And Cross's battle theme IS GOOD.

Attached: 743.jpg (1024x768, 204.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1252600/ANOTHER_EDEN/
youtube.com/watch?v=pWRZxbU_-xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NrzSEDyMO9k
soundcloud.com/wzrd517/xenogears-knight-of-fire-voice-source
youtube.com/watch?v=mHaeMvMsChs
youtube.com/watch?v=b-YTGv1Gk_s&list=PL7wKx1YpR-lzDJWbsAZadAy_KNVo7GM5q&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=c54RK7yTlt8&list=PL-Ls82hHXEyVSgV8ZePxQK29b6wD8r64p&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=FL2UpsKhOMA&list=PLvXMARe51eeaH3C4AYZKcwNDK08ShPZ9a&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=Jr8KD2VNMxQ&list=PLm5gVPO9H5ouAyDEGmn6iNTaADuQZW59N&index=31
chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=13723.msg234540#msg234540
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree, not even meme'ing.

Also how long is this "radical dreamers" thing that comes with the remaster? I always knew of it but now I want to try it

Cross sucks and 90% of the party members are fucking garbage and downright useless.

It is good, but for the game being as long as it is it shouldn't have only had the one theme. Would've been better if there were different standard battle themes for the Home World and Another World.

Square will never make a third Chrono game... ever. Or at the very least, a Chrono game that's just as good as Trigger or Cross.

always heard mixed things but excited to finally play it for myself and make up my mind. Getting hd on switch.

one things for sure, I know the musics great

the battle theme is fine though and seriously regular battles are over in like 15-30 seconds

Welp

>excited to play the downgraded version

chrono cross is good but it's pointless to compare it to chrono trigger since one of the design aims of chrono cross was to separate itself from CT. it didn't work but it made for an interesting sequel

dont care cause I wouldn't fucking know if its a downgrade not having played the original. but ill bite, how is it a downgrade

BIG
MEATY
PAWS

Attached: janice.jpg (260x650, 37.09K)

>contrarian website has a retarded contrarian position
I am shocked

All the graphical "enhancements" are changes for the worse, but most of them are optional, so if you turn those off you're mostly fine. The new fonts are not optional and are forced regardless of setting and we still don't know if they forced that shitty new music into the game yet.

store.steampowered.com/app/1252600/ANOTHER_EDEN/

This is all you get in this timeline.

Attached: 27AF12CC-7F98-4B05-8C84-443300FD85D1.jpg (1920x1080, 421.27K)

The switch version has been leaked for a day now.

We have known for days now that the new music doesn't play during gameplay

Cross has one of the worst battle themes of all time, and it was a major factor in my decision to drop the game.

this

Until someone actually finishes the game we don't have confirmation at all, because Squeenix has given multiple conflicting messages in both English and Japanese and refuses to properly clarify things.

You guys are out of your fucking mind, you can't listen to this and tell me it was a good idea for the SOLE battle theme in a jrpg.
youtube.com/watch?v=pWRZxbU_-xQ

The worst part being that you hear only the worst part of the theme because fights are so short.

>It's okay when literally every final fantasy does it

Lmao fuck off. There's a battle theme for regular battles and different battle themes for bosses and more important bosses

>You guys are out of your fucking mind, you can't listen to this and tell me it was a good idea for the SOLE battle theme in a jrpg.
Apparently you're illiterate, because you quoted a post saying the same fucking thing.

>small music brain cant appreciate complex 9/8 rhythm

Except final fantasies until and including 9 had flawless soundtracks

Mitsuda has gone on record saying he absolutely hates composing battle music and it shows. Only his chrono trigger battle themes are great, everything after that is a wet fart.

Shit game with a great OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=NrzSEDyMO9k

*blocks your path*

Also spoilers for cross so don't click it if you give a shit

Mitsuda is one of my favorite composers in vidya and I would agree. His battle themes fucking suck.
I even like the new arrangements he did for Cross; the ones Yea Forums is shidding and fardding their pants over. They sound like his work with Millennial Fair. So that's why when the same tards ITT that are crying also say Cross has a good battle theme I know it's just contrarian retards making shit up as they are not human enough to have a real actual opinion of their own.

>I even like the new arrangements he did for Cross
Mitsuda only worked on 3 of the 8 songs on that album and all three of them were co-composed by Mariam Abounnasr.

>Xenogears is my favorite RPG
>the battle theme is AIDS
>the only good thing about it is someone figured out the voice in it is a clip from a Marlon Brando documentary featuring the voice of the judge at the trial of his son
soundcloud.com/wzrd517/xenogears-knight-of-fire-voice-source

maybe you're right, but that's sure as shit not how the vinyl is being marketed.

Attached: dsfdfgdgf.jpg (1827x759, 150.24K)

Attached: FPoRwOqVEAEkiXM.jpg (2903x4078, 737.72K)

Not even close.

It's short. Maybe 2hrs? It's basically an alternate prologue to Cross.

So is it...canon? as far as cross story goes or it's just a for fun scrapped project?

it's not 2 hours. It's a text based RPG/VN hybrid (leaning more on VN) that has like 10 or so stories, I forget the total. The one that would become Chrono Cross is just one of them.

>His battle themes fucking suck.
>Only his chrono trigger battle themes are great, everything after that is a wet fart.
Dumb faggots
youtube.com/watch?v=mHaeMvMsChs
youtube.com/watch?v=b-YTGv1Gk_s&list=PL7wKx1YpR-lzDJWbsAZadAy_KNVo7GM5q&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=c54RK7yTlt8&list=PL-Ls82hHXEyVSgV8ZePxQK29b6wD8r64p&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=FL2UpsKhOMA&list=PLvXMARe51eeaH3C4AYZKcwNDK08ShPZ9a&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=Jr8KD2VNMxQ&list=PLm5gVPO9H5ouAyDEGmn6iNTaADuQZW59N&index=31

>And Cross's battle theme IS GOOD.

Attached: 51a9e0928eb892717655a622769ca916.jpg (997x1200, 148.17K)

so how long is it? I want to jump into cross because it's been so long but I wanted to try the VN

It might be a good stand alone piece of music but it is absolutely garbage when you are playing the game

>594752316
>It's okay when literally every final fantasy does it
In most final fantasy games you dont have music that completely grates your ears for the first 15 seconds. Mass Destruction is fucking hot garbage for this reason as well. The worst feeling ones for Final Fantasy are X and VII for me

I love the Xenogears battle theme but
>get in front of chest or door
>encounter rate goes up by like fucking 80000 million times
>beginning of the track is trash
>fights are pretty trivial and pointless considering 90% of the boss fights are in mechs anyway

Honestly seems pretty boring, definitely not bad by any stretch but not memorable

>Cross > Trigger
No
No

>here's a list proving you're correct
thanks, I guess?

it's a weird adventure game that was only released on gimmicky satellite service
there's a bunch of weird shit in it and some of that ended up in chrono cross

>Mass Destruction is fucking hot garbage fo
Fuck off back to valorant, zoom shit. Opinion discarded and posts filtered

You know what zoomies play? Is there something you aren't telling me user.

Literally compare Mass Destruction to Wiping All Out and it is fucking night and day because of that first 10 seconds

Persona 1 PSP has a better battle theme :^)

He's another brainrot causality of this place that thinks that "zoomer" is now a pejorative synonym for "person that says thing I don't like", much like "tranny" and "-oomer".

It will be an action rpg like FF7R

Wiping All Out is way worse though.

I agree that wiping all out is a worse track overall when you compare the full track, but considering that most of what you hear of any non boss persona track is the first 15 seconds since the battle system hardly ever has anything remotely close to a drawn out fight for normal battles id take it any day

For anyone who cares, I played through Trigger and Cross. I played Cross first, like it slightly better, but both are in my top 10. You can play through Cross without playing Trigger, without any issue its a loose sequel (some references are there but you won't notice them). IMO both have good time/dimension traveling stories which most writers fail at.

Cross gets some hate by people for a few reasons.

It essentially makes a "bad" Trigger ending canon; which wasn't really explained well until the rerelease of Chrono Trigger on DS. Some people just wanted a Chrono Trigger 2 and Cross is not that. The story can be a bit hard to follow, but afaik everything is explained in game.

Cross has a unique combat system, but its really not anything radical. Watch a video if you think its gonna bother you.

Cross has a big roster...so only a handful of those characters have reasonable RPG stories. I think all of them get at least a little questline though. There is a main character Magus from Trigger, who seems to kinda be a character called Guile in Cross and really has no notable story (seems like hes a placeholder for scrapped content). Crono seems to be a boss fight in Cross (major similarities) but I believe the Devs have said it isn't him. A semi important character Glenn is missable if you don't choose a bad dialogue choice, basically you have to opt into not helping another character.

Radical Dreamers is a small choose your own adventure type game that was released for the Satelaview addon only in Japan. My understanding is this is a prototype for chrono cross that the Dev was not happy with and was later turned into Cross. The party in the game "The Radical Dreamers" is mentioned in Chrono Cross like once, its really not important.

Attached: s5MjLNnQ0XvhdZ-kG-0uEuyJXWhq6j9u4nfrE4-UgD8.png (256x256, 72.15K)

>is mentioned in Chrono Cross like once
More like just a namedrop with 0 relevance to the actual VN. radical dreamers was the name of Nikki's band I'm pretty sure, and that's about it

>choose to save Kid
>lose out on the best party member for some useless faggot in a speedo
I like the whole storyline between the gnomes and fairies that doesn't feel complete if you don't bring Razzly, who you can't get if want Glenn. Also for some dumbfuck reason you can't get Razzly's level 7 tech if you bring her when you need the water dragon's spirit.

The game punishes you for making better morale choices, unless you hate Kid then by all means leave her to rot.

Chrono Cross is the Steins;Gate 0 to Trigger's Steins;Gate.

It happens again way before that too. You miss out on getting Lenna permanently (or w/e her name was serge's gf) if you allow Kid into your party when she saves your ass at cape howl. You have to tell her to fuck off. No one without knowing ahead of time is going to say no to joining forces from a common sense story standpoint. Though you can just let her join after you get lenna anyway but no one is going to know this shit

Chrono Cross is the Resident Evil 3 Remake to Trigger's Resident Evil 2 Remake...

Chrono Cross is the Elden Ring to Trigger's Dark Souls 2

Right, some one above said there is a link, not sure what they meant. I think its mentioned once near the beginning by a villager in Arni. Iirc he mentions bandits running around called the Radical Dreamers just assumed it was kid and some crew she was with before the game starts. I think Cross retconned the side story that was Radical Dreamers entirely.

*is permanently in your party for the second half of the game until serge is back*

You know you're gonna use the capn don't lie

Attached: latest(1).jpg (240x650, 144.81K)

doesn't work because Elden Ring was critically acclaimed, consumer acclaimed, and sold beyond well
none of those were true for Cross, sorry crossdresser

Are there any technical differences between versions?
Should I get the Switch or Snoy version

I wonder why we cant just get a vinyl of the original ost. there have been a few arrangement albums and now this but i just want the god damn actual soundtrack.

chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=13723.msg234540#msg234540

>critically acclaimed
Cross had excellent reviews. it has a 94 on metacritic. Reviewers got death threats for anything lower than a 9.

solt and peppor were the original ornstein and smough

Attached: aldnoah savant.jpg (221x378, 28.67K)

no shit, he has steal.

Cross is the Ghostbusters 2016, Trigger is Ghostbusters.
Jet Bike Special is Ghostbusters 2.

Alright so what's the optimal waifu recruitment path? I know some fucking sperglord out there has made a guide.

Attached: bf814901eedbfeda7117ae780eebb76b.jpg (850x1558, 123.83K)