How do we save the fighting game genre?

How do we save the fighting game genre?

Attached: Untitled.png (338x335, 147.99K)

You don't because "saving" it involves making casualized shit like Strive

multiple arenas, multiple players
players walk around arenas completing missions
impostor terrorist team has to 1v1 others
arena shrinks until only 1 team remains
dancing emotes

We don't do anything, its the devs who need to stop being fucking morons. As much as it sucks, fgs need a strong single player component to sell big numbers, just look at the netherrealm games which outsell every jap fighting game by orders of magnitude. Those games have competent and enjoyable story modes that last around 4~6 hours.

Tekken could be the biggest selling FG if it just brought back Tekken Force and Tekken Ball along with regular Arcade+Endings, on top of combo trials, better netcode (rollback probably), and crossplay. But Bandai Namco have their heads up their asses, especially now when Tekken 7 was doing huge numbers but we have no announcements or seemingly no support for the game anymore.

make them loose and f2p with emergent gameplay and rollback

>bro this will be the one that saves fighting games, trust me
>dies a month later
So tired of this shitty genre and it's shitty community always shilling and hyping up the newest game just to bail on it en masse a month later then rinse repeat with the next release

Attached: 1643452987883.jpg (753x707, 72.62K)

Could be worse.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 20-48-04 Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (App 1414850) · Steam Charts.png (349x344, 147.08K)

>only fighting games that are alive are ones Yea Forums is shitting on
Really makes you think lol.

And that's at peak hours.

Attached: Untitled.png (245x83, 10.19K)

>two player game has 24 hr peak of 1500 players
I don't see the problem

Attached: 20220322_164908.jpg (1200x675, 66.74K)

this

Attached: Slap City - Steam Charts.png (1540x598, 368.3K)

>F2P
Go play Borehalla, paypiggy

Attached: GODku says fuck off.jpg (977x648, 81.14K)

1. Get rid of complex motions. Map attacks and specials / supers to buttons, [direction]+button at most; that way the genre will become accessible to everyone.
2. Get rids of all the bars, stocks and other nonsense; just give supers and specials a cooldown.
3. Get rid of combos; after two or three hits max force both combatants to their starting positions like real life karate tournaments do.
4. Make the games free to play, rotating the playable characters periodically and if someone wants to play another character he buys it
5. Add special comeback mechanics for when you're losing a match too hard. For example if your opponent wins the first round without receiving damage, he should receive a double damage debuff for the second round.
6. Give them a single player campaign worth playing. While the meat of Dark Souls is the PvP, the singleplayer component is still solid to stand on its own so fighting games should follow the example

Do this and the genre will be saved.

And the funniest thing is that all of them went back to Strive and SFV.

take cyanide, please.

Literally kill yourself if this isn't ironic

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME ABOUT KOF

The patch from yesterday didn't fix freezing
Matchmaking doesn't work, it either gives you an error or matches you to the same person over and over
It compiles fucking shaders midmatch
KOF XV is already a niche franchise, the game costs $60 and there's no demo or anything
The netcode is rollback but sometimes it's non-functional, 4 frames feel fine compared to Strive though but still

Japan can not make good online multiplayer video games and the rest of the world couldn't make a good fighting game given infinite time and money so unless Putin bombs us back into 1992 you can't.

To be honest user i feel the cross play was kind of a solution but looks like didnt really work....

Attached: 1646885572571.jpg (1080x1705, 115.79K)

All of these problems are a bigger issue than complexity or some shit, Strive may have the worst fucking lobbies and connecting took a shitload of time but at least when you were inside it was functional. Production value is the only guarantee the customer has that the game will be good or worthwhile. SFV has matchmaking that works, Strive has matches that work, Tekken 7 also has a good matchmaking and throws you into a void training mode room so you can wait for matches, KOF made all the right moves except this one, the game is still incredible and amazing to move in and play but for a 1v1 game if you can't find that other person then it's somewhat pointless (However I have 70 hours in the game just from mostly singleplayer stuff)

Do brazilian ladies really have blue hair?

keep doing exactly what they have doing for the past year.
fightng games have never been as popular as they are today

Yes.
It's a shame they all shave, RL blue bush would be a sight to behold.

Why are YOU not playing new fighting games?

It's the only genre where you have to play on practice mode for several hundred hours before you can actually play it.

TTT2 had a bunch of content and bombed so Harada didn't want to put major effort into T7. It's one of those times when the better product bombs and the half-assed one sells 9 million copies. There is zero incentive for Namco to put effort into Tekken.

Im honestly very suprised that despite all the hate it gets Strive is best Asw game ever when it comes to player retention even better than dbfz so a licensed game based off one of biggest ips ever. Pretty sure it has best player retention in years when it comes to fighters and has numbers comparable to biggest mainstream IPs like Mk, Tekken and Sf. If you would told me year ago that guilty queer game would do this shit i would laugh you off hard but here we are i guess.

>tfw can boot up good ass KI and find a ranked match within seconds because it's a revolving door for new F2P players and a classic for competitive players

Attached: 1541997439622.jpg (480x747, 32.56K)

Make it as easy as smash bros

>Cold downs
>Not motion/charge inputs
>Comebacks
So basically dumb it down for retards and strip the depth from the game? Meter management and being able to buffer motions or charge are skills that add a nice dynamic to fighters. Buffering on its own makes movement less fucking braindead and separates scrubs from decent players. I don't want to play Overwatch, I want to play a complex fighter where I have to juggle a ton of mental stack.

problem is that tekken literally doesnt have competition at all its only playable and played 3d fighter on the market while market is oversaturated with 2d ones coming out every year. Bamco could release biggest turd ever and 3d players would eat that turd because they simply have to lmao... Seriously where the fuck are 3d fighters? What happenned? Even shitty arena fighter players have a lot bigger choice in games at this point.

underrated post, most people here won't even comprehend it's satire on max and sajam trannies

There was VF and SC for both gens, but no one bought them. VF5FS was $15 and barely anyone got it. Still my favorite fighter and I play it on emulator now.

Bring back arcades

>dood is using those buzzwords to describe one of most straightforward, restrictive and braindead gook mashers in years
How can anyone with a brain take this faggot shill seriously lmao.

Copy Yakuza's open world.

Attached: __ayane_kasumi_nyotengu_and_ryu_hayabusa_evolution_championship_series_and_etc_drawn_by_joe_shimamura__5b178daaa0d00130023d70b094629e27.png (2100x1731, 3.9M)

anti viral nano tech so everyone can play in the arcade.

i burned out

Nu VF is a remaster of a 15 years old game with dogshit netcode and its dead despite being given away basically for free and SC got fucked by Bamco themselves. Seriously why no one even tries to develop 3d fighter like Tekken, SC and VF shits weird as fuck not even a single indie project.

I'm playing fighters, just not the newest because they all kid of suck

I play Strive.

more like ruined

Stop.

Fighting games as a (competitive) genre just don't work because of the time investment into getting good at them.
You have to play nothing but that one FG you're trying to get good at, and with incredibly limited time for someone with work/school commitments, its just not feasible. As long as FGs continue to target this hardcore demographic they are fated to die and drop to triple digit players in under half a year.

can we stop having this bait thread EVERY FUCKING DAY.

this was from last night.

Attached: whocares.png (1412x937, 877.61K)

If capcom releases a new fighting game that’s not SF I’d give it a shot

>drop to triple digit players in under half a year.
Most games wish. They drop to trips in 2 months if its not mortal kombat, tekken or street fighter lol.

Same people who bitch about time investment for fighting games, spend 2k hours in trash like Dota or 200 hours in ubishit. Not an argument.

Haven't bought it yet myself, but I look forward to playing in the summer when I have more pocket change. I'm not a fickle anime player, though.

Even MK is dying. Singleplayer alone won't resolve that people simply do not want to invest time into learning combos when they just want to button smash against other button smashers and not veterans.

Why can't people just have fun playing at the rank they are at?

i wish Yea Forums wasn't polluted with schizos who make the same thread every day of their lives

>Strive Jive and Juggle 7 are the only ones alive
OH NO NO NO.

>How do we save the fighting game genre?
We don't, it is not a good genre.

But is ASSFAGGOTS time investment as hard a mountain climb as fighting games?

>sfv is still at 4k players
>still isn't fun to play

man. least i got the III games on fightcade ready to go

Attached: 1481077035309.jpg (260x282, 10.99K)

>ignoring DBZF,MK11,and SFV

>neglecting to mention the netcode that makes it so even with a small playerbase most matches are very playable.

don't lie

Cross-play. Its not that fucking hard. If SF5 wasn't Crossplay, it would have died years ago

>"Fighting games as a (competitive) genre just don't work because of the time investment into getting good at them."
Not true. Many genres have learning curves that are steeper then fighting games. MOBAs come to mind.
>"You have to play nothing but that one FG you're trying to get good at"
Also not true. A lot of skills are transferable from one game to another. Execution, neutral, and reads are all transferable skills. It's like how you can transfer skills from one shooter to another, you just don't remember when you learned how to aim.
>"with incredibly limited time for someone with work/school commitments, its just not feasible"
Partially true. Many people don't want to stay in training mode for half their game session looking for a match. It's wasted time that could've been spent playing something else.
>"As long as FGs continue to target this hardcore demographic they are fated to die and drop to triple digit players in under half a year."
It's partially this as well. But I don't necessarily agree with the "hardcore" part. I think some fighting games have a lot of fan service that shows people that the game/world is really cool (GG, KOF) but at the same time fighting games are a very social game. It's much better to play a long set with someone next to you on a couch as opposed to 3 matches from someone across the world on ranked.

Also fighting games are barebones as fuck. Hell, most games didn't even have functional online until 2 years ago. No new player wants to spend 60 dollars for a training mode, an arcade mode, and an online ranked mode. Give them fun side shit to do.

DBFZ is dead. 648 concurrent players isn't good. Especially with that red -3.23% monthly drop, user.

Same reason why I didn't include KoF '15 because it's dropping players despite quad digits like the three mentioned.

>Jive
Street Jive was mentioned, user.
>Mortal Kombat
-5.22%

>SFV - 3,814
>DBFZ - 648

Attached: 1548019082673.gif (718x382, 247.65K)

I agree that a single player focus is probably needed. Fighting game stories were pretty bare bones, but when Blazblue finally hit consoles they added a 40 hour VN that actually had a story. People want to play as characters but they also want to know why characters are fighting. Tournaments are boring.