HALO INFINITE ALREADY DEAD

>A report (opens in new tab) published by Rock Paper Shotgun details how, in the four months since Halo Infinite's launch, peak Twitch viewing for Halo Infinite has dropped from 200k to 10k, with streamers calling it an abnormally low level of engagement for a live-service game with a big name attached to it.

>The problem, say the streamers RPS spoke with, is that the game launched with many missing features that are typically staples in a Halo game. Moreover, 343's reintroduction of these features is both too slow and not exciting enough to get people coming back. This includes major features such as campaign co-op and Forge, alongside popular multiplayer modes like Team Doubles and Shotty Snipers. And this is merely stuff players expect from a Halo game, let alone actual new content, of which there hasn't been any since the game launched late last year.

Attached: halo-infinite_4ts4[1].jpg (1862x1862, 598.72K)

>playing infinite when bungie Halos exist

Attached: halo3_shooting crowbar.jpg (1920x1080, 440.89K)

I don't get watching streamers. I just don't.

It's tricking your brain into thinking you have friends

the lack of content is really shocking. at this point they need to either release a huge update or admit they gave up on the game

That's what happens when you release an incomplete game then go radio silent for six months.

They claimed this was the foundation of their next 10 years and they couldn’t last 4 months. Says it all about 343. Heads have to roll after this. Just shut the studio down.

Kind of sad how much you care about this, OP.

They've fucked up 3, 4 if you count MCC, games now, and the studio still exists. It's fucking insanity to me.

I used to like Halo. Fuck off brown man

>$500 million Infinite
>Flop
>$200 million TV show
>Flop
Halo is over

>everyone was shilling Infinite as HALO IS BACK
>barebones MP with Fortnite-tier monitization
I want every single faggot that said infinite was good to kneel over and die, I saw this coming from a mile away

Attached: 1640445869999.jpg (663x627, 69.35K)

They’ve never done anything right. There is no reason for this studio to exist at this point.

Because it was popular. This series needed to be niche, honestly. I’ll come back to it when the next campaign is added in a couple of years. Halofags sound like old people with how much they don’t shut about some preschool multiplayer from the past. Online multiplayer for consoles was a mistake like Game Pass.

>everyone
a very small handful of shills can seem like a lot of people on the internet. I attribute this to a few actual marketers and then a bunch of folks with buyer's remorse who wanted company for their misery (many such cases)

Shazam was right again

>There is no reason for this studio to exist at this point.
infinites revenue was double its budget
microshaft doesn't care its a shit game they got money

The woman who did the world a favor and almost single-handedly killed Halo. And she's cute too!

Attached: Bonnie-Ross.jpg (1021x1080, 148.6K)

Shazam almost completely ignored this game, which is kind of weird now that I think about it. I guess it's because another 343 Halo being shit is boring and expected at this point.

The only multiplayer games I play are ones that are 14 years old or more.

The funniest part is now that they hired her to that position and made a big publicity stink about how she's a woman, they can't fire her or shutdown the studio without the entire (((media))) shitting on them. They're trapped.

I don't think any MP FPS is going to ever reach the Golden Era of FPS. The video game market is too saturated with games to fully focus on one for more then a few months.

I don't even remember any specific shazamposting for Infinite, even people hopeful about Infinite (me for example) admitted it would probably wind up being shit

This, they know Halofags are stupid whales who spend money on Battle Passes, the MP store, nail polish, and a cook book.

Why is viewer count the metric for how many people are playing the game? It's a bit fucking backwards don't you think? Infinite sucks, but how many people are actually playing it?

The “golden era” of FPS is when online multiplayer didn’t exist. Online multiplayer especially on consoles was the beginning of the end.

There wasn't any Shazam posting because no one had any expectations for Halo despite marketing shilling

>Why is viewer count the metric for how many people are playing the game?
Well, do you have a better metric?
It's literally just Twitch viewer counts and steam charts, and people always go "BUT IT'S ON GAMEPASS" and obviously Microsoft doesn't post numbers
But if you have a better metric, feel free to share it with us

Fortnite is a more complete game and it was made on the backbone of a failed solo/coop game. The gameplay loop was addicting and you felt rewarded for how you played.

Halo Infinite is a big fuck you to old Halo players and any FPS enthusiasts. The Battle Pass is the worst I've ever witnessed. The content is barebone and laughable. The cosmetic are not only overpriced, but fucking ugly. Also customization is probably the worst in the series since it was introduced.

This is a 500 million $ project made by clueless managers. Nothing screams 500 million spent. The graphics aren't that good, almost no maps and it's just so fucking souless.

Fuck 343, making a Halo shouldn't be that difficult and here we are. I hope MS would step in and do something, because this is really sad.

>Halofags are zoomers who would rather be lazy shitters watching people play their games instead of playing them
>Halofags are retarded kids that came in when online multiplayer was a thing
Why am I not surprised?

Now Microsoft has many more IPs to ruin. This way theyll leave Halo rest for a while

Anyone else getting tired of reddit zoomers crying about Halo multiplayer being dead on Yea Forums as if it was ever good? Only Halo MP I liked was the original Halo’s on the Xbox before Xbox Live.

no more than I'm tired of the typical crying about babby's first FPS. and many would go further and say your opinion's shit since CE was only really fun on PC. I'm not one of those assholes, I'm just saying, you are hardly special because you strictly prefer Xbox CE. 2 and 3 MP both had a lot of strengths despite being different and there's a lot of years between these games

There might be but 2/3fags only like the series because it was popular, that’s it. If 343’s trash was popular, these fags would eat all the shit they do up.

exactly this lmao

Bonnie Ross should be homeless. It's not enough that she be fired; MS should sue her for sabotage for the projected losses on Halo Infinite, the cost of fixing MCC, and the cost of what it's going to take to fix Infinite.

I like ce, 2, and 3 because they're fun. I was never popular and I never played any games strictly because they were popular. I played halo because I liked FPS games and they looked cool enough to try, the fact that they came with thriving multiplayer was a bonus. I somehow doubt I am unique in this

Yo reddit, she’s the VP of Microsoft, don’t know why this needs to keep being explained.

>the VP
>the
talk about who's the retarded redditor. Companies like MS have like 90 VPs.

The action in the Tv Series is actually quite entertaining.

You probably are given reddit and the amount of youtube shills this series has.

She’s as untouchable as Frank O’Connor and Joe Staten. You’re retarded for thinking otherwise.

>the game launched with many missing features that are typically staples in a Halo game. Moreover, 343's reintroduction of these features is both too slow and not exciting enough to get people coming ba
OH look, its Halo 5 all over again. 343i learning from their mistakes yet again!
Can't wait for their announcement next week that they've learned from the mistakes of Infinite and will do better with the upcoming Halo Gigafinite.

kek

nobody is untouchable lmao. In fact I would bet Joe Statan gets the chopping block before she does. I have no idea why he took the job he did when he did it; he's clearly being set up as the fall guy.

>Archaic, slow, floaty shooter with 4 viable guns, a never ending TTK that encourages, trash, mistake filled gameplay and map knowledge, riddled with REDICULOUSLY expensive widgets, has no one interested in playing it.
makes perfect sense to me why Halo is where it is.

it shipped a game from 2003 in 2022, with better graphics, and pay-cosmetic shit.

>TV shows has good action
Halofags shilling again

I really don't know what the deal is with 343 it's like the actively avoid making good games because they want to piss people off. You could have given me 100 mil and I'd make a better game. It's just some APEX shit with a Halo skin, nothing Halo about it....says a lot that MCC has a fuckload more players

the "main issue" is that halo has always been a crock of shit liked by 12 year olds. its been replaced with a more well received game in that category: fortnite.

Bungie guys are untouchable due to their knowledge of the series.

Halo was replaced already by Call of Duty years ago, kek.

Microsoft games are built on contractors who are around for 18 months max. The guys who made the campaign/UI/gameplay are long gone, and didn't bother to write up how their code works because who gives a shit. You'll get some new maps, and more cosmetics/battle pass shit, but this game's dead by Season 3.

They were too big of pussies to call the game mode SWAT
Halo is dead

>343i Halo
> already dead
>mfw another 343i game crashes and burns
This pleases me greatly, any the dipshits that fell for it or any of 343's trash deserve nothing but disappointment and pain.

Attached: 1287392187391278931289.gif (498x277, 2.42M)

>play infinite for the first time in months
>"oh man tactical slayer!"
>first game is br and have tons of fun
>second game is pistols...okay?
>third game is the shitty fucking battle rifle clone
>fourth game is the shitty alien sniper that doesn't do dick
Why on gods name didn't they just do BRs? And if you're going to include a sniper, include the human sniper or the electronic sniper, not the worst fucking one.

Okay fine theres barely any content in this mess, whatever, but holy fuck the LEAST 343 could do is offer a ton of game modes and be able to vote on the map. Its so fucking retarded how restricted everything feels.

I legitimately hope Bonnie and everyone at 343 gets aids. What a fucking disaster they have turned halo into. All the money and time in the world and THIS is what we get? Inexcusable.

>but this game's dead by Season 3.

Attached: 58D9BC61-E1EA-4182-96FA-D3AD11B89704.png (766x152, 83.02K)

Why would anyone play infinite when the master chief collection exists?

>500 million dollars
even as the psuedo dictator at the peak of the roman republic, julius caesar never even got close to or would ever dream of having the equivalent of 500 mil to his name. now that much is just thrown around in like 2 years by a couple studios and they all keep their jobs when it was a massive failure.

LOL

Attached: 1648157801799.webm (1920x960, 2.95M)

How the fuck is the game so incomplete? They've been working on it for 6 years.

You would think paying a community mapper to churn out a couple maps would be in the budget, but no.

It still puts you on foreign servers with 200ms+ ping. 343 haven't even acknowledged this, let alone suggested they're gonna fix it. Makes the game dead to me. The countless bugs just seal the deal. Couldn't give a fuck about streamers or even "muh content"; it's just no fun to play when you're going to lose nearly every firefight.

The campaign got cut by like 70%. It’s another example of a director trying to do way too much and wasting years of development for nothing

That’s more dead, people don’t care about Halo.

What's ironic is you said "12 year olds" yet mention fortnite.
is right you retarded zoomer. CoD replaced halo a decade ago at least. Plus no one who plays fornite is playing halo. Those are two different games for two different kinds of people. Try as 343 might, this season pass shit has failed miserably because of this fact.

this is exactly it. working for there must be hell

Why did they do it

>peak Twitch viewing for Halo Infinite has dropped from 200k to 10k
That's because people are busy playing the game.
Nah just kidding, I stopped after I finished the reward track with nothing else to do two months ago.

When does this not happen with Halo campaigns. Good thing about Infinite is that all the campaigns being added is just reusing the same assets while also making the current map far bigger, massive instead of starting over from scratch.

And what was the budget? Even Valorant looks like it had a higher budget

It's crazy how Phil Spencer allows his studios to fuck around and release half-assed garbage after 5+ years of development. The Forza devs are the only Xbox devs that seem to be able to release games at a timely manner without a bunch of missing features. Phil needs to stop jerking off over Game Pass and focus on managing his studios.

>trusting 343
Not even once

Attached: 1647547527074.png (1950x1800, 587.26K)

It's number 11 or 12 on Xbox's most played games, right around Destiny, which supposedly has 250k daily players on Xbox

Phil wanted the campaign to release first and for the multiplayer to be delayed, Bonnie wanted them both released at the same time. It’s both Bonnie Ross and Halofags fault since neither wanted that shit split in two despite them both already being split in two. You reap what you sow.

Because 343 is doing nothing for the game. they won't release any new content besides bullshit MTX garbage. They don't fix it's problems or gameplay problems, they don't release new content, and it takes them literal months to do fucking anything for the game even if it's incredibly ridiculously easy shit to change/fix/add such as "increased footstep sound"

343 is a fucking joke and they murdered Halo as a series with a sledgehammer to the back of the head and then continued to beat its corpse for 10yrs straight

Phil is Bonnie's boss. He should've not acted like a pathetic cuck and directed her to follow his wishes.

>10 years
>10 years
>10 years
It's been like 4 months dude, and you're already eating shit. At this pace maybe in 10 years you'll have all the same features Halo 3 and Halo Reach had. I fucking doubt it.

Attached: 1645201744450.gif (160x160, 810.59K)

Put out enough turds and people stop caring, 343 really has killed Halo, that's not an exaggeration.

How much is getting paid to actually try and shill this abomination? At least $100 per post, right?

Attached: 1595563731012.jpg (539x562, 56.39K)

For whatever reason they decided to push a lot of big fixes and updates to the launch of season 2, maybe because they've got a really onerous cert process. If season 2 had started at the beginning of March there wouldn't have been any issue, it just seems like they aren't doing anything because the season was extended by 2 months, which was clearly a mistake in retrospect