Elden Ring Lore

Let's do a lore thread. Reminder

NO
-Ranni did nuffin wrong
-Marika killed godwyn
-Crucible schizos
-Malenia Radahn shitposting

So who is this guy that has statues all over? He's very prominent in the Lake of Rot, then he shows up outside Mohg's arena, then all over Mohg's arena. He seems to have legs replaced by tentacles in Mohg's arena, though.
I can't make out any symbols on the stone thing he's holding, but I can see enough to know it's unique and doesn't show up anywhere else.

Attached: WhoDis.png (1470x463, 1.51M)

Bump

Thought he was supposed to symoblize the outergod of rot.

Why's he in mohg's areas though? I thought he was maybe Gowry but the statues are all explicitly missing an eye

Really interesting how Malenia didn't die after we fought her. She basically transformed into the flower. The same flower that Milicent became after she was betrayed. Problem is that without betrayal Millicent would "fail" and die and gowry would've been sad that she abandoned them. However the flower is seen as an success that will eventually bloom. Seems like Malenia is truly immortal

I think we do fully kill malenia though.

Like we fully kill Millicent

Millicent hadn't bloomed into her final valkyrie form, so us "killing her" allows her transformation. We kill malenia once, she blooms into the goddess of rot, then we kill her again.

Presumably if we were to find millicent's bloomed valkyrie form and kill her again, we'd kill her for good too. That's my understanding at least.

>be the strongest being after Radagon/Marika
>wants to restore the golden order
>do absolutely nothing
why was he mind broken again?

Attached: elden_ring_guide_maliketh_boss_scene_6.jpg (1920x1080, 170.66K)

Nice trips. Do you really thinks she's not dead? I mean she transforms into a Goddess of Rot (3rd bloom) and later we take a needle out of her flower. Empyreans are cool and shit but not immortal.

Attached: FOavDDUVcAYgvrl.jpg (1080x1920, 627.35K)

I accidentally sold loss of myrmidon

her flower gets left behind though, and only if we snag Millicent's needle do we get the option of swapping it out with Miquella's broken needle from Malenia's bloom. Unless we use the rune of death on them we can't be sure ANY of them are dead for good

She dies like every other demigod after we reach the rune of death
In my understanding each demigod is immortal (unless we use special weapons like black flames or infused with death), but not undefeatable
that's why everytime we defeat them their corpses remain on the ground (except radahn who's inside Alexander) and only fade after we beat maliketh, Malenia is probably the flower but initially alive then dies

Marika cursed everyone

Their bodies dont fade tho, only Morgott fades away on Godfreys intro

So what the fuck are the eternal cities?

Since Seedbed Curses grow on bodies defiled by Dung Eater, how does he defile them? Genital mutilation?

>Why's he in mohg's areas though?
Mohg didn't build that place he just moved in, it's part of the eternal city.

Is Fia's ending bad? What does it mean to protect TWLID?

>Empyreans are cool and shit but not immortal.
Her flower abilities come from the influence of an outer God that's been around since at least the time of the eternal cities and has been able to manifest itself as an entire lake despite being in the greater will's domain, that flower is going to do some serious shit in the future.

Attached: 65786867879.png (1035x533, 652.15K)

Because the Fingers are assholes and furrybros like Blaidd get mind raped when their step siblings go against the GO.

It's hard to say. Cut content lines of her say "the Scarlet flower will always bloom" or something like that so that one was definitely planned. However even in the game only those that will eventually transform transform into a flower. On a side note apparently she has an idle animation when she sits on the chair. You can see it if you clip through the fog wall. I don't know if this is true or not but it quite interests me

Attached: 20220404_201944.jpg (2048x1751, 412.05K)

Seconded. All I known is that a long time ago Nokron got nuked for trying to plot against the GW.

Ibhate that half the stuff in ER lore boils down to 'It's another outer god lol'. It's monumentally lazy.

Who are the big skeletons in the chairs in Nokron and Nokstella? And was Godfrey about to fight Radagon/Elden Beast or was he waiting for the Tarnished?

The long arms reminds me of Miquella's transformation

Populated by a race of people called Numen, worshipped the black moon and plotted against the greater will. Astel came from the stars and fucked them up.

Attached: 65765867.jpg (720x540, 38.57K)

You didn't kill a single demigod except Radhan tho
Even Rykard is still alive

>Who are the big skeletons in the chairs in Nokron and Nokstella?
probably another race like the giants, not really clear.
>was he waiting for the Tarnished?
He was just about to head inside but stopped to hold Morgott, he didn't seem to be expecting the tarnished to show up at that moment.

Attached: 1648485417775.jpg (1448x2048, 343.32K)

They were creating artificial life in the hopes of creating a "lord", presumably the Lord of Night mentioned below, the Silver Tears and Mimic Tears are failed results of those experiments. It's unclear whether the Albinaurics were DIRECTLY created there or whether people just used Nokron's research to make them, but it's confirmed that the Albinaurics come from the same rite (which is why they also have silvery, clotted blood as artificial life). The Dragonkin Soldiers were also attempts to mimic real dragons, but they fell short.
We also know the Numens used to live there according to Rogier, though there don't seem to be any left by the time we get there, and since Numen are said to have come from outside the Lands Between, means they must have settled there.
>Long ago, the Nox invoked the ire of the Greater Will, and were banished deep underground. Now they live under a false night sky, in eternal anticipation of their liege. Of the coming age of the stars. And their Lord of Night.
They went against the Golden Order and got nuked by Astel for their trouble. And while this dips into speculation, could be an explanation for why the Black Knives would be willing to kill Godwyn.

>frenzied flame ending leads to Dark Souls
>Melina has a crows foot tattoo and opposes the MC
Melina is Velka.

>

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.45.05 AM.png (627x445, 391.6K)

Books when?

>Ranni did nuffin wrong
she literally did

its mainly her fault that everything fell into chaos because instead of taking the throne as Marika's succesor she killed her half-brother and it led into destruction of ER and abandonment of Greater Will
she fucked up hard, she's dumb whore who thinks only of herself, fuck Ranni
she should be crucified by other demigods

Can any Japbros confirm something regarding Night Maiden's Mist?
>Below Sellia, the Eternal City of Nokron sleeps. This sorcery originates from the maiden of that place.
Is "maiden" supposed to reference a single, particularly important maiden, or does it just refer to the generic Nightmaidens you fight?

Are the modern dragons (wyverns) sapient? Sad we never get to talk to one.

That's interesting. Is he in Siofira River as well?

Yes, Lanssex took human form to chase Vyke's cock, and Adula swore a nightly oath to Ranni. Magma Wyrms are just people who ate too many dragon hearts. It's probably safe to assume every dragon is sapient.

Malikeith needs the Unalloyed needle

Yeah he's all over the rivers, seems to be a major figure of the civilization the claymen are from.
It's possible this civilization is different from the two Nok cities as they have totally different architecture

*knightly

yes, the gemstone dragon Adula was beaten by Ranni in a fight and thought she was cool so became a follower of her, that's why it's guarding her tower and chapel.

Attached: 1648998196175.png (662x675, 532.78K)

Everybody would become TWLID so there is no need to hunt them down.

Hes loyal to Marika
But also he is loyal to Golden Order
Marika broke the Elden Ring and thus also Golden Order, which then in turn broke his mind because he cant process having allegiance to both when they are in conflict
So he just keeps doing the one job that he was assigned to do, even though its now in jeopardy, because his job was to keep death out of the ruleset and the ruleset is broken and not governing shit properly
Being shadow of empyrean is suffering

So how exactly do you deal with pic related in non Fia, non Frenzy endings?

Attached: 1649033177633.jpg (1920x1080, 312.64K)

They probably attack us on sight because of Dragon Communion being a thing. Attack first so you don't get your heart ripped out.

You mean Rennala?

Maybe he was the previous Lord of the Night.

Miquella seemed to have been working on a way to give Godwyn true death. He's still alive at the end so maybe when he wakes up he'll help you out.

>Of the coming age of the stars
What does it mean, Rannibros? Was the Snow Witch from Nokron?

My headcanon: Summon the Eclipsed Sun and kill him with Miquella rune power, because extra holy damage.

They have the same goal.

>We also know the Numens used to live there according to Rogier
Do you have the quote?
Thats interesting
Also something to note: That 'ire of Great Will' the nox invoked, is a different sin to the one that was the 'downfall' of the eternal city eventually, which I think Astel is related to.

You recall our conversation about the Night of the Black Knives, yes?
They say the assassins who carried out the deed were scions of the Eternal City.
A group entirely of women, arrayed in armour of silver under cloaks which fooled the eye.
The knives they wielded though, were imparted with the power of the Rune of Death through sinister rite.

サリアの地下には
永遠の都、ノクローンが眠っている
これは、その巫女の魔術であるという

What items described that downfall again? And what makes you think the two were different?

Radahn gets “eaten” by Alexander

>frenzied flame ending leads to Dark Souls
Absolutely wrong, Fia ending leads to Dark Souls if you believe any of them do (which is not canon)

his statues are all over the eternal cities and in a specific spot in liurnia
he's probably someone from that ancient civilization

>Marika killed godwyn
>still no proof
>still no motive whatsoever
>trust us it's what happened because the black knife set says that all the assassins were women from the same country/land as Marika and they were friendly before the assassination
They fucked up the lore so badly in this game that it's gone from "eventually you can get the full story" to "here's 1/3 the puzzle just fill in the blanks lmao".

Attached: 1642533211935.jpg (560x565, 45.35K)

I don’t think everyone would necessarily become undead, since under the golden order you can still have erdtree burials

Why does castle sol have banners of the bleeding sun from DS3?

Attached: 1619404925316.jpg (2560x1080, 759.62K)

It’s just an eclipse, because Miquella and other people at Sol were trying to do some eclipse magic

Interesting, I've been trying to figure out the repeating Double Helix that pops up in lot of places, it seems to be related to getting rid of outer god influence largely.
Fingerslayer Blade being the most notable example and what got me interested. I think it was made of Godwyns corpse, as it looks a lot like the sacred sword and the Fingerslayer description talks about it being made from corpse that seems stranegly specific for such and important key item.
Which would also make Ranni 5d chess gigabrain
Well just because the Nox thing is talking about just banishing them undeground and then the downfall is talking about basically destroying the Eternal City, it seems that either Nox were banished and went to live in Eternal City that was already there, or its that they then founded the place and later on, the Eternal City itself again, went against Greater Will and got fucked.
I don't think anything is saying that the City itself got banished underground.
If there is something that acutally makes it clear these two events are one and the same, then I'm mistaken and would love to know about it.

Attached: 1648743495316.png (2200x1024, 500.98K)

Radahn life is sad..

I hope Miquella's twinblade is a good weapon when they add it. Looks cool.

yeah but since when do eclipses bleed?

Attached: 1646603649018.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

The Mending Rune of Death will mess up GO.

the dude in the bottom of the stormwind castle.
its him before he went full monster.

>Numen = Nox
nothing except Rogier's speculation (which by itself doesn't prove anything) points to that

because they know they can reuse whatever and people will just zanzibart it.

NOBODY ever said marika killed godwyn
its just shitpost, are you fucking retarded?
ranni literally says she killed him in order to free her soul out of body holy fucking shit SHUT THE FUCK UP RETARD

That's interesting desu. Remind me what the Eclipsed Sun do in DS?

>Double Helix that pops up in lot of places
it also shows up on the back of malenia(?)'s throne. There's an illustration of a bearded man with twisting legs, not the same sort of beard as the statues in the eternal city though.

my headcanon is that this guy is uld/uhl and their dynasty which predates the elden ring existing was built around ancestor spirit worship, they also built the claymen

Some other shit with the double helix
>Godslayer Greatsword
>Crucible spear chest piece
>Miquellas needle
>The 'rune' or seal over the altar depicting a kid with three wolves after Maliketh fight
>Depraved perfumer robe

last one interestingly says
>The embroidery on the apron is itself a curse upon the Erdtree.
Oh shit missed that, thank you man

crossing trees greatshield

canonically all mending rune endings have you marry Marika with particular things added to the Golden Order, similar to how astrology magic was once heretical but became kosher

>yeah but since when do eclipses bleed?
since berserk.

Attached: 56765768678.jpg (1920x1184, 249.82K)

who is to say its not an easter egg, or perhaps the shattering of the golden order sent the world into the events before demon souls? what if, elden ring is the true prequal ?

The Eternal city ants also drop Numen souls. The Nox monks were riding those ants.