COULDA GONE PRO, IF I HADN'T JOINED THE GOLDEN ORDER. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE POMPOUS LEYNDELL PANSIES

COULDA GONE PRO, IF I HADN'T JOINED THE GOLDEN ORDER. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE POMPOUS LEYNDELL PANSIES.

I COULD BREAK THE ELDEN BEAST IN TWO. WITH MY BARE HANDS!!

DON'T FUCK WITH THIS ELDEN LORD

Attached: 235245345.jpg (690x388, 46.9K)

upvoted

this boss was far too easy compared to the bosses around him. he seemed so cool but i beat him in like 3-4 tries

ALRIGHT THE TRUTH THEN
I NEED THE CAPITAL, AND RUNES
WANNA KNOW WHY?
I HAVE A DREAM
THAT ONE DAY, EVERY PERSON IN THE LANDS BETWEEN WILL CONTROL THEIR OWN GRACE

was he going to power bomb the elden beast? what was his plan after that?

This guy was easier than Margit. Probably because he's the only boss in the entire game that plays like a boss from the previous games. Just hug one of his legs and roll around him whenever he attacks.

Do seriously think he couldn't have?

He just wanted to have sex with Marika

Attached: v6knd4amrvn81.jpg (1928x1073, 79.43K)

Did you look at the man?
>what was his plan after that?
Fucking Marika's brains out

Let me guess, didn't go toe-to-toe, shirtless with the non-spiked caestus? You didn't beat him

Yes, and it would have worked. The dude went toe-to-toe with the dragon lords in their prime. He's very likely the reason Placidusax is missing those heads.

So, I don't get it. He's Hoarah Loux Chieftain of the Badlands, the tarnished mentioned in the intro. But he's also Godwyn? But Godwyn is dead. Fia laid with him though? Or not, in case I didn't advance her questline? I'm so fucking lost.

He's Godfrey, Godwyn was his son

lol

IIRC he's Godfrey (Godwyn being his son). He conquered the Lands Between, but having met his purpose Marika told him to fuck off to the badlands and thus he became the first Tarnished, and also Hoarah Loux. Badland niggers tend to have Loux as a surname so i guess he renamed himself much like Elden Ring characters like to do, and when you pummel him enough, he's just chimping out and returning to his badland self.

Pretty sure he was Hoarah Loux first, Marika lusted after that BBC (Big Barbarian Cock)

Ah, Tarnished, don't hate me 'cause I'm fashionable, Tarnished. Maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass Rivers of Blood or Moonveil you got you'd get some bitches on your dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Melina'll call your rotdog-ass if she ever stop fuckin' with that astrologer or prophet she fucking with. Taaarnissshed~~

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120.72K)

I think he was from the badlands originally, until marika offered him marriage and kingdom in exchange for running the dragons and giants out, so he did that but became despondent after beating all the most powerful enemies in the world and there was nothing left to conquer. That might be partially why marika kicked him out

she was basically in full "I can fix him" mode

I don't think it's ever specified which came first, but I believe the evidence leans towards Horah Loux being his identity before Godfrey, since after marrying Marika he had to specifically compose himself as a lord (rather than a barbarian lion-fucker). So after Marika made him tarnished he just returned to who he was.

Actually while fact-checking myself, I found this,
>After the Long March of the Tarnished came to an end, Godfrey divested himself of kingship, becoming a simple warrior once more.
>once more
So he had to be Horah Loux first.

Why do we fight Hoarah Loux in the first place? I never got it. I understand fighting Godfrey's golden illusion is a spell that Morgott had in place as a safety measure but don't get why Godfrey shows up or why he attacks the players.

I don't remember this character

not to mention that the lion spirit he kills was explicitly intended to try and keep his bloodlust under control

i didnt even know who this guy was lol

He wanted to become Elden lord again I think
Or he heard Marika pussy was free idk

a combination of

>Tree burned down, I'm gonna go inside now

and

>Whoever burned that tree down is the best challenge I've had in centuries

The latter is why he waited for you, like hell he was going to give up a challenge like that

Has someone done one of thise boss vs things with him and the elden beast? Hell even if he beats the shit out of hammer boy that'd be fucking hysterical

>Alas, I am returned!
>To be granted audience once more.
>Upon my name as Godfrey,
>the first Elden Lord!
"come at me bro", basically

someone lit the tree on fire, so he comes to check it out and finds his dead son and you there.

He wants to be Elden Lord again because as cool as he is otherwise, he's still a Marika simp. We're there to be Elden Lord and have the runes necessary to do it. One of us has to go. It's just extremely fucking convenient that he gets there right as we're about to go in and finish things. They really should have had Horah Loux as an NPC so the reveal would have meant something, even if it would have been totally fucking obvious. A tarnished out in the wilds who can't bring himself to face Morgott, so he just waits until the path is opened by another.

I want to see he can actually suplex the Elden Beast

>Played college Ring, ya know.
>>At some cushy Raya Lucaria Academy.
>Try University of Caelid. Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Golden Order. I'm not one of those pompous Leyndell pansies. I could break the Elden Beast in two with my bare hands! DON'T FUCK WITH THIS TARNISHED!

Attached: Elden Ring Godfrey.jpg (3228x3992, 1.13M)

that is a good point though about Morgott
It's not that he couldn't defeat him, but that he didn't want to kill his own son

It's just weird that he appeared out of nowhere. Everything we're told about Godfrey is that he's this mythical figure from a bygone age and then bam there he is out of nowhere and all the sudden boss fight.

Reminder that revive isn't canon, the Tarnished (you) beat everyone first try.
Godfrey is a cowardly oppoturnist. Only appeared at the end to rob you of your rewards. He likely didn't beat Fire giants and Dragonlord either, but relied on grace resurrection to outlast them

>the Lion ended up being absolutely nothing
this art lied to me

of course the revive is canon the MC is dead at the beginning and gets killed again by the grafted scion 5 minutes later

>The revive isn't canon
>But Godfrey relied on the revive
I'm getting mixed signals. I like the idea of the Tarnished being an absolute unit though

the Lion was a restraining bolt on him

I know, from the art alone I was expecting the lion to be a boss or helper that we have to fight alongside him

>revive is not cannon
>you literally die first 5 mins of the game
lol

>gets killed again by the grafted scion 5 minutes later
Not if i beat it. Except for the opening cinematic tho, it's the only time you revive. Every tarnished npc stays dead.
Godfrey fought giants and dragons pre shattering tho. Grace was working as intended at that time.

They stay dead because grace leaves them, meanwhile grace is always on our side

>revive isn't canon
>relied on grace resurrection
Make up your mind, dickhead.
Godfrey fought giants and dragons pre-Golden Order. There was no grace then.

>Not if i beat it
You still die retard, the reason Tarnished npcs don't revive is they gave up on becoming Elden Lord so Marika stopped giving them grace

I want a cutscene of the first time he became elden lord and just wrassled the elden beast into submission.

He had to be Horah Loux first because otherwise it would mean some random nobodies decided to name their child "GODLORD". Mohg talks about wanting to change his name to Mohgwyn so it's likely that changing your name to something more impressive is expected when someone becomes elden lord. Though Radagon didn't so maybe Horah and Mohg are just Chuuni's

Attached: 1649001445865.jpg (2048x1433, 981.22K)

Erdtree is diseased. Rotten to the core.
There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by the roots.
Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN!
And from the ashes a new Great Tree will be born. Evolved, but untamed!
The weak will be purged, and the strongest will thrive -- free to live as they see fit, they'll make Lands Between great again!
>What the hell are you talking about...
You still don't get it. I'm using shattering as a business to become Elden Lord...So i can end shattering as a business
In my new Order, people will die and kill for what they BELIEVE!
Not for Golden Rune [1], not for Rune Arc! Not for what Two Fingers told is right. Every tarnished will be free to fight his own wars!
So, what do you think?

Attached: 1920x1080-vtime3_53-take2022-03-11-12-18-30-720x720.jpg (720x405, 32.66K)

Not him, but then why would Marika allow us to go with different endings, like frenzy which are obviously bad, is it because since we don't know her goals we can just say they aline with us no matter what?

It's obvious that Hoarah Loux is his original name. He needed the first phase blind lion spirit to prevent himself from going berserk at all times like he used to.

>grace is always on our side
It makes no sense narrative-wise desu. Why would Marika still give us grace not her loyal simp Godfrey? If that was not Marika but the GW who give us grace then why the Elden Beast attack us?
>You still die retard
You beat the scion, trip and fall unconscious, that's it.

>proud warrior who loves fighting more than anything
>found cradling the corpse of his son, who he knows you murdered
>also knows you're here to take his throne and steal his wife
I have no idea why he would want to fight you.

Attached: 1648747183433.jpg (800x407, 280.37K)

it's a souls game dude the story has never made any sense lol

this is the game equivalent of that japanese music genre where the the lyrics that make no sense but are otherwise on purpose because it sounds cool

Attached: 1434747443834.png (355x500, 145.16K)

All tarnished were dead and brought back to life, they continue to resurrect until they stop seeing grace, that's why all the tarnished are jealous of the player.

Attached: 1648492589375.jpg (1321x743, 187.55K)

Marika guides us to all the endings (except Dung Eater). She doesn't seem to give a fuck so long as the beast dies.

YOU
DIDN'T
BEAT
THE
GAME

Did you see how long it took him to reach Leyndell? Almost the entire game. He didn't activate any grace points so he has to run all the way back again.

i unironically love enemies/bosses/whatever that are just guys that want to have a good fight

Your character also appears out of nowhere. Godfrey is a tarnished too he just arrived late

NANO RUNES SON

he was hoarah loux first and got civilized to assume the role of elden lord

Marika does not control grace.
Godfrey was one of the ancient heroes given grace by the GW for the purpose of fulfilling a mission and then immediately dying, returning to the Erdtree upon achieving honor so that it might eat his runes.
The very moment he defeated the Erdtree's enemies his eyes were stripped of gold. Marika banished him so the tree wouldn't eat him.

LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AFTER THE KNIGHT OF BLACK KNIVES

Hoarah was a Rannifag?

>what was his plan
plan?

Attached: image_2022-04-05_152736961.png (397x229, 76.78K)