I have yet to see any serious argument as to why microtransactions and lootboxes ruin gaming beyond

I have yet to see any serious argument as to why microtransactions and lootboxes ruin gaming beyond
>THEY'RE BAD BECAUSE. . . WELL THEY JUST ARE, OK!?

Attached: 1642060378090.jpg (1170x1002, 96.38K)

Content is locked behind paywalls. How is that not a bad thing?

They kill any sense of accomplishment because some retard could just buy everything you earn.

any digital object i buy is as real as the emotion i feel from owning it.
also being able to dab on poor ass niggas is the best

Game itself is free.

It's luck based instead of skill based, which makes the game boring.

You sound like the type of person where class gets put on hold because you need everything explained to you three times.

And it's p2w garbage with all the fun and interesting content locked behind paywalls.
It's shit design.

Because it incentivizes developers to design every system around them, in an effort to squeeze every last cent out of a player, or to at least have them playing the game for so long that they don't play any other game.

Too bad we have games with them that are not free.
Even the notion of free games are debateable if a portion of them is locked behind a paywall. It would be more akin to a trial.

They're only bad if they give you a leg up over other players. Purely cosmetic shit like skins in Overwatch are absolutely not a problem.

Attached: 00d15f6a2f6e76f7e8166449de00cec2.jpg (736x920, 116.74K)

Just like real life

I believe the issues are as follows:
-encouraging gambling addiction is morally reprehensible
-pay to win is unenjoyable except for paypigs
-“free” games quickly become $100 games
-dark patterns are cringe
There are of course others, but these are what came off the top of my head

Games are meant to be an escape from that.

lol
lmao

But WHY is 9+12=21? WHY is Hitler-dono the bad guy? WHY did they not like the tea tax?

>Purely cosmetic shit
is also shit
>Grimdank universe
>Death and decay everywhere
>Rainbow faggot bunnyhops past

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 368.17K)

>pay to win is unenjoyable except for paypigs
I wish.
I have some friends that keep playing p2w shit just to proof that you can compensate for payshit if you grind enough

Because people look back to the earlier 6th gen and before where you bought complete games, and optional skins were either already there, unlocked over time or even potentially unlocked with cheat codes.
There's also a clash of tone with the game, with some skins being wacky or silly on a backdrop of a game with a serious tone, all to appeal to a wider range of people and depart them of their money.
Also designs that try to encourage those to speed up the grind with money, with the game designed just for that.

I know this is Yea Forums and low effort bait like this will get you guaranteed hundreds of replies, but at least put some effort into your topics next time.

They create bad incentives for developers to focus their game design on maximizing how much people pay inside of a misery machine instead of making a good product people would want to buy. Look up "fun pain".

That unironically looks based though

They're absolutely a problem for Overwatch. For the past three fucking years or however long, the only content that has been added to Overwatch is one fucking map and dozens of fucking skins along with retreads of past events. Skins =/= content. And no I don't fucking care if you're developing Overwatch 2.

But people who gamble are likely to pay more than the game would’ve been worth had it not been free. Your only defense here could be
>yeah, they’re ruining the experience for anyone who doesn’t spend money every time they play, but at least you don’t have to spend money at all to enjoy this mediocre, intentionally joyless game made joyless to incentivize purchases!
And do you really want to be that guy?

What if we just like talking about this topic and constantly remind ourselves and others of why video games suck ass now.

the secret when it comes to games is that the diamonds aren't there. games have just become worryingly good at making you think the game is going to get more interesting or complex when you progress just a little farther or unlock something new. there is always this sense of promise, despite it never being fulfilled. there is actually no payoff, no reward. you just waste hours until you realize it never gets better

just don't play games like this

>DOOM
>Grimdank
lol. It's about as grimdank as Jason X, or your average Metal album cover art. At least come up with a better argument than that.

>You just have to play every single day for six hours each day then after six months you'll be on par as long as you don't stop playing for longer than a week or else the paypigs will creep right on past you again.

You realize you're playing a video game right? If some dude wants to dress up as a clown and be the largest moving target in the game whats wrong with that? Is he breaking your RP immersion in Team Slayer?

didnt feel like spending time finding a suitable picture.
you're free to provide one with a retarded skin in it

>yet to see
then open the archive and look it up. arguments have been made thousands of times already not my fault you were born yesterday

I've got ya covered.
Still, your argument should be about how companies ruin their brands by shoving in things that are out of place (fucking retarded) just to get clout with a vocal minority, most of which either won't play the game or won't pick it up again after their contractual obligation ends.
I honestly feel bad for kids these days. They've never known anything but the microtransaction hell we live in today.

Attached: Halo-Infinite-Cat-Ears.png (1662x940, 1.37M)

It incentivizes bad game design (Skinner boxes, artificial progression, paywalls, and players ruining regular gameplay because of battle pass rewards)
It also encourages every game on Earth to become an evergreen title which by it's nature only happens when a genre is unexplored thoroughly

>microtransactions
Fine as long as the game is free and it's cosmetics only
>lootboxes and non-cosmetic microtransactions
The game is built around them and automatically shit because of it

I bet you're the same kind of retard that think ps+ games are free.

How did that ruin halo?

Most microtransactions are cases where the devs have literally made the game less convenient or worse to attempt to force you to pay for something. Paying for microtransaction shit is financially incentivising shitty design choices.

And all of these games are methodically engineered to be almost fun but slightly frustrating at all times, with issues that could be solved with a monthly pass or two, if the devs are generous.
Haven't seen a single person being excited to do their daily farming routine so at the end of the month they will have a 5-10$ equivalent in ingame resources.

>start dating someone
>girl says you're together officially
>that means you're exclusively dating
>want some physical intimacy
>she says you have to roll a dice and you can only hold her hand if you get snake eyes
>have to pay each time you roll
>odds get worse the more intimate you get, kissing, blowjobs etc
>vaginal penetration odds are abysmal, literally 0.1% chance per roll. rolling expensive as fuck too

yeah sure buddy, you're "dating" and she's your "girlfriend"

fuck off

wow that is some impressive mental gymnastics with a very clear virgin projection.

Predictable.

Attached: arguing with holes.jpg (640x716, 95.25K)

Except it's not.
Every "f2p" game has content locked behind paying. Either it will take months or even years to get what you could in 1 day, or it's straight up impossible to get without paying. Actual game changing content, not just cosmetics.

Because since October last year, it's been pure shite. MCC Season 8 (fantasy crap), Infinite (cat ears and $1000+ worth of cosmetics at launch), and the MCC 20th anniversary cosmetics (see pic) are all super out of place and the only people who like them are the ones stuck with a perpetual 'O' face while pointing at their screens and screeching over "new thing" or "old thing I never touched but will say I love it so people don't make fun of me on the tiktok"

Attached: LE EBIN REFERENCE.jpg (2234x1256, 285.39K)

Microtrasnaction systems encourage flavor of the month skins and similar garbage that destroys the art style and visual consistency of a game. This is basically universal across the board every big FPS has godawful gunskins or pastel nonsense or clowns and santa claus outfits or samurais and cowboys. MW2019 didn't look that bad at launch but look at it now, you're more likely to run into the Joker with a pink anime P90 than you are a military soldier. It's ugly as shit and people flock to ugly skins because they stand out more, so companies make more because they sell more.

Attached: 03D-OPERATORS-008.jpg (1920x1080, 502.02K)

because they're a scheme to get you to pay way way more for shit you used to get for free and it's the most blatant artificial scarcity in the world
>you can't just buy the overwatch skin or whatever you want directly! You have to gamble for it...because....WELL YOU JUST DO, OK???!!

No they're a problem then too. Used to be cosmetics and skins were unlockables, a reward for playing the fucking game. Those things would be a thousand times better even if they were just tied to a fucking in-game gachapon you paid for with points from playing.

You can earn most lootboxes in game.

Genshin Impact has one of the most beautiful and fun to explore worlds in all of gaming but it's seriously hamstrung by the fact that you will never actually find a cool reward for doing so. The best you'll get is a bit of currency to throw into the slot machine

Skins used to be for Achievements, before they became cheap notifications.

It's called an analogy. Read a book sometimes so you can acquire a vocabulary that is more extensive than Yea Forums shitposting vernacular.

At least with gambling you get to keep what you won when you stop. With F2P shit it all gets deleted the second they decide to stop hosting the servers.
Its even worse if you're a P2W nigger like those who play warthunder/wargaming shit, because one day the devs can just decide whatever you own is now something completely different from what it used to be.
F2P paypigs are raising another man's child level of cucked.

Its poor fucks that are mad that they cant afford a shitty jpg in a gacha game
lmao poorfags deserve the rope

lol
so easily manipulated by ads

it's a terrible way to introduce game content

games are shaped by their payment model.
gacha tears games apart into the worst kind of skinner box. you are a moron if you can't see the difference.
>I have yet to see any serious argument as to why microtransactions and lootboxes ruin gaming beyond
then you're illiterate. also I've seen this thread multiple times. who is making it?

Attached: taro.png (921x114, 37.24K)

Cause they could be free content unlocked by gameplay.

I agree with you, but that's a bad example. Doom is intentionally campy, so it makes sense that there are some goofy looking skins.
A better example would be that one horror game (Fatal Frame I wanna say) that had an unlockable/buyable skin that put the female character in a bikini. That was retarded.

But it's free content, you just have to play for literal years to unlock everything :^)
Also you lose everything whenever the dev decide to close the servers because laws are retarded about digital goods.

>NO! THEY ARE FREE! YOU JUST PAY FOR PSPLUS THEN BY TOTAL COINCIDENCE, YOU GET ALL THESE FREE GAMES BUT YOU DON'T IF YOU DON'T BUT PSPLUS FOR YOU FREE GAMES!

The lengths of mental gymnastics they went through was insane. Just say it's a game subscription service.

Attached: 1261430853265.jpg (320x240, 10.47K)

>who is making it?
Probably marketing departments. By finding out what we don't like, they know what they still need to change peoples perceptions of.

Fuck off shlomo enabler.

>You guys are stupid, they're going to be looking for the doomslayer.

It allows devs to make money by increasing FOMO and gambling compulsion, instead of improving gameplay.

that "game" is by far the best example of how a free game is carried by retards and children who dont give a damn about the quality of the game itself

I personally have never had an issue with this,(because I am better at gaming than all of you) but I do understand the problem. And the problem is valid. It is not fair to players that cannot pay to be beaten by equal players that can. This is essentially trans women beating women in sports. Not the same, but advantage is advantage. To deny this is to deny reality. Also, to clarify, I have never spent any form of currency on these "advantages".