Best obscure ps2 games? want to play some more

best obscure ps2 games? want to play some more

Attached: never understand.png (1834x1375, 3.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjo-9a9KLQ8
youtu.be/V5gz6DLwJa0
youtu.be/AmnVHIvOQEw
youtube.com/watch?v=mimLdMzn0X0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 199277-the-seed-warzone-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1147, 127.35K)

reviews of it I see online are pretty bad. what's so good about it?

its just a unique game that hasnt really been replicated since. Like a lot of ps2 era games
>trusting critics
yikes

not just critic reviews. it's got a 0.5 rating on glitchwave because one guy gave it the lowest score

Mister Mosquito

already played it as I'm a feet lover

What about the sequel?

Attached: C8C51797-83DE-4E06-B62B-781B0B3A6101.png (189x267, 91.08K)

didn't know there was a sequel. will play thanks

Attached: 205282-tokobot-plus-mysteries-of-the-karakuri-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1122, 283.77K)

Sky gunner, dual hearts, sub rebellion and sky odyssey are all 10/10

already played the psp version. is there much of a difference?
which of those do you rec most

This game was actually fucking awesome. The bosses interacting to different attacks like using the samurai against the old man makes him freak out was kino.

Attached: 1624226156114.jpg (480x360, 22.22K)

Attached: dodonpachi-dai-ou-jou-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1153, 176.15K)

Ribbit King
Shadow of Destiny
X-Files: Resist or Serve
Echo Night Beyond
Magic Pengel
GrimGrimoire
Bombastic
Samurai Western
Maken Shao: Demon Sword

>is there much of a difference?
There are hidden secret levels and the forms aren't controllable and are just attack animations.

It's on gaycube too but Ribbit King

Mister Mosquito

>ribbit king
looks unique. I'll get it

Attached: tree.jpg (1280x720, 119.51K)

>magic pengel
thats a PS1 game, you're thinking of its sequel graffiti kingdom

Skygunner and sub rebellion, especially the former but also the latter.

youtube.com/watch?v=cjo-9a9KLQ8

if you're gonna emulate it do the gamecube version instead, it emulates better on dolphin than pcsx2.

I've seen this game mentioned a few times and just DLed it to maybe play soon and check its emulator performance and that genuinely caught me off guard.

what makes this stand out among other bullet hell games?

Legendary in the scene for being Caves opus

great graphics, easiest learning curve, you ARE the bullet hell
you kill hundreds of helpless shitters a level, bosses are just two bullethell bosses dueling
think 3 upgrades deep in raiden, that is the basic dodonpachi mode

>most anons ITT never wiped the board with a single building drop on the tsunami level
pardon, king kino coming through

Attached: WOTM.jpg (300x168, 12.94K)

Attached: Screenshot (978).png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

is killer7 worth playing?

not really
game plays poorly and the story isnt even proper schizo-core
its just abstract wank that fumbles at twenty half thought out points instead of any one solid or engaging premise

>978
do you have 978 screenshots of ps2 games?

is that project x zone? shit was so cash

what genres or other games you like

I remember Under the Skin being pretty fun, but admittedly I did play it with friends.
They have a Raccoon City level which was cool

Still looking for anyone who has played this. It's pretty tight, remember it being long as hell with multiple NG+ that changed the endings and introduced new characters (maybe, it's been a very long time)
It did have some soul, though.

Attached: ps2_orphen_scion_of_sorcery-110214.jpg (640x908, 114.29K)

well known game but was ass.

If you want an atmospheric fps-like that's more about adventure just play fatal frame 2 instead.
K7 is barely even a game, it's an on rails shooter where sometimes you pick a different rail but all the enemies suck and you have to use an analog stick to aim.
Also most of the assassins are useless, the form switching only really comes up for colored doors that serve to force you to play as shittier characters. Dan and Mask are all you are ever going to want to use as they trivialize the awful combat, the fagdoors are there to prevent you from having that option.

Also the ending got retconned because Dan shows up in TSA, meaning that whole "the family is shards of god" shit meant nothing.

Attached: 1644470392876.jpg (460x259, 35.22K)

It was my first PS2 game with the console. I literally had no fucking idea what I was doing and just fumbled with it a lot

>people without their own opinions on Yea Forums, for years: dude this is the most important game ever

klonoa 2
okage the shadow king
kya dark lineage
rayman 2 revolution
shadow hearts + covenant

1 obscure game out of 5

it is so sad that people ask for ps2 games to play and people say shovelware jrpg shit

the best console of all time and still people just played shovelware jrpg shit

yes
namcoXcapcom, a combination of SRW and valkyrie profile filled with namco and capcom characters, pretty solid title, got translated not too long ago, great intro too
youtu.be/V5gz6DLwJa0

Attached: 1649123570358.jpg (3024x4032, 337.14K)

all of those games are good games, zoomie

post some more

open to pretty much anything. I was mostly a nintendo gamer in life so I probably lean more towards fun/lighthearted/minigame/platformer stuff though

still waiting OP

was busy making this

Robot Alchemic Drive was a glorious game. Way of the Samurai 2 was also fantastic.

youtu.be/AmnVHIvOQEw

hmmm i feel like nintendoey stuff is what the ps2 is worst at. probably have the least games to recommend in that arena

Some games that have had no better ports or the only other version is on Xbox thus you can't really emulate it unless you have a series s/x and buy it. Some might have HD rereleases but I'm not checking.
>The Warriors
>Way of the Samurai 1-2
>Valkyrie Profile 2
>Urban Chaos: Riot Response
>Twisted Metal Black
>Samurai Western
>Shadow Hearts trilogy
>Shadow of Destiny
>Shadow of Rome
>SMT Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga
>Shrek 2
>Siren 1-2
>Steambot Chronicles
>Stuntman
>Raw Danger
>Robotech: Battlecry
>Parappa the Rapper 2
>Pride FC
>Onimusha series
>Mercenaries
>Monster Rancher series
>Jet Li: Rise to Honor
>The Getaway: Black Monday
>God Hand
>Gitaroo Man
>Growlanser Series (a lot of the staff went on to work for Atlus)
>Gungrave
>Fatal Frame series
>Front Mission 4 (5 with a translation patch and you've played/read the synopsis of the rest of the series)
>Evergrace for the soundtrack
>Dark Cloud 1-2
>Disaster Report
>Dog's Life
>Drakengard 1-2
>Chulip (with a guide)
>Baroque
>Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
>Burnout 3 and Revenge
>Armored Core (Specifically Nexus -> Last Raven but the others are decent)
>Ace Combat 4, 5 and 0

Chulip sounds fun and soulful, but it's actually cock and ball torture especially without a guide.

based

Attached: slai.png (921x1228, 1.11M)

Maximo

big list. a lot of well known games (twisted metal, parappa, armored core, etc), and it feels like copypasta since my op pic is chulip and you still listed it there. if you had to pic the best 2 or 3 games from that list what it be?

i have a lot of good ps2 games in mind but you gave me nothing to work with saying nintendo type shit

theres katamari for that which you know about, and thats about it. maybe uhh, choro-q lol

this looks like a meme rec
I'll get this one
does this play like crash? it looks like crash

I remember this game being hard as balls, fucking loved it though. Neat soundtrack too.

All i know about this game is R.L. Stine.

Attached: Goyim Beware youre in for a scare.jpg (222x227, 5.69K)

well there's a ton of platformers and weird japanese games on ps2. I'm open to all that. it's just the resident evil, metal gear, jrpg, silent hill type stuff that isn't really appealing to me

tf?what does he have to do with it? I read those books when i was a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=mimLdMzn0X0

there aren't really a lot of platformers, actually. almost none of note, or they'd simply feel regressive today. Like Maximo was a beloved game, you got that rec, but I can't see it feeling fun today honestly.

if you want weird japanese go way of the samurai but that might be too jrpg? its not really an rpg its something different which doesnt exist anymore.

I'm not sure about best, but it might fit under obscure. I recall a PS2 game I got when I was a kid, and the closest thing I can find on google says it is called "Eternal Ring". I never played much of it compared to my brothers, but they seemed to have enjoyed it, and I have never seen anyone else talk about it.

Attached: 42AA318D-047C-4826-A4DD-1F1C7B571396.jpg (218x309, 20.69K)

>there aren't really a lot of platformers
?

forgot pic

Attached: platformers.png (1716x369, 630.1K)

It's a game about controlling giant robot and punching aliens, with gojirra tier voice acting.

Attached: leg2p20f.jpg (300x435, 77.32K)

fun trivia
there was a game show hosted by elaines boss where it was 1 "not famous but renown" person and two imposters on a panel and contestants had to guess who was who by asking questions
the one to guess who the real one was won money
rl stines episode, the winner lost because the yid lied about his own books making him seem like the impostor

Attached: 1649023256153s.jpg (249x250, 3.46K)

that text looks a lot like harvest moon wonderful lifes and now i want to play this

looks like an advance wars clone. if I played those games already would I get much out of this

Attached: Extermination.jpg (612x612, 45.42K)

the goal is to kiss everyone

Attached: 1647969215360.gif (140x248, 114.56K)

looks like a shameless metal gear ripoff to me

Attached: JadeCocoon2PS2.jpg (256x363, 18.47K)

right, there aren't. you asked for obscure games, not maximally known ones

sly, ratchet, etc stuff was never good, just stand-ins for superior nintendo games you already played. 3d platformers aren't really platformers. platforming is a 2d genre + mario. just how it is

No it is its own thing. Nothing like Advance Wars. Much heavier on tactics and strategy much deeper.

>looks like an advance wars clone
shigsmuhdigsss

Attached: 1644013984042.jpg (326x271, 25.96K)

I’ve been trying to get into PS2 games lately because I was in the Xbox 360 gen as a kid. But they’re seriously dated af I’ve been trying to enjoy a lot of them and they just feel like shit to me or just have archaic game design