Take a break from Kino R*ng after 300 hours

>take a break from Kino R*ng after 300 hours
>decide to try this out since Yea Forums said it's better
>combat is slow and clunky, have to rev my weapon like it's a fucking lawn mower
>have to chase the stupid monster around the arena, probably only 1 minute of time is actually spent engaging the monster
>beat the monster, turns out I have to do that again 4 more times to get a gear set that I need for another monster
>literally laugh out loud,close the game,request refund from steam
Am I being trolled?

Attached: 11307RW7B5mvRMeOG-1pM9RnGdpRQVQ2iXinFe9755wHVXH0-mRqwizRWZQK8wMHat3XhtITgBGvRuT7JLJkkZenNxUerkoj.jpg (2048x2048, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fJdS_KnkD8
youtube.com/watch?v=xt5yBib9Zas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry its a game for people with skills, since you can't just grind levels to beat the boss.

>turns out I have to do that again 4 more times to get a gear set that I need for another monster
Why do people say this? That's not how monster hunter works at all.

>Baby's First Monster Hunter
There's your problem. You should have tried Rise since it's faster and requires more skill.

>and requires more skill.
False until Sunbreak comes out

Shit thread

You are a brainlet caster if you can’t enjoy both, simple as.
MH Iceborn is harder, requires more patience and dedication, and it really helps to have friends to play with, but you can solo the entire game undoubtedly. I’m sorry your need to be facetious supersedes your interest in having fun.

I prefer monster hunter because you have a huge sword and you smack a dinosaur on the head with it.

>I HATE GOLD RATHIAN
>I HATE GOLD RATHIAN
>I HATE GOLD RATHIAN

Attached: 1631067970223.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Apexes are more difficult than anything in Iceborne.

>He didn't know about Goldian drift
ngmi

Difficulty doesn’t excuse it from being much more boring than World.

I mean Reddit Ring is a more casual experience so makes sense.
Nothing wrong with playing easier games, OP.

>fromcuck can’t play any other game where he doesn’t have a 40 frame iframe roll and cheese builds to beat every encounter

Many such cases. Sad.

Yeah, most monhuns felt really, I mostly played freedom unite and the 3ds ones, the only proper fun I got out of it was playing with friends and working towards gearsets together. The combat feels extremely stiff and most monsters are also really easy solo.

I wish MH was still slow and clunky
I'm expecting MH6 to literally be DMC with a MH quest structure

Me too, I wish more focus went back in to the actual hunting aspect of the game like in the old games with paintballs and etc
the old mechanics could use some improvement but it made the game "feel" more like a hunt as opposed to a boss fight rush.

>bought World on autumn sale
>played it until Rise came out on PC
>played that until Elden Ring came out
>gonna be playing it until Sunbreak comes out
>gonna be playing that until XBC3 comes out
>gonna be playing that until Elden Ring DLC comes out
Feels good liking video games this year.

Attached: 1614486086772.png (1200x1166, 1.08M)

Yeah we get it, you watched some autist's multi hour long video on MHDos and now you know everything about the series and the direction it should go in.

Fuck off.

>Am I being trolled?
No, that's monster hunter for you, kill monster to get better gear to kill more monsters until you reach the big boy monsters. I dunno why niggers want to compare souls to monster hunter so bad.

Both fanbases consider themselves the elite of gaming world, go figure.

4/10 made me reply

No user you don't understand you're only allowed to like one series and even then you have to hate all the entries

I completely forgot about XB3, I might nab it once I'm done with Sunbreak
It's a false-flagger that's baiting replies user

Attached: FLN6tM6aIAIVVc1.jpg (2303x2303, 476.26K)

I don't watch youtube essays.
Most of the time when I click on a youtube video and I start hearing some faggots awful voice talking I'll immediately dislike and close it.

>2 MH released in the past 5-6 years
>Next to zero comparisons to souls just a lot of infighting
>New Souls game releases
>FS fans have to show and tell how it's better than every game in existence to assuage their ego.
Really makes you think

Attached: 1499776910485.png (422x562, 319.63K)

>get BTFO in previous thread
>can't make an argument there so makes a new thread

schizo moment

I don't think neither of the fanbases are doing that, tho there's always the stray retard that wants to start shit like this idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=2fJdS_KnkD8

But both games have iframe rolling and randomly difficult fights! They're obviously the same genre user

I just think it's funny that Yea Forums cries about reused bosses in Elden Ring but will defend Monster Hunter effectively doing the same thing but even worse.

I doubt that's the case since both communities barely interact with each other.

>Dumb intro
>Cuts to some slob talking in front of a camera
nope, fuck off

>enjoy Souls games, Nioh, and MH
>enjoyment comes from the different challenges the different mechanics bring
>imagine being a fan of just one

Feels good challengebros.

this, rise is the dark souls of mh

user no you'll summon that guy who thinks you're only allowed to enjoy one game per genre

It should be illegal to be infront of a camera unless you're a 9-10 / 10 fit superchad
the same goes for audio only

If you really want to talk about re-using enemies, start counting the number of "angry guy with sword or spear" appears in every Soulsbornering game, non-bosses included cause you spend most of the game fighting them.

Monster hunter literally only has 5 enemies:

Giant dragon
Giant quadraped with gimmicks
Monkey
Dinosaur
Uhhhhhh bird

I love all rathians

it is and its the core gameplay loop of the game. if you have a problem with it, just play something else because changing it would change the entire appeal of the game.

>crabs
>spiders
>giant brap beetle and her simps
>mech mantis
>snek
>big fucking snek

The 14 different weapons in MH turn each monster into a different fight. The challenge is understanding the move set of each monster. How do people do NG+13 on soulsborne games?

Furious Rajang would make fromdrones seethe harder than they already do at Melania.

>the moveset of each monster

*ROAR*
*ROAR*
*fly*

Wow so engaging.

And I could fight those 5 enemies for the rest of my life

Do monster hunter fans even exist anymore? No one talks about this dead series anymore. It's archaic as fuck.

Get earplugs bro

Elden Ring has a nice open world with kino atmosphere but World shits on it combat wise don't be silly

We’re all too busy playing the game. MH fans don’t post on Yea Forums because they don’t hate video games.

No it was quite popular with World and to a lesser extent, Rise. When it falls out of flavor for another fomo game it's just bitter nintenbros and contrarians left bickering with each other and in other games threads.

while he may be a faggot he is still mostly right though. with each entry the whole hunting aspect has been removed more and more, WIB and Rise being the worst offenders. you dont even have to search for the monster in rise anymore, let alone learn each monsters location rotation. you instantly see all monsters on the map and will always be able to. whats the point in spawning at a camp even? just drop the player right next to the monster i question and off you go. everything is getting streamlined so that you spend as little time as possible doing anything but fighting the monster.

Once you get good enough, you’ll never have to slot earplugs.

Then why are there no more monster hunter threads except chads like me (OP) shitting on this series?

Souls comparisons stared when World first came out and reviewers started comparing World to Souls since MH was pretty niche beforehand, and World came out during the gap between DS3 and ER.

Rise creating fun open arenas to fight monsters in is such an amazing and welcome change from how World created the horrible areas. However the hunting aspect is basically gone, which I understand. But if you want to hunt stuff play cabellas big horn yeehaw hunter. I am here to uppercut big ass dinosaurs.

>combat is slow and clunky
reddit ring fags don't get to talk shit about any game's combat
you have 500ms of input delay lmfao

The superman dive in this game has more iframes than anything in the souls series.

because it's a fomo console war series and shitposters can get far easier dopamine hits by shitting on elden ring

You can kill all of LR without upgrading your armor at all, if you're good.

youtube.com/watch?v=xt5yBib9Zas
Daily reminder that this is the true power of soulsborne speedrunners.

IG is OP
it might have average DPS but the orange buff makes you almost invincible if youre not clinically retarded

Attached: bffa96f5bf0eddaa7cb580512609efdc.jpg (600x399, 28.79K)

I'm sorry but this bait just doesn't work with MHW.

>typical from drone getting mogged by village REEEEEzu

Pottery.

i played through rise with a bugstick and it was boring as shit.

EZ

Attached: Summon skill.jpg (1236x727, 965.05K)

bro the narrative is that World is an american made abomination, you can't just say Rise is shit

>mfw Sunbreak comes out
>all the Elden Ring zoomers try it and get filtered the fuck out

Attached: 1493246214271.png (1800x1100, 28.46K)

comparing souls games with monhun is retarded

Attached: 1561574141169.jpg (600x600, 69.35K)

im talking about world though

I can't wait for monster hunter to be entirely open world.

>other hunter carts three time
>hunt is over

Nigga pls that shit is actually hard mode if you get a bunch of retards.

Nooo bro you don't get it they both have a dodge roll and a stamina bar they're exactly the same trust me bro

The only people left playing are Japanese tryhards. I just bought iceborne and every time I needed help I just summoned Ninja Jesus and they flew in, slapped the boss, did an emote and left.

Worlds IG is stupid. Have to stay on the ground to do damage and the IG ground combo is brain dead easy. Thank god for Rise making the good changes to all the weapons.

>summon in elden ring
>monster health scales up
>they die and leave
>does not scale back down like they do in MH
okay

>Thinking Monster Hunter has an MMORPG gear-treadmill for a "Gameplay loop"

Why do retards like you keep acting like the point of Monster Hunter is to "Farm a monster to get stronger gear for the next monster" when that's complete overkill in reality and nobody should play the game that way.
In reality you can pretty much go through the entire story content with 1 set of armor. You can farm a Jaggi/Velocidrome/etc set in like 30 minutes and then go through the entirety of low rank with it, then get a high rank version and go through the entirety of high rank. If you like a different armor set that you can get that one instead, but you don't constantly replace your armor like there's some sort of gear score check you have to make.

Anyone who legitimately believes that Monster Hunter has an MMORPG style gear treadmill should be shot on sight and very likely doesn't even play the game. They just know you make gear from monsters so they think that's how it works.

OP here. Are you stupid? All the monster hunter tards are ITT coping. It clearly works.

>rise dragoon dive
>you need to dance in air like a retard to power it up
>good luck hitting a monster by third jump
i hate it
i love it
i love to hate it

There's people who still believe the enemies in DMC don't fight back, some people just wanna shitpost man.

>aerial weapon has to do aerial moves to do maximum damage

You gotta do better than that my boy.

Why does this thing feel like a giant pile of shit? Everyone says to slap on evade extender except then I do no damage because I'm missing skills. Also apparently getting decorations you want is a mandatory 200 hour grind

The fuck

Attached: switch_axe_mhw.jpg (320x180, 16K)

Use it in rise, equip rapid morph and you become a damage god. The Swaxes downside has always been it’s a glass cannon. Just maximum attack is your best defense.

Works on my machine. For real though, I somewhat agree with you. There was a point in IB where it just clicked for me, effortlessly applying buffs while still evading and doing damage. Its a weird weapon for sure that doesn't have a concrete win condition like "Do this super move to win".

Also this. With the exception of Ecliptic Meteor (Behemoth), Sapphire of the Emperor(Safi'jiiva), Escaton Judgement (Alatreon) and Schrade's Demise (Fatalis) - the Superman dive will save you from everything. It's easily spammable and the i-frames last 10 years. That's also not including knockdowns where you're invincible so long as you stay on the ground. Rolling, I'll say is easier in Souls and the frames are super tight in MH. But with evasion 5 you're untouchable while rolling as well.

Why are MHfags in the west so obsessed with difficulty, even moreso than fromdrones? They think their little handheld game that gained popularity for being a fun co-op game for bugmen to play on their commutes to work was ever particularly challenging. Yeah, I suppose it is if you play all the online quests by yourself but that was never the point of the series in the first place. It was always for co-op sessions with your bros, and before that it was one of the only PS2 era games with online multiplayer, because multiplayer was always a core focus of the game's design. Multiplayer also trivializes the difficulty.

Attached: file.png (976x850, 492.31K)

I just couldn't get into it after playing hundreds of hours with swaxe in 4U. The dodge and iframes were just too different for me to get to grips with it.

Because Yea Forums has decided difficulty is all that matters, over having an enjoyable or appropriately challenging experience.

its ok user, not everyone likes to unga

That's like saying blowing yourself up with small barrel bombs is a good strategy because it can give you 300 iframes.

Oh yeah I was the same way. Like the other dude says, you can just play Rise to get the instant dopamine from playing with your weaponfu, but I maintain SA has its charm in IB.

I don't care about difficulty at all. I care more about all the shitty grinding and cookie cutter missions that are just refights of monsters with small variations.

If this series had no monster refights and all monsters dropped guaranteed gear on defeat like in souls games, it would only be 6 hours long

It's clear you haven't played the game because in 2h that Steam limits you to if you want to refund the game, you wouldn't have done all the things you've written about.
Why bother with this tribalistic shit? You do realize most people who like MH would like ER and vice versa? At least as long as we're talking about real people and not Yea Forumsermin that don't even play games.
The story missions in Rise are pathetically easy but endgame quests in Rise are more difficult than anything in World. Event Apexes and Infernal Springs Valstrax, they were called Advanced or Emergency IIRC, can easily one-shot you with half of their attacks. The only comparable fights in World are Raging Brachy, Alatreon (the regular one, not the nerfed one) and Fatty and even then you are almost never punished with immediately carting for a single mistake unless you majorly fuck up like not passing the elemental DPS check against Alatreon. Vanilla World ATs were even easier. If one wants to make an argument for Rise endgame being easier than World's, then the only valid reason I can see is that even the most difficult Rise hunts are a bit shorter than World's.