Is this a typical video game?

I haven't played AAA vidya since Witcher 3.
Someone told me to try this game. Obviously I pirated it, not giving MS a dime.

I'm sorry but I'm totally out of the loop. Is this a typical video game in 2022? Is this how games are now?

There's Borderlands dialogue every 10 seconds. A wacky eccentric brown-skinned sidekick, the black female sidekick, the disabled sidekick, the eccentric radio DJ sidekick. There's more women in this game than men, and they're all butch lesbians. Not a bikini in sight (not that I miss the booth babes, just clarifying how the female representation differs from old school racers).

I don't really care about the women, really, but there's so much fucking cringe it's unbelievable. Unskippable cutscenes, weird accents, everything is goofy and ironic and super colorful.

I seriously, not kidding, had to mute the game. There are audio sliders but they do nothing. I would've liked to hear the engine sounds and SFX, but can't have that without the crrrraaazzzy sidekick characters!
So I just set it to 0 volume from the Windows mixer and listen to podcasts.

Oh yeah, and did I mention the tutorial asks you for your pronouns? Is this how games are now?

Attached: forza-horizon-5-button-fin-1629830068379.jpg (300x300, 27.6K)

Attached: 1636827986455.jpg (900x675, 63.54K)

But the game will say your name at the start, isn't that immersive?! And even though the character creator which serves no meaningful purpose can't make anyone resembling you, you can make someone who drives despite having no limbs!

>dude there's a black person in my game so it's... LE BAD

>asks you pronouns
JFC

>not that I miss the booth babes
t. low t

if this is the entirety of your experience, you're telling us you've literally only played for 15 minutes.

If you genuinely had to mute the game, you unironically have autism

The first Horizon on 360 has what you describe, and in 3 the cringe was pretty background and ignorable, and none of the diversity cult shit. So if you want something similar I'd suggest Horizon 1,2, and 3.

But yes, this is modern gaming.

No, I've played up to 20 hours. But I muted the game after about 3. The driving itself isn't bad, though I despise how the game throws you tracks that you CANNOT complete without your car wrecking itself AND the cpu cars don't take any damage. So you literally have to turn off damage to even complete some of the tracks, let alone compete with the AI.

Maybe if you watch Netflix 6 hours a day you're desensitized to this shit. I'm not. I would much rather listen to podcasts or lectures from Youtube while I mindlessly drive around and complete races.

If I could have sound effects and no speech that would be great, but my main complaint is that the audio sliders do nothing (disabling "voice" or "speech" doesn't disable NPC speech) and I can't skip cutscenes. The game needs a speedrunner mode or something.

When the only option is to listen to the claptrap dialogue then yes, I'm muting it.

>turn down game audio
>play own music
>have fun racing around
I genuinely don't give a fuck about the rest because I'm not retarded.

Attached: 2019 racing game.png (1080x1271, 236.4K)

>look up and
>mfw char creation literally features a Prosthetics and Identity tab
Is this the first Forza with these indispensable gameplay elements? If not where did they start to introduce them?

Attached: laothesavageandtiresome.jpg (800x450, 41.57K)

Bro I LOVE unskippable cutscenes and gratingly bad dialogue in my games because I'm not some weirdo

Thank you. It's literally this.

>put controller down
>look on Yea Forums
>play game when it's done
It's really not that big a deal. The truth is if this game had more men and sexy bitches in it, you actually wouldn't be complaining about the cutscene. Thus, retarded.

>horizon 3 character customization is just a photo and a name
>horizon 4 adds clothing/hats
>horizon 5 lets you chop off body parts
What will Horizon 6 do?

As in this pic is not even an exaggeration for the sake of humor. You get a free supercar the moment you're first thrown in the overworld from the tutorial. The first 5 minutes consist of you driving off cliffs to make super epic ultimate movie stunts. Further in you continue getting free cars typically after every race. And there's a literal free mansion.

15 minutes into the game I had the best supercar (I think it's technically a hypercar?) I could want. It looks nice, I'll give it that.

You are literally defending the practice of unskippable cutscenes.
Is this modern Yea Forums?

Do you think all those people who've previously brought up the complaint of unskippable cutscenes in video games regardless of genre, platform, characters, language, writing etc. never thought to look away from the screen?

>he doesn't buy games to do something else while he waits for the game to let him play the game

>Oh yeah, and did I mention the tutorial asks you for your pronouns?
I made a nigga cyborg and have everyone call him ma'am
Sorry your autism stops you from having fun.

i just want to race

I remember trying FH4 out to see what the fuss is about, and I got a fucking 599 after finishing 5th or 6th in a random race. Like, what the fuck? Why would I even want to improve myself and try to become better at the game if I can get top tier cars for free?

Why not play Motorsport instead of Horizon if you're going to cry about exaggerated gameplay aspects

>I don't like badly written cringy dialogue therefore I don't like fun

>choose the version known for cringy dialogue
>cry when it's there

not only are you bad, but you're seriously retarded
like clinically
how many times did the game offer to adjust the difficulty down

I don't see how giving you rewards constantly for breathing and eliminating a lot of the sense of progression or achievement is tied to the "Horizon" label.

It's a game about racing on roads instead of a racetrack. It has some outlandish unrealistic tracks. Fine, I didn't complain about any of that. I like some of the more arcady aspects. But I don't see the connection between having races take place on the streets and giving me this car for completing the tutorial. Even inside this games own internal logic it's a top tier vehicle.

Attached: gumpert_apollo_intensa_emozione_2019_0000.jpg (1600x900, 307.01K)

Why are you seething about me not praising all aspects of a product made by a literal trillion dollar corporation, lol.
The game bumped the difficulty to Expert, as if it makes any difference.

You control the buttons you press. You don't have to use that car.

B-but he said you're bad!

I don't think I ever have, but I keep getting free cars left and right. A lot of the cars I wanted to unlock through playing I've just unlocked accidentally for free.

It's literally a game where the only real content is unlocking shit, and there's like 500 cars to unlock because they know that is the real draw, but then the game just hands them all out taking most of the incentive away. Driving around the map is in itself not that interesting for that long.

This is the worst excuse for poor game balance. Can be said about anything. It's ok to make a platformer too easy because you can aim your jumps worse. It's ok to make a shooter unbalanced because you can aim worse. A video game having challenge is one of the reasons it exists. Balance is a job for the developers to handle. Outsourcing a crucial part of their work to be a responsibility of the paying customer is just poor workmanship.

>but then the game just hands them all out taking most of the incentive away.
Yeah, it really didn't feel like I earned anything.

>Driving around the map is in itself not that interesting for that long.
I'm still not sure how you're intended to go about that.
>game is so woke it asks your pronouns before you can play
>the fastest/funnest/easiest way to get around is to tear up the mexican countryside and wreck their villages as much as possible

If you don't use that car it just rebalances around whatever car you do use making the game easier as it goes. I never once felt challenged and the game kept offering to put the difficulty up. The only thing that did was make it so the lead car that started practically a lap ahead of you drove faster so you'd catch up with it later in the race. Woo.
That said I did have to restart events more than once because the "AI" decided to T-bone me into hard scenery and on the harder difficulties you can't recover from that. Literal artificial difficulty trying to paper over trivial gameplay.

>pirated a 1 dollar game
how poor are you?

Thanks user, I was looking for a summarization just like yours. I was eyeing with the Forza series for a while but It wasn't clear which one I should pick. This settled it.

If you play a straight white male character (if those are still in the game) you slow down before the finish automatically and let all the shitskins, queers, trannies and women pass so that you can check your privilege.

There are no straight men in the game. If you pick a man the first cutscene is him sucking a big dick. If you pick a woman, you're getting your dick sucked.

good morning sir

>1 dollar game
>except you wouldn't get to own it for 1 dollar so it's not really a 1 dollar game

That's not how the game works. It's supposed to be a sandbox, and the races populate based on the car you pick. If you pick a shitbox, the AI racers will also be driving shitboxes. In that sense, progression isn't getting better cars but getting better at driving

literally ignore every piece of dialogue in the game, mute the music, and go straight into tuning and online racing as soon as you can
this is a car game for car guys, the "culture" shit is to trick reviewers to give it high scores

getting good at tuning is another really important progression, and the PI system means that cars you think will be good are actually shit
some supercars have too high starting PI so your upgrades aren't as effective, so no matter how good at driving you are, the car is just shit
cars that seem like they would be shit end up being surprisingly good because their starting PI is lower than it should be

>getting good at tuning is another really important progression
The game does not seem to want to communicate that and the main audience is not going to be capable of understanding it.

when you hop into online racing and get fucking smoked, if you can't figure out why, you need to play a different game

>Racing?

>the game is poorly designed with complex systems it doesn't communicate
>this is the players' fault when they lose because of things they weren't aware of
Why do they even bother to hire game designers anyways?

all the faggotry is a microsoft special
Forza is fun and very well optimized but the faggotry is just to much

you pay 1 dollar to have niggers and excentric femoids take real estate in your head

you are the sucker

tuning is a big part of the game, it's not hidden knowledge
the game pushes you to tune your car so much that you're a fucking idiot if you missed it

What the fuck do you mean it doesn't communicate tuning? Do you mean how to tune or that tuning is even an option?

>shitter detected
Go play GT7 if you want it to hold your hand.

I think it said tuning exists, but that's like telling a kid scuba diving exists and dropping them in the pacific.

nah you're just a retard

No, this game is bad about the whacky video game thing.

Be thankful you didn't play 4.

I'm sorry you're so angry that I think your autism sliders aren't fun. We can buy you an audio mixer board to play with if you'd like.

>seething about cars
what the fuck is your problem? are you a faggot?

Attached: norm.jpg (1080x743, 80.9K)

its pretty cringe, but gameplay is good and lots of content
i always play while watching a show or movie, so i have the game muted

There's constant reminders you can tune your car, in menus when you're looking at your garage and and even right before a race
You can download tunes from other players if you're too scared to do it yourself

>2022
>Codemasters still hasn't gotten close to replicating how good this game is

Shit, forgot my fucking image.

Attached: Race_Driver_-_GRID_(box_art).png (281x353, 61.02K)

the only racing game i completed with max difficulty, no assists, no hud and driver cam only

>you have to tune
>but tuning doesn't actually matter because:
>You can download tunes from other players
Wow, a new way the game is shit, thanks!

cars getting handed out for free is still much better than cars being locked behind 20 hours of grinding (unless you want to buy some in-game credits with real money :^)).

Attached: FOQKB8DVUAAlnTi.jpg (1920x1080, 216.21K)

you can't tweak downloaded tunes, so if you want to fiddle around, you have to do it yourself

That's because the AI didn't cheat. Anybody who says RDG 2008 had rubberbanding was just bad. Once I perfected that shit, I was pulling away from Ravenwest by Lap 2 by 4-5 seconds on Extreme and they stayed there.

>you have to spec your character
>but speccing doesn't actually matter because:
>You can copy builds from other players
Wow, a new way the game is shit, thanks!

Attached: 0Jz6uJLxOK7JOMMfcfHFBi1D.png (1024x1024, 1018.46K)

>tuning is super easy, just download good tunes other people made!
>oh, actually that means you're locked out of tuning if you do want to learn it
Does it get even worse?

I can't understand that decision for the life of me

it's done so people can't just copypaste tunes and reupload them for free in-game credits / achievements

>20 HOURS

OH THE HORROR

IMPOSSIBLE GRINDING OMG

fucking zoomer

Attached: 1622994302258.jpg (467x573, 30.95K)

elden ring is the most game ever

you generally don't need to tune much unless you've made something far beyond its starting class, or you're going for drift or drag tunes

at one hour per day (reasonable amount of time for an adult with a job and a family), that's almost three weeks of playing the game to unlock one (1) single car.
grindfags are mentally deranged.