Switch sales

Imagine telling an N64 kid in the 90's that in about 30 years Nintendo is going to make a console that uses cartridges and BTFOs the PS1 in sales. And could very well reach PS2 levels of sales.

Attached: switchsales.jpg (307x280, 13.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110722094946/http://scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>stooping to the level of numbersfaggots
ngmi

PS5 is a bigger brand than nintendo

>2022
>cartridges
>somehow still the best for loading times and handhelds
guess nintendo was right all along, even sony went with carts for the vita

>Still thinking it will beat PS2 sale numbers

Attached: 4a8.png (1366x768, 896.24K)

The PS2 sold 87.47 million units in the first five years. The Switch sold 103.54 million units in 4 years nine months. It's time to pack it up

Why?

And? The switch isn't gonna last a couple more years and Nintendo will get the Switch 2 or whatever its called out by then.
Its not gonna sell 50 million more in those couple of years.

Genuinely asking, what's the reason for the PS2 selling 50 million units after the PS3 came out? Is it just the DVD player?

South America and Africa

Third world countries and the abundance of easily pirated games.

Kid really did not give a fuck about sales. I wouldn't even believe that the PS1 wa sold more than the N64 lol

I would have said that's good and makes sense, CD load times are gay

>PS5
>is a brand
Kek

The PS2 in South America was cheap as sin after the PS3 realease, also the console in said region broke more often due to the use of burned DVDs instead of original games, and since they where cheap people would simple buy another PS2, I would said that if we don't count people re buying the console there would have been around 120M PS2 sold, similar to the PS4 wich is as big as the PS2, but since people aren't as poor as 15 years ago the software is not in such a bad shape.

whats weird is that the ps4 didn't sell more after the PS5 shortage problems

>YES MY PLASTIC BOX SOLD MORE THAN YOURS

Market cap, see

They stopped producing them until recently

If you told me that in the 90s i would probably say

>why are you telling me about what a different company is doing, i dont care what sony does, I just like mario and zelda, why are you obsessed with sales, lol, im going back to playing mario kart, you are weird, mister

I was playing SNES 30 years ago...and when I got an N64 I had no idea about any numbers. All I knew was that I had more games and better games than my friends with a PS1.

Attached: 1629144876362.jpg (500x581, 55.27K)

>using lol in the 90's

Attached: mfw.png (343x256, 154.41K)

>more games and better games
Lol, the first 2 years of the N64 where awful, wtf are you on about?

I mean if we don't count people rebuying the Switch it will be the same deal. Real amount would probably be around 70-80 million.
I have known way too many people who have 2 or more switches in one household

>pilot wings
>super mario 64
>wave race 64
>killer instinct gold
>crusi'n usa
>star wars: shadows of the empire
>mario kart 64
>turok
>blast corps
>doom 64
>star fox 64
>mother fucking goldeneye
>extreme-g
>clayfighter
>diddy kong racing
>bomberman 64
>wcw vs nwo: world tour
>mortal kombat mythologies: sub-zero
Those are all games that came out before 1998 which I owned. The N64 was a fucking beast.

It’s already BTFO of snoy in every category, what are you on about?

>cut PS4 production
>make almost all future games PS4/PS5 cross gen
what the fuck sony

Nintendo just recently said they were at the system's half-life.

Probably has to do with the chip shortage, since it's already tough enough for Sony to secure the parts needed for PS5s. Microsoft and Sony goofed by starting a new, decently powerful generation at the worst possible time.
>BUH MUH PS4 ALREADY LASTED TOO LONG
I won't disagree with that, but with big games routinely taking so long to make now, it would make sense for the last generation to last longer. Christ, even Nintendo's taking 6 fucking years to do an asset-flip sequel to BotW.

>lists the entire n64 library in one post
Sure was a "beast" alright...

Attached: gr.png (762x615, 358.81K)

They're also going to get another 2-3 years just off BotW 2, which is still a year from now.

When do you think it originated, you underaged faggot?

Those were the games - that I owned - that came out between September 1996 and December 1997. I was also 12 and that was a lot of games back then.

Still not better than the PS1, maybe SM64.
Yhea but I can guarantee that most people with a switch buy at least two for their kids and shit but the PS2 slim would broke if you looked at it, mine came with the power button fucked up and I had to change it for another PS2, and after 3 years of use (pirated games mostly) it broke.

Cartridges were always better than discs

>Switch beat the PS2
>Enter thread about it on Yea Forums
>Post “that means nintendo and tendies are even more normalfag than snoy”
>Leave thread

PS2 is hard to consider because they include fucking repairs in that number so it's impossible to know how many unique PS2s were ever shipped and sold to consumers
That being said, I could see it hitting 120 mil by the end of this year. If the Switch 2 comes out in 2024 instead of 2023, it could hit 135 mil.

>The switch isn't gonna last a couple more years
The chip shortage is indefinite

>believing nintendo's lies
See you in two years when their new console comes out.

tendies will fall for this bait because they’re retars

Zoomer who grew up with the Wii here, what else did the N64 have besides Mario 64 and Zelda 64?

>in about 30 years

Attached: 1591876451638.gif (111x112, 20.74K)

Sony stopped production of PS4, only to have to start up production again but only made 1 million units

>Still not better than the PS1

>tony hawk
>tekken
>ff7
>twisted metal
>...
>?

Nintendo should release a new console that have barely any esential updates and overprice it, so they can dry tendies money. they deserve it

About 2 dozen of the best couch multiplayer games ever to exist

>what else did the N64 have besides overrated 64 and overrated 64?
they had two more games, which weren’t overrated

I can tell you that as an N64 kid in the 90's that would have mean fucking nothing to me. I had no clue what the sales were like, or why cartridges vs discs was a big deal.

probably this, as a huezilian i fixed my PS1 many times but got like 3 PS2 slim, the fat one would last forever, only got 2 fats with the first one lasting around 10 years(without considering that i bought it used).

Yeah, the Switchi Up AKA Switch pro which will sell another 12.5+ million units.

What's it like having a black hole for an anus?

>mother fucking goldeneye
This was probably one of the biggest, "holy shit I can't believe this is real" moments in the history of gaming. It's hard to imagine now if you weren't there since FPS have just been refining the same formula since then, but at the time it was mind blowing yes, even if you played PC games.

97 alone
Ff7
Fft
Gt1
Sotn
Alundra
Ace combat 2
SFex alpha
Crash2
Klonoa
MegaMan legends
MegamanX4
Bof3
Tomb raider 2
Tales of destiny
The slim was trash it even scratched the discs.

>btfo PS1 in sales
PS1 had 105 million
>btfo PS2 in sales
Hasn't even surpassed nor came close to the PS4, which was also nowhere near close to the PS2.

Kinda funny watching tendies play the part of the snoys they hated for using "Muh sales" during the PS4 era. You corporate consolebabbies are all the same

Attached: 1648580221127.jpg (912x1024, 74.34K)

I'm curious to know if you have any idea how many units the Switch has sold.

Switch has been selling like shit in 2022.

>PS1 had 105 million
102.49 million, dipshit. Nice try. Source:
web.archive.org/web/20110722094946/http://scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html
And in case you need some help and need it spelled out explicitly: 103.54 (the Switch) IS a bigger number than 102.49 (the PS1).
>btfo PS2 in sales
I love how you phrase that quote as if to say OP was talking in the present/recent past tense or with certainty about the Switch beating PS2.
>And could very well reach PS2 levels of sales.
>could very well
>could
>could
Very important difference.

I can't tell if you're illiterate yourself or trying to trick other illiterate anons. It's equally likely with how common retardation and petty psychopathy both are on this board.

Attached: smugstimpy2.jpg (788x616, 68.14K)

Kids don't care about sales because they actually play games instead of autistically dissecting and parading around the income of corporate toy brands at adulthood as if it's personal gain unlike the failures here.

it already surpassed that number long time ago in fact surpassed the ps1 and ps2 console sales already with less time on the market (ps2 reached over 100 million but only thanks to being on the market almost 20 years)

I don't want to end up as hater and I like the Switch, it is my favorite modern console but I don't really find Switch sales anything that impressive at all. To outsell PS1 i 5 years is not that much of and achievement considering gaming market is far bigger now that it was in the 90s.

Attached: 1646500726796.jpg (768x1024, 91.71K)

Yes but PS2 sold long after PS3 came out. It was only at around 100 millions when PS3 came out which means it sold additional 50+ millions way into new generation. That kind of thing can never happened again especially nowadays when people are used to new tech devices every single year. As soon as Nintendo launches new console in maybe 2-3 years Switch sales will be dead.

0/10 bait.

They only used optical media at the time because it had bigger storage space.

Now that storage space isn't an issue anymore, optical media is obsolete.
Hell, games have to be installed in your PS4/5 Xbox, etc to be played because discs are shit.

That's why Sony and MS want to go full digital already.

In the same time period the PS1 sold 75M units, funny enough the second best selling console in the 6th generation was also the PS1 due to the PSONE selling 28M units.