.jpg (369x465, 14.96K)

run from first phase (first two strikes), block the rest (w/ the block aow). easy

If you have no time to run away from the first attack, you can also start sprint circling her right below her to make her miss the first attack. After that you'll just have to roll through the rest of the attacks.

If you take off the Radago sorceal with 60 vig and use full bullgoat set and Dragongreatshield talisman, does she still one shot you with it? I forgot to take it off on my first playthrougj with only leveling vig, end and f ton str lol

As someone whose favorite boss fight in the game was Malenia, this is indefensible

I survived without full bullgoat set if I fuck up but you still have to dodge some of the hits

I learned to dodge it in the end without it hitting me once but the problem with this attack comes if she decides to do it when you are in a middle of dodge, recovering or drinking flask. It made this boss to go from 7/10 to 1/10 bed of chaos tier

that's what you get for summoning

I beat the entire game with just rolling and the trusty claymore. No summons. No bs. Etc etc yadda yadda yadda. The only time I felt compelled by thus game to use OP bullshit was this stupid fucking attack. I had to use blood hound step and then I was dodging it reliably. Trick is to get enough space before slash one comes out and then you can just keep stepping back into her, actually pretty easy. The attack is bullshit and requires perfect I frames to get out of without bloodhound step. I wish waterfowl was a fair dodge check that only procs at certain times rather than this super random omnipresent threat. Same with her shadow clones, I'd argue they are more dangerous than waterfowl at this point. I'm torn on the boss because she is a great duel that is somewhat tarnished by the unpredictability and RNG that plagues her phase 2. Also bloodhound step is stupid busted and should have never been put in the game. Far too many iframes with no catch ability. If I see something in 90 percent of duels I summon for its meta cancer that needs to be toned down.

You blew it bro.. if you spent a few more hours testing you could have found the way to roll it and had a perfect roll only run

> not summoning mimic and gangbanging her like a chad
N G M I

I used Ruins and Guts greatsword powerstancing and could go the first phase sometimes without getting hit at all, but the second phase has so much shit flying around on screen its hard to even see what se does. The clones werent that bad but when she does the waterflow dance out nowhere in that phase its complete bullshit. In the end i ended up using strategy with mimic in second phase, timing my attacks with him, so she couldnt even get up and was in constant stunlock lol. Shittiest boss From ever made hands down

>colossal weapon
>attacking when the boss is in a neutral state
That's your mistake.

Ive progressed in this game enough now I'm stuck on malenia on one end and maliketh on another
Havent touched it since 2 weeks now