Beating elden ring felt completely hollow. I didn't care about the world at all...

Beating elden ring felt completely hollow. I didn't care about the world at all, I didn't really give a shit about any of the characters, the lore was meh and I just wasn't invested. Maybe I'm just tired of this formula but it just didn't hit engross me like dark souls and Bloodborne did. And this fucker reminded me of the hollywood trope of having a big scary monster at the end they need to defeat to make up for a lackluster climax.

Attached: elden-beast-boss-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg (3194x2160, 665.99K)

maybe because its dark souls 7

Ok

Same, I enjoy the game but the hollow world formula just don't work with Elden Ring setting.

Shut the fuck up you casual cunt, nice blog

Cope

I'm bored stiff of Souls now. I don't think Elden Ring's bad, but Souls gameplay has worn thin.

>he doesnt care about zanzibart

ngmi fr fr

The fuck else am I supposed to play?
Horizon Forbidden West?
No thank you.

>Beating elden ring felt completely hollow. I didn't care about the world at all, I didn't really give a shit about any of the characters, the lore was meh and I just wasn't invested.
maybe this is difficult to remember but that's how a lot of people felt about Dark 1 when they beat it lol
unfortunately it seems like FromSoft has been cranking up the difficulty of understanding the story as well as cranking up the difficulty of the bosses.

Attached: 1648997676596.jpg (850x771, 164.09K)

Both Radagon and Elden Beast were shit bosses than left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after the absolute kino that was the Godfrey fight. The Ranni ending redeems it for me, but after finishing it I realized that unless Fromsoft actually does something new to shake up the formula, like what they did with Sekiro, then this might be the last game I play from them.

you didn't like Radagon?

>you didn't like Radagon?
Yes

you're a piece of shit if you didn't get a kick out of Radagon being the martyr and Marika being the beast
their two themes are the two parts of the main menu theme for Christ's sake

Hope you're ready for Armored Kino

Attached: HOPIUM_Full.jpg (1784x1004, 1.2M)

you're a piece of shit
Radagon is one of the best fights in the series

>you're a piece of shit
For not liking boss? Lel
>Radagon is one of the best fights in the series
You're either brain-dead or have incredibly low standards if you think Radagon is the one of the best bosses in the series. Guy doesn't even come close to the likes of Godfrey, Maliketh, or Mogh.

>Radagon being the martyr and Marika being the beast
Is this just straight up headcanon? I've never heard this before. Isn't the elden beast a completely separate entity to radagon and Marika? And yeah I did enjoy radagon.

It's not headcannon, it's all right there for you
Marika is referenced two separate times to be the entity inside the tree and the "god" you have to kill
As you teleport into the tree, Radagon is crucified up on the rune arc, just like each martyr statue for the summoning pools

The endings cutscenes are omegabullshit. Elden beast is stolen from AOT too

but why, can you elaborate

>Godfrey
decent fight, I had fun jumping over his gimmick
>Maliketh
shit fight, any highly mobile boss with weak defenses is shit
>Mogh
decent fight in phase 2, shame the blood curse gimmick is there at all

96 metacritic
15+ million copies sold in less than 2 months
Industry defining game

Attached: cope.jpg (928x619, 46.83K)

NTA but Radagon was a pretty good fight IMO, I enjoyed it and enjoyed overcoming him, but the transition to Elden Beast is so dogshit and unnecessary that it ruined all the fun I had with Radagon. I just used mimic and stomped them both to end the game. Making you fight them back to back made your reward for beating Radagon FROM pissing in your mouth for le difficulty

There are more than 2 games in the world

Elden Beast should have been an optional boss if you choose to not do the default ending

Agreed. It feels like they tried to remake Moon Prescense while forgetting that Moon Prescense was a choice

Ok but what if you're just depressed because part of your brain is still able to tell that your life is devoid of actual achievements and this 3D puzzle game for children is a poor substitute.

yeah I kinda agree, then they could have made radagon harder too

I also think it should have been like Bloodborne's endboss gauntlet where you fight them all in a row, but if you die you can resume on whichever boss killed you instead of starting all over

Radagon and Marika are the same (what is unclear is how long this has been true, and when this may have come into effect). Marika was crucified on the rune, and when she fell, shattered and broken, Radagon awakened - hence Marika's golden hair turning red, which the game made quite clear was a prominent symbol of Radagon, and her vamishing titty act.

Also agree with this. Having to watch the slow ass touch the light animation, skip that cutscene, beat Radagon again, skip the next cutscene, and then fight the Elden Beast was so fucking tedious

damn.

Attached: 1540922065401.jpg (704x400, 18.81K)

A compelling argument.

nta but why do YOU like radagon so much?

I think he was OK. I honestly have nothing to say about him, I didn't hate him, didn't love him. he's just like margit or morgott or godfrey or something, pretty damn straight forward

standout 'good' bosses for me are;
1. Placidusex, hands down best dragon fight in a fromgame ever; everything midir should have been
2. Mogh, clearly telegraphed, very fair, one of a few fights you can 'take your time with' and enjoy

standount 'bads' being; (largely motivated by being a melee dude, so maybe they're less annoying if you have spells for ranged combat)
1. fire giant phase 2 nigga rolling across the map
2. elden beast, chasing his ass around as he teleports
3. astel's bobbing head being hard to hit
malenia was OK. I see what they tried to do, but I don't think they nailed it. she's discount friede with only ONE trick, once you learn the dodge timing to her flurry or just use a bloodhound step wep or quickswap to one she goes from very scary to pretty lame

Same, the gameplay feels bit outdated now

Same, the worldbuilding and consequences are shit, only chamges the tree.

>4 out of 5 Elden Ring threads are made by Shazamtrannies
>idiots blame Fromsoft fans for all the Elden Ring threads
If OP were legitimate, he'd have simply posted his shit opinion in one of the other 4 Elden Ring threads on the front page. He's a fucking Shazamtranny and never played the fucking game.

I played all their modern action RPG games + some of their older games like the King's Field and Shadow Tower series. Loved Elden Ring and I'm on my third playthrough.

Final boss design-wise seemed like an obvious visual nod to Princess Mononoke and the music is beautiful. I do wish we could have fought him on Torrent though.

Attached: Untitled.png (2019x1206, 3.56M)

Okay.

>visual nod to Princess Mononoke
kek long before reaching elden beast for the first time the fact that our horse is a deer was reminding me of that

I think it's because there's no good player involvement in story in the second half of the game. You go to the capital, the thorns are shut, guess you need the giant flame I guess. Oh you got it, now kill Maliketh for some reason. Ok now kill 3 shitty bosses.
>cue 30 second cutscene to top off a 90 hour game

Yeah the "ending" was a bit embarassing. I picked frenzied flame and it's just my character turning into Sauron, evil guy laughing, and then the camera fading to black while stuff burns

only one of the three is shitty

The only ``bonds´´ i had with npc´s are Ranni and her squad, just because they have some dialogue.

Seethe and dilate

You forgot your meds sir

Godfrey wasn't that good either

this

How so?

>and Bloodborne
What, you were excited to beat the Moon Presence?

Godfrey?

You mean HORAH LOUX, WARRIOR

I mean yeah, the Spirit boss as well, the golems from the sky might be inspired by Castle in the Sky and Walking Mausoleums by Howl's Moving Castle. But with Elden Ring it was specifically the finale of the game being inspired by the finale of the movie.

>casual cunt
Says the fromsoft dicksucker. I bet you think they are the hardest games ever created.

what the fuck was with the voice acting in that cinematic

I thought Mogh was good until phase 2. The blood curse gimmick was dumb and him just throwing shit all over the screen was obnoxious

Is this a phrase you hear often? Is that why you repeat it as a natural response to stress?

Same here. Elden Ring was pretty good aside from the copy pasted tunnels and cave layouts and reused mini bosses, but i just want them to try something new.
Bloodborne was a nice change of pace and Sekiro is by far their best game imo and i still hope we will get a sequel since the endings sets it up, but after the success of Elden Ring we will probably just get more open world shit from now on. Armored Core of whatever it will be called will probably be the last one that uses their usual level design.

Maybe something that didn't release in the past month or week?
Do you people have no backlogs or only play the current fotm releases?

>noo why isn't he blindly gobbling down fromsofts cock he must be a casual! git gud zanzibart filtered didn't beat it

Stress? Surely you'd be the one stressed seeing as you think everyone who speaks even somewhat critically of this game makes you scream "SHAZAMTRANNIES SHAZAMTRANNIES IT HAS TO BE SHAZAMTRANNIES"

>get tricked into getting the flame
>melina tells me to fuck off
>cure it
>literally nothing
Not to mention killing the God Tree affects nothing outside the capital and hub and not even the pope turtle comments on it

Attached: 1530214676606.jpg (850x846, 56.82K)

Gherman is much better than radagon and elden beast

Yes, you're stressed when someone calls you out on your bullshit.
"Take your meds" might as well be an admission of guilt.
Go ahead and tell me why you made a whole new thread when there were already 6 negative Elden Ring threads in the catalog if you are not a shazamtranny. Go ahead and tell us why you posted something that makes not fucking sense, and why your thread is flooded with a bunch of vacant, mindless retards saying "duhr yeah, me too" , void of substance.
Explain how the fuck the Elden Beast is supposed to be a"big scary monster" you absolute fucking retard tranny.

>Kill merchant
>Expect other merchant to be hostile now
>Nothing happens expect its easier to buy shit now from the hub
What a waste

Yeah it literally feels like your character is not a part of the world. Nobody gives a shit about any of the things you do. Like I didn't give Roderika the item from the castle this playthrough and it didn't even matter. She follows the exact same arc I just missed out on 2 lines of dialogue.

>the final boss is a BBC
what did from mean by this?

I said it reminded me of the Hollywood trope of having a second villain that's a huge scary monster. I never said it was a scary monster. And I can make a thread if I fucking want to about whatever video game I want. You thinking my opinion based writing makes no sense tells me everything about your autistic self.