Amazing how you can actually go toe to toe with a boss rather than constantly being on your back foot the entire game...

Amazing how you can actually go toe to toe with a boss rather than constantly being on your back foot the entire game (or spamming them down in 30 seconds with cheese.)

Admit it: we didn't know how good we had it, Yea Forums.

Attached: Dark_Souls_III_2021.09.21_-_00.52.29.05.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LhqydPLpQfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dark Souls 3 is a mediocre game with mostly easy bosses

>toe-to-toe
>roll 6 times in 15 seconds
?
at least post sekiro next time, a game where you can actually stay your ground

DS3 will always be the worst game in the series, keep seething zoomer

Elden ring is overtuned but your example is shit

You can do the same in elden ring, its a skill issue that you cant

*pokes infinitely from range with a bow*
ok good boss

just play sekiro if you want that

What i didnt like was how relentless he is if your stamina just isnt up to par. I mean i did beat him twice, once in NG and once in NG++ for the 100% but still the 15 poke combo still gets me

DS3 has too many iframes my goodness. And the roll costs nothing and your stamina refills instantly. What a dumb game.

Still hate his first phase where the turkey can either harmlessly knock you over with wind or spew pointblank flame at the ground

It is cool that the changes to the souls formula in elden ring just make the other souls games look better. I was scared I'd be burnt after playing elden but I just wanna go back even more.

Attached: 1640903351849.png (266x392, 68.79K)

You can cheese it pretty easily with dragonslayer spear + greatshield. Just block everything and poke.

I like that phase because big bird has no defense and it feels good to do over half its health bar on crit even without a hypermode build.

>shitters running back to praise DAS3 because ER is too hard for them

Attached: 1649041801364.jpg (648x484, 53.28K)

when will they make shields relevant? they are way cooler than spamming jumps, that shit looks gay as fuck

I'm sick of this tiny man rolling away from big man shit. It was fine in Dark Souls where you were a nobody amped by souls to the extent that you could fight old weakened Gods, but you're supposed to be a heroic bad-ass in Elden Ring.
We should be fighting on even terms with the bosses like in Sekiro but they couldn't decide if they wanted this to be a new IP or Dark Souls 4 so they just crammed the two together.

>press shield button and go afk to complain about the design

Bosses have longer turns and give you shorter ones in ER, you only need to count the number of attacks on either side to see this to be true. Not enough bosses are like Godfrey, Maliketh, and Morgott with clearly jumpable sweeps/shockwaves that let you sneak in hits mid combo.

zoomers forgot about ds3 already. elden ring is where it's at.

>but you're supposed to be a heroic badass in elden ring
Nah, tarnished are basically the same as undead, and your tarnished is one of the forgotten maidenless ones to boot. It's pretty much the same story set up as every other souls game, man.

>Amazing how you can actually go toe to toe with a boss
Why do people find hugging the boss interesting? How is it fun to literally never have to consider spacing?

DS3 still remains the best souls game especially in terms of bosses

why isnt the player in that webm attacking during wind ups and only during recovery?

>maidenless
Yeah because someone merc'd your fucking maiden

When I finish Elden Ring, what other FromSoft should I play?

>Nameless King
i just can't seem to beat this motherfucker
I can kill his bird just fine but as soon as it's 1-on-1 he rapes me in nanoseconds
I never get to where the guy in the webm is, where you can actually lock onto him and strafe him
he never stands still like that, he teleports all over the fucking place breaking my lock-on and makes me have to readjust the camera just to see where he is and then kills me in 2 hits before I can re-orient myself

fucking fight is retarded

There IS a way to cheese him, if you really really need to beat him

I'd like to do it legitimately, and I will, because if my attacks can hurt him then I can eventually beat him even if it takes me 100 tries and sheer dumb luck

but sure, I'll hear the cheese strat

>but sure, I'll hear the cheese strat
>i'm definitely not going to use it though, no sir
>p-please believe me

DS3 is the worst game in the series.

I probably won't
most "reliable cheese" strats are more convoluted than just throwing myself at the fight for an afternoon

phase 1: dragonslayer spear + dragonslayer greatshield. Block everything and just keep poking
unequip both these during the transition to
phase 2: do this youtu.be/LhqydPLpQfE .The smashed statues leave a stone base which is very important to keep track of to know when you should switch sides. I did this and beat him first try in ng++. I already defeated him in Ng, i just want the stupid ring and 100% the game already, so i cheesed him with these strats

looks like garbage bro. Glad I got in on Elden Ring.

Attached: 78089087897.png (969x1024, 485.54K)

???
shields are top tier in ER

Is that the one where you can summon AI companions that solo the boss for you? Cringe.

DS3 has the exact same problems, fuck you.

DS3 is the worst Dark Souls.
The "challenge" consists of "you are forced to stay upclose and to the left to the giant boss #394 or else he do impossible quick moves that damages you no matter where".
It's lazy, it's retarded, it's boring. Plus broken PvP.

games don't need to be hard to be fun, you know

>roll simulator good

Shields are really good in Elden Ring, it's the main reason why I enjoyed the gameplay so much. Other than shields it's the same shitty combat ds3 had.

The boss in question is also extremely easy, i don't have a problem with just about any of the elden ring's bosses, just some minions are irrationally op, just one criticism i'd like to throw out, it feels like 95% of the weapons i find require arcane or int, and i'm in end game.

Doesn’t really matter if it’s your fault or not, you’re the Elden Ring equivalent of an Indian widow in the untouchable caste.

>Toe on toe
>Player is kicking his ass because his attacks are all predictable

True, and it's not like Dark Souls games are hard anyway. They're incredibly middle of the road in difficulty, which is why they have such wide appeal.

I remember people saying he's hardest DS boss ever (that was before dlc) funny how now he's a pushover
He's a pretty well balanced fight though, good fun even if you use slow weapons like ultra greatswords, cant say the same thing about late game elden ring bosses

RNG is cancer, you just want to react and be rewarded for being good automatically. REAL fun comes from LEARNING how to win, learning patterns (which do not exist in souls games) and overcoming consistently because you learned and improved, not because you have an ebin gamer monitor and are 16 years old on adderall and can react nearly as fast as humanly possible.

>REAL fun comes from LEARNING how to win, learning patterns (which do not exist in souls games) and overcoming consistently because you learned and improved
none of this is mutually exclusive to RNG.
>not because you have an ebin gamer monitor and are 16 years old on adderall and can react nearly as fast as humanly possible.
why can't reaction speed be an axis to skill in addition to the other things you mentioned?

Nameless King is harder than any boss in Elden Ring

then why did i beat it in 3 tries?

That's way more tries than any boss took me in Elden Ring besides Malenia

>That's way more tries than any boss took me in Elden Ring
Not me. Elden Ring was significantly more difficult than Dark Souls 3, and DS3 was even my first fromsoft game.

Trying? I cleared Elden Ring without once dying or removing my right thumb from my anus.

being overleveled will do that. elden ring's bosses are objectively more mechanically complex, all else being equal.

>DS3 unique enemy count: ~250
>Elden Ring unique enemy count: ~130 (counting non hostile wildlife like turtles)

Not even worth comparing Unfinished Ring to DS3. Yet casuals on Yea Forums will slobber all over Miyahacki's cock cause he added spirit summons and allowed them to complete a souls game

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-05 200305.jpg (1243x749, 155.72K)

>DS3 was even my first fromsoft game.
Same but only Malenia took me a couple tries really, Elden Ring just gaves so much more tools to not struggle so much with the bosses.
> overleveled
I just played and explored nearly all possible optional content, sure they may be more complex in some ways but so is your character with the new stuff you can do

I agree
This last month I've gone back and done DS1, 2, and 3
3 is the only one that's legitimately pissed me off, for exactly the reasons you said
>Here's a 30-foot-tall demon that moves 3-times as fast as you, has unlimited stamina so he can do a 10-hit combo on you and then immediately retreat to do a huge AOE attack or an instant charge, and we'll have him fly and teleport around so your lock-on gets broken so he can hit you from off-screen for your full health bar
>Of course, every single attack of his can kill you in 1 hit anyway, so LMAO
>did I mention there's 2 of them, and the other one can apply Toxic to you?
>Oh yeah, once you kill both of them, there's a 3rd phase where all of the above gets magnified 3-times over, including his health pool!
>dark souls! git gud!
is there even a reason to invest in defensive stats in this game when every single attack takes 80-100% of your health bar no matter the fuck what?
and oh yeah, poise? what's that? enjoy having every single tiny attack stagger you
flinch, flinch, flinch, YOU DIED

ER bosses feel like parodies of typical Souls bosses. They're hyperexaggerated.

Dark souls 1

Elden ring Sucks and no ammount of bleating or buzzwords will change my mind

> but so is your character with the new stuff you can do
all of the souls games have cheese builds and strats, and bosses all become easy when over-leveled in all of the games. in a vacuum, elden ring's bosses are harder. end of story.

I prefer elden rings smart and pressured aggression approach.

Attached: 1649182690544.png (1440x1496, 433.79K)

Shields in ER are the best they've ever been. Even without any investment you can pick up a medium shield with barricade which will let you tank bosses with good timing, and with an actual shield build you can get 100% phys and 90% elemental block with permanent zero stamina loss on blocking. So what the fuck are you even talking about?

Sekiro and DaS1

>this slow cunt was the hardest boss in DS3
damn, makes me grateful for ER's exciting and challenging bosses

DS2 is the worst

I like every souls game except for 2, but I really hate how they've been balancing them around iframe rolling. I honestly felt like i discovered a cheat once I figured out how to do it in demons souls. I think it's why Sekiro was such a breath of fresh air. I still enjoy the fuck out of Elden, but I don't like how rolling is such a big part of the combat balancing now. It absolutely was not in Demons and Dark Souls

The only good souls game was 2 since it worked flawlessly at launch.

On PS4 this boss is still harder than anything in Elden Ring because the fog in his arena makes the game run at a completely random frame timing.

Why can't Fromfags admit that the AI mechanics and damage tuning in Elden Ring are dogshit? At times, this game isn't even fun because of the bullshit and you fags know it but are too afraid of getting Miyazaki's dick out of your mouth since it's been in there for so long.

I think it's better than Elden Ring, and that it's a very good game. Elden Ring is still fun, though.
I'll miss Dark Souls.

>t. DS2fag

ds2 is not a miyazaki game it's a fanfiction

Lol this looks like shit too, at least post Sekiro or something if you are going to say "toe to toe". This guy is rolling around like a pussy too.

>Why can't Fromfags admit that the AI mechanics and damage tuning in Elden Ring are dogshit?
Because not everyone agrees that they're dogshit. I recommend reading the book in my attached image. It could be beneficial for you, going forward.

Attached: original-6303131-1.jpg (350x350, 82.03K)

Why do you have such a persecution complex? Lots of people have talked about the balancing and AI aggression / input reading on Yea Forums. Like a fucking lot.

>This guy is rolling around like a pussy too.
Sekiro parries have more iframes than rolls, in addition to not even having to consider your movement while doing it.