ITT: Midwit gaming opinions

ITT: Midwit gaming opinions.

>BotW would be better if your weapons didn't break!

Attached: weapon.png (669x735, 888.63K)

botw would be better if there was anything to find in the world other than half life 2 physics puzzles that give you either a spirit orb or a korok seed. Breaking weapons plays into this because an easy way to add reward for exploration would be different kinds of gear, but that's still the least of the games problems as it has no dungeons and 5 types of enemies total.

They can keep durability ONLY if we can repair our weapons and vary them too.

played it twice, once vanilla once modded
modded with 5x durability reduction was more fun even after exploring the entire world once
cope & sneed tendie

Attached: 1625426285895.png (649x438, 180.79K)

If you're pro weapon durability in BoTW then you have to be pro stickers in paper mario. They are mechanically the same thing.

This, the durability is fine in theory but with how quickly it runs out and no way to upkeep rare weapons aside from reobtaining them the whole mechanic was just a nuisance that keeps you from using the cooler weapons.

>RE4 would be sooo much better if you could move while aiming!

Attached: ss_254ff088257d644c493be6735bc75caf0f8930c7.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1068, 1.89M)

It is though. That's why re2make was so popular.

Yes, because that makes players to be afraid of using the cool weapons since they will be destroyed. It's a meme feature.

No, it's not. This restriction is what makes the game a bit more fun and challenging.

>There haven't been any good Pokemon designs since [game that came out when I was 12]!

nothing would fix atrocious combat of botw

>game's replayability is tied to loot/options available
Absolutely not
If a game's fun, you'll play it again
Simple as

Attached: 1598216622270.jpg (1153x1280, 123K)

> Hollow Knight's map is too big and there's too much backtracking! It's just filler!

Attached: Promo_04.png (2000x1147, 2.43M)

I agree.

Every town should have a blacksmith. It makes the town more alive, and it lets you keep stuff.
Let me repair weapons I'm holding for a smaller fee, and let me fix any of the last 20 broken weapons for a large fee.

Actually when I was 15. It's not nostalgia, new pokemon objectively suck you faggot ass nigger zoomer.

Its not midwit, its just dumb

Weapons breaking is core to the experience, however they break too frequently hopefully BOTW2 has a more transparent durability system, higher durability for all weapons, And a system where before they outright break weapons dull or something so you have to go repair them. If you use a dull weapon it does less damage and will break but a sharp weapon will not break just grow dull, meaning in situations where you havnt repaired your weapon in a while you might need to sacrifice something. Also make repairing weapons very expensive or something you can only do at few places to encourage players to use multiple weapons all the time ALSO make a secret weapon that you can only use against zelda when she's not facing you, Links dick, and link can dick down Zelda in her asshole ONLY (vagina is for beedle only)

Today's games would be better if they weren't open world

>however they break too frequently
Nah, they take a bit to break.
If you go and compare the damage numbers, weapon durabilities, and enemy HPs, it's quite generous.
I don't remember the numbers exactly, but an example would be the game's start:
Boko Clubs do 4 damage, and last for 18 swings. Red Bokoblins have like 12 health and the blue ones are like 36 or some shit. You can comfortably use a single boko club to kill multiple bokoblins before breaking it, and most of those bokoblins drop more boko clubs.
The numbers scale proportionally as the game goes on, since the next world level has Blues become common, and boko clubs get replaced by spiked boko clubs which do like 12, and 3-shot the blue ones like how the regular 3-shot the reds.

Attached: 1530915108987.jpg (810x872, 207.07K)

Durability is never a fun mechanic

Who asked.

>DaS2 is a good game, just not a good souls game

This, i would rather have 10-15 unique weapons with unique movesets that can break but be repaired instead of an inventory filled with 500 of the same weapons like they are consumables.

BOTW would be better if the weapons didn't have absolutely dogshit movesets. Elden Ring, Souls and even OOT completely fucking mog the game in that regard. Even then, that wouldn't help the dogshit enemy variety and lack of worthwhile places to explore.

All they needed in terms of durability was a blacksmith to repair items. I wouldn't even care if weapons had their same durability levels if they just were in a broken state that you could repair. Them poofing into nothing was stupid, as no other link had to deal with that.

BoTW is a masterpiece

>"Women aren't ruining games."

I want a system where I can take a weapon I like to the very end of the game. Shield durability is much better imo, also a system where if you use your weapon right like a shield you can negate the durability damage? Maybe weapons dont take durability damage against certain enemy types?

>I want a system where I can take a weapon I like to the very end of the game.
Yeah, but that conflicts with the game having such a large weapon variety.
Let's assume that the Master Sword never broke at all. Why would you EVER use any other weapon after that? You'd just carry one elemental weapon of each type for puzzle purposes.

Hi, midwit.

you are arguing with a retard who doesn't understand botw's durability mechanic and wants another generic "hoard a bunch of garbage and never use any of it" game

Oh fun game
Here's mine
>BOTW is a good game

That would be a good thing. Being forced to change weapon every 5 minutes isn't fun, it's Borderlands level bullshit and makes them all feel about as cool and interesting as picking up and throwing the nearest rock.

You are a retard if you're scared of the weapons breaking. The game gives you so many weapons you can't even carry them all. Just use the weapons and if they break you'll find another one soon enough.

>Let's assume that the Master Sword never broke at all. Why would you EVER use any other weapon after that?
Because I like some of the other weapons. The windcleaver, for example.

that's a problem too, the game has too many weapons. if you open a chest and get a weapon you've wasted your time and it's more of a punishment than a reward. doubly so since you'll have to chuck something out in order to take it, and after a certain point you're carrying only weapons you like.

>bro you're a midwit if you dont like all the mechanics in the new nintendo game
>not true
>BRO WHO THE FUCK ASKED LMAO?!

Attached: 1604282483857.png (1080x1080, 829.76K)

hence making some weapons better against certain enemies, just ways to preserve a weapon you like, not to use it the whole game but to keep it with me to use sometimes

I haven't used half of cool weapons i found because i didn't want them to break
This mechanic did exact opposite of what it supposed to do for me

It is. See Dead Space

>feature designed to hide the lack of meaningful rewards would make the game worse if it was removed
no sht, OP

>BotW would be better if your weapons didn't break
if there were side quests that rewarded unique unbreakable but not OP weapons then I'd agree

Technically, there are the champion weapons which you can repair as much as you want

>Persona 3 is bad because your party is AI-controlled

Attached: 71sDJoN9w0L._SL1500_.jpg (1157x1500, 137.24K)

The weapon argument is retarded but the system itself is retarded due to the game being open world which is a really weird predicament Nintendo conjured up for themselves.

>Entire game is more akin to a sandbox where the games systems are the majority of what makes the open world fun to fuck around it. Therefore, weapon durability fits the overal sandbox/survival nature of the open world setting
>exploration is completely negated (which is a huge problem if you're making an open world game closer to Morrowind/Gothic as opposed to a pretty braindead sandbox like MGSV/Just Cause 2).

It's just really weird and i'm curious to see how Nintendo solves it in the sequel. Zelda games put an emphasis on the world so turning it into a braindead "but its fun" sandbox will make it feel even less like Zelda.

My problem, is especially on repeat playthroughs on Master mode, there's literally no point in hindsight, exploring the world lmao. Why clear a mokoblin camp that's gonna span and likely not going to offer anything remotely valuable to the 3+ weapons you need to go through to clear out the area?

So this isn't an argument for or against durability because the system itself is both smartly implemented if you view BoTW as a braindead sandbox, yet horribly implemented if you view it as an adventure/exploration game like every other Zelda game (yes even the 1st one before that faggot parrots that hilariously inaccurate "back to da roots!!111" argument).

So I actually like the idea behind durable weapons and it definitely fits the tone Nintendo tried to go for with BoTW (survival sandboxy game), but as an adventure game which I feel Nintendo obviously also was going for. Weapon Durability is a horrible mechanic.

Really curious as to what BoTW2 will have.

Attached: 54f.png (800x771, 400.15K)

BOTW's durability is shit because you run into this scenario:
>get new weapon that you enjoy
>wow great okay better manage its durability

Follow by three ways to deal with it when you are exploring, which is the entire reason to play the game:
(1)
>see a pack of moblins
>"hmm there's a chest and a whole area over there i never explored"
>"i better use a shittier weapon so i can save my good weapon for something more important"
>use the shitty weapon
>shitty weapon breaks
>replace with new shitty weapons
>repeat ad infitinium never using the actual good weapon

(2)
>see a pack of moblins
>but i dont want to break my good weapon and really, what will the reward be? some moblin weapons and arrows?
>dont interact with enemies or encampment, skip the entire thing

(3)
>see a pack of moblins
>fuck it ill use the good weapon
>good weapon breaks
>gain shitty moblin weapons in return
>chest had 30 rupees in it
>wow im never doing that again

Durability is just a bad system and many games that came before and after BOTW have proven that countless times.

Attached: 1641184215257.jpg (900x900, 55.1K)

>after a certain point you're carrying only weapons you like
why is this bad?

because they break or need to be thrown out constantly. it's incredibly frustrating. you own nothing in this game except armor, there isn't even a recipe book.

>Motion controls are good
Even worse if the fag defends gyroshit or spams that one youtuber who shills nintendo like hell while shitting on Sony 24/7 because no waggle

That's always been a dogshit argument. You diversify the moveset, that's how. The Master Sword should have a bland moveset, while it does extra damage on Ganon affiliated monsters, and sword beams that don't do much damage on other enemies.

Other weapons within the straight sword archetype should have unique moves and properties that make them different.. like Souls, yet again.

How small brained are you?

Gyro controls are the only way you can shoot on console without needing to be babysat by aimbot, so of course consolefags like you hate it. Fucking Mario Oddyssey had better shooting than most actual shooters on console because of it.

I agree with almost all of the opinions stated here.
Proof enough that Yea Forums is entirely unrelated to the actual world of gamers out there, which I am a part of.

There really isn't any aimbot or shit. It is just pcnigger propaganda that nintrannies leeches on thanks to nintendo pushing waggle everywhere.
Twin sticks is tried and true method for aiming.
The biggest reason nintendo pushes waggle is because the joycons have horrid drift, making it impossible to aim with sticks. Of course stockholm syndrome tendies praise the shit out of waggle after that. Pcniggers just fear losing to consoleplayers in shooters

Attached: Ragnarok.jpg (1079x1172, 366.85K)

i don't understand. if the game showers you with replacements for weapons in order to encourage you to use your weapons as ammo, why is it a problem to have extras of them?

Midwit found.

first post fuckin nails it

I have put a lot of thought into this dilemma myself, and I think I have a compromise that could work for the next game:
>weapons still have durability, uses are marginally buffed but otherwise works the same
>monster parts can be combined to reinforce weapons
>reinforcement nulls some of the attack damage in exchange for a weapon lasting longer
>duration of reinforcement is directly scaled by the worth/strength of the master part(s) used
>reinforcement itself wears down over time but can be reapplied
>weapons that are reinforced are visually distinct from a regular weapon, with white-bone accenting
>a "snap" sound plays when reinforcement breaks, as well as the visual changing
>you explicitly CANNOT repair the base weapon, only add reinforcement

This way, you effectively add a sort of 'armor' to your weapons, so if you have a handful of favorites you want to keep a long time, the option to do so is there. Otherwise, weapons will still break at a similar rate they did in the original game. You cannot simply give yourself an infinite supply of a strong or overpowered weapon, unlike you could if you could reforge or directly repair a weapon. Thoughts?

Weapon durability works well in normal mode, imo, but is absolute cancer in master mode and that's where its inherent flaws become readily apparent. In master mode, I quickly realized there was no reason to fight most enemy camps as I would only make a net loss on equipment in doing so - especially for camps that didn't provide any means of environmental damage (such as water or a steep cliff).

"Everything is fun with friends"

A shit game is not fun with friends. I've played shit games with friends before and we fucking drop them rather than try to force them to be fun.

Playing a shooter on a controller in any other way is beyond retarded. You like sticks because you have baby duck syndrome.

you have to throw out weapons you like. it sucks. it's like getting set back every time you do, there's no weapon progression whatsoever, just a seesaw. it makes the combat as fun as chucking rocks.

That's true though, there's not enough to find in that game to justify how much you have to walk around. Compare it to any of the exploration based Castlevanias or even Bloodstained, which are shorter games that give you something new to play with every 5 minutes.

Is this the part where we ignore weapons with unique properties like elemental effects, bonus effects like crit chance and throwing range, and different materials like bone, metal, and wood?

yes i understand only changing re4 to let you move and not adjusting enemies to compensate for the change would be bad design, however:
>the action shooter game should root you in place to fire a gun
is a fucking retarded concept to begin with
why are boomers like this?

You're strawmanning. Saying that RE4 is fine the way it is and is built around that mechanic is not the same as saying that all games should root you to the floor when you aim.

NTA but what do elements, random perks, and materials have to do with movesets?

the easiest way to know someone is a complete shitter is to learn their stance on gyro aiming. only the incompetent and the ignorant will call it a bad feature.

sony has gyro aiming too, because it's better. with any luck stick aiming will be dead soon. maybe then consolefags will finally be able to play shooters against pc users on a semi-level playing field

I'm saying RE4 would be better if both the root-to-shoot was removed and enemies were designed with that in mind. the REmakes prove that.

Same. If it can be break, then it should be fixed. I hated the durability in that game. Just a smokescreen to make the player play the game longer thus developing Stockholm syndrome.

Those aspects were obviously implied by my post. Doesn't excuse them from ignoring weapon movesets though. The laziness in weapon diversity in BOTW is staggering

Based

Don’t worry user. I’m behind you on this shit
Just want to say the land is barren and somehow hl2 physics and a piano key every hour somehow justifies the emptiness.

I like it, it forces you to use the crap you pick up.
I hate when open world games give you a bunch of shit to fill your inventory that you'll never need to use.

Hopefully botw2 actually has dungeons in it also hope the weapons aren’t made of paper.

>Older games were just better

Well its less about movesets and more about expanding its utility. For instance, an ice weapon is best used either for CCing a more dangerous enemy in a group or for setting up a damage combo by freezing it before going for a massive hit with another weapon. Electric weapons can be used to shock enemies, disarming them and letting you steal their weapons for free. While it might not change your swinging animation, the impact various weapon properties have can greatly change up how you approach different combat scenarios and that is where BotW's depth comes from. People who ignore this and just mash on enemies are the ones who find themselves losing all their "cool weapons" after a dozen fights or so.

Just because the swing animation doesn't change does not mean weapons don't have different combat purposes or fighting styles.

Those things are a given though. What you mentioned is absolutely important but they are the bare minimum and should be expected in a game like BOTW.

None of that excuses the absolute dogshit variety in the movesets. It would have absolutely more to do than just changing an animation like placement, how the enemy is moving, etc. This isn't fucking Minecraft. This is a successor to games like OOT, TP and SS - which all had better combat despite having piss easy enemies.

so if you know you can easily replace a weapon you have that you like, why aren't you using that weapon? you wouldn't have to throw them out for no reason if you actually used them for their intended purpose of killing shit. the game lets you hold a shitload of weapons so there's no reason not to have a few empty slots to pick up new ones. this is such a weird complaint, i honestly don't get it

You're talking like those aspects are huge innovations in BOTW when tons of other game shave had that before. Doesn't excuse dumbing down everything else. The game should have half the weapons and make them actually unique.