Would you rather have botw2 now, or wait a year so it could hit a 98+ score

would you rather have botw2 now, or wait a year so it could hit a 98+ score

Attached: 1648571158386.jpg (2158x1168, 509.51K)

Attached: elden ring crying.png (778x950, 624.52K)

If we’re having to wait so long, this bitch better be a high 99.9

>botw2 delayed because nintendo knew it could never compete in the same year as Elden Ring
Looking to be great, im sure the nintentoddlers will eat it up if it ever releases

threadly reminder

Attached: 1645668423792.jpg (2930x1148, 1021.23K)

I'm having fun with Elden Ring right now so i can wait for BotW2, think the first one is the only game i have played the most on my switch.

I'd rather have it release on the Switch 2 with 60fps 1080P and graphics that don't look like something from 2008.

Why are they trying to push the Elden ring vs Botw2? Are snoys butthurt that their console is not the most popular anymore?

it can release whenever, i don't mind waiting. i actually own more than 2 games so i have plenty to play instead of bitching and whining over a fucking zelda sequel.

It's just the Discord trannies

Attached: 1647456795546.png (1460x228, 77.75K)

Kek this image didn't age well, did it?

Seems like the only game capable of coming close to BotW is BotW2. Why can't other developers compete?

It aged very well. Every few minutes a new thread appears complaining about Elden Ring.

nintendo bonus

remember, no matter how much tendies try to say otherwise, each and every bad aspect of Elden Ring is much worse in BOTW
convince me otherwise

Where can I join this discord? It looks fun.

>redditfrog
>cancerjak
Kill yourself

Attached: shittymemedestructionindustries.gif (680x524, 836.38K)

>each and every bad aspect of Elden Ring is much worse in BOTW

lol nah. BotW's open world is dynamic and systemic and lends player agency. Its open world is gamified and has meaning.

Elden Ring is a barren sterile world. There's fuck all benefit to Elden Ring being open world. Its embarrassing that a 6 year old Wii U game still mogs the fuck out modern games.

what's botw's metascore without the nintendo bonus?

>what's botw's metascore without the nintendo bonus?

Why do you need to make up fake scores to cope?

oh yeah i completely forgot the dynamism of BotW's open world in not being able to climb when it rained and........................ HOLY SHIT LOOK A SHRINE
now try to make a good argument instead of chaining buzzwords like a faggot journo

ER has been more dicussed in one month than botw has in 5 years

>Its open world is gamified and has meaning.
No it doesn't. It's miserable and empty and it's hilarious that the glider and climbing is in service of an empty world with a few enemies and bosses and weapon types. BotW could have been a tenth of its size and it would still feel empty.

>Why can't other developers compete?
they don't have the talent.

Attached: H2x11280w.jpg (1280x640, 201.93K)

I hate elden ring but this is obvious cope, every normal fag that was creaming their pants over BoTW has now been given a game that is simply better in every way. BoTW fags are also probably mad that they can’t use the “get good” cop out that Fromtards can because their game is piss easy

>Has a 96
>Less than even Rockstar games
Damn Eldensisters we lost

Seething.

Delusional

BotW had more unique content than another open world game in 2017. And the wealth of gameplay variety dwarfs most games today. BotW was a paradigm shift in the way open world games are designed. Every single game which has copied BotW has been met critical acclaim - including Elden Ring. Really makes you think....

There are more bosses in ER then there are regular enemies and bosses in BotW. ER has effectively outdid it, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Much like Demon's and Dark Souls mastered the dungeon beyond Zelda, ER mastered the open world beyond BotW

People care about scores?
Both could gave a 100 and still be empty and boring.

now try to make a good argument instead of chaining buzzwords like a faggot journo

Waiting is a bummer since I want to do skydive archery NOW but it's fine. Just gotta not die in 12 months. Hopefully a direct is due in a few months.

>There are more bosses in ER then there are regular enemies and bosses in BotW.

Combat is all Elden Ring has to offer. Combat Combat Combat. Snore.

BotW lets me go on an adventure in a living world, where simple navigation is fun. Elden Ring isn't competing with BotW in any metric.

You need to let it and start focusing on your next Zeldah Killah hopeful.

You can't because it doesn't exist. They will never post the pastebin link either.

What similarities do elden ring and BotW have that didn’t already exist in games prior to BotW

Again I'm sure one of the highest grossing vidya franchises of all times is concerned with souls shit in the slightest

>What similarities do elden ring and BotW have that didn’t already exist in games prior to BotW

>lists all the stuff
>nooo that doesn't count!

Fuck off. Literally every fucking review acknowledges BotW's influence on the game.

Nah. ER offers a lot more in basically every compartment. for example, there are actual RPG choices to be made, and meaningul quest choices, and BotW fundamentally lacks any notable choices or content. BotW is an empty world with no incentive to actually explore as you've more-or-less have seen the entire game by your first Divine Beast, and that's about it for exploration. There's really no equipment to get, no skills or spells or anything, and no real reason to press on, unless you want to do ANOTHER shrine. The locales in ER just have a lot more artistic merit to them too, and lot more intresting ideas on display over "cold place, lava place," etc. Finally, this the most BotW is discussed these days. It needs no killer, for it is dead. Nobody really talks about it aside from a footnote to ER.

>there are actual RPG choices to be made, and meaningul quest choices

LOL WUT? BotW has actual fucking towns and villages and NPCs with entire daily routines and side quests galore.

Elden Ring has static NPS peppered around at complete random, with utter fucking nonsense Zanzibart "quests".

>open world :(
>open world, japan :)
Why are you like this?

>soijak
It's like you WANT people to disregard your opinion

based retard
have my (you)

Is that why there hasnt been any botw threads that dont mention Elden Ring recently?

For Zelda it has always taken time and pretty much always been worth it. I got a backlog anyways

Attached: sekiro 2022-04-05 18-55-36-58.jpg (3840x2160, 271.35K)

>implying a game with only a 77 score (factoring in the Nintendo and Switch bonus) score beats a game with a score of 96.

weebs are hypocrites

LOL WUT? BotW has actual fucking towns and villages and NPCs with entire daily routines and side quests galore.
All of it yields nothing. literally zero incentive to do any of that shit for 50 rupees or 5 ice arrows. no skills besides guardians, notable items, magic, etc. no incentive to explore as there's no real content to obtain or customize your character's play (Sekiro had this problem). It's a step down from the old Zeldas too, since those games had meanginful items in each dungeon.
So yeah, there's lots of NPC pig anus collecting quests for 50 rupees, but I don't really like those. Meanwhile, you do something like Fia's quest, and you get a different ending, a few sets of armor, a weapon, and a remembrance to turn into two different spells.

ER's setting, combat, characters, game-progression, bosses, dungeons, graphics, environments, vistas, lore/story, inclusion of multiplayer systems, and sheer gameplay variety shit on BOTW to such a ridiculous degree its not even worth comparing them.

I'm pretty sure half the reason behind Nintendo games getting such ridiculously inflated reviews, even considering their obvious high quality, slick gameplay and colourful artstyles, is down to the fact that games Journalists treat the games as children's products, and therefore tend to rate them with a crayon-book scale of 'can a toddler play this?' and 'will a toddler enjoy this?'.

Attached: rykard.jpg (2878x2160, 496.97K)

I liked both, I look forward to BOTW2 and I look forward to From Soft's next game. Flame wars are cringe and life is better if you focus on the things you enjoy.

Attached: FNV9fhmWUAMAlZk.jpg (622x586, 35.29K)

Kek this seething mental illness. BotW is 6 years old and its game design is so fucking far beyond every other developer they still haven't caught up.

There's more gameplay variety in BotW's tutorial area than Elden Ring has its entirety. Fromsoft's game has nothing to offer but combat combat combat.

it has the worst weapon degradation system ever employed in a videogame

The sad part is that there are people who genuinely believe this

Elden Ring is on every platform but Switch, not just PS so I am not what Sony has to do with it in particular

lol! im lmaoing at YOU! lol!!!!!

i mean its true. the great plateau has you explore the vast majority of the game's mechanics and various physics interactions, which is significantly more than pressing r1 once or twice and rolling for the entire game

flawless victory.

Attached: 1628433244583.jpg (1024x958, 100.95K)

>all the seething in the replies
based

This. As good as BotW was it had so many obvious flaws and common complaints with seemingly simple fixes. BotW2 is going to be the highest rated game of all time when it comes out. I don't care about scores and would rather just play it now, but I really do think they're going to go all out and make it perfect.

Are all Fromfags as delusional as you are? BotW still gets threads daily and it's been 5 fucking years.

Most "normalfags" don't care about Souls games at this point. It's just the same thing over and over again and has become pretty niche. Adding a BotW style open world over the exact same gameplay doesn't change much.

Not him, but notice how your only argument in favor of ER is "muh rewards" and "muh trinkets".

In terms of actual navigation and gameplay variety (y'know, the whole reason to play an open world game), BotW completely mogs Elden Ring in every conceivable category and it's not even close.

Demon's Souls had good dungeons, but saying "more bosses makes my game better" is stupid. If you want a boss rush you could just play Monster Hunter, but nobody is comparing MH to Zelda.

Lmao tendies are truly broken

>Literally any game made by Nintendo
>Good gameplay

>BotW still gets threads
I don't see any.

Attached: 1649142391626m.jpg (1024x768, 59.57K)

>and you get a different ending
...that's identical to most of the other endings except the sky is different.
>a few sets of armor
...that you'll never use unless you meet its specific stat requirement.
>a weapon
...that you'll never use unless you meet its specific stat requirement.
>and a remembrance to turn into two different spells
...that you'll never use unless you're a mage.

In BotW, everything has utility and it's all tied to the actual gameplay. Cope.

Basado. Fromshitters cannot refute this.

You're in one right now. There was another one earlier today, and there will be at least two more later today. Also, nearly all of them hit the bump limit.

It an elden ring thread, you nigs don't even care about botw she used it as an excuse to hate on elden ring because you get off on being contrarian faggots

>convince me otherwise
There is nothing to Elden Ring but combat, and the combat isn't even particularly polished. They more or less just added an open world to the Dark Souls formula and called it a day.

What's the point of doing a big open world if 95% of its content is just gonna be enemies to fight? That's not open world, that's just "big map". Can't I at least get one town with friendly NPC's in it? A fishing minigame? Bandits who try to rob traveling merchants at night? Just *some* shit that gives you the illusion that this is actually a world and not just a big arena you fight hostile NPCs in? This wasn't Dark Souls 4, this was a new IP, they could have taken risks, but they didn't.

And yeah, sorry but BotW is way less static and does more with its environment than this. There's much more interactivity in that game. You can glide, you can climb, you can swim, sometimes it's hot and you need something to cool down and vice versa, you can create upwards current by setting grass on fire, you can use lightning to your advantage during fights, there's a bunch of side activities (catching horses, some minigames), crafting is actually useful (too useful), so gathering materials actually feels relevant, you can also upgrade your gear with said materials, instead of it being only upgradable with titanite or whatever.

I like both games, and some of said mechanics aren't revolutionary but they're here and they flesh out the open world more than ER does. In ER there's combat and some scattered quests given by isolated NPCs, that's pretty much it.

He isn't gonna fuck you.

Attached: Hidemaro_Fujibayashi.jpg (1019x1080, 117.75K)

I don't want him to. I just want BotW2 to come out already, since clearly it's the only game capable of matching BotW.

Zelda is boring because there's no threat. You can just carry some durians and explore a safe playground. It's objectively worse than Assassin's Creed Origins museum mode.

Why do you play video games meant for children?