Elden ring overrated

elden ring is great game, but i don't get it how everyone from agencies, to game review companies to journous to players is giving it 10/10

pc release is litteraly unplayable with all the stuttering and low framerate. this alone should make it at least 1 point lower. but because its from soft everyone ignores it. if it was ubisoft or any other company and game would get shat on for releasing such laggy game on one of the platforms.
if everyone just calls it perfect 10/10 game, then devs will be encouraged to not give a fuck about performance in future + not even fix it in this game.

thats my main gripe with claling it 10/10. in future be prepared for more laggy as fuck releases from other devs too since it seems noone gives a fuck about releasing game in unplayable state as long as it works on "other platform"

Attached: elden ring 6,7.png (926x443, 97K)

Is there a reason this should matter to anyone?

>pc release is litteraly unplayable with all the stuttering and low framerate
almost as if thats your problem

Attached: err.png (319x403, 126.16K)

Performance or other technical issues should definitely be brought up more often.
Fromsoft made multiple games that sold millions, Elden Ring sold tens of millons and they still can't be bothered to fix multiple second long stutters or loadscreen crahes.

>game has 400k users on steam daily still playing since launch
>90% positive reviews
w-why is this game liked so much??

>steam reviews blindly suck from dick therefore game is flawless

maybe try not playing in a toaster? I played on a fucking MacBook running windows and it worked fine

look at the image in OP. obviously im not the only one, but vast majority have this problem on pc.
this is the reason why i said it cant be 10/10.

didn't say people shouldn't like it. infact i said its great game. but i had to refund pc version and play it on ps. to me that makes it so it can''t be masterpiece or 10/10 like people like to say.
it just encourages devs to be lazy. game stutters even on fucking 3050

5500xt runs it beautifully.

still my point is lots of people have performance issues on pc (thus the 6,7 score on pc version on metacritic) and this should automaticaly in sane world make game to NOT be 10/10.
we are just encouraging laziness with calling it perfect game or masterpiece

Am I the only one that hasn't experienced any major problems on PC? The worst thing that happened was single crash and that's it.

Attached: 6906a79adbcf85f5dd2a13d829f9b106.jpg (500x331, 36.41K)

anyone and their mother can put a review up on Metacritic but only people who buy and play the game can on steam, how retarded are you to take users reviews on Meta critic serious?

I dont know about pc performance, but I hate the quest design. It "kinda" worked in souls games becuase they are linear, but even there you could miss quests by not backtracking often enough. Here in open world it's just pure madness. I've missed so many quests, because you fail x quest if you kill x boss before heading back to where character x said they will go. It's retarded imo. Imagine new player unfamiliar with the souls "quest design" if it can even be called that. They would litteraly miss majority of side quests

also fuck those repeating tornado spins each boss spams, they overused that move too much

okay whatever. if you want to believe that majority of people on pc dont have perforamnce problem go ahead. i don't see the point in blindly defending company like that

they also released it with broken/unfinished npc questlines. I don't know how people can just look trough that and say its ok anyway

no one claims that, the reason the steam reviews aren't at 100% is because it did have issues in the beginning as seen here, nearly all these negatives from the first couple days were about the issues.

They dropped a patch a while later that seemed to have fixed MOST players their issues including mine - not to say the game is smooth 60 fps for me neither it sometimes dip but very rarely and not as much as the first day. If the game still had constant issues to the point it would be unplayable it wouldn't have 400k players still playing after a month which is unheard of for a singleplayer game

Attached: review.png (607x370, 19K)

this. from soft is aaa at this point with their budgets. no excuse, they rushed the release, and not pointing out the issues is just encouraging them to repeat the problems in further games

They fucked up on multiple avenues. On one hand we have the bad stutters on PC, but there's also no console that can lock the native game at 30 or 60fps consistently. The best ways to experience the game is either in PS4 mode on the PS5, which is locked at 60fps or playing it on performance mode on the XsX on a VRR screen.
Another reason for many of the 0 point reviews on metacritic are SEAniggers complaining about having no english language option because they only got the chink version.
Even with these issues, it's still an 8/10 for me on my potato PC.

It's 8.5/10 at best. More like a 7 realistically.

Journos praise it because they are tired of being mocked.
As for regular people, everyone who isn't into souls shit doesn't even bother playing anymore.

>pc release is litteraly unplayable with all the stuttering and low framerate.
More like all the fucking idiots with their 10 year old hardware are complaining they can't run the game.

It's the second worst souls game. Open world was a mistake

i got 3050 and it stutters with it, had to refund pc version and go play on ps

Elden Cringe became absolutely shit the moment you reach the second part of Caelid. Those retarded slanted eyes nippoids fucked the damage values and are afraid of fixing it because the autistic virgin retards who grinded to go through the stupid difficulty wall will go ape shit if they do.

Imagine making bosses with 20 swing long combos who are killing you in 1/2 hit and thinking that it's ok.
>MUH GIT GUD
Acquire taste, fromdrone.

Attached: 1560016179548.jpg (1024x832, 147.73K)

I would argue it isn't great, either, certainly not as good as Sekiro or Bloodborne. It feels like a regression in almost every way.

I'm glad that I skipped sekiro, I'll use it to rince away the taste of shit I got after playing Elden Ring. I finished Bloodborne 5 times already, can't really play it again.

Its not that its fixed, the first day was awful because of shader compilation, the subsequent days were fine because all the shaders were built.
Only consolefags like to propagate what OP is saying because they are retards who need to justify their shitboxes so they act like PC is still unplayable so they can enjoy their 40 FPS experience

>no one claims that, the reason the steam reviews aren't at 100% is because it did have issues in the beginning as seen here, nearly all these negatives from the first couple days were about the issues.
NTA, but the stuttering has never been fixed. Not a single one of the patches has adressed the issues.
The reason for the stuttering is still the same, it just happened less because the game had precached many of the shaders by that point. But if you enter a new area for the first time, it will stutter again, until the shaders have been precached. The best bet to minimize it on PC is to, as soon as you enter a new map area, dart across it and then let it run for half an hour and hope some things has been precached by then. But of course nobody does that.
If they just put out a patch that precached all the shaders like many other games do (e.g. Forza Horizon 4 & 5), the
But From Software is From Software and they never care about fixing technical issues. That's just the kind of lazy fucknuggets they are. If you buy their games, you have to deal with them yourself.

The only thing that slightly alleviated it was a new AMD driver shortly after release.

I said it before in another thread before jannies got pissed off and deleted it:
Souls games appeal to normalfags and journofags because of the illusion of progress. They keep putting the same hurdles in front of you with a gameplay loop that makes you FEEL like you're getting better at the game, but the reality is its just like any other JRPG with an action brush thrown over it. It's not deep. It's not challenging. It does NOTHING to force you to get better at the game. That is the reason why monster hunter is the superior "challenging" game due to the fact you have to actually "get good" instead of just grinding levels. Equipment and levels mean nothing in Monster Hunter if you don't get good.

>BB
>better
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
maybe if it ran at 60 FPS, turned off the chromatic aberration, and actually had steady framepacing. that piece of shit 25 FPS game is the worst in the series, and is only worshipped because of it being an exclusive.

>fuming pc-kek
LMAO

Game journalists gave it 10/10 because From fans are retards and they didn't want to get flooded with harassment after giving it a 7. They get their ad revenue, they keep all the merch Bandai sent them, the fanbase is happy, everybody wins.

works on my machine

Attached: current specs.png (1710x678, 150.66K)

I have same opinion, I don't think it's as bad as some here make it out to be, but open world added absolutely nothing to the souls formula.

>retarded aspie
>redditborne reaction image
Pottery.

>92 vs 96
holy seething

Initially it was similar to the metacritic user score in the OP. Then it mysteriosly changed to 90% positive despite nothing being fixed. I'm guessing they threw out a bunch of negative reviews for "review bombing".

>review bombed by troons
>overrated
it literally couldn't have succeeded any harder

I have a cracked PS4 with the 60 fps patch retard.

Elden Stuttering had way worse performance than BB at launch, PChud.

>dozens of dungeons, but only 4 of 5 different room sets for those dungeons
>every boss is reused as either a mob or as a "different" boss with a different "lore"
10/10 masterpiss

>PS5 version has the highest metascore
Sonychads stay winning.

ER's problems have been fixed and I can play it 4K 60(60+ with mods) FPS
BB is still a piece of shit running at 1080 barely 30, the framepacing is god fucking awful
snoys actually forced themselves to play a piece of shit that runs like a multiplat ps3 game just because it was an exclusive

Get a rig from the last 5 years lol.

>40 FPS
>winning
nah you're just pointing out the sony bonus

Attached: 1397347362946.jpg (1920x1080, 476.93K)

>singleplayer game
There it is.

Even if I didn't like ER, I would be glad that the game existed just for memory holing Forbidden Kek

The 6.7 score is because of paid panjeets trying to promote Horizon lol.

Fromsoft... forgive me

ok but who asked

The PS4 version runs at a flawless 60fps on PS5, chud.

anyone tried playing elding with kb+m?
trying it now after 40 hours with controller and the camera speed is amazing

Attached: console vs pc.webm (800x450, 2.12M)

yes while running the game at very low
ps trannies cant stop losing
I agree. Based From making snoys seethe hard everyone forgot about their cancerous sjw game.

Attached: 215122151.jpg (2048x2048, 475.86K)

>no arguments
spotted the fromdrone happily eating open word shit as long as it's produced by his favorite dev

Buggy and unoptimized games aren't a "Elden Ring success" problem, they're a games as service and agile/spirit development problem.

For those that haven't bothered to learn how their hobby works or those who don't work in and around development circles, Agile/Sprint is basically a product development method that emphasizes shitting out your product as quickly as possible while making interactive improvements post-launch. Companies who practice the games as service model love this method because it means they cut costs, see a ROI a lot sooner, and create the illusion of giving a shit about the consumer's end experience.
It helps to conceptualize it if you view every as being shifted over a notch. 1.00v launch state is now what the beta state used to be, whereas "postlaunch support" is now the completion of the finished product. Buying a game at launch, or any product for that matter, from a company that practices a games as service model is akin to purchasing an early access product.
What makes this all the worse is that fact that this has become so prolific as to be seen as standard practice. Games that launch in a finished state and receive little to no postlaunch content are often considered "abandoned" or "ignored" by their devs.

Attached: bottle of (you).png (1400x1000, 882.13K)

Wouldn't know anything about that, I play BB on a jailbroken PS4 with the 60fps patch installed and it's far and away a better experience than Elden Ring.

Sure you do pc-kek

so do I and the framepacing is just unbearable, plus 720p makes everything look like smeared shit. such a garbage game cant imagine subjecting yourself to it
cope snoy tranny

Who gives a fuck if the game is sick af fr no cap.

It is definitely overrated by journalists but a lot of games are so whatever. There is a lot of content and even though its copy pasta'd later on its still good content. More than I can say about BOTW.

>ER has to fight off BOTWtrannies AND Horizontrannies
>Even though it's a multiplat
The KING OF GAMES

I don't really care what you think, Elden Stuttering is still overrated and Bloodborne is the best Souls game ever.

I fucking KNEEL

>yes while running the game at very low
That'd be a compelling argument if the game ran at stable 60fps with very low settings on PC, which it doesn't. It's the most stable way to play the game. Snoys are retarded but being so far up your own ass you can't even seed them any ground when their platform has any positives just shows your autism.