Why did you stop playing Runescape?

Why did you stop playing Runescape?

Attached: rshd 2008.png (1462x781, 1.69M)

I'm busy

Attached: levers.png (1602x1051, 2.24M)

It's a shit game with carrot on a stick gameplay. The high skill level content is an autistic rhythm game, and the 3-5000 hour slog leading up to it could hardly be considered gameplay. The best aspect of runescape was being a child, experiencing a living video game community for the first time. That was sick, 15 years ago. It turns out that sort of thing is a novelty.

because it's boring. if you want an mmo just play xiv, faggot. no game will ever outdo it

>le click the same three pixels for literal months

Guardians of the rift is good

No mystery. Quests suck. Rs3 nerfed all my cool shit. Osrs gets rs3 shit hamfisted into it by its tranny SA neet discord userbase.
Worst of all no one fucking talks. Osrs was good for a single summer.

Early game skill grinding is fun and fast, with tons of new shit unlocked 24/7. At a certain point though, you have a choice between grinding in the same spot for weeks to get small bits of progress or repeating mini-games 24/7. Experience gain makes complete sense to get slower and slower over time, but it started to feel like you'd get stuck in one general area for 15+ levels as opposed to hopping between spots/regions constantly in early leveling.

Honestly though, the biggest thing that killed me was the limited run. I get it, it's a slower game with a deliberate movement style. Hell, you can level agility to make your run last longer. But holy shit, sometimes I just want to not take 10-15 minutes to walk across an area with my sprint being depleted within seconds. That, and leveling agility is probably one of the most boring/tedious grinds in the game.

It's a fantastic skinner box that I sunk hundreds of hours into. But eventually the grind and downtime became so immense that I started losing interest. That and a lot of the end-game combat/quests fucked with my anxiety. I like the idea of losing your shit when you fuck up, but some of the nonsense you gotta do to fight end-game encounters always kept me away.

I got the quest cape in osrs and all the new quests in rs3 are shit despite the music being pretty good.
Nobody talks in either version so community is dead. I have no idea whether to play rs3 up to while guthix sleeps or what since grinding is easy as fuck in it

Attached: Runescape gnome.jpg (491x491, 19.4K)

I actually did stop originally because it stopped running well on my old piece of shit PC at the time HD came out. Came back in 2013 and been playing off and on since then. Mostly OSRS but been playing RS3 lately. Not bad desu but I do hate the whole world guardian shit

>just never stop playing 1 game

No thanks.

The grind and none of the offered versions (redditScape, nuScape, trannyScape(/vg/ edition)) are what I remember and I'm not gonna recreate it when I could put that effort into making my own shitty point n click adventure game with better combat and anthro waifus instead

>Limited run
I get that run energy does deplete but between Graceful outfits, POH pools, teleports, and run restoration items you really never have to run out of it after you get to the midgame. Agility is extremely tedious though, that's true. Grinding to 70 to get the quest cape was almost torture.

Continually adding content that forces you to group with retards.

I got majority of my agility levels through barbarian fishing. Way less of a grind imo since you're knocking out 2 skills at once

MMOs are a shit genre

I couldn't bake bread.

Real story. I did the tutorial, and I couldn't bake the bread, so I dropped it.

I still play, its a good game for wasting time which is what all entertainment is really

11$ a month and having to force myself into playing it. still thinking about if i should play on Yea Forumsscape for that itch

I play it on ny phone when i poop

Attached: 1648630137116.png (572x505, 91.53K)

When the rest of the playerbase stopped playing for fun and adventure. The game was tolerable back when you could get a few guys together or otherwise run into them in places you'd go just because it or the monsters within it looked cool. Not to mention stuff like completing quests to show off cool new items or for bragging rights, or when you'd take a break from the chilling and skilling to play some fun minigames.

Then it all became about single-player-esque playthroughs where everyone silently grinds only the most efficient options, when the "gameplay" of the grind is absolutely fucking nothing but tedium. At that point, there's better RPGs to play.

Busy playing AdventureQuest.

Has your IQ ever been tested? I'm legit curious I didn't think it was possible to fuck up Cook's Assistant.

Still playing RS3. Started an Ironman a year ago and I'm almost halfway to maxed.

Failing to bake bread is still better than somehow ending up making bread when you're trying to help make a cake.

Can you guys dm people who are in dungeons yet?

shitty in game economy, I distinctly remember someone saying " I only have 20 million gold, I'm poor" and said to myself "fuck this" and quit. Whenever I even think about playing runescape again I remember that person saying that and that alone stops me. When
your mmo has worse inflation than Zimbabwe then you have a serious fucking problem.

I haven't.

i don't wanna grind skills and i don't wanna play with all the shitty reddit updates. the power level of the game is beyond what it was in 2012 which was shit.

no

You sound like a retard

>good for
Literally this, before the GE was added it felt pretty close, now it's fucking destroyed again just like RS3 was

There's tons and tons of good servers user with lots of different variants in XP rates. It's great if you don't want to waste money on Gagex

I stopped playing when I wanted to do a mid level boss and the most popular guide used a skill that you can only unlock by playing dead content or paying 1.7 Billion gold for the skill book.

But how many of them have quests and so on? i only know a few that tries to be faithful (to some regard) being a complete experience. the only ones i know are Yea Forumsscape/04scape (i don't exactly remember the name)/2009scape (has also single player builds and some quests not pushed into the main build) and scaperune which is just vidyascape with slightly less quests.

All their content is high level shit unless I want to do burrows over and over

When dungoneering released I stopped playing as a child and it took me being a broke college student with little options for entertainment to return.

Now im at the endgame with gear for all combat styles and done everything I wanted to do. I have nothing left to grind but my account is easily worth 1.5k usd and I'm on the brink of selling all my gold for good.

I played Runescape until the EOC update where I finally quit the game once and for all. The retards at Jagex fell deep into a common hole a lot of games find themselves in, which is listening to the spergs in forums that don't even play the game (because they're too busy posting about it instead in the forums). For these people the game is just another topic to socialize with. Like a woman that tries to self insert herself into every aspect of your life to relate in some way for attention, forum posters are a cancer that infect every video game with their garbage opinions. Anyone that uses a forum should NOT be taken seriously, or at the very least the more often they post, the less their opinion should matter.

That being said EOC was just the sudden death, prior to this they kept slowly rolling out weird cringe changes. Whether it be the art style attempting to become more "modern", to the changes in the wilderness, to introducing microtransactions and neglecting the mid-early game content. The shit sandwich kept getting bigger and there comes a point to where even the most hardcore runescape players won't take a bit anymore. OSRS is pretty good though, I still play leagues because it feels like a fresh new twist on runescape, or at least enough to keep me going for a month or so

Autism game for autistic gamers

Theme park MMOs are fucking gay, that's why.

EoC.

I miss the old rants forum.

Attached: 1232.jpg (147x106, 5.26K)

I didn't want to bother with following instructions to make those three bread or something.

Felt like a chore.

I didn't, i play on an HDScape(2009) PS, though it's still heavy in development and basically only populated by the devs

runescape is the anti-themepark MMO

I was playing FFXIV with RS3 on my other monitor for 4 hours today. Gotta do more Runespan and get 90 Runecrafting so I can run Souls and make enough cash for 95-99 Prayer. All while doing my weekly raids and leveling Dancer.
OSRS and WoWfags need not reply.

Attached: pepe.gif (498x498, 1.09M)

>everyone gets their own quests
>enemies respawn in place forever
>items are infinitely replicatable
"anti-themepark" my ass.

the endgame isn't that great desu... too much repetition for marginal upgrades

themepark MMOs are ones that railroad you into all the linearly-progressed content (hence the name).
Runescape only has tutorial island, and then you're free to do whatever you're want after you're dropped off into the world.
I have no idea what definition of "theme park" you're using.
But respawning mobs and infinite items have absolutely nothing to do with it.

That's not what a theme park MMO is, brainlet. Actual theme parks don't railroad you like that. It just means the game has a bunch of predestined shit for you to interact with, like rides, everyone being able to get on the ride. That's what Runescape's quests and pvm shit is.

Because it's the skinner box to end all skinner boxes. Never in my life have I seen a game more pointless aside from Cookie Clicker.

And at least Cookie Clicker starts playing itself after a while, instead of forcing you to risk a ban by botting.

my guy, you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about.

No you, zoomer faggot.

i'm 28, try again.

i wish i could stop playing desu

>a 28 year old thinks like a clueless zoomer
That's even more pathetic. Enjoy your instanced """"sandbox"""" game.

why are you upset and name-calling?

fuck you're stupid my man

Playing this garbage game has rotted both your brains.

well you're also here, so :^)

EoC happening during a long holiday on my country, just couldn't be bothered, especially since I was on a bit of a streak of "Log in on wednesday to see what the update it and do a progresively shorter list of Dailyscape".
Still tried to keep up on what happened for a few years, and read on quest summaries every now and then.

Stay delusional

Attached: Runescape is a themepark MMO.jpg (746x590, 81.12K)

Are you really citing some rando forum user to make your argument for you?
jesus christ man i hope you're trolling

>Are you really citing some rando forum user to make your argument for you?
Yes, because his argument is correct.

>11$ a month
Do people actually pay real money to play? I came back to RS in 2018 and haven't spent a single cent on it. It's way too easy to sustain your membership through bonds.

You're misusing a commonly known term, with a whole other argument.
And he's also just flat out wrong at points, because you can influence the world in runescape, just not how he wants. So anything less is invalid. I'm about 1-2 replies from getting bored

>You're misusing a commonly known term
Nope. Sandbox refers to world reactivity, it always has. Like shifting sand around a big sandbox. It's NOT a sandbox game if everyone gets their own instanced sand to play with. UO was a sandbox because players could do stuff like build housing anywhere in the open world, rather than in an instanced world like it's handled in Runescape.

>you can influence the world in runescape
How, economically? Then the economic aspect is a sandbox, but that's it.

What a retarded post predicated on faulty premises from the first sentence.

Okay runescape is exactly how you describe it. You win.
Why is that bad?

>Why is that bad?
Because theme park MMOs aren't immersive? I don't want to build a house in an instanced world when playing an MMO. I'm playing an MMO, I want what I do to have an impact on the shared online world.

Okay, play minecraft then. There's a reason MMOs are popular and "because they're bad" isn't one of them.

Ye I'm gonna have to call this unironically based.

>There's a reason MMOs are popular and "because they're bad" isn't one of them.
Because they attract social failures and other NEETs with shit taste is though.

No one cares about why you hate yourself.

It was a shit game 20 years ago, and it's still a shit game today. Take off the nostalgia goggles.

Attached: blessed.png (391x325, 146.26K)

That's not a very good standard for MMOs unless you want to just emulate being a corporate slave in EVE.

>no u
I accept your concession.