Is Papa Nier the only instance in gaming where the localization changes were objectively superior to the artist's...

Is Papa Nier the only instance in gaming where the localization changes were objectively superior to the artist's original vision?

Attached: download.jpg (512x512, 87.49K)

>gorilla niggers still mad they're not canon

no.

Attached: 1649046896928.png (1280x960, 58.94K)

>referenced in Drakengard 3, Automata and the remaster
>not canon
cope

I don't know about objectively superior, but I do like Papa Nier a lot better than Brother Nier

Papa nier is objectively worse and is only liked because of a then western exhaustion with perfectly serviceable Japanese tropes. The primary relationship is made worse by changing it from siblings to parent-child and his relationship with Kaede is ruined by the age changed. It's only lauded purely because western audiences didn't want to hear "onii-san".

You will never be Japanese.

>Imagine not wanting to protect your cute imouto
>Imagine wanting to have daughter so someone else can fuck her
ngmi

Doesn't matter I'm still right

>is only liked because of a then western exhaustion with perfectly serviceable Japanese tropes.
Funny thing is, the only "tropey" part of Nier Replicant is Brother Nier. The entire appeal of the game, and the main reason why it remained a 7th gen cult hit in the west was because it had unconventional party members AND an unconventional protagonist. The game also came out before the whole "father & child" dynamic was overdone in video games. It's objectively superior because Papa Nier fits themes of this game much better than generic bishonen protag #15

>Drakengard 3
It's called Drag-On Dragoon 3 and it doesn't reference Gestalt. It's a really sad cope when you EOP subhumans think that fanfic tier localisation written by American transsexuals is proving something.

>It's called Drag-On Dragoon 3
YWNBJ

Attached: 1648923186276.jpg (464x468, 23.05K)

NOOO BUT MUH ONIIII CHAN

The history proved that no one wanted that ugly gorilla nigger MC and it was detrimental to the themes and overall presentation of the game. Brother Nier is a JRPG hero trope that gets deconstructed in Ending B, replacing him with a different trope from GoW to butter up white trash, so they can feel smug about playing totally deaf Westernized garbage was nothing but corporate meddling.

niggers will piss on your grave, mutt

>Brother Nier
>Grows from a teen boy into a man after the timeskip
>Papa Nier
>Goes from an old man into an old man after the timeskip
Also, KainexNier only makes sense with Brother because of their change in dynamic after the timeskip too

Attached: 1641822845602_(2).jpg (659x1024, 65.01K)

No because he's inferior.

>nothing but corporate meddling.
Sometimes creative directors need limitations put on them. Working within those limitations is how masterpieces are born, hence why Papa Nier is the intended way to experience the game. What you call corporate meddling is actually course correction.

You're outing yourself as an Automata secondary newfag right now because the only reason why this franchise even exists is because of the Western fanbase for Gestalt.

Nier is made by Japanese for the Japanese and Japanophiles. Big ugly American gorilla and English localization are blatant perversions of the original vision, the game should have never been made available in the West.
Keep malding.

>Nier is made by Japanese for the Japanese and Japanophiles.
Yet they didn't care about this game and an overwhelming amount of support came from the Western audience. Drakengard 3 and Automata only exists because of the West. The remaster for Replicant only exists because of the West. Cope. Kneel.

>The remaster for Replicant only exists because of the West.
why didn't they go with papa nier then

When you think about it Papa version is just over the top japanese Last of Us

I have no real stake in this debate (I like both Niers), but couldn’t you just fuck your own daughter instead of letting someone else? If siblings can do it then I don’t see what the issue would be, she might even get off on the “daddy-complex” thing women seem to have

Attached: medic.png (400x400, 237.56K)

this is still the funniest change in all of gaming and makes both Gestalt and Replicant worth playing through

Attached: 1620323578293.jpg (1276x1423, 294.26K)

I think the father daughter relationship works quite well. But you are right that the relationship with Kaine doesn't work as well. In fact, I would argue that even father Nier's relationship with Emil suffers from the change.

Papa Nier is not canon, fanfiction garbage made up by localization faggots, it's the same shit as SJW translator giving tomboys and traps tranny dialogue

Attached: 1640441144441.jpg (320x320, 82.26K)

>only Papa related anything is that the absolute worst father in Reincarnation got his clothes
it's over...

Attached: Screenshot_2021.09.21_22.53.17.062.png (1600x900, 629.86K)

>game gets DEFINITIVE rerelease without dadnier
>dadfags STILL cannot cope

Attached: 1649048928115.webm (640x640, 2.69M)

Attached: FDZFpvHWUAQuDPK.jpg (1981x2048, 191.63K)

>nooo it's not canon to our lord and savior so quirky taro therefore you can not like it!

>No Nier ver. 1.5 where you get to select between Gestalt or Replicant, play until you get Ending D, then you can only play the other version until you get ending D again, then play through Ending E as Kaine until you face the decision which Nier to delete forever
Come on Yoko, it's free money

Attached: E7lHaZTWUAEgtEf.png (806x799, 572.19K)

Localization changes are bad most of the time but this one was really good, even superior.
I prefer playing as a muscular dad, and father-daughter relation is stronger than brother-sister imo.
Also it's more coherent for the MC to be an adulat Chad than a teenager if he has to save/destroy the world and kill huge things.

he's in the game though

yeah as an easter egg lmao

They are too busy making 50 different Nier Automata crossovers in random ass games,

>Every story in Reincarnation is about dysfunctional families
>Every character quest is about mommy and/or daddy issues
I legitimately hate seeing Fiio events, they are systemically undoing every small joy and glimmer of hope Fiio has, there's a writer that loves to make her suffer
>What do I do for fun? I play with my friends, eat snacks, spend time with my mommy and daddy
>Events reveal she has no friends, has never tasted cake and her parents are abusive and neglectful and she cries herself to sleep
And Argo has still treated his daughter worse

reminder that Xbros got an FPS-boosted Gestalt, and XBL is now the only place to get it digitally.

>Papa Nier is not canon,
False
>fanfiction garbage made up by localization faggots
Better than the original.
>it's the same shit as SJW translator giving tomboys and traps tranny dialogue
Schizophrenic meltdown.

the only people who hate dad nier are automata fans and drakengard secondaries

this thread made me feel happiness again

you sound like a mega faggot and probably have a laundry list of mental illnesses

>Kaede
you're an actual homosexual lmfao

Before Replicant remake came out
>Papa Nier is so much better, playing as femboy nier is Cringe
After Remake comes out
>Femboy Nier is so much better, Papa Nier is cringe
You guys just follow whatever is popular at the moment

>Kaede
Nigga who?

Papafags, would you prefer if 9S looked like Kratos too?

Attached: 1648113529946.jpg (720x667, 34.21K)

More like:
Before Automata came out
>Papa Nier is so much better, playing as femboy nier is Cringe
After Automata came out
>OMG WATASHI WA NIHONGO DESU NE, BRING BACK TWINK NIER RIGHT NOW GOZAIMASU

i don't care, because automata is dogshit

Who knows? The only reason we can say that Gestalt is superior to Replicant is because both versions of the game exist and we can compare them.

you did get a full field of lunar tears, right Yea Forums? You do love your little sister, right?

Attached: prettyflowers.jpg (1443x702, 164.59K)

ofc user, i have the achievement in both versions :>

>removes original intent of having a young boy grow from a youthful hopeful soul into an adult tormented by guilt and bittersweet feelings
>destroys not one, not two, but three well written relationships between the protagonist and his companions
>introduced a relationship between a grown ass man and a teen which literally goes against the theme of the game
>makes it so a character has to be rewritten as not gay to avoid pedophilia(which was not present in the original, but would have in gestalt if that character was kept gay)
>turns a moment of realization that is pivotal to multiple other key later moments into a "wow you're ugly" removing any importance to that moment and in turn making those later moments into cryptic non-sense bullshit
>the original youthfulness is the entire reason why the character does what he does, but is now turned into a "he's jobless despite being over 40 and is overly reckless despite being a dad cause he's dumb"
>objectively superior
what the fuck have you been smoking?
Nier Gestalt is the literal embodiment of how to botch and ruin an entire game for the sake of "i want my dude bro protagonist", everything you all always complain about awful localization has been done to the max in Gestalt, it's literally one of the worst offenders.

>makes it so a character has to be rewritten as not gay to avoid pedophilia
This is good thing though? Being gay is just a phase/hormone imbalance. Being straight is normal and the default.

>fucking PUBG crossover
>no THPS crossover
truly the darkest timeline

Attached: E4mqNjPXoAQ4fJW.jpg (690x1128, 95.79K)

it's ok to be wrong, user

try again
papa felt so wrong i quit playing and tried the fantranslation and despite being incomplete and bugged that's what i played(on PS3 with a modded iso)

Attached: file.png (260x66, 1003)

god i hate shareX and how it randomly fucks up screenshots, picrel

Attached: file.png (1289x126, 57.28K)

>my personal anecdote reflects everyone else's experience
Yeah OK user, every single western Yoko Taro fan got their hands on a modded PS3, and made sure to import Nier Replicant from Japan, dump the files, decrypt them, install a fan patch and played the game that way.

It might of been if they hadn't kept the animations and dialogue from the original
It flat out looks retarded in cutscenes

Just use your browsers built in screenshot feature

Attached: file.png (516x391, 42.52K)

>import Nier Replicant from Japan, dump the files, decrypt them, install a fan patch
the iso can be downloaded, you know that right?

How does shareX fuck up screenshots?

Old Yea Forums prefered Papa Nier
Neo/v/ is filled with trannies and prefers shota nier

>RPCS3
>before Automata
Nice LARP retard, Nier wasn't even playable on RPCS3 until late 2017-2018. Outed yourself as an Automata secondary

>character relationships appear different when one of the characters' age is changed from a young boy to an adult man
Wow no shit?
I think the overall story is still stronger when you can't chalk up the things some of the central characters do to youthful naivete. Nier being a grown man who stumbles with his words, displays enthusiasm and later destructive stubbornness makes this weird, unattractive old man more relatable in a way that goes beyond the suggested cynical approach of some suits wanting to appeal to westerners by making the protagonist more like some macho shooter game guy. The coming-of-age elements to Nier's story are completely unnecessary and don't matter at its core. Nier being such an oddball combination of typical Japanese protagonist traits shoved into an atypical vessel makes him an effective stand-in for anyone, and again, not just for the sort of demographic the ages of brother or father Nier would imply. Nier does all the things he does out of self-righteousness and out of a desire to be with his family and to see them prosper, not just because he's a dumb kid.

Not an argument.

Old Yea Forums didn't know what nier was

no, papa fags are some of the most pathetic people ever

Yes they did newfag. Fuck off

Incorrect

This, how dare they have good taste

Good analysis

I was on Yea Forums in 2011. They had Nier threads. It's why I played it because they kept obsessing over it.

I got into Gestalt thanks to a Yea Forums recommendation

Nier was part of the 7th gen Yea Forums-core list alongside games like Dragon's Dogma. Lost Odyssey, Demon's Souls, Vanquish etc.

it was playable before that, just not completeable, why do you think i mentioned playing replicant with fanpatch on PS3?

i have no fucking clue, but when i draw anything on the area i want to capture(like the red box i drew there), sometimes it partially deletes everything the drawn line passes on and then only captures the drawn part

Don't forget STALKER

I got a Nier folder full of art from 2010 that I got off of here.

Attached: 12953625_p0.jpg (1280x960, 331.2K)

>7th gen Yea Forums-core list
yeah dude, one (1) [uno] guy put it on a chart for newfags. That doesn't mean anything

Have you played as papa Nier? He doesn't have any chemistry with Kaine at all and barely any with Emil.

>Schwingry
Someone has watched Wayne's World.

Attached: Excellent says Wayne.jpg (458x432, 64.33K)

hello ESL, you will never be Japanese