How did they regress so much from this? Both in gameplay and story

How did they regress so much from this? Both in gameplay and story

Not a single bossfight in Elden Ring is even close to Sekiro, wtf

Attached: sekiro_2793583b.jpg (3840x2160, 1.31M)

>

Attached: Radagon Kino.webm (720x404, 2.76M)

sekiro bosses literally just have to be designed around katana clank clank

elden ring is a lot more than katana clank clank

No one cares about Sekiro. Sekiro is going to be a game that can only get replies on Yea Forums when comparing it to Elden Ring. Why? Because no one cares about your autistic, finely tuned boss rush simulator. If that's what I wanted to play I'd go play DMC. I'd rather have fun with jank souls RPG open world goodness.

You've got it backwards, OP.
Sekiro is a regression of the Souls formula. It took everything good out and left behind a generic action game.
Elden Ring isn't comparable because it's a completely different game and is all the better for distancing itself.

>elden ring is a lot more than katana clank clank
Yeah, it's more roll roll roll

>Sekiro is a regression of the Souls formula
Sekiro is the only game in the series that has consistently good level design and boss design. It's also the only game where you have to master the mechanics rather than ovelever or cheese your enemies.

>elden ring is a lot more than katana clank clank
What, roll and poke again?

Based and truth pilled. Outside of here, you'll get "Sekiro? Yeah it was pretty cool. Elden Ring though..."

>goodness

Attached: 1620974689743.png (1048x1584, 832.6K)

the fact that people think this place has ANY marketability is hilarious and sad to me

>wojak
guess he was right

>RPG open world goodness.
Generic open world RPGs are the literal cancer of this industry. The sooner this retarded trend dies, the better.

boring weebshit rhytm game with no replayability

Attached: place.jpg (1600x900, 293.75K)

It's the same thing that happened with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2: they were in development symultaneously, so they never translated some ideas from one game to the other. It's even a reversal of those two games in the director department, as BB was mostly Miyazaki with Hamatani as designer, and Sekiro was mostly Hamatani with Miyazaki as co-director, while DS2 had Tanimura as the second director and Elden Ring is mostly Miyazaki with Tanimura as co-director.

>jank souls RPG open world goodness
Except cutting out all the open world meme padding would literally make Elden Ring a better game

Every decent area in it is enclosed area, like Stormveil Castle. Open world parts are just a waste of time.

This thread again oh my god just go play tenchu if thats what you like faggot

I just wish Elden Ring had a grappling hook.

I love how you agree with me that no one actually cares about Sekiro and any future threads will require mentioning Elden Ring to get replies.

Sekiro's combat designer wasn't involved in Elden Ring. Miyazaki cult worship has made you forget that these games are made by teams of hundreds.

And Elden Ring is another generic westshit inspired game. Not really all that better.

Well yes, I do agree with you. That is why I said the fact that anyone thinks this place has any marketability is pathetic.
This place is a shithole filled with people who are terrible at video games, who do not play video games, and who actively hate video games. Entire personalities build around contrarianism.

>generic
contrariantardbro ...

Grappling hook felt really tacked on desu. Now swimming, hanging and shimming, those were great additions I wish they had done more with.

ER and sekiro were developed side by side.

It will literally never die. There's no reason to make a full, concise experience when you can just make a third of a game, copy-paste that third with minor variations over a giant empty map and have lowest common denominator retards throwing money at the screen for a 6/10 game that overstays its welcome by 100 hours

>Western European Fantasy is not generic

nothing about Elden Ring or its landscapes is generic, but you haven't played it
lmao
Yea Forums is pathetic

>Guardian ape boss...BUT TWO
Sounds like Elden Ring to me

Why would they make a game like Sekiro again when it wasn't as loved or sold as much as Elden Ring?

Only Yea Forums autists want more Sekiro

I literally have 80 hours and currently playing on NG+. The entire narrative that saying something negative about a popular game means that you haven't played it is such a sad cope from you Yea Forumstards.

Elden Ring 'good' bosses.
Mohg, Lord of Blood (DLC tier)
Malenia, Blade of Miquella (DLC tier)
Radagon/Elden Beast (DLC tier)
Morgott (DLC tier)
Godrick (DLC tier)
Maliketh (DLC tier)
Radahn (DLC tier)
Dragonlord Placudisax (DLC tier)
Godfrey/Hoarah Loux (DLC tier)
Rykard (DLC tier)
Astel, Stars of Darkness
Margit
Rennala
Lansseax
Lichdragon Fortissax
Alecto, Black Knife Ringleader
Black Blade Kindred
Commander Niall
Fully Grown Fallen Star Beast
Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree
Godskin Noble
Godskin Apostle
Dragonkin Soldier of Nokstella
Red Wolf of Radagon
Elemer of the Briar
Fire Giant
Regal Ancestor Spirit
Crucible Knight (Ordovis variation)
Spear Crucible Knight (Siluria variation)
Draconic Tree Sentinel
Death Rite Bird
Ulcerated Tree Spirit
Magma Wyrm Makar
Misbegotten Crusader
Erdtree Avatar
Putrid Grave Warden Duellist

Sekiro:
Lady Butterfly (DLC tier)
Genichiro (DLC tier)
Guardian Ape (DLC tier)
Isshin Ashina (DLC tier)
Owl + Owl (father) (DLC tier)
Divine Dragon (DLC tier)
Demon of Hatred (DLC tier)
Sword Saint Isshin (DLC tier)
Gyoubu Oniwa
(True) Corrupted Monk
Drunkards
Generals
Seven Spears
Lone Shadows
O'Rin
Snake Eyes

Dark Souls 3:
Pontiff Sulyvahn (DLC tier)
Dancer of the Boreal Valley (DLC tier)
Lothric/Lorian (DLC tier)
Nameless King (DLC tier)
Soul of Cinder (DLC tier)
Iudex/Champion Gundyr
Vordt
Abyss Watchers
Old Demon King
Aldrich
Dragonslayer Armour
-DLC-
Sister Friede
Demon Princes
Gael
Midir

I just recently played it and am at the fountain palace area, but katana clank clank is getting really boring and everything feel the same. Parrying always feels broken in games with how much it ignores everything else.

Some of Sekiro's best features, like the gauntlets of strength, didn't come out until almost a year and a half after its release.

My bet is that Elden Ring's DLC bosses are fantastic and interesting, but I like hard bosses. So far Malenia is my favorite boss in the game.

Sekiro won game of the year and sold fairly well.

Bloodborne:
Ebrietas (DLC tier)
Gehrman (DLC tier)
Martyr Logarius (DLC tier)
Amygdala
Blood Starved Beast
Cleric Beast/Laurence
Darkbeast Paarl
Father Gascoigne
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Moon Presence
Keeper of the Old Lords
Vicar Amelia
Pthumerian Descendant
Pthumerian Elder
Bloodletting Beast
Abhorrent Beast
Yharnam
Watchdog of the old Lords
-DLC-
Maria
Orphan of Kos
Ludwig

Dark Souls 2:
Darklurker
Looking Glass Knight
Smelter Demon
-DLC-
Burnt Ivory King
Sinh
Fume Knight
Sir Alonne

Dark Souls:
Ornstein and Smough (DLC tier)
Four Kings
Sif
Gwyn
Gaping Dragon
-DLC-
Artorias
Sanctuary Guardian
Kalameet
Manus

Demons Souls:
False King
Flamelurker

No, you haven't. Rope yourself anytime, Yea Forumsermin scum

All souls games do. It just doesn't really have a fan base outside of Yea Forums. Even on Yea Forums Sekiro threads can only get replies if mentioning Elden Ring. Fucking DaS2 gets more organic discussion.

Nah Sekiro is cool because it almost guarantees every player will have the same experience and then using prosthetics is a fun option with everyone on the same playing field. The options for gameplay variety are limited on purpose but they're still there. Elden Ring, however, is more open-ended and as a result most bosses feel easy in comparison.

Keep coping you retarded faggot. And while your at it, remove yourself from the gene pool.

>n..no ...u....
he's MAD hahahhaa

Elden Ring's popularity is only temporary. As it stands, the only Souls game that really left a lasting impact was Dark Souls 1. Even Bloodborne doesn't get talked about nearly as much today.

Then why do people like elsen ring more than sekiro?

Who else is ready for Armored Kino?

Attached: HOPIUM_Full.jpg (1784x1004, 1.2M)

>It's only temporary!!!
Cope.

Also pretty sure I've seen multiple threads asking for Bloodborne 2. Meanwhile no one wants Sekiro 2.

The fact that you can't accept that your favorite game has flaws really says a lot about you as a person. Keeping eating that shit user. I bet you like it and will ask for seconds.

>roll 5 times
>r1 once
>repeat until one of you die
at least sekiro had a satisfying rythm and pace to it.

They hated him because he told the truth

>Also pretty sure I've seen multiple threads asking for Bloodborne 2
Haven't seen a single one
>Meanwhile no one wants Sekiro 2
A lot do

Yes Sekiro is an action game while other Souls are RPGs, what's your point?

Elden Ring is far from my favorite game you retarded Yea Forumsermin piece of filth
stay assmad

Partly because Elden Ring is a far, far easier game than Sekiro even if you limit yourself to solo melee only.

>A lot do
Just because you weigh a lot doesn't mean you're multiple people, user. No one cares about Shitkiro.

The RPG genre is shit and requires no skill.

>gets ruined by elden beast

The answer is simpler:
They're both multiplat. Anyone can play them. But people love Elden Ring much more because it's more fun.

I play video games for fun not to validate myself with "skill"

The more fast-paced and action-focused bosses just fit better in a pure action game than an rpg. Balance is thrown out the window because of the stats and overly simple defensive mechanics meaning every boss is either a total cakewalk or a frustrating mess.
The faster this series gets, the more you have to rely on I-frames and only getting a hit in every 30 seconds.

>He resorts to fat jokes
You know what? Let Fromsoft do the exact same shit ad infinitum. Let them become the next Ubisoft. I can't wait for that to happen and laugh at all you dipshits, just like I did when CD Projekt Red fell from grace.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (904x864, 85.07K)

I really hate how the games stopped feeling more simlike and are more about CUUURAYZYYY boosting now. I want a slow methodical armored core game again.

Elden Ring's bosses take maybe 5 attempts each for me to think "hmmmm, what's the weakness? Oh, I got it" and then they click and are easy. Sekiro's bosses require more skill in my opinion.
I won't even argue with that since I love Elden Ring too. But I think of Sekiro like a work of art.

McDonald's sells more than any 3 Michelin Star restaurant and it doesn't mean their food is better.

It is just more accesible.