When did you realize you were playing a masterpiece?

When did you realize you were playing a masterpiece?

Attached: 20220405151701_1.jpg (1920x1080, 530.7K)

when you checked this 5

When I played Bloodborne again.
This game has masterful moments (Lyndell isn't one of them), but for everything like that, there's 15 caves and mines with a rehashed boss.

When I fought the same niggermonkeys, bats, pygmies and dogs from Limgrave in the snow area 40 hours later.

>When I played Bloodborne again
This, I realized how slow BB is and badly it aged beyond fanboyism, terrible quality of life all around. ER deserves the GOTY as From's best work and an industry defining game.

Attached: golden mask.jpg (935x879, 385.2K)

Right after Stormveil (which in itself is peak level design for video games in general), when you go onto the cliff overlooking Liurnia and Visions of Just Getting Started hits.

When I played Bloodborne again. It was relief to go back to a game that didn't have like 8f of input lag and no repeating bosses

when I booted up Sekiro again and realized I was home

when I fought the same bad guy for the 58th time

bit this time they do double the damage and half double the hp

That hat is so fucking ugly, I will unequip it even if its a stat loss

spbp

when i noticed packs of rats or dogs are more dangerous than a dragon

when I went down to the sewer and found copypasted carian manor hands and imps everywhere and trekked through the worst souls level in the history of soulsborne (worse than even shaded woods) to be rewarded with finding a copypasted catacomb that ends in a bossfight with a copypasted shardbearer boss.

Attached: 1647891942659.jpg (3838x2156, 3.37M)

+160 hours is in and I only realized that Im playing yet another game that made the same mistakes every shit open world did.

Yeah this aint it champ.

Radhan fight sealed it for me

morgott fight

When i cleared the same tunnels, caves and catacombs 100 times with the exact same layout and reused bosses.

>shield
you didnt beat the game

Watchdogs was very kino Can't wait for elden ring 2

I didnt, because it isnt one

>mfw i got the achievement for killing Mohg not when i killed him in his palace but when i killed his Sewer self.

Attached: Muscle Wizard.png (363x396, 166.85K)

Unironically as soon as I entered Limgrave

you dropped this

You can't call a 5 anymore

At first I just thought it was just a very good game, but tranny cope pushed into masterpiece tier.
10/10

I didn't, I played a meme game that was taylor-made for reddit

>Sekiro: Orange Tint Filters Applied Twice

Funny you picked the area where the game peaked and then dropped off a cliff.

It was when I first got to Liyue, I think.

Attached: 20220330175032.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Dark souls sucks, check this 7
Jews did 9/11

When I stepped into Limgrave. This picture is overly pretentious but its points are valid.
Standing atop the walls of Leyndell and realizing I could go anywhere in the city was indeed another glorious realization.

Attached: 1646938909895.png (2732x1535, 3.37M)

I've yet to realize it I guess.

Attached: file.png (631x177, 127.7K)

When I heard the main menu theme

I saw all that and then I turned around and went east instead. Fuck guidance of grace I'm explorin' shit myself.

>Where you're going
I explored almost the whole map before ever even entering stormveil.
is stormveil completely optional?, literally nothing stopped me from ever exploring further.

Absolutely based

Yeah. you need to kill 2 shardbearers but the boss of castle stormveil doesn't have to be one of them.

When I played any game but Shartden Turd

yes. you don't need godrick's rune. any other great runes will work to get the plot moving

When I got bored of ER and went back to DD for the 15th time

You get an achievement for both...

when did you realize OP is a faggot who blatantly has very limited experience with video games likely as a direct result of him being underage

Nothing wrong with that. It's nice to swap between multiple different games instead of burning out on one. I liked Elden Ring but after 200 hours It's time for something else.

It fucking sucked compared to Dark Souls.

And Dick Souls sucked compared to Dragon's Chadma

Last game I can remember going "holy shit this game is massive" is probably Vanilla WoW. Even Morrowind felt small with the 10 foot draw distance obscuring the entire world from view.

morrowind is probably physically smaller than this game

the map is genuinely large. the amount of content is impressive even with the repetition

right there. the capital is the most breathtaking place ever in a video game.

When I stopped playing and started playing Skyrim

Entering Caelid for first time via mimic
Being trapped in that mine was kino too, not many devs have balls to potentially make casuals seethe by doing stuff like that

when i wandered into auriza side tomb ( do not be confused with auriza hero grave)

When I turned that shit off and played some Titanfall 2.

that's where I took my first screenshot. amazing view and beautiful colors.

During the network test. I just beat fire giant, 70 hours in, I'm ready to move on, I don't care about finishing the game, it was fun but I don't care anynore

I'm just trying to think of games I played growing up that instilled that sense of wonder in me. Like when you enter a new area and go "wow"
Dark souls 1 and shadow of the colossus had some great moments too. Epecially DS1 when I realized there was an elevator underneath firelink. I had somehow completely missed it and only found it after new londo.

Based everbrilliant user

>decay
>corruption
>hopelessness
>rolling instead of dashing
>everything looks like melted wax with dust sprinkled on top
>comically big weapons
>long and retarded attack animations (80% of the animation is posing before/after the hit)
>kitchen-sink world building
>masterpiece
Heh, ok user.

>exploring the starting area
>go into a forest
>bump into HUGE FUCKING BEAR
>run away
>find some kind of temple in the forest
>it has an elevator to an absolutely HUGE underground area
>explore this underground area in awe for a little bit until I get turned into a pincushion by ghost viking arrows

That was when I knew I was playing a masterpiece

Here’s your crown king

the novelty of map size wears off with time when you realize that, as is the case with Elden Ring, it's mostly full of filler content and the occasional scenic vista or quiet moment of exploration doesn't warrant its inclusion. I still remember a time when the San Andreas map was genuinely mind-blowing.

About 300 hours into invasions
Oh and 5 minutes after pre ordering it

So you prefer framepacing, unstable 30fps and chromatic aberration?

While I like Dragon's Dogma, it could've been way better if it was closer to the original vision of the game.

gonna play it for the first time soon

:(

are there any weapons or armors that...save a frame or two...

And then you realize that you have just seen the best area in the game and once you go above grond again it will be 90% trees and grass plains.

the starting area is by far the worst/least interesting area

When I read an item description and found out that Lansseax, a large dragon, is canonically female and had sex with a human knight.

lol

>AAAAAHHHH!!!!

Attached: 350px-HBOGolden_Crown.png (350x399, 262.67K)

>all those buildings
>all but 2 or 3 are sealed shut with golden cum
wow such big impressive game world