Opencritic: 75/100 - 58% Recommended

- GameGrin: 9/10
- GamesHub: 3.5/5.0
- God is a Geek: 9.5/10.0
- Nintendo Life: 6.0/10.0
- Playstation universe: 6.5/10.0
- PushSquare: 4.0/10.0
- RPGSite: 7.0/10.0

Attached: reviews.jpg (983x1055, 261.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Dreamers
jp.square-enix.com/cc_rd/remastered/
chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=13562.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mixing VN segment with the RPG main game
It's like they wanted it to fail from the start

No shit? It's not a very good game to begin with. Only reason anyone gives a single shit about it is because of Chrono Trigger.

Why did they remaster this piece of trash anyway?

The people only like Chrono Cross because of the gorgeous OST and beautiful backgrounds aesthetic.

Updated.

NintendoLife's review is fucking braindead.

Attached: 20220405_083001.jpg (1080x1143, 132.04K)

I could have told you chrono cross is very bad from playing it the first time. why do you need new reviews

i enjoyed the attack animations, skills, and general world feel as well. kid is fucking hot.

also the cutscenes had amazing graphics for the time, used to get nightmares as a kid about serge getting stabbed

Too high for Chrono Cross

why would I care about the reviews? I already played the game , I know what the fuck to expect, I only want the game because I can now play it on switch

>i want bad game because i can play it on handheld

this type of person is so weird to me. i just cant understand

You retards didn't even read them, did you? Even the most negative reviews are praising the base game and only giving it lower scores because they feel the remastering could have gone further graphically.

Definitive proof that Cross is a bad game and substantially worse than Trigger.

Attached: 1641019209582.png (522x711, 312.56K)

why would i read them????????????

why would i EVER read ANY video game review???? lol

Excelt all the reviews are saying it's a good game.

I dont consider it a bad game you shit face, and i dont give a fuck that someone does.

i thought Yea Forums praised chrono cross for years? am i being baited?

Attached: 1584163282336.jpg (892x1080, 480.04K)

How have you been here for years and not notice Yea Forums always shit on games when they are soon to release?

youre the type of person who replays chrono cross on a fucking handheld, who asked for your opinion? rofl

how valueless

5/10 is about right. the completely nonsensical story, the combat system that has less depth than it pretends to and the enormous 'cast' of characters that don't contribute to the story or narrative in any way. the absolutely gorgeous OST can only carry so hard

Then what about this game?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Dreamers

ITT: morons who can't read.

As someone else here pointed out, these reviews are mostly just assessing how good of a port the Radical Dreamers Edition is. Some of them think it's a great remaster, others not so much but are still calling Chrono Cross itself a classic.

Pic related is what people actually think of the game. Stay seething, faggots.

Attached: 20220405_083718.jpg (1080x870, 104.37K)

i just know for years and years people said good things about Chrono Cross for PS1. I've never played the game. Is this remaster terrible? I was going to buy it on switch. Should I just emulate the rom?

Attached: 1593304229524.gif (400x500, 698.27K)

squaresoft bonus

You are the one obsessed with calling it a bad game and wasting time talking about it , Im just gonna play it and enjoy it again and then move on.

if anyone doesnt have value here its you seeing how you dont value your own time and decide to waste it.

yeah so obsessed :)

Cope, Triggerbabby.

No, we praise chrono trigger, not cross

It's still funny to see zoomers fall for memes, watch 10 minutes of gameplay on an emulator, then proceed to repeat the meme themselves. They're trash

>who asked for your opinion
Open review thread
Complain about anons with opinions
lol

How good are the backgrounds in the Remaster? Handmade or some AI upscaling thing?

Any word on whether or not you could choose to use the original OST versus the new one?

cuh cuh cope

game is shit on by everyone in the world, reviewers opinions have never mattered except to non enthusiasts

its so funny that todays Yea Forums is fucking obsessed with review scores, i assure you in the 90s they were completely ignored

>Is this remaster terrible?
No. Even the lower scores say it's a serviceable remaster but didn't like the fact that more wasn't done with the graphics or whatever. Virtually all of them agree the game itself is great.

its just a filter run over the backgrounds. literally a filter.

its insulting yourself if you buy this

There are no new arranged tracks in the remaster. Its the original soundtrack at a better bitrate, nothing more.

>reviewers opinions have never mattered except to non enthusiasts
Try to post reviews of Horizon The Forbidden West or breath of the wild. Then you'll see how reviews suddenly doesn't matter again.

That's alright then.

>game is shit on by everyone in the world
Nope, just by seething Triggerniggers who were expecting Trigger 2.0. Game's great, get fucked.

It's a masterpiece.
Well, the music is. I don't know why they stuck a bonus game with it, it's kind of weird and forgettable.

A shame. The least they could do was an AI upscale and fix missing details by hand like the folks from the FFIX Moguri mod did. I guess Square Enix is just that incompetent.

i mean its no secret this is a normie site/board now but the focusing on reviews shit is just so fucking pathetic...who fucking cares

literally almost 100% of them paid...caring about fucking advertisements

just emulate it for fucks sake PLEASE stop shelling out money for these cash grabs

>incompetent

they don't care and know their pokemon-like sycophant audience such as will buy it and defend it regardless. at this point they only exist off good will, memories, and brand affiliation cultism.

It deserved way worse.
This was a good game
20 YEARS AGO!
And then SE just decides to release it again! ah they can go fuck themselves.
Shitty company with all of their talent gone that can only live off their past glories.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TRIGGER FOR THE 12TH TIME
No.

Not sure if I approve those changes

jp.square-enix.com/cc_rd/remastered/

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-05-10-48-49-1.png (1440x2284, 2.87M)

Shit take. A good portion of CC's tracks work as well as they do because of the visuals and story elements accompanying them.

someone already made an hd remaster of it.

chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=13562.0

that original art was extremely bad even when the game came out

everything about it was

Not surprised. I remember when crono cross fist came out and I was excited thinking it had anything to do with crono trigger only to get triggered myself knowing it wasnt really. The game was OK. Not great but not bad.

Did they at least fix the big slowdowns from the original?

Am I the only that enjoys just sitting in the world listening to their respective songs?

You mean the framerate issues? Unfortunately no.

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS IF THE ORIGINAL MUSIC IS STILL THERE OR IF IT WAS REPLACED

Attached: 1636351974380.png (578x709, 198.54K)

I've been talking shit about Cross since before you were borne, you triple nigger

>he's still coping

Are you co fusing cross with trigger?
The biggest praise cross ever gets is people saying it was judged a little too hardshly over it's trigger connection

>remaster but keep it the same
>REEEE LAZY ITS THE SAME GAMR

>remake it and go further
>REEEEE FANFICTION NEW SOULLESS SHIT REEEEE I WANTED THE SAME

gamers really were a mistake.

dont care, playing it for her

Attached: pngdb-simple-watercolor-clown-illustrator-chrono-cross-trigger-harle-fan-art-video-game-png-igrGth2vR8pmUkZY2cVzPE9N1.jpg (810x905, 131.96K)

>Reviews
who gives a fuck? just make your own opinions you stupid NPC zoomer

Chrono Cross was never good.

What emulator did they install inside this "remaster"?

For the millionth time, yes, the original music is there. The re-arranged/new tracks are menu-only.

Apparently it has shitty background upscaling, bad fps and the remaster options are basic as fuck

That, and Cross's battle system shits on Trigger's any day of the week.

The original literally had some of the highest scores for a game ever. The remaster is just bad.

>still a higher score than stranger of paradise
>and chocobo gp
>and babylon's fall
why square no make good games no more

Attached: 1648660426746.gif (384x480, 3.47M)

Sounds like every other remaster that SE has put out then.

The Moguri Mod may have more work put into it, but it's still smudgy garbage, do the people who praise it just not play it?

chocobo GP was a mobile gatcha moved to consoles, really dumb. could have been a fun little game.

strangers of paradise was too big brained for journos. they think stories are important in games, when the can just go read a book if they care that much. bunch of nerds

i dont even know what babylon's fall is so it sounds like it was doomed from the start

square hasn't made good games in over 20 years

Chrono Cross will never be a classic like you will never be a woman

Rather okay on my CRT with my PS1. Get fucked jews

Based And accurate

they just released Triangle Strategy

I enjoyed Cross, especially the music and battle system, but I remember the true ending being behind some impossible condition. I guess this was from Square's "sell guides" era like FF9.
No physical no buy tho, fuck paying a full price for getting a license to play a game.

Triangle Strategy was good

Never trust contrarians. Cross is a bad game.