Did vidya peak in 2017?

Did vidya peak in 2017?

Attached: file.png (850x851, 1.52M)

If 2007 and 2017 were such graeat years can we expect 2027 be the next peak?

switch nier with xenoblade

nah, 2019

Attached: 1649250054264.jpg (1536x1536, 544.07K)

Attached: my-image(123).png (950x486, 520.43K)

Attached: my-image(124).png (950x570, 646.16K)

You forgot Resident Evil 7 and Yakuza 0 too. Truly a GOAT year.

>Mid, Dogshit, Mid
>Dogshit, Dogshit, Mid
>Mid, Mid, Dogshit

what does mid mean

twitter speak for mediocre

Attached: my-image(125).png (950x490, 649.93K)

It means "I am underage"

Nah, 2022.

Attached: frontiers.png (647x438, 57.81K)

>did vidya peak in [any time post 5th gen]
how fucking laughable

>ps1 and n64 were the peak of gaming
Lmao no. The 5th gen was worse than the generations immediately before and after, and worse than the years 2017 and 2019 alone

Lmao

I bullied you sonicfags but you deserve a good game already instead of a decent show/movie

didn't persona 5 release in 2016?

>botw further popularizing open world shit which has resulted in even more of those games than there already were
>automata, p5 and y0 ruining those franchises and fanbases by turning them into mainstream normalfag garbage
No, it was the beginning of the end

Not talking about further popularizing "Le hard games games that filter journalist" meme and Le indie games better than anything else and savior of the industry

>it was the beginning of the end
every year is the beginning of the end to melodramatic fags like you
>hurr game series became popular therefore BAD
you're oversocialized. go on a hike

You're too young to understand and probably never will

>Le indie games better than anything else
if this (frequently true) notion were popular then no one would be buying thenopen world skinner box garbage that you're also seething about
You are dead set about being mad about video games because you've confused growing out of enjoying them with games getting overall worse.

>2017
>leaving out fucking Rain World

Attached: 1615688779727.jpg (700x674, 66.02K)

you have the same brain as middle aged spinsters who read the atlantic and watch sex and the city, who spend hours on twitter losing their mind of political nonissues and think the western world is one day away from becoming gilead.
you lost your ability to enjoy games that weren't a part of your long lost youth and you're frothing mad about it to the point of developing an apocalypes complex.

He's a tendie, I'm sure you've noticed

>Kingdom Come
>C rank
Ask me how I know the combat filtered you

Indie games aren't exactly what i expected from a good evolution of videogames either, and literally most of them are popular just for popular memes gained by luck, they're rarely quality or innovative, they just make people that play them think that are superior products because of social status, but probably those who warships indie games are just underage brainwashed by propaganda

there's only one good game in that image

yes

Attached: rwdevs.png (603x409, 46K)

>they just make people that play them think that are superior products because of social status
what the fuck talking about? The only "social status" you can gain from liking video games is through making video essays about whatever big release is popular at the moment (like elden ring right now)
>probably those who warships indie games are just underage brainwashed by propaganda
what the FUCK are you talking about?

the only good games on this image are cuphead and mania

You never experienced what videogames where in the early 2000
>E3 was good
>AAA games where good and also some indie games that started popping out where good
>No woke and leftism shit in games
>Games had serious stories
>Art direction and graphics where good and always improving

lol no the entire last decade was mostly forgettable

>games getting overall worse.
They are. Everything is
>wokeshit or political
>clearly unfinished and or buggy as fuck on release
>full of dlc/mtx
>censored
>a pointless rerelease/remaster/remake that has less content than the original
>gaas/gachashit
>you lost your ability to enjoy games that weren't a part of your long lost youth
Nah I still enjoy older games that I never even played as a kid and a few new ones too

they made a good game
as opposed to you, i dont care about personal politics

>Videocult
>members of irl cult
Pottery

your children will be trans

This is going to be Sonic 2016 2

3rd - 5th is the golden age (6th was okay too, but it started to usher in the cancer of 7th+)

You can see it by pretentious tranny on twitter and by watching what always gets popular nowadays, it's always some shitty meme game made by 2 people because now it's the meme of the century and everything that is quality is snobbed just because it's seen as soulless because it's not made by 2 tranny in their shitty basement and "ONE OF US"

that's a bold assumption

>E3 was good
Okay
>AAA games where good and also some indie games that started popping out where good
indies have gotten substantially better and more diverse, and there are still good AAAs. There also were barely any AAA games in the early 2000s, at least in the modern sense. The budget difference between the most expensive games made today and something like re4 is staggering. Comparing them is silly since lower budgets means more risk taking, hence why indies have exploded in quality over time.
>no woke
don't play games with woke stuff in it. I cannot think of a single good game worth playing that shoved leftist propaganda in my face. Not one.
>games had serious stories
kek they still do to the point where it's actually annoying. Frankly though the best games from the early 2000s were usually really campy. MGS and Max Payne and dmc and re4, none of those games were entirely serious.
>art direction
AAA western stuff is ugly now but there are still many pretty games coming out.
The graphical improvement thing is an issue with the nature of graphical improvement though. The leap from ps1 to ps2 was larger than the leap from ps2 to ps3

Attached: 1648077023924.jpg (718x960, 52.6K)

u forgot to put elden ring on S

automata was better than replicant

Jungle Inferno ruined TF2

5th was worse than 6th outside of 2d games.
stop buying normieshit hypefests, they are no longer what you remember them being from your youth. Look for games with similar budgets and design philosophies

this post would be gibberish even if it were written in perfect english.
also
>caring about what people on twitter think

not if you only liked nier because of how "obscure" it was, like that user

no it peaked in the 80s
wait it was the 90s
no it was totally the 00s
probably the 10s though
nah its gonna be the 20s
it's almost like every 10 years there is another batch of retarded children asking the same questions

It's more like the quality of gaming has peaks and troughs.
2017-2019 was a great time for games but so was 04 and 07 and 95 etc.
The wii/ps3/red ring of death period was a notable drought and I think it made people bitter

>indies have gotten substantially better and more diverse
>Name at least one
Back in the day we had things like spore, little big planet, the sims to name a few, now indies are just a cheaper copy of old and better games, and you had AAA like bioshock, mass effect, Dante's inferno, dead space that where great

Norrmalfags did not play Automata, they just fapped to 2B

>spore, little big planet, the sims
>indies
what the fuck?

Attached: 1645634660775.gif (720x404, 2.78M)

spore and the sims were both produced by one of the biggest names in gaming user, in what universe are they indie

They're comparable to indie games of today in terms of creativity. There where no indie games at the time, and since he is saying that indies are at this level of quality i want some examples

Nier is probbly my top game in the last 10 years

Silksong will be here before you know it...

Attached: 450698.jpg (1280x720, 126.14K)

I'm kind of resentful of how we never got a Nier 3 or Drakengard 4 announcement.

Drakengard 3 sold terribly, but it was almost immediately followed up by news of more Nier and a Taro collaboration with Platinum. Automata sold infinitely more than projected, and it was only followed up by mobile games, 2B outfit cameos, and remasters of a game where I still preferred the Papa Nier version.

Attached: 1504527063967.jpg (861x923, 99.87K)

>They're comparable to indie games of today in terms of creativity
but user you just said that indie games AREN'T creative
and the sims is from the 90s
But I guess some examples would be Outer Wilds, Pathologic 2, Hypnospace Outlaw, Rain World, Kenshi, Lob Corp and probably others that I'm just forgetting. Though I don't see what's wrong with doing something tried a true. Hollow Knight amd Celeste do nothing new but are some of the best games in their genres.

Attached: 20220215_105601.jpg (768x1024, 198.78K)

Exactly, meme games and literally who games that barely works, that's what i mean, games are fucked, there's nothing of quality and if people continuously keep supporting this kind of shit, don't be surprised if gaming is dying and i am here to complain

his children will be shot into some guys asshole

Wrong.

Attached: 1998 year of video games.jpg (2201x1037, 966.72K)

>ADHD fag wants SE to milk DrakeNier and ruin everything that made the games good in the first place
>likes Bara-fag Nier
like pottery.

you have not played a single one of those games.
and user I've been trying very hard not to point out that you're obviously from a 3rd world country (sentence structure plus + listing off the EA catalogue as examples of creativity) and probably can't afford anything that can run Outer Wilds (or anything else I listed for that matter) but since you've given up on actually arguing and instead are just posting non-committal vagueisms ("meme games" "games are fucked" "nothing of quality") I've decided to stop bothering.

No, outer wilds is probably the only good on your list, if i was a poor fag i wasn't here complaining about shitty quality games

You think preferring the idea of an actual sequel to mobile games and remasters is milking?

I only played P5, TF2 and Nier, all of which were mediocre at best

Gaming peaked in 2015

every game I listed is better and more creative than ea shovelware like spore or the sims. especially pathologic 2 and rain world.
actually play games