It's time to end the debate once and for all

Claymore vs Zweihander
>for elden ring

Attached: hjkdhkjdafsfjkh.png (1306x833, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMsJXA0Vitg
youtu.be/VrjBlLnBxwk?t=11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zweihänder

Zweihänder

Attached: zwei.png (591x821, 778.92K)

Neither.

Attached: omega.png (377x349, 118.01K)

While we're on the subject of weapon comparisons, Longsword vs Carian Knight sword

based

Why does it have the spikes near the hilt?

Bastard Sword

Attached: elden-ring.jpg (919x517, 161.34K)

claymore is baemore

>blast every soulsgame with zweihander
>elden ring launch, hype to do it again
>its absolute dogshit and makes the game x10 more harder and borderline impossible on some bosses

I might have been filtered, but it was a retarded wep with shit scaling and damage compared to other greatswords/ultras in the game

Attached: 1589581300288.jpg (319x326, 12.67K)

You can put one hand around that part between the spikes and the hilt for a more controlling position than with both hands on the hilt. The spikes are a hand guard if you do that position.

When it comes to weapon level and pvp does it count weapons in your inventory, or just weapons you have equipped?

it isnt really a comparison when they're different weapon types and one is objectively inferior to the other (hint: greatswords are dogwater shitass)

Highest level weapon you've ever made

For me it's Knight greatsword, love the look and animations even if it's not the best.
Gargoyle greatsword for sacred flame or holy infusion though, because I like how it looks and it has good scaling.

No clue which the best ones are.

Goddamn it, Rogier just fucked me then.

>greatswords are dogwater shitass
Yet they are still better than colossal weapons. The fuck does that say about them?

Just invade Raya lucaria with a +4 special or +10 normal weapon.

Both are based, but the Zweihänder is garbage and the Claymore is the best greatsword in the game which makes the people that use the Zweihänder even more based

trying to pvp in ng+ and people literally sit on roofs only reachable with torrent

it's faster but slow enough to still be as punishable but without the damage/stagger and jump+R2 cheeasability of colossals.

also zwei poke R2/roll R1 >>> claymore >>> rest of shitswords

Elden Ring's balancing is so fucked that the claymore does identical damage while being half the weight and twice the speed
There's no reason to use the zwei in Elden Ring

Cold Flamberge

worse claymore for hipster

Claymore looks like shit and is for tryhard PvP faggots that use it purely for the poke.

>Godslayer Greatsword has a unique UGS moveset that is faster than the others
>the Zweihander just uses the "iron slab" moveset despite being visibly the lightest by far

>only the Banished and Knights greatswords get the twirling R1s, only the Claymore gets pokes
>every other GS is just unga bunga slashes

Attached: doge pain.jpg (532x523, 80.57K)

Claymore's weapon art is fucking awesome

I have all three loaded to +12 right now and they're all very comparable at what each of them is trying to achieve.

Lord Sworn + Determination on a stab net me 1800 damage the other day on one of my tests (against a giant who has weak knees)

Flamberg

Bastard sword floats above your shoulder when holding it one handed

Iron Greatsword, because I'm not a homosexual

hell yeah

Claymore for the stabs

Attached: file.png (274x293, 38.99K)

>never parried before in my life
>invade a guy using fingerprint shield + poker
>swap to level 0 buckler
>kill him in 2 seconds
nice

I know this feel. Just watched this video today and I really wish they didn't make the animations so fucking awkward.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMsJXA0Vitg

Attached: 81649056_614.jpg (614x280, 35.13K)

You can still invade anyone with a +5 to +12 weapon.

Claymore can’t poke, zwei can tho
The reason this is the case is because they removed true hit combos. They kept the damage across the board in terms of scaling and raw damage, the only difference is that you cannot guarantee huge damage off the big weapons anymore making them really shit in retrospect. Claymore for example could dish out 1400 damage in a combo if they left the system alone while a katana would land perhaps 1000 ish damage 500 per hit in a combo. Now we have heavy weapons doing only 200 extra damage a hit but you have to take on 22 pounds of weight and make yourself unsafe most of your attacks and you have to wear less armor, and armor this time around is actually useful.

Attached: D440972C-7A65-48AD-A9C1-8D1EEED76F3A.jpg (720x904, 34.55K)

is Quality viable at all?

>is bloodhound fang viable at all?

It just seems worse than picking str or dex and using literally ANY ash of war with Heavy or Keen depending on your weapon of choice, since you can get A or S scaling which further improves the damage vs B scaling on both with quality

>want to go claymore + medium shield
>barely any damage
>barely any protection
>forced to do gay jump attacks, pokes and ashes to actually make it somewhat playable
>reqiurements are so low and scaling sucks so much ass that you are forced to go with FTH/INT hybrid shit and spells

fuck you miyazaki, all i wanted was to swing my claymore and block some attacks

Attached: 1636655128599.jpg (720x588, 24.23K)

I was at +3 level 25 in Stormveil but I noticed I started getting mostly twinks. I should have remembered about that rapier. So are weapon levels for invasion +/- 4 of whatever your highest weapon then?

>claymore can't poke
youtu.be/VrjBlLnBxwk?t=11

Mostly no. There hasn't been much point to quality since DaS3 with the inclusion of everything having dex and strength infusions that you can use to be more efficient and not waste points on both stats. That said, even then quality COULD be worth it because there were still a decent number of weapons that had quality scaling that you couldn't just infuse instead.

But with Elden Ring? There are basically no quality scaling somber weapons, just a rare few. Most others are some form of INT or FTH scaling combo instead. Or their scaling is shit and doesn't matter at all in the first place. So now more than ever, for melee characters, just pick either STR or DEX and focus on that.

Go try the knights greatsword, it the same weapon but it has a much nicer moveset, one which I think all greatswords should have so they dont seem like they are swinging the weapon like a retard by just slamming it into the ground.

this has always been the claymore's story, you either made it lightning/chaos, or accepted that your damage would have been shit. It's low requirements make it easy to build around without investing in quality tier scaling just to be on par with a katana

I don't think anyone quite knows what the ranges are yet. People keep applying DaS3's weapon matchmaking but it doesn't quite work the same way when upgrades go to +25 rather than only +10.

Plus I have no clue how somber weapons equate to normal weapons for matchmaking. If we split them up completely evenly, then 1 somber level should be equal to 2.5 normal levels, which makes it a pain in the ass. Is that how they determine it and it just rounds up or down? That's even assuming the game treats it as equal to 2.5 levels an that +2 somber = +5 normal. We don't actually know.

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the rogier thing. Between rogier's rapier and Edgar Gear Rising Revenger's halberd, almost all players at that point are practically guaranteed to end up with a +8 weapon unintentionally, and it's ONLY going to be people purposefully going out of their way to avoid those items who aren't at that weapon level or higher.

Claymore is the only greatsword in its class that can poke.

That's not true at all. Claymore has always been the poster child for the classic balanced quality build.

Sorry but I exclusively larp as Guts so there's only one valid GS in this game for me.

Conveniently named, Greatsword of course

Attached: 20220331230436_1.jpg (1920x1080, 625.06K)

I hate how the knight's greatsword can't stab with its R2. That 2-handed moveset with the claymore's stabs would have been an ideal greatsword.

Inseparable Blade has the same fancy two hand attacks as well.

>Greatswords? Kinda cringe, bro. For me, it's dual wielded Pickaxes.

Attached: file.png (766x794, 463.09K)

claymore has the best moveset in the game

>You use a weapon bro? Bit cringe. For me its the Briar Set

Attached: 452134234.jpg (859x960, 153.93K)

>larp as guts
>no blaidd armor
ngmi

>Remove vertical slams from ugs
>Give random moveset to godslayer twister
>Replace FUGS with a retarded int requirement weapon with no range
Why fromsoft do you hate ugs.

Use your crouch attack, dummy

Shadman's zweihander replacement looks fucking excellent, especially with the spin

>still using furfag armor for his guts cosplay
Sorry furry, but it's been decided

Night Cavalry armor = Gutskino

Attached: 20220331230300_1.jpg (1920x1080, 629.88K)

Wow what a unique idea, definitely don't see literally every person playing do this

>chads acting in unison
Based

Attached: 1648580221127.jpg (912x1024, 74.34K)

>he still plays as guts

This is a fucking cope. A vital attack such as that shouldn't be relegated to some awkward fucking bullshit where you need to do an L3 crouch first to get a decent attack. It shouldn't just been the 1HR2

>muh berserk armor
I FUCKING SLEEP. Call me when theres something like the black swordsman armor

>you can be knocked out of waterfowl dance in pvp and it does shit dmg
lol