The best game FROM Software has ever made. The peak of the Field genre...

The best game FROM Software has ever made. The peak of the Field genre. Playing any souls game feels like a total downgrade in every aspect except graphics.

Attached: Kingsfield1_cover.jpg (315x315, 36.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1745510/Lunacid/
store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

king's field 1 jap or king's field 2 jap/1 eng?

We get it, you're a contrarian

I doubt OP's even played a King's Field game.

Shadow Tower is better.

>filtered by a PS1 game
setting up an emulator isn't that hard user

No. I like KF but you are retarded.

barely anyone ever played a king's field game

>emulator
Goes to show you recently found out about the game and pretend to like it for hipster clout

The first one was cute but it was easy as hell and boring to navigate even without being compared to its successors.
I only played that one, IV, and Additional I though so what do I know. If I do ever get around to continuing my King's Field jaunt which one should I go with? I'm not too interested in 2(JP) but I hear it's the best?

Attached: 1612826457015.png (1200x1200, 1.54M)

4 > 2 > 3 > 1
Shadow Tower Abyss is better than all of them

you cant like a game unless you played it on release?

*blocks faggot op's path*
store.steampowered.com/app/1745510/Lunacid/

aged like shit, you're lying to yourself if you claimed to have fun. eternal ring and KF4 are clear upgrades

From software has never made a single good game

why would you choose kings field and not ultima underworld as the inspiration for your real time crawler

The best fromsoft game is ninja blade, followed by armored core 4 answer.

Attached: 1646592979275.jpg (1024x1024, 125.57K)

I've only played IV but it's a really interesting game which does some things better than the Souls games which succeeded it. In particular I think having warp spots be something you need to actually commit to making is great (I hear earlier KF games do this, too).

because king's field is the better series

kings field is literally a lesser imitation of underworld

Contrarianism is a mental illness

Things arn't good because they are unpopular OP

Attached: 1636377882671.png (852x560, 200.94K)

Because it's harder to immitate well.

KING'S FIELD is the better game.

I am playing KF2 right now.

Accurate. Look at at the seethine Soulsdrones in this thread getting mad.
>y-y-you can't prefer this over dork souls!!!! it's less popular!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you play this when actually good real time first person crawlers exist lmao.

Shadow Tower is super interesting, but also very flawed at times. I like it a lot, though. Are there any other games where HP is currency and where your gear constantly needs to be repaired?
I hope they make a 3rd Shadow Tower game set in the future after the demon girl escaped the tower, but I guess with how expensive games are to develop now, it'd have to be a reboot to draw in the normalfags who didn't play the first two games.

Like?

Stonekeep.

looks like absolute shit. what the fuck are those weird photographic style character portraits??

KF and Shadow Tower are not like the typical older (and typical Japanese) 1st person dungeon crawlers, because they take place in an actual worlds and not just 2D grids.
They can't be compared to games like Grimrock and whatever you posted.

Dungeon crawlers scratch a very special itch that no other RPG can. I actually get more pleasure from filling out empty spots on a map than I do looking at vistas and environments.

Attached: 1648140458059.jpg (1125x1071, 106.08K)

You should play Etrian

ST > 3 > 4 > STA > 1 > 2

>another zoomie hipster filtered by SOVL
KF niggas don't even have faces lmao, fuck outta here with yo graffixfaggin ass frfr no cap.

Attached: 203751.jpg (950x750, 121.08K)

no faces IS soul you braindead nigger

you cant play first king's field on console unless your ps1 is chipped or very first batch of japanese playstations with 1000 mobo. the game is notoriously picky with hardware

I love every King's Field from 2 on but pretending the first one is even worth playing when Ultima Underworld exists is insane. It's interesting to see how it started but it's a pretty shitty game. The reason it was impressive at the time is because it was a fully 3D dungeon crawler and that's it.

It's a Japan only game, looks like someone in this thread definitely recently found out about it.

Having no loading screens was pretty damn cool.

Deadly Towers was first

Attached: Deadly_Towers_boxart.png (266x374, 199K)

I've only played IV and PS1 Shadow Tower but I was struck with how similar the older games are to modern Souls games and how much has been carried over from then. Of all the series to try to push some old new tribalism this one makes the least sense.

I do agree there, but I also think that's way cooler in the second game where the environments are more varied.

If they released a King's Field collection on steam remastered by nightdive or something it'd probably print money but silly japs are blind to opportunity in western markets until people shove I down their throats with petitions.

I'm pretty sure there was KF collection but it was Japan only

Ultima Underworld looks like shit. The screen is way too cluttered.
KING'S FIELD works because it is simple. You are a mercernary, you are trying to find your father in the tombs. You keep progressing further into hell etc etc I could go on but there's no need. KF is a great game that stands the test of time precisely because it is simple. It's like Super Mario Bros 1. All killer no filler.

Blame Miyazaki fanboys that think he invented
>vague NPC questlines
>poison swamps
>item based story telling
>difficult games

Blablahblah..
Guess what? NOBODY FUCKING CARES!
These games have been out since forever and even on pc and for free and yet NOBODY FUCKING CARES!
WHERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS MODDING COMMUNITY NOW HUH !??!?WHY AREN'T THEY ''FIXING'' ALL THE ISSUES WITH THEM AND MAKING THE OH SO FUNNY AND EBIN MODS AND TOTAL CONVERSIONS FOR IT?!?!?

I'll tell you why: BECAUSE NOBODY FUCKING CARES!

So Elden Ring wins.
/thread

Attached: DENIED.gif (400x225, 1.68M)

wouldnt really work on pc. people would scream over the turn speed

theres a pretty coole roguelike mod for KF4

>WHERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS MODDING COMMUNITY NOW HUH
Is this a joke or does this guy not know the King's Field engine has been on PC forever and people still make games with it

Where

why would anybody need mods the games are already great. stop getting mad because not everyone worships shart souls

I prefer user's game
store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire/

Baroque

>procedurally generated
immediate 0/10

Heard we're posting Good FS games.

Attached: BABY COME BACK.jpg (265x376, 25.84K)

WTF IS THIS SHIT NOW!?!?!
WTF!?!
OH
MY
GOD !!!!
IS THIS A JOKE?!?!
IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?!?
IS THIS IT ?!?!!?
NONE OF THIS SHIT DOESN'T EVEN RUN ON ANYTHING PAST XP LET ALONE ON MY TABLET !!!
>ADUDUDUDUDUDUDURRR IT'S BEEN OUT 4EVER!!!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT.YOU'RE ALL RATS.

Attached: nasty.jpg (1024x768, 131.16K)

Attached: 225466-enchanted-arms-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x922, 150.05K)

>Sting
Looks neat. I've been interested in their games ever since Knights in the Nightmare.

But AVGN told me this game was poo poo.

It's actually god awful but it's unique. There are 2 versions I only played the Wii one (shit), I think there's a ps2 version that's equivalent

>doesn't run on anything past xp
lol, lmao even.

Attached: WINE-logo.png (200x313, 35.42K)

>KING'S FIELD works because it is simple.
IV had the coolest and most unique story. The whole concept of returning an accursed idol is like an entire game already happened before you start.

Attached: 1622734324642.jpg (4545x4331, 2.04M)

>baroque niggas

Attached: Screenshot_20220405-133202_eBay.jpg (1078x443, 80.83K)

Miyazaki doesn't have a single original idea in his head. Elden Ring has countless stolen ideas from KING'S FIELD.

Yeah i finished king's field 1 and 2 and i kinda prefer them over the souls game for this reason, something about the grinding in these two games are addicting, i also prefer evading the enemy attack over rolling around them like a monkey.

Well it can probably just be emulated. Might even be fun with save states since your health is permanently dropping every second making playing blind like I did as a kid pure unfiltered ass since you can't even explore or experiment

I mean that's true of most Fromsoft games. They all basically have you arrive after the great calamity to go sort things out.

I suppose that's true. King's Field IV just had a clear objective and a grand purpose to fulfill which I really liked.